[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SQWATS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1340458439003.jpg (148KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1340458439003.jpg
148KB, 550x550px
Why does 5x5 give so much emphasis on squats? I know you shouldn't skip leg day yadda yadda, but with this program every day is sodding leg day!
>>
>>39635867

Because your legs are the biggest part of your body (in terms of how much muscle they can have) Way more than your back which would be the second.

And what do you know? Doing squats you do a shiton of legs + some back (assuming you are doing backsquats you need to have a strong back to not bend during heavy ass squats). + do you know what is one of the best mass builders for your back and entire body? The deadlift. Do you know how do you improve your deadlift? Deadlifting + Squatting (at a novice stage if you stall on squats you will stall on deadlifts, believe me i've been there)

TLDR: If you only care for aesthetics doing A LOT of squats as a newbie will get you two things:
1) as above mentioned: you need them for deadlifting seriously, which gives you an amazing back
2) the more muscle you have the more calories you burn the more you can eat without getting fat. And you legs and back are the places that will have the most quantity of muscle of your whole body BY FAR
>>
>>39636161
GOOD points. Although both squats and deadlifts only seem to make me mostly work quads and lower back respectively. Poor form maybe?
>>
>>39635867

Doing legs everyday is dumb as fuck anyway.

If you're squatting over 250+ pounds, but your bench is lagging behind to like lmao1pl8, then just lay off the fucking squats, or only do it once a week.

if your squats are garbage, and you can't even get to lmao2pl8 yet, then work on it I guess. You should be able to get it just on beginner gains.
>>
>>39635867
Just replace the squats with curls and you have a perfect program
>>
>>39636426

As far as squats go yeah, i also only feel them in my lower back only. But if you aren't feeling your lats involved in the deadlift it probably means you are either not involving them correctly or that you aren't lifting enough weight.

See this video if you think you are not involving correctly your lats during the deadlift and try it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuV_ZMZU9qc
My mental queue is to, right before the pull, turn my elbows so that they face me (or in other words, rotating your elbows so that your biceps are not facing you). But you have to feel it for youself
>>
File: 1453903166784.jpg (133KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
1453903166784.jpg
133KB, 726x677px
>>39636426
thats because they target those two mainly, friend
>>
>>39636568
>>39636426

In the video, when he does it with "good form" you can see how his biceps are direcly facing the camera that is when you should feel your lats
>>
>>39636454
My squat is at 50kg, and my bench at 37.5kg. Would you say my bench is lagging?

>>39636500
Aren't squats supposed to be good because they are "compound" and "full body"? Curls will only target my biceps... oh wait, are ye... are ye ploughing jesting?

>>39636568
>>39636580
This is great, I will defo check my form in my next session!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.