[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Empty Stomach Workout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5858.jpg (137KB, 1200x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5858.jpg
137KB, 1200x674px
How do people manage to make it through a workout on an empty stomach? And why do many claim it is best to train on an empty stomach? I personally enjoy a good breakfast before working out so I was wondering how people manage to train like that without feeling all dizzy, nauseated, dead-on-arrival etc.
>>
Fuel the night before + BCAAs
>>
>>39632541
i always feel slow and tired after a good meal and found it's best if i just work out on empty stomach. rarely i'll have a banana before leaving for gym but that's it

>how people manage to train like that without feeling all dizzy, nauseated, dead-on-arrival etc.
never felt any of those things
>>
It's not necessarily better.

I do intermittent fasting so I train on an empty stomach, it was hard at first but you get used to it.

If I eat a little before training it was okay, but if I eat too much I get sick now.

But honestly, just do whatever is most comfortable for you. If you're looking to fast, I can tell you that you get used to it, if not, keep eating.
>>
I've worked out really hungry a few times and it always leads me to either

>feel like I'm about to vomit when working out hard
or
>get home and fucking want to binge on everything

My preferred way is working out like 1-2 hrs after a meal. That way I only want my protein shake.
>>
>>39632586
The only correct answer
>>
I workout first thing in the morning after waking up, so I never eat before. Personally, sitting down to a nice full breakfast after hitting the gym is very satisfying.

When I've worked out with food in my stomach, I wind up with side stitches or acid reflux issues. All that core bracing pushes everything up.
>>
>>39632621
no, this is the correct answer
>do whatever is most comfortable for you
>>
The idea you need a bunch of glycogen in you and that you deplete glycogen through an hour of weight training is laughable.

You have plenty of ATP on board to do an hour of lifting.

Fueling before only becomes an issue if you are involved in competitive endurance sports where training is typically more than an 1.5 hours every day.

Your body probably does more 'work' in an hour of vo2max interval training than an entire week of weight training.

It takes the body 2-3 hours to convert carbohydrate to glycogen anyways, so if you feel better eating and then lifting right after its purely psychological. If you absolutely need to eat before lifiting you have a fucked metabolism and need to train with low carbohydrate in a fasted state to stress the metabolism to make it improve.
>>
>>39632541
Sounds like your blood sugar is low anon, try eatting a hersheys kiss and then go workout.
>>
>>39632926
>If you absolutely need to eat before lifiting you have a fucked metabolism and need to train with low carbohydrate in a fasted state to stress the metabolism to make it improve.
I need proof, got a study?
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
It's a balance for me- having some fuel in the tank means I can get more done at the gym, but having too much means my blood is being used by my gut, and that I'm physically fuller and have problems with squats and the likes.

Also I like to eat after a workout.

In short, the best thing is a light breakfast/lunch/meal before gym and a big one right after.
>>
>>39632541
Different strokes for different folks food before a workout makes my friend nauseous, an empty stomach during a lift makes me nauseous and weaker. Listen to your body and react accordingly.
>>
>>39632926
1 hour gym session? who does that...
>>
File: jason in 'nam.jpg (141KB, 1024x665px) Image search: [Google]
jason in 'nam.jpg
141KB, 1024x665px
Gotta Carb load on BCAAs bro.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.