[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wikipedia article of "Gym"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 212
Thread images: 23

File: Gym.jpg (764KB, 1715x1215px) Image search: [Google]
Gym.jpg
764KB, 1715x1215px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gym
>Body management is gendered. Women arguably have the most pressure to maintain a "desirable" appearance. Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance. Regarding exercise women find aerobics makes them feel inadequate and view weightlifting as a masculine activity.[7] While men tend to have to walk a thin line when dealing with aesthetics in order to not appear feminine. Currently some of this tension has been relived because of the metrosexual movement which allows men who work on their appearance to be more socially accepted.[8] Some women face obstacle in the pursuit of fitness. Women tend to be more social in gym settings as they often go in groups and interact with other members. This can become a distraction from exercise. Women are also more likely to face “harassment” from the opposite sex. This is usually limited to unpleasant looks or unwanted conversation. But some men have been known to pursue their “targets” more actively, such as following them around the gym or figuring out their schedules in order to be present during their workouts. As a result some females actively try to avoid any interaction that would disrupt from their workout.[9]

>Gym staff are trained not only in fitness but in social interaction. Its nearly impossible to ignore the social culture created in these gyms and it causes deviation from exercise

>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope.[12]

is Wikipedia correct?
>>
wtf, who wrote this shit?
>>
>>39631691

REE FEMINISTS
>>
>>39631698
Some man the harpoons tier feminazi most likely.
>>
>>39631698
Liberals
>>
>women go in groups and get distracted from their workouts
>but women also avoid being social so as not to distract from their workouts
Was this written by a stroke patient?
>>
>>39631691
Lmao, i'm the physiologist improver when i do my compounds and the social cunt when i'm doin isolations
>>
>>39631691
>>>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope.[12]
except makeup actually does something
>>
Went and deleted it. Wonder how quick some feminazi wikipedia editor will come and revert it.
>>
>>39631691
this was written by somebody too intelligent to lift
>>
>>39631776
Got reverted. The person who wrote all that shit seems to be a Dominiquejrivera, and all of it was added in the last 2-3 months.
>>
>>39631691
Can we all agree that wikipedia is dead now? What a fucking joke.
>>
File: mmmk.gif (49KB, 280x438px) Image search: [Google]
mmmk.gif
49KB, 280x438px
>>39631691
>Florida Gym
Ayyyyyyy that was unexpected
>>
>>39631691
I edited out the supplements part.

>"Removed incorrect information from someone who is neither a man nor goes to a gym."

How did I do?
>>
>>39631691
>Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance.
that's America and Africa, not the "West"
>>
>>39631691
>Women arguably have the most pressure to maintain a "desirable" appearance. Especially in the contemporary West women are pressured to be thin while maintaining a curvy appearance
>/fat/ will deny this while having hourly fat people threads and complaining about women who don't have single digit bodyfat
>>
>>39633693
Going to the gym has nothing to do with losing weight, it does not belong in this article in the first place
>>
>>39631762
Triggered
>>
that "gym interactions" section is the worst
>>
>>39633703
what?
>>
>>39631691
>women tends to be more social, go in groups and interact with other members
>women are more likely to face harassment from opposite sex
>unpleasant looks or unwanted conversation
Well maybe if they stopped blabbing around all the time and wore something else than skintight leggings and a bra others wouldn't bother them as much.
>>
>>39633693
>complaining about women who don't have single digit bodyfat
No one does this. Please leave
>>
>>39633703
Found the SS victim.
>>
>bar-bells
>>
File: 1472240726187.jpg (133KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1472240726187.jpg
133KB, 444x453px
>>39631691
>tfw a huffpost editor edits the wikipedia article on gyms
>>
>>39633632
That's biology, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>39633825

Seriously. I was just in the gym an hour ago.

>move to flat bench, grab some dumbbells
>bunch of ditsy 23-25 year olds getting "trained" by some woman
>all of them wearing skin tight leggings and doing butt exercises
>trying to focus on my lifts because I don't give a fuck, the gym is the temple of self-improvement
>every time I start a set of dumbbell presses I can hear them stop talking
>when I look at the mirror after I sit up the entire group looks away and starts blabbering again
>they all do about one set of whatever the fuck they were doing with the yoga ball

I could barely even concentrate because it felt like I was at a party, not at the gym. It was awkward for me.
>>
>>39631691
>grunting and sweating while working out
>just so they can pretend they come to the gym to work out

yeah, just imagine as if anyone would go to the gym to really actually work out. we're all just pretending, r-right guys?
>>
>>39631691
This has to be one of the worst articles on Wikipedia. Wow.
>>
>>39631691
What the fuck? Who wrote this horse shit?
Is there a way to report this or change it or what?
>>
>>39633289
How much of a loser do you have to be to waste hours a day editing shit for free and arguing with tards on article Talk pages?
This alone is why Wikipedia is the way it is.
>>
>>39634038
I just deleted it
>>
>>39634113
...and it's back
>>
I just deleted it
>>
WTF? When did Wikipedia get overrun with SJW retards? Last time I used wikipedia it was reliable. Is this how they get funds? By turning it into a left propaganda site?
>>
>>39634113
Lolwhat you too? How does it get back so fast or do changes have to be approved first or somethin ?
>>
>>39634156
its been this way ever since people realized you can go in and change things to fit your agenda, so like 4 years
>>
>>39631691
I just found out, both the Gender and Supplements sections were written by some loser sociology student at a university, as part of her sociology homework. Literally a worthless loser.

Also checked, since they have a whole "class group" on Wikipedia, what edits her classmates did. One of them was assigned the "Race and crime" wikipedia page, and deleted mentions of actual crime statistics, and added tons of whining about "discriminations in policing". None of it has been reverted back.
>>
>>39634174

but they're backed up by mods
>>
>>39634184
>university in 2016
>marxist indoctrination camps
sad
>>
The cucks keep bringing the sections backs up.

Is there anyone who's familiar with Wikipedia who knows who to contact about this unsources SJW bullshit?
>>
>>39634184
You're going to have to source this mang
>>
lol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_failing
>>
>>39634218
>>39634184
Found the source
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)

It's literally a conspiracy to modify Wikipedia pages to the agenda of this professor. What the fuck?
>>
>>39634255
Maybe /fit/ should have its own "group", coordinated in 4chan of course, where we go around fixing /fit/-related Wikipedia pages? We can find sources for everything and MWGA.
>>
>>39634255
Nice find.
>>
>>39634285
We should do this but with InfoGalactic, or else our contributions will just get instantly deleted.
>>
>>39634377
Nobody gives a shit about Infogalactic. If we just set up our own Wikipedia group we can support each other on different pages. Once an edit is highly voted, group consensus makes it difficult to change back.
>>
>>39634285
>>39634377
What is InfoGalactic?
>>
>>39634465
It's a Wikipedia alternative created by Vox Day who isn't politically biased to the left.
They have all of Wikipedia's articles, since they're Creative Commons, so the content is mostly the same excluding edits made on Infogalatic. The advantage is you won't get your edits reverted by a hormonal admin.

>>39634411
Go back to the Wiki page in OP. An admin just re-added the Gender and Supplements sections, and wants to lock the article.
>>
>>39634189
a sjw infiltration starts slow, builds up with time and before you know it you're going face first in to shit. For reference see the comic and video game industries
>>
>>39631691
>relived

Quality article right here, lads.
>>
Surprise surprise, the genius responsible for this article is a sociology student.
>>
>>39634526
Also /tg/ stuff like wizards of the coast, so d&d along with all its accompanying /lit/ too.
They just take and take and take, then have the Gall to wonder why Trump won.
>>
>>39634255
And I just donated to them..
So is there anything that can be done at this point or is it time to jump ship?
>>
>>39634574
i know the cancer metaphor is overused but it's really shocking how relevant it is. They abide their time and grow in numbers until one day you go to the doc about a cough and it's too late. What the fuck is there left to do other than to sit back and watch?
>>
>>39634621
Fight it when you see little things pop up with friends, convince the moderates you can.
Dont buy vidya games movies tickets to movies, books that support it
>>
>>39631698
(((sociology))) students

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wiki_Ed/Florida_International_University/Basic_Ideas_of_Sociology_(Fall_2016)
>>
Wikipedia had the function of the Palmaris longus muscle being 'jack off speed' for a long time.

You tell me if Wikipedia is legitemate or not. It really isn't true for so many reasons that I don't think anyone would reasonably want to go into it.
>>
File: 1480259485647.jpg (58KB, 243x658px) Image search: [Google]
1480259485647.jpg
58KB, 243x658px
>>
Course closed due to an ongoing investigation into allegations against Alfredo Garcia. For further information, please contact the Help Desk at http://it.fiu.edu/helpdesk.

we did it leddit
>>
>>39634835
What happened?
>>
>>39634851
the page >>39634668 got shut down
>>
>>39634835
link it brah
>>
>>39634210
Nah, its basically just sociology and "studies" trying to ruin everything for everyone like usual. Its hilarious because those majors are probably the most exploitative in Marxist terms.
>>
>>39634827
Kek
>>
>>39634919
Yeah but I mean why
It was up like an hour ago

>>39634930
I'm an engineering student and even we have this kind of shit pop up
>>
You guys will probably hate me for this, but should we ask /pol/ to help out? I'm not autistic enough to get actively involved in wikipedia edit wars myself.
>>
>>39634980
The Admin Locked It, Nothing We Can Do Anymore.
>>
The only uncomfortable interaction I've ever had was courtesy of a liberal woman who I suspected of being a dyke. The bitch interrupted me to play 21 questions about who I am, how long I've lived in this town, etc. I almost thought I looked like a creeper.
>>
>>39635016
Whats the story?
>>
>>39635029
Never saw her in the gym again, just around town. She might have been hitting on me but she's probably such a liberal/feminist that she can't talk without sounding accusatory.
>>
File: a47.jpg (70KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
a47.jpg
70KB, 600x889px
>>39634103
>>
>>39635003
At first I was offended that they'd taken over an article about gyms to the point where 50% of it was worthless sociology trash, but now I'm just angry at how fucking poorly it's written. It's actually laughable how bad it is. The fucking supplement section is ridiculous
>The number of gyms in the U.S. has more than doubled since the late 1980s.[14] Corporations stand to benefit from identifying the imperfections of the human body and offering a correction. The advertisement plays on peoples insecurities and offers them a solution through dietary supplements and exercise to repair these imperfections for profit.
What were they thinking?
>>
>>39635129
>Corporations stand to benefit from identifying the imperfections of the human body and offering a correction. The advertisement plays on peoples insecurities and offers them a solution through dietary supplements and exercise to repair these imperfections for profit.

lmao, if only they could be atleast a little subtle. Who doesn't instantly realize that that whole paragraph is biased as fuck? Weak ass propaganda, senpai.
>>
File: Your post.png (2KB, 184x38px) Image search: [Google]
Your post.png
2KB, 184x38px
>>39633894
>>
>>39635129
That mad me laugh, sad!
>>
>>39635189
Biased against who?
It's true.
I mean...who benefits from this?
>>
>>39634980
There's a thread on /pol/ right now

>>>/pol/102070727
>>
Wikipedia is always like this. Most political issues have an edit war until the sjw side wins and a mod locks it. Unfortunately it looks like it's happening for non political arguments too. Also the writer can't into commas.
>>
>>39635235
Anti-capitalists, and to a lesser degree, pro-HAES groups.
>>
>>39631691
>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope
Supplements don't help people fake their appearance though. That would be gear.
>>
>>39635235
Biased against gym culture as a whole
It's basically the accepted feminist narrative, and worst of all its unsourced bullshit, but they keep it because reasons
>>
>>39635275
Cool thread, they actually think there are no SJWs in gyms, fags
>>
You all realize that the edit got deleted, right?
>>
>>39635328
I've been lifting for a long time and I've never encountered the shit they think goes on in gyms. Then again everything is feelings for women, so it's hard to tell with them.
>>
>>39635290

>until the sjw side wins

actually, to wikipedia's credit, the side with the best sources/studies/statistics wins.

then again, facts and people who think there is a "side" don't tend to line up very well.
>>
>>39635412
Half the shit in that article is unsourced bullshit, and the stuff that's sourced is just books and articles written by feminists.
>>
>>39635433
Well feminism passes the left's mustard test for reliability.
>>
File: download.png (8KB, 238x211px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 238x211px
>>39634210
> porky liberals
> marxist
>>
>>39634255
Link it to KotakuInAction on plebbit and to /pol/ if you want something done.
>>
>>39634184
>Race and crime
read that page and it's also written with terrible sense of puntuation. why do sociology students can't into commas
>>
>>39635476
Just what we need, people spamming KEK KEK SJW SHILL DAY OF THE ROPE on an article that needs to be fixed.
Also,
>reddit
Kill yru'are self
>>
>>39635481
>why do sociology students can't into commas
Because sociology writing is stream of conscious rage
>>
>>39635412
Maybe for scientific things. But political issues definitely have sides, and can't be solved by peer-reviewed studies. Check out the gamergate article.
>>
>>39631719
This is how women think
>>
>>39634164
Some retard with no life is changing it back. Then someone else made it semi-protected
>>
>>39636683
It's actually 2 retards and a mega retard admin
>>
>>39634210
engineering isn't ruined yet, at least not at the school I go to

still encourages drinking, most of the people I know love shit like Cards Against Humanity (including and especially girls), and pranks are commonplace here

they can indoctrinate social studies with the SJW Koolaid but they'll never take my engineering
>>
>>39635235
It's clearly anti capitalist and anti gym culture, you dummy. More typical Marxist drivel.
>>
>>39636946
Where do you go bro?

I'm in a Canadian university, and it's slowly seeping in here.
On most of the hard science courses you don't see any of that, but we have some courses which have more to do with the profession of engineering (IE proper design, ethics, etc), and maybe it's just my teacher, but it has all the symptoms of a marxist infestation.

First day of class, we had a discussion about what we knew about the profession of engineering, misconceptions, and etc, and some girl said something about 'the people who are expected to go into the profession and how it makes it difficult for others', and the teacher simply wrote down 'white male' on the board.That is In spite of the fact that last time I checked we had about 3 engineering female exclusive grants, not even for low income females, and the only one which a white male could apply for was a general scholarship for poor people.

Also last month I seen a shitload of posters around campus, including engineering building, about '67% of the faculty are white' or something.

It's gonna come sooner or later, truly and awful time for the west.
>>
>>39631691
>Not posting this hidden gem on the bottom of the page

>On the opposite side of the spectrum, some gym goers’ entire purpose for entering a gym setting is to focus on physiological improvement. These kinds of patrons allow themselves to become absorbed by the activity. They can often be distinguished from others by certain characteristics, such as, grunting, intense looks in the mirror, perfuse sweating, etc. All these actions are to reinforce the message that “I am working out”. They also tend to isolate themselves which makes them more distinguishable. They do this by looking around but not focusing on anything, making blank or threating facial expressions, and or avoiding direct eye contact with any passersby.[13]
>>
>>39637126
>perfuse sweating
These dumb faggots can't even spell right, holy shit.
>>
File: 1252327-ramona_brain_damage.jpg (88KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
1252327-ramona_brain_damage.jpg
88KB, 953x960px
>>39637126
This is so retarded I have difficulty grasping it.
At least now I will never think about donating money to wikipedia.
>>
>>39631691
>>Body management is gendered. Women arguably have the most pressure to maintain a "desirable" appearance.

That must be why most gyms are dominated by women....
>>
>>39631691
>>Gym staff are trained not only in fitness but in social interaction. Its nearly impossible to ignore the social culture created in these gyms and it causes deviation from exercise

A lie. Hardy anyone in my gym talks to anyone else, other than a nod to other regulars. Although this might be because we're English.
>>
File: dj.jpg (72KB, 1024x597px) Image search: [Google]
dj.jpg
72KB, 1024x597px
join the fight brothers
>>
>>39631691
>Women are also more likely to face “harassment” from the opposite sex. This is usually limited to unpleasant looks or unwanted conversation.

This must be why they wear skintight clothing showing as much flesh as possible.
>>
>>39634980
Implying /Fit/ and /Pol/ aren't populated by the same userbase.
>>
>>39637295
>That must be why most gyms are dominated by women....
Not the free weight are BOIIIII
>>
>>39637302
Can confirm in US. And I've been in gyms all over the country
>>
File: oh nein you didn't.gif (250KB, 213x200px) Image search: [Google]
oh nein you didn't.gif
250KB, 213x200px
>>39631691

Some feminist group is going out and vandalizing Wikipedia again?

Another group of 'em did this shit a few years ago.

Time to rev up the autist machine and go fix it.
>>
>>39631718
What am i if i think people should have social freedoms like LGBT marriage and don't think climate change is a Chinese conspiracy, but also think that these people are retarded.
>>
>>39637385
Still left, just not a tumblr liberal.

Most people would agree that there's a standard of beauty that everyone holds themselves and others to, even if it's subconscious.

The shit in OP's picture? Nah. You can't just make a fucking claim like that and not back it up. They're fucking retarded.
>>
>>39631818
>Dominiquejrivera

Her English is terrible
>>
>>39637346
>capitalising the first letter of each board
At least lurk a few months before you try to shill newfriend
>>
>>39637407

Browse /pol/ nobody hates "classic" liberals, everyone hates the new left, and neoliberalism (which is an economic policy not a social one).
>>
>>39637346
Lol what the fuck are you talking about?

Last I checked, nobody from /fit/ or misc shot up a fucking pizza joint because they read some Alex Jones level conspiracy blog posts.
>>
>genderless language

Is this where I don't refer to my dog as her or she?
>>
>>39637450

Meant to reply to >>39637385
not >>39637407
>>
>>39637446
Classic liberals only call themselves that because they realize how repugnant liberals are in their current state. Whitney, bossy, spoiled, selfish and willfully undereducated by attending the most useless college courses. The left is also shit for allowing themselves to be associated with these marx loving fsggots. The problem with the left is absolutely cultural as well as economic. now.
>>
>>39637378
This isn't an isolated instance. A fucking psychology course I took made us do this shit. As well as that stupid ass privilege game, I'd expect that in sociology but psychologists are adopting the shit now.
>>
>>39637519

I had to do it in a political science course. We expanded a stub article about a minor Texas river authority. Real edge of your seat stuff.
>>
>>39637473
are you sure you meant to reply to
>>39637385
because i have no idea what you mean
>>
>>39637519
I love talking to people who are fucking crazy left.

I'm a pretty fucking far left person. Don't get me wrong, but I fucking hate those fucking assholes. They use privilege a red herring to fucking silence the voices of people who have meaningful input. Its disgusting.

What the term privilege started out as was just a way to remind people that other people go through shit. It was never meant to be a fucking negative thing.

Have I ever worried about being raped in the middle of the night walking home from a bar? No. I have the privilege if saying that I haven't. That's the end of it. It doesn't mean I don't fucking get to say anything regarding sexual assault because you disagree with me.

Fuck those fucking fucks.
>>
>>39637385
A faggot
>>
>>39635481
Even funnier, the student who those the Gender and Supplements sections is at PRINCETON UNIVERSITY.
What the flying fuck is wrong with universities.
>>
>>39637126
Jesus christ wikipedia
>>
>>39637912
No, I'm pretty sure she's at University of Florida
>>
>>39638021

FIU, actually.

Third rate school in Miami that is literally nothing but Cuban ex-pats.
>>
>>39637563

Not to mention it's regularly used to undermine both the successes or struggles people may face.

White guy: I'm homeless and I've been thinking about killing myself

Sjw: Whatever DUDE! Try being a transgender Latina and THEN we'll talk
>>
>>39637497
There are really 2 streams of "classical liberals."

There's people who go "what the fuck man back in the day liberals just wanted to smoke weed and fuck up the man what happened brehs."

And there's the political nerds who try to justify why they use a phrase that hasn't meant what they want it it to mean since the late 1800s.

The former is just SJWism lite. The latter is fundamentally different and basically just what we call "libertarianism" today. That's important because people who claim the former is totally different and actually just fine don't understand that what we have today is just a more aggressive version of what liberals from the 20th century onward have always been fighting for.

t. not either
>>
>>39634980
an autist by the name of jobrot has been kicking the fucking shit out of /pol/ in cultural marxism edit wars for years.
>>
>>39634156

They are the first bastion of liberal propaganda.

Trash site begs for donations when half the articles are just literal copy and paste plagiarism and the other half are politically correct edit wars with biased citations and the owner has a lambo collection
>>
>>39635196
>he's never been mired on at the gym
women have no idea how to be subtle, it's ridiculous
>>
>>39634255
What is this?
I don't see anything in the page you linked.
>>
>>39636946
>Cards Against Humanity

https://cardsagainsthumanity.com/trump/
https://humanityhatestrump.com/
http://www.dailydot.com/layer8/arabic-billboard-donald-trump-trolling/
>>
Political correctness is a tool used by the bourgeoisie to distract the population from furthering their class consciousness
>>
>>39633693
>nigga never seen a high test thread

plz leave and stay leave
>>
>>39633527
I instantly looked for this on wikipedia after reading the OP, good job anon
>>
>>39634103
He says whilst spending hours arguing on an imageboard
>>
>>39640734
Arguing on an image board is fun at least.
Doing that shit must feel like work, which they do because they believe it's for a good cause.
>>
>>39640815
Yeah fair enough you just blew me out with that point. Makes me want to wank how much you just one uppd me.
>>
>>39641120
Wut?
>>
desu while the article is retarded I think that in some ways going to the gym is the male equivalent of make up. Lots of women wear make up just to feel good about themselves or to impress other women, not to impress men, who usually can't tell the difference between two shades of lipstick or any subtle shit like that. Lifting is similar but inverted. men do it to feel good about themselves or to impress other guys, and while women might like a guy who lifts more than a guy who doesn't, they don't understand the subtleties.
>>
>>39641142
The article said supplements is male equivalent of makeup
Which is retarded because supplements don't do shit. The article was written by a person with glancing knowledge of what a gym was and a huge bias for leftism sjw bullshit, comically so
>>
>>39634526
and star wars
>>
I like how they got the wrong article.
They should have gone on the health club page
>>
how did all of this SJW nonsense gain such a foothold all of a sudden
one minute it was a joke about tumblr the next it was everywhere in positions of authority
>>
>>39637385

possibly a libertarian, depending n your economics
>>
>>39641783
Hubris of the left and the rise of centre politics has meant nobody really has a real ideology anymore. They just theorise about what might win votes and it turns out that's reacting to outrage whenever someone gets told a negative outcome for something they did is their own responsibility.

Neoliberalism caused everyone who was mildly left wing and not poor to think everything was absolutely fine and the real problems in society have disappeared and all that's left to do is make fat people feel good about themselves.

Then what happens is suddenly cheap credit allows every idiot to get a college education and these morons swarm all over campuses and everybody thinks they'll shut up if they ignore them. Then SJW's they start no-platforming anyone who disagrees and the whole movement gains momentum.

People who are actually poor/struggling with life/under'privileged' (in the true sense of the word) are just as badly off as they've always been. They've now got sick of being told they're fine because they aren't a latino homosexual genderfluid Muslim so they abandoned the left.

The media make it worse by cherrypicking their reporting and giving too much coverage to outrage stories with lots of emotion but very little substance.
>>
>>39635386
Unwanted conversation. As in "are you using it?" and "how many sets?".
>>
>>39637126
Nothing about leaving humanity behind.

Shit article, sempai.
>>
File: 1455088782992.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1455088782992.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
>"Original Research" is forbidden
>Writing a shitty article in a """"scientific"""" journal and quoting yourself on the wiki page is acceptable
>>
>>39637385
A sensible, reasonable person.
>>
jesus christ how do you stop this.
>>
>>39642000

With helicopters, anon.
>>
>>39634827
O I Am Laffin
>>
>>39635481
From the article
>The crime among African Americans deal with oppression from White Americans since slavery days. White America does not realize the problem blacks face in America, because they are not seen as an equal human being. The act of crime is associated with evil and blacks are believed to commit crime the most because of their skin color.

I mean it's true that blacks face more discrimination.

But the article is so damn biased:
>It's only important what happens in the USA
>white are a monolithic block that don't see blacks as human beans
>no mentioning that blacks commit certain crimes overproportionally in relation to other races

I mean it's a potentionally very interesting topic with lots of viewpoints that could be showed. Economical and social factors could be showed and discussed from certain viewpoints so that the reader could form an own opinion. There's probably also a ton of research that you could use to write such an article. But some motherfucker writes down his opinion instead and then calls himself educated
>>
File: Screenshot_20161209-150856.png (606KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161209-150856.png
606KB, 1440x2560px
>supplements
>The number of gyms in the U.S. has more than doubled since the late 1980s
o..ok
>>
File: IMG-20161208-WA0087.jpg (67KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161208-WA0087.jpg
67KB, 313x254px
Thought fit was trolling but it's actually there. I'm going to assume since faggot edited it because it reads like a very very informal article and hopefully will be reverted back when the wiki bot does its rounds.
>>
>>39642038
What's funny is that blacks don't live exclusively in the US, and it's very easy to see that they behave everywhere like they do in America, even if they had nothing to do with those who descend from American slaves.
>>
Reminder that if you vote left you are literally enabling this.
>>
>>39642072
We didn't edit it. We're genuinely trying to fix it, or we were. Some Gender Studies retard who quotes themself as a source wrote all of it.

After people argued about how all of it was biased and not well sourced in any way, trying to edit the nonsense our, the moderators of Wiki locked it, leaving this version.
>>
File: 1479646273535.jpg (68KB, 620x292px) Image search: [Google]
1479646273535.jpg
68KB, 620x292px
>>39637126
It me
>>
>>39637385
human
>>
>>39641142
Exercise takes at least a year to get to a reasonable normie goal body. Make up takes less than 5 minutes to apply.

A pump is the gym bro's equivalent of make up, though. There's no make up equivalent for men
>>
>>39642643
No equivalent to normie men who don't work out*

Didn't mean to imply gym bros aren't men
>>
>>39637385
Liberal
>>
File: 1481148028091.jpg (87KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1481148028091.jpg
87KB, 600x456px
>>39633693
>>
>>39635196
>he doesn't get mired on the daily

Fatass detected.
>>
>>39631691
>go on wikipedia.
>type in misogyny
>"guize this is totz the worst problem to ever befall womynkind and it's all the fault of men."
>type in misandry
>"this doesn't exist, you fucking pig, and if it were to it's all mens fault. now let me tell you about misogyny..."
nice.
>>
>All those jobless womens studies majors trying to justyfy their existence by adding "gender issues" or some other sjw shit on every wiki article.
Soon the article on spoons will have a 10.000 word expose on their debasing, woman-hating nature.
>>
File: 1480242933951.jpg (207KB, 750x1124px) Image search: [Google]
1480242933951.jpg
207KB, 750x1124px
>>39634238
> relys on people doing work for free
> no one really gets credit for editing/ writing these articles
> women only do things for their own sake/ are egoistic, so why would they ever do something from what others profit
> complain about mostly men writing stuff there
> still don't do it themselves, just complain
> expect men to make a change

are women a meme?
>>
>>39643642
>are women a meme?
not even a particularly good one

>women can change the world.
>by nagging men into doing it.
>and by change we mean turn it into a safe-space kindergarten for us.
>>
>>39631691
>>39631698
>>39631700
>>39631709
Look up "storming wikipedia"
For several years there has been an organized effort by feminists to take over wikipedia and inject feminist bias into shit like this. There are even colleges that will give you college credit for making wikipedia pro-feminist. It's gotten to be a pretty serious problem actually.
Feminism is a garbage movement, they know they're full of shit, so they just try to control the flow of information as much as possible to keep people in the dark. Taking over places like wikipedia and pushing for more censorship is the only way people don't realize how full of shit feminists are

>>39637385
You're a liberal. I'm a liberal because I support LGBT rights, want to fight climate change, support healthcare, etc.
Not all liberals are feminists, just like not all conservatives are neo-Nazi /pol/tards

mostly though I think we need to start getting away from the whole "liberal vs conservative" thing. Most people are a mix of views, and some views don't fit either side
>>
File: 1479401046134.jpg (78KB, 575x324px) Image search: [Google]
1479401046134.jpg
78KB, 575x324px
>>39643668

feminism is just a huge joke by wich women seek attention. They can't be trusted with serious tasks
>>
>>39643671
>Not all liberals are feminists
Nope, fuck off. I don't mind gays in any way, am for stem cell research and fighting climate change, think that nations are a stupid idea, think that the middle class is worth preserving, admire my great-grandpa struggle against the nazis by leading a guerilla cell against them, I have been voting social-democrat all my life etc. But my cousin called me a fucking fascist for interrupting a 15minute rant on all men are scum. She is now going around talking about how I'm a frustrated woman hating neck-beard to other cringing family members. The only way to make feminists happy as a man is to kill yourself.
>>
>>39643731
>that makes sense.
topkek, this probably implied to be the "right" attitude.

>some helicopters have rotors, others do not.
>that makes sense.
>>
File: 1473005954847.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1473005954847.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>39643788
> some boys habe rotors
> some attack helicopters have penises

> I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>>39643770
>think nations are fucking retarded
Haha yeah 'mon. One people, one love. Smoke da 'erb.
>>
>>39641783
This actually goes back a while
In the 60s there was a mix of good and bad feminists. The good feminists recognized that men also had issues and sought to address those problems. Those feminists were kicked out of the movement and became MRAs. By the 80s most of the rational, decent feminists had left the movement. So you now had a movement lead almost entirely by irrational man-haters. Then it just got worse and worse; The worse it got, the more reasonable feminists left. And the more reasonable feminists left, the worse it got.
Meanwhile, feminists had successfully shut down opposition. Information about the wage gap, DV statistics, etc weren't widely known so the general public just believed the feminist myths

Then finally the internet came about and feminists lost their control over information. We found out they lied about the wage gap, they lied about DV, rape, etc and also learned men have a lot more issues than feminists ever wanted us to know about. So we saw the growth of the men's rights movement, egalitarianism, #WomenAgainstFeminism, etc. as it became easier for people to see how shitty feminism is
What was left of the feminist movement was a bunch of crazies desperately trying to combat the growing opposition and regain their control. Which leads to things like rampant censorship and hi-jacking wikipedia and other places. It also lead to them coming up with things like mansplaining and fat acceptance because they need to stay relevant and invent some way to counter the growing awareness of men's issues like suicide, discrimination in the justice system, education, etc

modern feminism isn't any different from before, the only difference is thanks to the internet it's easier to talk about it and find out things like the OP. Before wikipedia, feminists were doing this same thing to universities but it was harder to find out because there was no 4chan to talk about it and you couldn't just visit wikipedia to see what feminism was pushing
>>
>>39643958
Just because you have to play the game doesn't mean you gotta like it.

Having seen it first-hand for three years: war is one giant scam that weeds out the decent folks who fall for the patriotism meme to make way for the opportunistic cunts. Nationalism is a marketing campaign, that's it.
>>
>>39634238
I guess it happened what my high-school teacher always said;
Wikipedia becoming an invalid source
>>
>>39631691
Time for a /fit re-write. Redpill that shit.
>>
>>39645388
We should probably talk with an Admin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_administrators/Active) about it..The chance of anyone seeing the talk page is very slim.
>>
>>39631691
I just checked myself because I thought it couldn't be real, Christ.
Regardless of being right or wrong, this shit doesn't belong in the article.
>>
>>39637385
pre-obama liberal
>>
File: 1480978582911.jpg (45KB, 480x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480978582911.jpg
45KB, 480x960px
C'mon guys, i like to see you working together for a free, evidence based knowledge. I know we like to lift and shit but this shit right here its wat made us humans. The ability to observe and learn at our pace its a fucking darwinian gift, and the alteration of this process (lying or making false asumptions) hits me in the balls hard.

Change this shit guys, I know the "wikipedia its shit dood" but I dont fucking care, I dont want to english wikipedia to go trough the same shit that the spanish one goes (yes apparently its different, and believe me, it is). THAT its a shitty wiki.

Also source your shits brahs or this isnt going to change.
>>
Wtf, this shit makes me legit angry
>>
>>39646178
>Change this shit
I agree, we need everybody on /fit/ to start getting involved on Wikipedia. The reason feminists were able to take control of the site is because there were a lot of them. If some fitizens can get there we can start to counter this shit
>>
>>39631691
>implying metrosexual is a thing beyond 2008

>implying talking to a woman makes you a "predator out for a 'target'"
>>
>>39631691
>"women have the most pressure"
>even fat girls can get an average guy
>wheras men have to be in the top 20% of looks to even get a girl due to hypergamy

can we make feminism illegal yet?
>>
>>39643671
It's moreover Third-wave feminism that's a bunch of stupid bullshit. The first two waves were fine, the third-wave shit is the one where they started blaming everyone for their problems.
>>
>>39637126
>They also tend to isolate themselves which makes them more distinguishable. They do this by looking around but not focusing on anything, making blank or threating facial expressions, and or avoiding direct eye contact with any passersby.

But this is how I try to AVOID people. Seems like you can't win.
>>
>>39647637
Only early second wave was good. It started turning into manhaters in the 70s though
>>
I've visited FIU campus before my acceptance to UF was confirmed. I promise you it is easily the worst university in all of Florida, and nobody from the big 3 of UF FSU and UCF even consider it a real college.
>>
File: 1278106565585.jpg (54KB, 437x421px) Image search: [Google]
1278106565585.jpg
54KB, 437x421px
>>39634585
>And I just donated to them..
lmfao everyone laugh at this cuck who donates to wikipedia
>>
>>39631691
When did Wikipedia beacome national geographic
>>
>>39648900
>UCF
>big three
>Not Miami
>>
>>39640021
>>39643507
Its the weirdest fucking thing when girls have crushes or shit because they go hard. They don't have cute little crushes, nah theyll try and get you to dump your gf for them the night you meet them
>>
>>39637563
Privilege is just the current implementation of class guilt dummy
>>
>>39642643
>Make up takes less than 5 minutes to apply.
I fucking double dog dare you to lay a decent make up in 5 minutes you cunt.

The make up is the pump. The years of practice and shopping exact products is the actual gym effort equivalent.

Don't pretend to know how easy or hard make up is. Because we all know you have no idea.
>>
>>39645272
I grew up with "Wikipedia is invalid", and got to experience the change into a reasonable source as I attended schools.

Now we're going full circle back to invalid.

It makes me sad, because I can see the great thing Wikipedia could have been.

The dream still fresh in mind.
>>
>>39644312
Maybe it is now in the USA (I assume that's where you're from), because it has been exploited for wars and what not.
But you're ignoring that nationalism and patriotism is a worldwide phenomenon that goes back millennia.
It's only in the modern west (and other relatively rare exceptions) that people put the world ahead of their own country, because of the shift in culture.
Normally, people like to protect their peoples, their cultures, and their way of life, and are usually proud of it.
Nations are just the way these things are divided between the different peoples (with their different cultures, etc.) and without them nobody would have "their own" culture, but everyone would have the same single global culture and way of life (not to talk about the homogenization of the ethnicities, but that's another issue altogether).

You just fell for the anti-patriotism meme (which makes sense in the context of the US, because of how it's been used, but as a concept in general, is completely different), and fail to see the other side of the coin, which is that nations are just part of human life, since it's literally in human nature to want to stay with your similars, and be separated (but not necessarily in war with) from those who are different.

You can't live in a world with open borders because it would be a situation that has very few benefits, and so many disastrous downsides, that it would only be a positive thing for a few people, while literally destroying society for everyone else.
>>
>>39649467
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>39649970
Not from the US, the Balkans. Grew up in a country that was relatively well off and had a reputation in the world - now it's six irrelevant shitholes run by idiots and mobsters and one semi-decent country.

I'm not against tradition and larger scale communities, but modern nationalism is pretty much the worst way to have it. I'm quite proud of my heritage, but it doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else. The only reason you realistically need nationalism is to protect yourself from other nationalisms, it's a vicious circle that only benefits idiots who can't find anything else to be proud of. That kind of group think just allows idiots to screw up the hard-work of better men, it's the same for BLM, nationalism, religious nuts, feminists and any number of cunts - safety in numbers. And lets not conflate it with immigration and other shit, making sensible demographic and economic choices can be done without 'hur-dur-muh-inborn-superiority.'

During the war those cunts that were screaming and cursing at each other the most would sit down regularly to have a drink a divide up the black market money, it's the same to this day: make up some religious tension while passing a law in parliament that sells of half your countries industry to some shady shell-companies for peanuts. Our commander was selling supplies that we dearly needed to civilians at 100X the normal price and the enemy would literally sell out entire platoons of their own men to get butchered if they were not willing to look the other way. Unless you're completely fucked in the head then seeing a playground full of children turned into mincemeat is going to knock all that /pol/shit right out of you. Or maybe I'm just a pussy and not edgy enough to understand the world as well as some frustrated kid with too much time on his hands.
>>
>>39650186
Maybe we have a different idea of what nationalism/patriotism means, because I agree on the "hur-dur-muh-inborn-superiority" being bullshit.

I'm just saying, keep the superiority thing separated from the idea of wanting to protect our own country and keep it separated from the others.
The first is just an exageration (often fueled by leaders who want war and other such reasons) of the first.

I think you shoudn't dismiss the concept of nations as a whole (I'm referring to this >>39643770, which I assume you wrote) just because some people take it to the extreme.

Without the leaders exploiting the nationalism of their peoples, there wouldn't be any issue with loving and protecting our country and way of life (from, say, an invader).
>>
>>39650218
As I said, nationalism is the name of the game and perhaps an inescapable part of human nature (at least in an post-feudal society) but that doesn't mean that it isn't doing more harm than good and based on shit like displaced frustration, short-sightedness, idiocy and greed.

What you realize is that usually the quiet family men and "intellectual-faggots" were the biggest patriots. They fought like lions while the "hard-guys" and "proud warriors for the cause" were busy being a burden and danger to their own side, they were usually only "hard" when faced with defenseless civilians. Nationalism is based on the collective sentiment of the latter - but always, when shit gets too hot, it's the former that end up putting the blaze out. Nationalists to patriots are like your mate that always talks shit but evaporates once shit gets serious with you left holding the short end of the stick. There is very little overlap.

Wanna be a patriot and help your people? Reinterpret your traditional music for a modern audience, write a book that will immortalize your peoples history and mentality, do a good job whether you're the president or a baker, show some civic responsibility, raise your kids right, go to war when attacked - sure, be kind.

But I'm ranting, we probably aren't going to agree - to each his own I guess.
>>
>>39650421
I don't think you're understanding that we're actually agreeing.
We're just talking about two different things that we call the same way.
>>
>Supplements are the male equivalent of make-up, it provides hope

Nah, makeup has immediate results, whey won't make your abs pop out and square off your chest the moment you use it.
>>
>>39650443
>whey won't make your abs pop out and square off your chest the moment you use it.

>he doesn't use casein.
Thread posts: 212
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.