[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with cravings for junk food

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: snickers1.jpg (26KB, 400x344px) Image search: [Google]
snickers1.jpg
26KB, 400x344px
How do you deal with junk food cravings?

How long does it take for the cravings to go away?

If I still eat the junk food will the craving go away?
>>
>>39631144

I find they reduce dramatically after just a few days without any junk food.
>>
Bump. Plz halp.
>>
>>39631144
Took months for me to stop craving sugar, then after you eat it once they come back.
>>
Imho the cravings are psychological in nature.

You're not gonna get rid off then by simply going without them for whatever periid of time.
You have to change your relationship to food.

Coming from someone who constantly fails his diet goals because I'm a weakminded fool who gives into alcohol cravings, which in turn brakes the willpower to resist shit food.
>>
>>39631144
I just started doing intermittent fasting and it all became really easy
>>
>>39631144
They never go away for the rest of your life.
You will have to get used to have a shitty life because of couple mistakes.
>>
>>39631144
Force yourself not to eat added sugar for 1 or 2 weeks, it will make the craving for added sugar go or mostly go. Fast for accelerated result.
>>
>>39631144
What "junk food", exactly?

Could be you just have a nutritional deficiency that was being addressed by chocolate or some shit.
>>
"Cravings" don't exist. "Cravings" are a mythology that Americans have constructed for themselves as a way to distance themselves from their own habits and behaviors, and really to justify continuing their bad habits (the keto diet exists for this same reason).

Everybody is habituated to certain eating behaviors and certain foods. That's not an addiction or an eating disorder, nor is it craving, it's just a habit. When you want to eat food, you are actually just hungry. You are not special or different and you don't have cravings. You don't get bonus points for claiming to have "cravings" when you are hungry. Eat proper food when you are hungry and stop using mythological language like "cravings" and "addiction" for universal and common everyday phenomena that have been with humanity since the dawn of time, like being fucking hungry. Laughable placebo bullshit for special snowflakes.
>>
>>39631144
i punch myself in the nuts until the craving goes away
>>
>>39631144
Find a hobby that will distance yourself from food. Keep your mind occupied with a task and food will be off your mind.
>>
I just have a bowl of Special K or some fruit and that usually takes care of it. Apparently that's unusual and I'm lucky
>>
>>39631305

sweet autistic rant.
>>
>>39631305
Don't cravings kind of exist on a simpler level? For example if you are craving a Mars bar, surely what you really crave (and possibly even need) is sugar... which you can get from fruit of course.

I don't eat any junk food or snacks/soft drinks but sometimes I'll wake up and will 'crave' (for lack of better word) something sweet, which I'll satisfy with an apple, glass of milk, etc.

Isn't it just your body's way of saying you're low on salt, sugar, etc?

But many people just associate it with craving chocolate or coke or w/e.
>>
Just keep telling yourself theyre the reason you were/are/will be fat. If you do cheat look yourself in the mirror and ask "was it worth it?", if you have any chance of making it the answer will be no. Shit works, man. When I started eating healthy I would literally have nightmares about eating junk food and shit. Sounds weird but when you wake up terrified you ate a dream baconator, you'll stay away from that shit.
>>
I just do EC stack to lose weight. Works like a charm and completely supresses my appetite. Then I eat normal when I'm off it. Idk why /fit/ doesn't recommend it more often. Dumb cunts.
>>
File: 02_mars_golden_bar_trophy.jpg (453KB, 1494x1000px) Image search: [Google]
02_mars_golden_bar_trophy.jpg
453KB, 1494x1000px
>>39631463
No. I literally get cravings to eat at certain fast food joints. It's like an impulse that takes effort to prevent.

How long after fighting your cravings do they go away?
What methods do you use to stop the cravings?
>>
>>39631144

Eating junk food makes you want more of it. For years I barely ate any sugar, never crossed my mind to buy a chocolate bar or get soft drink, but for some reason being in an office job had made me slip off. Still go through phases where I eat sugar and then wean off it and stop thinking about it. If you cut it out of your diet completely for a few weeks it'll be way easier to deal with any cravings (if you even have any) having an occasional chocolate bar every week will make it more difficult.

Just what I've found though, I much prefer salty and oily food so if I eat unhealthily I usually go for that.
>>
>>39631516
>EC stack
what is this?
>>
>>39631539

Ephedrine and caffeine, taken as a supplement to suppress hunger and improve concentration. It is very effective because ephedrine is an amphetamine, a property that had made it banned in the United States. It is dangerous and easy to get addicted, and can worsen emotional or mental disorders due to its effects on the adrenal glands. If it is taken, it is wise to cycle it, like one would do a pre-workout.
>>
>>39631561
Dude just take adderall.
>>
>>39631144
I eat said junk food in proportions that are negatible by the vast majority of the rest of my life that is healthy. If you can't eat a single candy bars without losing 3 years of gains and relapsing then you need some better genetics. Body wants what it wants
>>
>>39631635
Yeah a candy bar here and there isn't gonna ruin anyone. The problem is that even a small amount of crap food will kickstart your cravings and make you miserable in the long run
>>
>>39631561
>>39631577

Where do i get either of these in the UK?
>>
>>39631648

Please stop before you hurt yourself.
>>
>>39631666
With Adderall? I mean maybe if you have major junkie tendencies but most people take it for ~1 year and get bored with it
>>
>>39631642
It's your bodies cravings though. When the body gets what it wants, it releases endorphins to reward you
>>
>>39631528
Hey me too.
I went from 310 to 200 lbs and im the same way.
Mostly i had the cheat day on saturday and ate whatever i wanted that day. Im sure id rack up 5k calories but id just keeping working out.
So in a strange way it was motivation to me.
Like working had and dreaming about saturday.
Then it got to the point where i wasnt going stupid binge eating on saturdays. Like i didnt need as much anymore and alot of the craving thoughts disappeared.

But it is sheer willpower. Also having enough willpower to stop eating like that the next day.

But i know cheat days arent for everyone.
>>
>>39631701
I'm not sure what your point is
>>
I've been trying to lose weight. Two weeks into my diet getting massive cravings for snickers, brownies, etc.

Chocolate will be the death of me. Fruits don't really satisfy it the same way desu.
>>
>>39631144
>How do you deal with junk food cravings?
Oats until I'm too full to crave anything
>>
How can you find time to crave chocolate when you're smashing back 2 chicken breasts and half a kg of frozen vegetables with a cup of rice two times a day?
>>
File: scooter.jpg (215KB, 674x506px) Image search: [Google]
scooter.jpg
215KB, 674x506px
>>39631144
Honestly OP, that picture looks disgusting to me now. Just brainwash yourself to associate those foods with the actual results. Would you eat a literal pile of shit if it tasted good?
>>
you have only one life, why would you want to spend it on avoiding kinds of food you find tasty? just keep things in moderation. binge eating on sugary/fast-food things once a week won't kill you, a snack from time to time isn't going to steal your gains.
>>
>>39632992

People eat literal rotting dead animal corpses, so you can safely assume most people would eat literal piles of shit if it tasted good
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>How do you deal with junk food cravings?
I eat properly

>How long does it take for the cravings to go away?
2 weeks of a good diet = no more cravings

>If I still eat the junk food will the craving go away?
Obviously not, bait question
>>
I eat a lot of junkfood at times, and balance it with greens shakes and whey

I still count macros.

then it just gets annoying and I return to eating clean

if everyone was as hungry as you are after 3 weeks of hard cutting then everyone would perpetually get fatter . but junk food only tastes better for a while then stops tasting good.

I'd think putting in a moderate undieting week can help in the really long term
eat something that includes your favorite junk and balances it, then you get tired of it and the nostalgia dies off. obviously eat maintenance level calories while doing it.
>>
As a fembot on keto, I resorted to actually just having a buffer food once daily. Dark chocolate, or something small that is prepackaged in 100 cal packs or less in order to control for the portion size. I hate the Special K stuff so I don't do that. But frozen fruit packs, Greek froyo pops, and dark chocolate helps. If you buy in bulk to save money, you have to have the willpower to put a limit on the portion size and only have one serving. I usually weigh everything on a scale. :)

Btw, you realistically do not need more than .82 grams per lb of protein per day for optimum building of muscle. Bayesian Bodybuilding did an article on it, because that 1 g/lb myth ruins everyone's desire. I do .82 g/lb ideally, and try to do a 15-40-45 split for my macros (C-F-P) so that I feel full, and satisfied with my cut. I'm ballparking about 1300 cal from food, additional 100 or so from supps. I eat every 4 hours or so, small portions, and drink 1 L before and during small meals. Strength has gone to hell, but hey... girls have more Type I muscle fibers so I can hypertrophy with 30% 1RM and volume sets. :)
>>
>>39631144
I'm autistic however I am easily perturbed by the numerical value of my caloric intake.

Eating over 400 calories of sweets immediately disgusts me and results in me impulsively throwing all of it in the trash.

I threw away 2 pies last week. Threw away half a tin of cookies this week.

Best way is to realize that they will make you fugly and to eat half the serving size. Remind yourself that you can have some tomorrow and the next day the next day.
>>
>>39633161
Or just, you know, buy small packs so you don't tempt yourself.
>>
>>39631144
YOLO BITCH!
It's called flexible dieting.

YES junkfood is absolute shit and tastes like shit and makes you feel bad in the long run and outright ruins your health and shortcircuits your dieting and fitness efforts.

However a small taste here and there isn't too bad and is even psychologically healthy. Even helps you lose weight, because your body doesn't feel deprived.
And let's face fatshit, you are already creating an excuse for why you're going to gorge/binge and for why you failed your diet AGAIN.

Just eat that one tiny piece of guilty pleasure.
ONCE
A SMALL PIECE
And it has to fit your daily calorie allowance.

Don't just sit there and eat an entire bag of kitkats or a shove that footlong snickers bar down your throat.

Be sensible for fucks sake.
>>
>>39633230
That implies small snack packs are available for purchase at bakeries, in everything I eat and of the same quality.

There's a difference between stuffing your face with any sweet and having specific tastes.

I don't eat chocolate, peanut butter, white chocolate, custard, coconut desserts, tarts, flan, pudding, jello, blueberry/raspberry desserts, brownies, macaroons, milkshakes, oatmeal cookies, any chocolate bar, and strawberry flavors, pound cake, raisin muffins, cupcakes of any kind, and many other things. I do visit bakeries often (expensive af) or buy limited edition items or specific flavors. So buying small packages is not an option.
>>
>>39631442
Ur retarded. Special K's are sugary as fuck. Look at the ingredients, more specifically at the quantity of sugar for like 100 grams of cereal, because their stats always show the quantity of sugar for 30 grams which is nothing
>>
>>39633230
>hi can I have a small packages of your chocolate truffle mousse cake??
>>
>>39631144
>laughingsnickers.jpg
>>
>>39633376
To be honest, they can make more money from selling tiny packages as treats rather then massive quantities.

Selling the body conscious girls a decadant piece of chocolate baked good packaged in tiny cute package that says "only 75 calories!!" = payola.
>>
File: 1343254341104.jpg (249KB, 1266x750px) Image search: [Google]
1343254341104.jpg
249KB, 1266x750px
>>
File: 1480572022269.jpg (87KB, 720x723px) Image search: [Google]
1480572022269.jpg
87KB, 720x723px
>>39631144
>>
File: 1300039746002.jpg (50KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
1300039746002.jpg
50KB, 512x382px
I dont have the carving, breh.
>>
>>39631144
Ever tried just eating a builders bar or something instead of a candy bar or sweets? 270cal with good macros and filling as fuck. 22g of sugar tho if you care.
>>
>>39631190
That fucking dudes shocked and slightly excited face...holy Fuckin kek
>>
>>39631144
cheating a small bit is leading to big cheats

t, recovering skinnyfat
im not even looking that hard on calories and shit but i want to reduce my non clean calories to minimum

and fuck me sometimes its hard.

Get some really dark chcollate like 85% and eat small piece whenever you want some chocolate
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.