[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going back to the gym for the first time since September, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1389104240385.jpg (445KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1389104240385.jpg
445KB, 2000x3000px
Going back to the gym for the first time since September, how do I best go about that? What should I expect?

I'm planning on just doing a little bit of everything, easing the weight up until it gets uncomfortable, so not really 1RM testing but more like working-set testing. Is that a good plan or should I do lighter than that?

I've literally been able to feel the atrophy setting in the past few weeks lol, worried that my strength will have dropped off by 40% or something.
>>
>>39639425
Thanks? I don't think /fit/ is a fast board, probs don't need to bump the thread
>>
Just start with a little bit lighter than what you were previously doing and see how it goes. Your gonna be sore as fuck either way after not going for that long.
>>
>>39639403
Bump
>>
>>39639403
Do the same lifts you intend to do next week but with lighter weight.
On the first week it's better to end a practice thinking you did too little than knowing you did too much.
>>
Do lighter weight and proper form. Dont injure yourself. Did injure my lower back becouse of too much weight in too little time. Really angry about it, have to rest extra becouse of that... Hate rest days!!
>>
>>39639403
im returning after a 3 year break

plan to normalize my fitness and breathing via a few weeks cardio and stretching
then ill move on to body weight exercises, further stretches and legs

going to make sure im completely fit stretched and in sync with my own bidy weight before lifting free weights

after a couple months ill move on to free weight lifting and from them on, everyday will have 20 mins cardio, 20 mins body weight exercises & stretching and then 30 mins free weights for whatever muscle im working that day
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.