[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 36

File: power.png (109KB, 1347x545px) Image search: [Google]
power.png
109KB, 1347x545px
QTDDTOT : Questions That Dont Deserve Their Own Thread

I'm 20yo, 6'1 for 170 pounds and i calculated that i should eat around 3000kcal everyday to maintain weight. Is it too much ? Do you think i fucked up ?
>>
>>39630222
It's probably about right, granted that you were honest about your activity level when calculating
>>
>>39630222
Does anyone know how much protein is actually in beans? On the label it says about 6.8g of protein per 100g for black beans, but online i keep reading things like 20g. Even google says 20g
>>
>>39630593
Well i work in a pretty big post-office where i have to move a lot of heavy boxes and such, so might be it ?
Thank you kind guy

>>39630598
I'd be tempted to say to trust the label
>>
>>39630222
my scalp gets really itchy when i'm lifting/walking for a while and it gets really bad when doing yard work. it's also flaky as fuck. should i just go see a doctor or dermatologist or something?
>>
>>39630700
Might be the sweat that make you do that
How often do you wash your hairs? Do you tend to put a lot of product on it ?
>>
>>39630718
once every 2 days. my hair is also quite short at the moment. sweat might be right, but i still have really bad dandruff.
>>
>>39630730
For the dandruff itself, seek a doctor (if afordable enough in your country), or wait if someone who know more than me to help you
Also since your hair in short, do you put gel/wax in it ? Your scalp might not like that and react to it
>>
Every time I try to do Barbell Rows, even with light weight, I end up lightheaded at the end of the set. I try to breath properly, but I must still be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
>>
What do you think about doing 3 variations of planks (standard, side, one leg etc) after each workout? Would that develop abdominal muscles apart from strenghtening the core?
>>
>>39631042
By developing I mean gaining muscle mass and possibly visible abs (not accounting body fat)
>>
File: 504535846.jpg (97KB, 425x404px)
504535846.jpg
97KB, 425x404px
Dumbbells

Can I stick with them forever if my goal is to just look good? Gaining strength just being a bonus to my true goal of being aesthetic.

To clarify I'm talking about adjustable dumbbells (plus a bench etc) that can reach decently high weight. I just love working with dumbbells. Been working purely with them since the start. Is a barbell transition 100% necessary to achieve my goal?
>>
>>39631042
>Would that develop abdominal muscles apart from strenghtening the core
strenght = size
It'll help a lot to built a great physique
>>
Is there an actual heart rate range (50-75%) when exercising that's ideal for weight loss or is it just momscience?
>>
Any /fraud/ brothers here, I got some DNP questions before I weigh out whether or not I could even take it. So long story short:
>5'11, 120kg
>32%BF (So 39kg fat mass, 82kg LBM)
>18yo ;) Europoor peasant
>Been lifting for about a year and a half on the on and off (Powerlifting @ 1/2/3/4)

So my questions are:
>How long will it take me to drop down to around 12%BF (~25kg fat mass to lose. wew lads)?
>How much will this whole process cost me (Based in London, you should come here some time yknow :)?
>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?
>>
>>39631081
Those are gonna have to be some huge fucking dumbbels at some point lol.
Don't be afraid of the big bad barbell kid.
>>
Does cardio help with increasing the time you can hold your breath out of the water while still active (ie. not standing still)? Or is there some specific exercise for that?
>>
>>39631116
At your body weight I'd cut naturally first. You're going to rebound hard and your cut will be ineffectual if you can't figure out how to actually eat while on DNP (unless you're really blasting at which point it doesn't matter what you do, you'll lose a ton of weight and then gain it all back).

DNP is tough to get in the UK right now, in my opinion. Used to be cheap as fuck, though. It's muscle sparing so you likely won't lose a great deal of mass, but strength will go down the shitter while you're on.
>>
>>39631150
Appreciate your response man, I'm just looking into DNP as an option, do plan to cut naturally though. One question is, how am I supposed to eat whilst on DNP (Been eating 2,800kCal, 700kCal below maintenance, 220P/62F/341C)?

Also, I will regain the strength loss quite rapidly after getting off of it will I not?

Just to check though, how much would a cycle like that cost me in the UK (London) as opposed to the US (NYC, planning to move there in a year)?
>>
File: meatwad-1.gif.png (149KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
meatwad-1.gif.png
149KB, 600x480px
>10 months of consistent lifting now
>bulking since September
>am now 20% bf or more

I made great gains but I fucked up with nightly snacks and feel fat as fuck.

Should I cut for a month or strictly lean bulk? My original plan was bulk then cut during April and May.
>>
>>39631118
But it is possible right? If I go heavy enough and keep progressively overloading?
>>
>>39631239
But why though
>>
Is Clarence Kennedy natty?
>>
>>39631209

Daily reminder you will be 32% BF until you die, DNP, no DNP you fat fuck

Get out of MY general with your fat fuckery

kys
>>
File: crixus10.jpg (78KB, 640x500px)
crixus10.jpg
78KB, 640x500px
>>39631260
Nothing, just preference. But also curious how far one can reach with purely dumbbells. Is this achievable for instance? I'm not baiting . As you can see my goal isn't insanely ambitious. I just want a solid good looking body like pic related.
>>
>>39631342
Pic there is borderline roided, so yeah with T you probs can m8. Otherwise just pick up a barbell and learn to love it, no pro doesn't absolutely swear by the barbell
>>
>>39630598
Online it probably says that about normal black beans or dried ones while yours are in a can with salt water or some shit.
>>
>>39631112
if you're sweating and can't sing a song without huffing you're working hard enough
>>
>>39631332
you're probably a 12 year old dyel
this isn't /b/ so you go and fuck off
>>
>smoking
how long do the "short term" negative effects last after a cigarette? if i wanna smoke like 1-2 cigs a day, how long does it take till my muscles get enogh oxygen again?
>>
>>39631342
the problem with dumbbells is you're using all the little stabilizing muscles in your shoulders (for upper body lifts) so it will be harder to progress and also less safe

if you're not baiting, you'll probably never get to pic related, dumbbells or not

type scott herman in google and go to pics, that physique is the maximum natural potential for someone training for a long time, and being serious about it, level 'i breathe and live the gym and proper nutrition lifestyle' serious
>>
>>39631527
what a sweet anon :) thank you *gives peck on the cheek*... n-no homo
>>
>>39631126
probably. research vo2 max and go from there
>>
>>39631478
so what? brine doesn't have any protein
>>
>>39631621
There is more "bean" in 100g of dried beans than in 100g of beans that have been soaked and sucked in salt. Water adds to the weight and thus you get less "bean" per 100g you fucking retard. -- I tried to explain this to you like you're a child, hope it helps.
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1680x1050px
>>39630222

Why do so many beginner programs have both conventional deadlift and squats?

If you are doing deadlift which works the posterior chain, shouldn't the other movement work the anterior muscles?

For example, wouldn't front squat/deadlift be a better combo?
>>
Guys, questions about schedule. I'm on AxBxAxx - BxAxBxx currently. Always at least one day break between A and B.

Next week, I can only train on two consecutive days.
Should I do xxxAxxx or xxxABxx ?
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I started at the gym for the first time 11/12 months ago and I've been doing nothing but my take on Arnies Golden Six for most of that time-

>Squats 150kg
>Dumbbell Chest Press 60kg
>Dumbbell Arnold Press 40kg
>Chinups
>Curls 40kg
>Hanging Leg Raises

I literally do that same routine every time I go in the gym and I've made hella progress and look great compared to how I was, but I'm now reaching the stage where it's time to start moving onto bigger things. What am I missing from my routine?

2 weeks ago I added Deadlifts, Pulldowns and Rows to patch up my lack of back work. What else?
>>
Is it bad to get some calories from milk and sugar in tea granted I drink about 6-8 cups of it a day, hence skipping lunch in favour of drinking tea?
>>
File: foodcont2.jpg (588KB, 2604x2549px) Image search: [Google]
foodcont2.jpg
588KB, 2604x2549px
>>39630598
>On the label it says about 6.8g of protein per 100g for black beans
6.8g per 100g. Nutrition labels are sometimes a few % off, but they don't lie. They also commonly pull from the same place as government databases (which are sometimes used online). tl;dr 6.8g/100
Also remember drained weight vs cooked weight etc

>>39630700
Can't speak of the cause but try Coal Tar Shampoo- worked wonders for my flakey scalp issues in the past.

>>39630803
Probably too heavy or too many reps and/or too fast. How many and how fast are you doing, and what are your other compounds at?

>>39631042
Abs don't need very much work at all compared to other muscle groups, so one form of planks and one other ab workout is usually plenty depending on why or how you're developing the muscle. For me abs are aesthetic so I do bicycle kicks or hanging leg raises to get that V taper. 3 types of planks is excessive either way.
>>39631056
>By developing I mean gaining muscle mass and possibly visible abs (not accounting body fat)
Nevermind, you're doing it wrong. Fork putdowns 5x5 and read the sticky.

>>39631081
I'm up to 35kg dumbbells for chest press and it's getting really difficult to get them up without a spotter or falling off the bench. All movements eventually reach a point where barbells are superior for safety and hypertrophy but you should never stop using dumbbells.

Also without knowing your goal it's a mostly pointless question.

>>39631112
HIIT is generally known to be slightly more efficient at calorie burning, but 99% of people who try HIIT at home don't reach the conditions under which they were reached in the lab and clinical trials (these were ultra athletes on the brink of a heart attack from 10 minutes of work). In short- unless you're going full HIIT it's all momscience and whatever you enjoy most is best.

>>39631116
UK Fraudster here
>18yo
Everyone has told you this already but that's too young to start fraud, or at least not to waste your money.. cont..
>>
>>39631853
anybody pls? this was a serious question >_<
>>
>>39631116
..You're also far too fat to be sensibly taking most steroids. Cut to around 14% BF or less first.
>>How long will it take me to drop down to around 12%BF (~25kg fat mass to lose. wew lads)?
You can work this out yourself using any decent online calc
>How much will this whole process cost me (Based in London, you should come here some time yknow :)?
Fraud is cheap in the UK, but again you can do your own homework here.
>>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?
Depends how far below maintenance you eat. Read the sticky.

It's quite clear you're looking for a magic pill instead of simply doing the work, so you're not going to have a good time with fraud either way.

>>39631126
Yes, as it increases the amount of oxygen in your blood and strengthens your heart and lungs.

>>39631213
I'm a little better off than you at around 14-15% BF just now, but we're in a similar predicament and stage. The answer is: whichever you're more likely to stick to and be consistent with. For me cutting is harder but takes a lot less time. I'm using mealprep to regulate what I eat and suffer a little less.

>>39631342
Pic is possible natty but being in TV and on a physical show he's almost certainly on roids.
To get to that stage you'd certainly need to use barbells as well as dumbbells though.

>>39631542
Couldn't say, this is /fit/ not /fit-apart-from-smoking/
Either way it's a silly question

>>39631841
>Why do so many beginner programs have both conventional deadlift and squats?
Because they're the simplest, quickest and safest way to gain massive strength in multiple muscle groups fast.

>If you are doing deadlift which works the posterior chain, shouldn't the other movement work the anterior muscles?
Which other movement? Squats? You should be doing both to round out the posterior work done with deadlifts and the quads, calves and other overlaps done by both..
>>
>>39631841
>For example, wouldn't front squat/deadlift be a better combo?
If you're limiting yourself to only two exercises, I suppose you could argue that to be true, it's mostly a pointless question though.

>>39631853
>Next week, I can only train on two consecutive days.
>Should I do xxxAxxx or xxxABxx ?
Yes.

>>39631920
>Are calories bad
No, stop making everything black and white.
>>
>>39631909
OHP instead of arnold press optional barbell bench
dips are goat I'd do rows or pulldowns since you're already doing chinups
>>
>>39632080
Yeah I've been meaning to add in BB OHP, but so far Arnold Press has been far better for hypertrophy.
Barbell bench is also sensible since I'm no longer able to get dumbbells up without help.
Tried dips and didn't get much out of them- Cable Crossovers are much better and becoming more regular for me.

Also doing both rows and pulldowns as I said at the bottom.

Cheers for the input.
>>
>>39632054
>>39631853
xxxAxxxx OR xxxABxx?

I assume you misread and recommend xxxABxx, just to be sure.
>>
Brehs, how do you not cry while lifting weights?
>>
>>39632259
>xxxAxxxx OR xxxABxx?
Yes

>I assume you misread and recommend xxxABxx, just to be sure.
No, do both.

>>39632348
Suppress your emotions like a real man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-vrWrfCrwE
>>
>want to lose a little bit of weight
>do cardio
>cardio makes me a little bit more hungry
>eat a bit more
>stay chubby
????
>>
legit question here

what would happen if i'd take creatine but not work out
>>
File: knee-pain.jpg (240KB, 1000x655px) Image search: [Google]
knee-pain.jpg
240KB, 1000x655px
WHEN WILL MY KNEE PAIN GO AWAY HOLY SHIT

I WEAR THE SLEEVES I FOAM ROLL I TAKE FISH OIL AND GLUCOSOMINE MY FORM IS PERFECT ON LEG PRESS AND SQUAT I DONT LOCK MY KNEES I ICE THEM AFTERWARDS I STATICALLY STRETCH I USE LIGHT WEIGHT AND I WARMUP BEFORE HAND

HOLY SHIT JUST END ME PLEASE WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
If I am eating right and gaining weight while working out hard, am I going to be gaining muscle for sure? Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?
>>
>>39631543

>Scott Herman
>Natty

Creatine is not natty, nigger.
>>
>>39632809
for a piece of shit person with no force of will only way to lose weight is to count calories

excersise is optional in that regard

picture it like this, a good 30 minutes of jogging (which you cant sustain yet because of your lack of conditioning) will burn 300 calories. thats about a beer and some snacks.

but if youre a piece of shit fatso that drinks 5 beers every night doing a little bit of cardio wont change anything without a correct diet
>>
>>39632870
go to a doctor, follow his instructions to the letter, the body is slow it will probably take years to really heal.
if youre too old theres a chance it will never heal

theres a chance it will never heal any way
>>
>>39632874
>Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?
no
>>
>>39632914
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS

I WENT TO A DOCTOR AND I GOT XRAYS OF MY KNEES AND HE SAID THEY WERE FINE NO CARTILAGE DAMAGE AND TO JUST TAKE IBUPROFEN AND USE LIGHT WEIGHT UNTIL YOU EXPERIENCE NO MORE PAIN

IVE NEVER HAD KNEE PAIN BEFORE IN MY LIFE AND IM ONLY 20 YEARS OLD I DOUBT SQUATTING FUCKING 100 POUNDS EVEN WITH BAD FORM FOR 2 WEEKS WOULD HAVE FUCKED MY KNEES UP SO BAD TO THE POINT WHERE I NEED TO TAKE YEARS TO HEAL

I NEED SECOND OPINIONS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39632936
>I NEED SECOND OPINIONS NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
you need physical therapy.

seriously, the body takes really long to heal, you msut learn patience
>>
>>39632809
>Focusing on doing exercise instead of changing diet to lose weight
Mistake 1.
>Focusing on cardio for weight loss
Mistake 2.

Stop being a spastic and read the sticky.

>>39632847
Your creatine levels would go up. Is this bait?

>>39632874
>If I am eating right and gaining weight while working out hard, am I going to be gaining muscle for sure?
No, it could also be some fat
>Is there any way to tell other then waiting to see results?
You can measure your BF% fairly consistently with just a tape measure.

>>39632893
>Eating animals == taking steroids
Never go full retard

>>39632870
>>39632936
No real answer but don't listen to the other guy. I have had trouble walking for the past couple months and Doctors and Physical Therapist and GP all wasted my time and were useless.
Google for results and people who have treated the same thing and test each technique until you find one that works.

Also stop being 12.
>>
>>39631310
Yes
>>
>>39632955
Do I stop leg exercises in the mean time while looking for a knee solution? I don't want to lose progress on my lifts
>>
>>39631909
Front squats
>>
>>39632975
If you're 100% certain form isn't to blame then it'd make no sense to stop.

Form would be my first guess though.
>>
>>39632975
>Do I stop leg exercises in the mean time while looking for a knee solution? I don't want to lose progress on my lifts
if you feel pain while doing them YES ABSOLUTELY YES STOP

if you feel pain after doing them then doing them then do them with reduced weight until it doesnt give you pain after doing them.

pain is never good. soreness is one thing but pain is never good.

also:
>>39632975
>don't want to lose progress on my lifts
if you fuck up your knee for good and you cant do squats anymore, how do you think your progress will do?
>>
As someone who lived off the microwave all his life, what are some morning, lunch and dinner meals that I can cook that get me the bare necessities in terms of proteins and carbs. 200lbs and cutting atm.
>>
>>39630222
doing starting strenght for 3 weeks now, following exactly the program, lifts going up quick, but my squats and my deadlifts are in the same weight, should I just keep going with my squats with more weight than my DLs or should I hold back the squat weight a bit for my DLs to catch up?

>squat is 104Kg
>deadlift is 100Kg
>>
>>39633048
http://www.whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

Pick any two veg, one meat and one grain. Cook and combine with any sauce to make a meal.

yw

>>39633050
What possible reason could you have to hold back your lifts?
>>
I hurt my wrist a couple days ago. It really only causes me some pain in certain positions (usually when my hand is rotated) and my grip is typically weaker in those positions now. No noticeable swelling or discoloration, but I've had it wrapped up since yesterday. Tylenol isn't really touching the pain, but it's not too bad.

Any bros with experience in this know how much down time I'm potentially looking at?
>>
I think I've maxed out on linear progression (multiple deloads, switched to 3x5 etc).

I'm considering running Madcow, or 5/3/1 next. Any recommendations from my fellow /fit/izens?
>>
I have impingement from an overly-strong chest and overly-weak lower traps, do I have to avoid lifting all together or just avoid shoulders and chest while strengthening rotator cuff and traps?
>>
I'm having a problem with gym confidence. I know, I know, don't lift for your ego. But it's more about using babyweight and struggling with it. To put it simply, I'm embarrassed. I've been going to the gym at night so I can be alone in the weight room, but lately more and more people have started coming during my usual time. Any suggestions other than turning my headphones up, keeping my eyes straight ahead, trying to ignore the other people and just keep going until I get to respectable weight?
>>
File: IMG_3962.jpg (139KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3962.jpg
139KB, 800x533px
>>39633310
Come to terms with the fact that nobody cares about you.

Good way to do this is talk to people and ask them how much they're lifting etc. You'll quickly hear and know that people don't give a fuck and neither should you so long as you're improving.

Also focus on your number from the last session. If you lift the same or more than that point then you're progressing and don't have to feel like a fag. Lifting smaller weights is also fine because it's progress towards better form.

When I started at the gym 11 months ago I could barely curl 10kg and I'd have to sit next to guys benching with 2x 50kg dumbbells and feel like a bitch.

Now I'm squatting 150kg and benching 2x 30kg and whenever I see a skinny or short guy with the 10kg curls I think "On you go mate, climb that ladder"

tl;dr nobody cares, think and feel like a pussy all you like so long as you do it right
>>
>>39633091
No reason at all, my question basically is if it is 'ok' to squat more than you deadlift. I believe in few weeks the squat progression will start to go slower and my deadlift will keep progressing and will outrank the squat, but anyway just wanted to ask
>>
I gained 1cm in height since losing 38kg and starting lifting
Where the fuck did it come from?? And yes I double and triple checked my stats before and after
>>
File: salami nipples.jpg (223KB, 986x1176px) Image search: [Google]
salami nipples.jpg
223KB, 986x1176px
BF% estimate?
>>
>>39633581
18%

>>39633578
Probably stretching out your spine. It also depends on what time of day you measure.

>>39633263
Just work on the imbalances. Stopping all together will make it worse.

>>39633111
Take the wrap off and alternate heat and ice, and slowly work mobility. Should be good by tonight.

>>39633173
They're both good. Look through them carefully and pick the one you think fits your goals.
>>
>>39633581
about 15-16%
>>
>>39633455
Deadlift is typically a little more than Squat if you do both in equal amounts because the Deadlift uses far more muscles

But I squat 150kg and Dead around 50kg because I've hardly deadlifted before. Not sure what you're asking but whichever you do more of you'll get bigger at quicker.
>>
>>39633581
DO NOT BULK%
>>
Hey /fit/, woke up 4 times last night to puke and have also peed from my ass 7 times since this morning. Probably gastro-enteritis, more people have it here atm. Problem is, I cannot into hunger. How do I hunger? Only managed to eat 3 bites of steamed vegetables today. I'm assuming the hunger will return slightly the next coming days but this is still my greatest deficit of all time. I have 4 more kg to lose and then I have to turn in my centurion card. Will I lose 4 kg in (probably) 2 more days if I keep eating like a faggot?
>>
>>39633310
>>39633389
this, and also, there is not one person who started benching 100kgs, no matter how much weight they are lifting now, they started just as you are now.
I know this is probably gonna sound stupid, but it is a similar situation: my gym is 100% normie and I have never seen 1 (one) guy squat or deadlift or overhead press, seriously, and when I wanted to start doing those lifts I felt very anxious, thinking about how people would look at me and think "what the fuck is that moron doing? that exercise is weird, no one does that.". I tried going in hours that had less people, but then I just stopped caring, with the mind-set that nobody gives a shit, everybody is there to do their lifts and after that go home

godspeed, we are all going to make it
>>
>>39632870
you're not supposed to keep on lifting you idiot. Just stretch. That's all you should be doing.
>>
File: fffatso.jpg (793KB, 3264x1820px) Image search: [Google]
fffatso.jpg
793KB, 3264x1820px
is it really possible for me to look good

like , im currently 89kg 173cm, if i keep a steady 1kg per week deficit i can really reach 10 kg weight loss in 10 weeks? (about 2 months and a half)

is it possible i wont have loose skin?
>>
>>39632936
Which part of your knee is hurting specifically? Top, outside, inside, back or a combination? What motions bother you?
>>
Why do I feel like my biceps aren't really being worked when I do dumbbell curls?
>>
>>39633892
not enough weight, when you do them right it kills your biceps, theres no way you wont feel them
>>
Two days old overnight oats that I forgot in the fridge. Still edible? Doesn't smell bad.

Eat?
>>
Is the pike stretch a good stretch to increase dorsiflexion? I always feel like my gastroc gets a pretty good stretch from them and I feel slightly more mobile in the squat.
>>
Can someone help a brother out and come up with a lifting routine that will shed this weight in the next six months? I want to join the military but I'm too big to do so. 5'11 and 276 lbs. Thank you in advance.
>>
>>39634155
sticky 1xF
>>
>>39632042
>>>How much muscle mass/strength will I lose throughout the process (Approximately, if I take measures to limit that)?
>Depends how far below maintenance you eat. Read the sticky.
But if he's on DNP that changes the whole dynamic anon m8
>>
>>39633687
>>39633638
>>39633637
>>39633581
Regarding the bf%, wat do if my aim is aesthetics?
>>
>>39634460
Lift
>>
>>39634642
I'm at 1/2/3/3 currently. As you can see, I still look like shit.
>>
>>39634650
No you're not. I'm not at 1/2/3/4 yet and I'm higher BF% than you and I'm far more defined

Lift more. Your lats are the only thing with any definition
>>
>>39634677
Height might have something to do with it. I'm 6'6''. Regardless, do I bulk or cut?
>>
File: DL striated.jpg (78KB, 198x546px)
DL striated.jpg
78KB, 198x546px
>mere 120kg DL
>already plateauing

How the fucking fuck is this happening. It's not a form issue, I've had +/-12 people commenting on my form including a PLer from college.
Any exercises to include as an accessory? For strength, not mass (just making sure i'm clear - non-native speaker here).

>pic semi-related
>>
How the fuck do these work? Are my walls too thin because I got one of these and the angle is too steep so it flies off the doorframe the second any weight is put on it.
>>
At what retail store can I buy a decent fitting plain black v neck? Need buy tomorrow so can't buy online.

I'm 6'1, 193 lbs and have wide shoulders.
>>
>>39634767
1. Eat more
2. What do you mean plateau? Because stalling once or even 3 times and deloading isn't platoing. If you were able to continue linear progression without stalling in your first year, you'd be lifting over 4pl8 in your first year, which is not realistic for most people.
>>
How do you stretch to avoid DOMS?

Can you still work out while you feel it and not lose your gains?
>>
>>39630222
you need to actually go to gym atleast 4 times a week to not get fat
>>
>>39634814
Nevermind, found a wall that has a thicker frame that works fine.
>>
on tuesdays i do heavy squat, light sldl, heavy calf raises. on friday heavy dl, light front squat and light calf raises. is this enough for legs? i have barbell and dumbbells only
>>
>>39634814
make sure it's mounted right, barring that, find a narrower doorway or thicker lintel than the one you're using.
>>
>>39634984
Yeah, I found one, kitchen door works fine I just need to turn a cabinet 90 degrees.
>>
This is for ss nerds
How long should i do squats every workout? It's getting pretty tiring and i think I might be pushing towards the end of my LP. My last set was 290lbs, should I start thinking of mixing up my squats with low/med/high weigh days?
>>
>>39630222
what are good replacements for my current ""diet"" of lots of meat and sweets if I want to lose weight and have a flat tummy?
>>
>>39635094
Remove sweets.
>>
>>39635111
replace them with what?

and with what should I replace all the meat
>>
>>39630222
What are the meme supplements or whatever you people are always talking about taking to increase height if growth plates are still open? If I know for sure growth plates are still open, how effective are they?
I know someone younger than me just getting into lifting and since he's younger I think he might benefit. He's interested in getting taller too, as long as it's safe and all that
>>
>>39635218
Fruits or wholesome carbs
>>
>>39635218
With chicken.
>>
I'm running c6w and I find I work better off a percentage, rather than feel or RPE.

For my accessory percentage, is it better to run off a true max or 90% of max?
>>
>>39635260
They're not supplements they're hormones in the form of actual HGH or Nutrobal (MK-667). There are dangers as they increase ALL tissues in your body including internal organs, the brain and even potential cancers. There is a lot of info around the net so he could do his research if he's still interested.
>>
>>39635359
Awesome, I just needed the names. Thanks, now that I know what to look for we can take a look
I figured it probably had to do with hgh, so that'll probably sway him. We'll see, thanks bro
>>
File: 1480364194948.jpg (8KB, 183x170px) Image search: [Google]
1480364194948.jpg
8KB, 183x170px
Skeleton here (6'0" 125 lb), I've been trying to just eat more, literally anything that I feel will grant extra pounds. Protein mix, fast food and shake pretty much everyday, but I barely see a change. What should I do?

Also I've started going to the gym 2 weeks ago, and I get muscle aches not the day after, but the day after THAT. What's going on?
>>
>>39635418
Start counting calories to make sure you eat at a surplus? Or maybe you've failed to actually measure how much weight you've gained.
>>
>>39635418
Aches are DOMS, look it up, it'll go away eventually just train through it
I was also dyel, I went half a gallon of milk a day, then also added in some mass gainer, brought me up 20 pounds in the last 3-4 months, along with a better diet.
>>
>>39634873
Anyone?
>>
>>39634873
Yes, if you work out through DOMS it will go away quicker
>>
>>39635517
Wow, thanks actually would've thought I had to rest.
>>
After trying out hook grip for the first time with anything other than babbyweight, my thumb feels like there are small needles stabbing into it on the side when I apply pressure to it. Is this normal?
>>
File: as.png (278KB, 459x555px) Image search: [Google]
as.png
278KB, 459x555px
is this guy natty?

high body fat manlet with 650 lb squat
>>
>>39635523
It sucks ass man, but it helps. If you have to lower the weight just a bit but keep pushing. The first 2-4 weeks are the hardest imo
>>
>>39635545
Need a name, more pictures and some story about him. First impulse is to say, yes because a squat well close to 7pl8 sounds pretty hard to achieve for anyone without steroids. Then again achieving that even with roids isn't going to be easy. On the photograph you gave he looks like he has shit delts and nice but achievable traps so my instinct by visuals is to go with no.

So, bottomline, can't say with certainty but his squat is suspicious. Need more info.
>>
Can someone confirm that dips are good for building chest if you lean forward while doing them? I feel it in my chest but want to make sure it's not placebo
>>
>>39635596
https://www.instagram.com/jhouse182/

he claims natty
>>
Anybody gotten DNA tested for myostatin deficiency? If so what were the the results? Scheduling an appointment for early January.
>>
Every single time I do deadlift I'm sore most of the week. I do ppl but only deadlift once a week. The next day I can't do squats at all because how sore my lower back is. Any advice on how I can stop deadlifts from affecting my leg day so much?
>>
Noob here, what does 1/2/3/4 signify? When people say they lift 1/2/3/4 is it for working sets or 1RMs? Is it more "okay you're not a complete beginner now, keep going" or "you're getting close to the natty limit, good job"?
>>
>>39635779
1pl8 OHP
2pl8 Bench
3pl8 Squat
4pl8 Deadlift
>>
>>39635805
I know what the lifts are, I just don't know how impressive they are supposed to be.
>>
What are good exercises to help thicken up the neck? I already do dumbbell shrugs, but my neck seems to be disproportionately small.
>>
>>39635779
IMO 1/2/3/4 signifies that you can work at those weights for each lift for REPS, not 1RM. When you hit 1/2/3/4 you have a solid strength foundation.
>>
>>39635844
SLightly related to this guys question:

What if you never reach those lifts?

Like, I'm a long way from getting to that point, and I'm starting to stall.

Maybe I'm just being negative, but let's say I never reach 1/2/3/4, and never become strong...am I just stuck plugging away at beginner routines forever, or can I still change my routine to focus of physique or something else?
>>
>>39635919
You will though. Linear progression and periodization along with an appropriate surplus will take you there.

Where are you currently in those lifts? How long have you been training? How much do you weigh? How tall are you? How old are you?

Honestly I never thought I would rep 3pl8 squat, now I rep 5pl8 squat so you just have to be objective and logical in regards to training and life.
>>
>>39635636
>242lbs
>manlet
>not fat
>breaking records
>natty
>implying
>>
In a hotel room for 3 days. Any bodyweight exercises to take the place of bench, squat and diddly for this one workout I'll miss?
>>
>>39636126
just don't lift, get a deload rest
>>
>>39635983
OHP - 100 lbs
Bench - 145 lbs
Squat - 210 lbs
Deadlift - 245 lbs (technically, I haven't stalled on this own yet, because I was afraid to do them after an injury and only recently started them again with proper form and breathing)

All these are my numbers for 3x5. Anything higher and I always miss reps.

My training has been sporadic for a year. I've never gotten past this point because every time I reach it, I get stuck and eventually either injure myself or take a break from getting discouraged. I'm trying now to actually get serious about it.

150 lbs
5'6"

I started lifting to lose fat, and I hit my goal, but now I want more, and I'm having a hard time gaining weight back and building strength.
>>
>>39636175
Don't really need to deload, still making noob gainz
>>
>>39636193
A year or two and you should be at 1/2/3/4 with proper nutrition and programming. You'll make it, just focus on making the most of each workout. Invest today so you can have a better tomorrow.
>>
>>39636232
do you have any experience (personally or from others) how fast you can back to your former peak?
I was getting close to the 1rm 2pl8 bp, so still noobgains but I stopped working out for a bit because of my back and now I doubt I can do 1pl8 anymore.
>>
>>39636296
Personally. I underwent surgery for an inguinal hernia @192lbs, lost 20lbs while recovering, got back to 3.5xbw deadlift in a month.

Got into a t-boned by a car, pretty much same story, came back within 3 months stronger. It's all mental my friend, believe and you can achieve!
>>
Are skullcrushers a push or pull lift?
>>
>>39636342
Are you exerting energy on the concentric or eccentric?
http://www.fitnesshealth101.com/fitness/weight-training/strength-training/pushpull-program
>>
What do to get strong core and back fast? Not interested in abs or definition and stuff, my diddlylift and squat feel not so sure, I guess because of this.
>>
I'm planning on switching from my current routine to the newbie routine from the sticky: http://newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2007/01/stripped-5x5.html

How much should I increase the weight for each set for these exercises? Should I increase by 5 lbs each time i.e. 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, or should I increase by more?

Also, I assume I should TRY to increase my weight by 5 pounds a week and if I can't do it, just increase the reps with the same weights until I can like he said?
>>
>>39636394
Work abdominals/lower back directly to improve thoracic extension.
>>
>>39636411
Thanks, I've tried some stuff, I feel my abs/lower back the most with cable crunches and weighted back extensions, so for now I'm sticking with them and some casual stuff thrown in. Anything else you suggest to try?
>>
>>39636403
You basically just pace yourself, just do what you feel you can do. Jumping 10-20 pounds per set on deadlifts might be easy if you start light since most beginner programs just have you do 1x5 instead of 5x5, while jumping 5 pounds per set on the OHP might be very challenging for a long time since it usually progresses the slowest.

Just write down what you do and try to make progress every exercise, even if it's something very small like going from 45-50-55-60-65 to 45-55-60-65-65. You'll get a feel for where you need to start and end on every lift pretty quickly and then just try to progress somehow every time you go, even if it's just by a little.
>>
How do i squat without a squat rack?

t. dyel
>>
>>39631989

DONT TRUST MULTI-REPLIERS.

I REPEAT

DO NOT TRUST MULTI REPLIERS
>>
>>39636607
don't bother. just pull from the floor.

regular deads, hamstring focused deads (stiff legged or romanian), jefferson deads, barbell hack squat
>>
Newfag here. Will eating better help keep my hair from thinning too quick?
>>
What is the sum of the calories deficit I must achieve to lose 1kg of fat?
>>
>>39636668
buy some pumpkin seed oil dude
>>
>>39636676
>>
>>39636694
Thank you.
>>
>>39636607
Use ladders to put the barbell on

Question of my own, what are some decent no bullshit ab exercises? Looking to add them on to my routine to do a few times a week for bants
Got sit ups/crunches/planks but that seems to be it - if I could do hanging leg raises I would but nowhere to do them.
>>
>>39636700
squat racks/power racks are carefully designed by intelligent engineers to ensure safety. ladders as racks for a load above you is irresponsible advice. i know you are trying to help and think outside the box but what if somebody took your advice and got seriously hurt?

add weight to your plank to increase the intensity
>>
>>39636680
What does it do? Do I rub it on or eat it?
>>
File: 5s8VOfA.png (688KB, 1292x854px)
5s8VOfA.png
688KB, 1292x854px
>>39636716
>>
>>39636436
Hyper-extensions
>>
>>39633823

Yeah loose skin is quite an unpredicable thing, I wouldn't count on losing a kg every week without a modified fast or something.

Go for it, you actually look like you lift so regardless if you lose 10kg or 5kg you'll look better than now. Time to cut.
>>
So I'm starting a cut and workout is currently a 3 day split, on my days off from lifting should my caloric intake be even lower than my TDEE-300cals
>>
DOing SL 5x5 for two weeks (lifted for 2 months) and since I started I have been getting a sharp pain in my left hip joint down towards my knee, even when doing weights I was previously fine with.

I chalked this up to poor mobility so started trying hip exercises on my rest days but going today it got worse.

I did my first two sets fine, small pain but ok, third was going fine weight wise but when I was done my left leg was hurting (and not the kind of pain from working out and it was only my left leg). I decided rather than risk an injury I wouldn't do my next two sets (I don't think it's a specific weight problem but I am guessing my body isn't used to that kind of weight).

My question is what should I do, I want to keep doing squats and keep to my program but should I lower the weights while I do hip exercises and improve mobility? Should I stop squats for awhile and try other exercises in the meantime to hit the same muscles?

If it makes any difference, I did deadlifts after and my legs were fine, but walking home my left leg was still hurting a bit.
>>
File: 1481228524349.jpg (352KB, 1420x1232px) Image search: [Google]
1481228524349.jpg
352KB, 1420x1232px
Will lifting on a cut ever feel not like absolute hell?
Just started 4 days ago and I feel like dog shit, I lose has midway through my workout session and every set leaves me feeling like I'm about to faint. Will my body get used to it?
>>
>>39636944
Meant to say I lose gas midway through my session
>>
>>39636944
ya it does get a bit better

what's your deficit?
>>
>>39636653
Thanks my man
>>
So I once took a girl to a motel and for the first time since then I had to actually use a condom to fuck her.

Turns out I couldn't put it on and got so nervous about it that I lost my erection and couldn't get it back.

Now I have this condom-phobia and it's really making me anxious since I have a booty call this saturday and she already said I WILL have to use a condom or no dice.

I'm actually thinking about taking a blue one beforehand, even though that may be a tad extreme since I'm only 25.

Any tips for me, brehs?
>>
>>39637085
Good to hear holy shit.
I'm going at -500 but I have a feeling my deficit is larger due to walking a minimum of 10000 steps at my job every day, in addition to the lifting.
>>
>>39637098

Yeah take a 50mg and get over it, as long as you didn't fall for the "no cardio" meme you'll be fine. Avoid if you're on any kind of gear.
>>
>>39637108
better cut too hard than spin your wheels accidentally eating too much for weeks/months.

>>39637098
nofap gives you harder boners

buy a pack of condoms and practice putting them on!?!?

but yeah if you already have a viagra take half a tab before hand lol if you don't don't bother
>>
File: c3b.jpg (31KB, 456x320px)
c3b.jpg
31KB, 456x320px
>broke my toe in soccer
>healed okayish/weirdly
>docs says there is nothing they can do
>can't do calf raises or it triggers the bone

What are calf raise alternatives? I don't have a seated machine at the gym.

NEVER GONNA MAKE IT NEVER EVUH GONNA MAKE IT
>>
>>39637127
I run a couple KM every now and then so I guess that's covered.

I am on creatine, tough. Is that considered "gear"?
>>
>>39637161

lol no
>>
Why does the sticky have a running dinosaur?
>>
>>39637173
Well then call me Mega Man cause I'll be the blue fucking bomber.
>>
>>39637179

good luck, I'd recommend not to make it a habit though, just a little aide to get over the awkwardness of the first encounter.
>>
>>39637174
>>
>>39637179
Where do you even get that shit? I have a similar situation, condoms and first-times make me flaccid as fuck. I'm good to go if I'm comfortable, been dating for a while and don't need to use a condom so I don't think it's physical, but hookups and one night stands are impossible for me.
>>
I've been cutting down on calories for about a month now and I'm seeing good results and its not particularly difficult. I've been eating healthier but i've not really been paying attention to macros - am I going to need to take these into consideration or is a calorie cut sufficient? I'm just looking to stop being chubby.
>>
is the equipment recommended on ss.fitness for a home gym any good?

any good aussie resellers of that equipment? i want to save on shipping
>>
>>39637253
If you feel fine then just keep doing what you're doing. If your goal is just "lose weight" just calories will get you there. If your goal becomes "lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible" then you will need to lift weights and get a certain amount of protein.

That's basically it, you don't need to make it harder than it has to be. You can of course count macros and micronutrients and go as detailed as you want to get certain goals but for broad goals like "lose weight" it's not necessary.
>>
>>39633943
nuke it in the microwave first but yeah
>>
Is there any need to directly work the obliques? Goal is aesthetics and good looking abs that pop
>>
Why does fit hate smith machines again?
>>
I am thinking about going Keto.

A little scared since I'm a huge rice maniac (I'm Asian) and a huge lover of pizza and cakes. I'll try to curve eating them for most of the week now.

But is there any proof Keto actually works?

I exercise every day and I need the energy to work out.

I'm 300 pounds and I want to go to 180 in a year and a half.
>>
>>39637270
Yeah, that seems to cover the basics pretty well. Power rack + bench + weights will get you there.

Not an aussie so I don't know but here in Murca there are often good deals on weights and equipment on craigslist.
>>
>>39637375
Microwave may kill some bacteria, but unless you're making the water boil it's worthless as a disinfectant. Even if the water in the meal boiled, bacteria can still survive in latent spores. A microwave is not a gamma ray sterilizer.

Now, even if you did kill all bacteria in your meal, it's still not safe to eat, as many produce harmful chemicals which are what often hurt you if you eat rotten food.

So. >>39637375
No, if you want to be 100% safe don't eat it. And if you do eat it, don't think it's safe just because you made an intense microwaving.
>>
My entire back is sore and I can barely move without an ache. How do I get this fixed?
>>
>>39637512
Sleep. Stretch.
>>
>>39637512
download an app called "grindr"
make an account saying "need help with my backside"
a specialist will be over to help shortly
>>
File: Pieceofshit.png (431KB, 411x478px) Image search: [Google]
Pieceofshit.png
431KB, 411x478px
>>39630222
>Be 155lbs flabby fuck
>Decide to start lifting
>Get 2.5 months into it, small strength gains and arms getting slightly more cardiovascular
>Get overwhelmed by school and work
>Only work out roughly 3-4 times over about a month
>Eating like shit
>Look like shit
>Last week of classes
>Starting up again Monday
>3 Months until spring
>6 months until summer

Will I be beach ready if I head back into working out 4-5 days a week like I was previously? Pic is current body obviously
>>
File: 3MYkU.jpg (65KB, 480x270px)
3MYkU.jpg
65KB, 480x270px
My libido has tanked since I started lifting. How fix?
>>
>>39637638
Had the same problem when I first started. It went away after a while as I got used to the intensity. It could also be a sign that you are goin' too hard in da paint.
>>
I work out with dumbbells only. Problem is, every day is like shoulder day, and my left shoulder is not holding up. I can still do all my lifts, but my shoulder makes little clicks in certain movements and doesn't feel right in general. Wtf should I do to rescue it? Longer warm up? More than 2 rest days?
>>
>>39637412
obliques enhance aesthetics to a degree (ryan terry but not phil heath)

they enhance the depth of the inguinal crease and the vertical crease between rectus abdominis and oblique
>>
these man tits that have been ruining my life since my teens are finally coming off in january !

the Doc told me i'll be out from doing weights for about a month, but ive read that guys go back into i after two weeks.

so what do, be a risk taker or take the Doc's word?
>>
>>39637616
I would lick that tummy and rub my dick on your feet no homo
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (67KB, 800x402px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
67KB, 800x402px
>>39637789
Lewd
>>
How many of you made it and don't stretch at all?
>>
I know it says to do stronglifts for 3 months, but I want to switch to PPL right now. Would that be a problem? My lifts Currently

185 squat
235 deadlift
90 ohp
130 bench
130 row

Am I too weak currently?
>>
I doubt I'll get much, if any sleep tonight so I want to know; is lifting on little to no sleep, aided with pre workout and possible hypomania a bad idea? I don't want to mess up my AxBxA schedule
>>
>>39638220
very
>>
>>39638220
train how you like dude fuk the haters

>>39638241
ya kind of, no sleep and intense exercise is a recipe for illness. very lowered immune system
>>
What bf% is this?
2 months ago after cutting from 185-170. Is it full inescapable skinnyfat mode? If I lean bulk how long should I go for?
>>
File: 1475453075737.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px)
1475453075737.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>39638534
forgot pic, just turned 18 btw.
>>
>>39630222
Is running 1km as fast as I can at the end of workouts a good contribution to general cardio and heart health?

I really want to get that resting heart beat to 55bpm
>>
>>39631310
most likely no
>>
is it okay if i go over my calorie limit once a week
>>
How do you guys feel after a good workout?
Am I supposed to feel relaxed etc?
Does this feeling alone make it worth it for you?
>>
File: suicide mission.jpg (129KB, 1300x861px)
suicide mission.jpg
129KB, 1300x861px
All right, so I half-assed Stronglifts for a year and only got to babyweight numbers. Then, in September, I started taking it seriously, sleeping 8 hours and eating 2800 kcal a day and I made some progress. I also gained about a pound per week, from 150 lbs to 165 lbs now. For example, my squat went from 155 lbs to 185 lbs but then I tweaked my back trying to go to 190 lbs and now I don't know what to do. I have deloaded to 170 and focused on form but now I can't even do my 5x5 at 170 (I was super cautious about my back and I failed 3 times in a row on the last set). My back still hurts a little (though adding back extensions has helped somewhat) so I guess I'm gonna deload to 155, which means that I made literally no progress in the past 3 months (my bench is up I guess, it's now my strongest lift at 170 lbs). I'm also getting pretty tired of this 5x5 shit, because doing the same stuff 3x a week for 1+ year has been mind-numbing. What should I do?
>>
>>39639516
depends by how much, if its a fuckton then no, if its just a little then yeah probably. why once a week though?
>>39639666
i feel tired, satisfied, and hungry. I usually come home, drink some mass gainer, and then have a massive meal and take a nap
the feeling of being tired doesnt for me, but the feeling of progress definitely does
>>
>>39639666
BEGONE SATAN t t t t t t t t t t
>>
>>39639775
i usually eat like 1500 but some days i like to pig out to maybe 2500
im a male btw 240lbs
>>
I started lifting a year ago almost but I still weigh 154lbs because I cant afford actual food, what are some cheap bulking foods.
>>
Best routine while cutting for an intermediate lifter?
>>
So I'm a scrawny as hell (5'11, 145 lbs) DYEL who has been lifting for about a month. My goal is to bulk up and gain strength/mass. My question: since I'm new to lifting, and therefore pretty fucking weak at all my lifts, should I be eating excess calories to bulk up? I don't want to become skinny fat or gain fat before muscle. If I'm lifting pretty heavily at least 2 or 3 times a weak to the point where that muscle group is sore for a few days after, should I be okay?
>>
I've been trying to save money and use a new gym but things may have backfired.

For a while now I've been doing SL at my college, but I've since graduated and can't really justify driving 12 mi out there anymore; I feel weird being there all the time when I should be done with the place. I found a gym near me with a cheap month-long trial, and when I called to ask if they had a rack and bench, they said they did, but all I found were machines when I got there. I saw a Smith machine, which I've been able to work with when the power rack at school was taken, but the only bench they had was this weird machine one where I press inward (toward my sternum) with each arm. And this doesnt seem like a good place for heavy deadlifts.

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to keep doing SL for real here, but I already paid for the month long trial, so I feel like I should use it (especially since I'm trying to save money and this is cheaper than driving). Is there any good routine that I can salvage from this so I can keep progressing?
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px)
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
Been bench pressing with dumbbells for 10 months and I'm up to 2x 28kg. How much extra should I expect on the barbell, if any?

Tried out Barbell yesterday and I put on 60kg and it seemed to be about 95% of my 1RM, I expected to be able to go a little higher.
>>
File: Routine.png (48KB, 1079x745px) Image search: [Google]
Routine.png
48KB, 1079x745px
Which is the better routine as they currently stand/which could be better with some improvements?
I like that the split won't take as long each day and not sure if there's too much on the ppl routine
Not sure what the rotation was going to be for heavy days and high volume days for the ppl, could just do both in the week or every other week w/e
Thanks
>>
>>39640746
Go Upper and lowerr body, take 2 rest daysb
>>
>>39640531
Eat higher quantities of 'good' foods. You don't need to be at much of a surplus for your macros to reap the benefits and get bigger.
And for your second point, as long as the muscle has had sufficient time to repair (usually 48hrs) it's fine to use again - eventually you'll stop being sore for as long as well
>>
>>39639734
bump for interest
>>
>>39638546
Sprinting won't lower your resting heart rate, aerobic exercise will.
>>
My gym's leg press has an angle to the top of the foot rest. Should my feet be on the top or bottom? Or should they be in the middle with the toes on the top and heels on bottom? Any advantage to one over the other?
>>
File: x5zwqwkb6x1vbh7h7cqs.jpg (73KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
x5zwqwkb6x1vbh7h7cqs.jpg
73KB, 600x900px
Is there a reason to eat brown rice over white rice if they both fit your macros and you're getting enough protein?
>>
When you guys squat, row, or DL etc, is your back supposed to sort of "throb"? I feel like my form is solid and the pain isn't on my spine. This feeling doesn't hurt, but instead feels like it's almost kind of tight. This doesn't happen all the time, and the feeling doesn't last very long nor does it cause me any problems (yet)

Is this a normal back sensation? As you can tell, I am new and squatting relatively light weight (170lbs)
>>
>>39640913
Brown rice is better for you, has less starch and more fibre. If it fits your macros and your goals then obviously there's no reason

>>39640938
Lift heavier and find out if you're in pain. If so then your form is fucked. Otherwise you're probably just using muscles you haven't before
>>
>Bulk 6 weeks
>Cut for 2

Why should I not do this?
>>
If I give into the temptation, I can just lie in bed the whole day flipping through my phone getting more and more tired

Low test?
>>
>>39640832
Any examples of foods you'd consider good that are also inexpensive? I've been doing the pianoman method of eating a pint of Ben and jerrys before bed for the past few days to get the extra calories but maybe that's not a great idea
>>
>>39641010
Unhealthy lifestyle
>>
>>39641003
How will lifting heavier allow me to find out if my form is fucked? Will the pain last longer, meaning it's my form? I assume you shouldn't really have pain no matter how heavy you squat?
>>
>>39641048
Lifting heavier than you're normally able is the best way to find shitty form because it forces you to break form and use muscles & position you're most comfortable on

Correct, no pain, merely discomfort.

For what it's worth I squat 150kg and recently started deadlifts and have lower back pain because of shitty tight hamstrings
>>
>>39630774
>>
Can i go from 1200-1500kcal/day to 2500kcal/day or should i add slowly?
>>
>>39641282
Add 300kCal a week till you reach. So:
>1900kCal
>2200kCal
>2500kCal
Will take you two weeks to reach it, or if you want just break it into two
>>
Is there any way around si pain/problems?
>>
>tfw I just realized my daily protein powder is 150 cal
>never thought of counting that
>tfw I thought I hit my calorie goal this whole week, but didn't do it a single day
>>
>>39641353
Why did you realized it now?
>>
everytime i squat my knees make a cracking sound, should i be concerned?
>>
Just got out of a bad relationship, was basically was locked in a room for 5 years and fed a constant diet of pizza with zero exercise but I am free now and need to fix what I can. I read the sticky and have made adjustments to my diet and plan on getting it down and doing cardio before going on to lifting (is this a bad idea?), I am about 5'11 400lb+ (only scale I have is like 50 years old and goes to 250 so I'm guessing). My new diet consists of two whole wheat bread sandwiches with varying lunch meats and water, is this too much or too little to start with? Thanks for your time
>>
File: 1449098127002.jpg (123KB, 950x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1449098127002.jpg
123KB, 950x1080px
>>39641433
>400lb+
>wheat breat
This is bait, is it?
>>
How much does /fit/ sleep a night? Sleep 5-6hrs a night during uni, is this a gains goblin?
>>
>>39641374
take calcium
>>
>>39641467
Yes it is.
Sleep at least 8h.
>>
>>39641452
No unfortunately, I assumed whole wheat is a better alternative to white bread isnt it? I am very uneducated on this subject and basically flying blind here, I understand that my body is past a traditional point of no return but I wish to make it serviceable enough to handle everyday tasks and possibly a labor intensive job, do you believe this is within the realm of possibility?
>>
>>39641485
Of course. If you're motivated enough you'll hit the stage where hunger becomes a good feeling, because it means you're making progress. I'd recommend you not to focus too much on aesthetics. You will look better, but you're always going to have excess skin etc. Focus on being functional, healthy and strong and you'll see great progress.
>>
>>39630222
going to a work party with a 3 course meal, got no idea how many calories i'll be taking in.

should I just assume about 1000 - 1500 calories?
>>
Is 6 Day workout worth for natty?
Wanted to change my 3-day split to push/pull/legs and then it would be possible, right?
>>
i want to start doing cardio on off days, i used to jog quite a lot in my teens im now 28 years old.

i used to just jog for 30 minutes with a constant pace and just try to not stop or stop a few seconds if i was unreasonably tired.

is the couch22k much better?

for fat loss, what should i aim for: more time or more distance? are those indicators of progress?
>>
>>39631542
just quit, i used to smoke 1-2 a day as well. what you're getting from the cigs at that few a day is nothing compared to what you're fucking up in your body
quit for a week or two just to see the difference and see if you don't just quit for the long haul because you feel better. good luck!
>>
I have a bit of a bloated stomach and tiny manboobs thanks to my medication. Can these be resolved by dieting and lifting?
>>
I can't keep my back straight when doing barbell rows. What should I do?
>>
>>39642304
seated rows are goat
>>
>>39641467
at least 8
>>
>>39642349

I want to get better at bent over rows though
>>
If I use a Smith machine for bench press, should I increase the weight?
>>
>>39642552
yes double the weight and let the bar fall freely onto your throat

>>39642304
Bend your knees more

>>39642148
this is due to your diet not your medication. yes.
>>
Assumed i would put oats in my post workout shake for insulin peak.
Would there be a better/faster absorption if they were soaked before?
How much gramm oats are necessary to reach a good peak?
>>
File: 1481114719824.jpg (30KB, 500x375px)
1481114719824.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Is it bad to skip a day to lift but recover it the next day?

I should go lift today but it's started raining hard and I'm studying for my finals, I can't risk getting sick while walking through puddles to the gym, and the weather says tomorrow it will be sunny. Should I do cardio at home today to compensate? Trying to cut btw
>>
>>39642727
It's not bad to skip a day. It's bad to make skipping a day a habit. Suppose you used the gym to take a break from your studies and clear your head?
>>
>>39642749
I love doing that, but to be honest I'm really stressed about finals and I need to focus at least a day and I feel like doing that today.
Yeah won't make it an habit, have been going to the gym for 4 month without skipping a day, will recover it tomorrow and keep going.

Ty
>>
>>39642654
Ok, I'll try changing my diet and see where that gets me.
>>
wat do when gaining a bit more fat than desirable while bulking?
>>
>>39642850
eat less
>>
>>39642390
For what purpose? They aren't a competition lift and they aren't even that good at building a strong upper back.

>>39642693
>insulin peak
>caring about absorption rates

It's unimportant. Any difference it makes is completely negligible. Just focus on getting your macros in and putting effort in at the gym. Even protein timing for optimal absorption gives <1% increase in results.

>>39642850
Cut your calories by ~100 and see if that helps.
>>
I need to do 23 chin ups, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, run an 18 minute 3 mile at the most, but at the least 22 minute 3 mile.

I am ~175lbs 6ft former /fit/izen who got bogged down in this semester and went from:
>185lbs
>295 5rm SQ
>205 5rm BP
>115 5RM OHP
>325 5RM DL
to
>175lbs
>225 5RM SQ
>155 5rm BP
>105 5rm OHP
>245 5rm DL
My main goal is to achieve:
>23 chin ups, 100 sit ups in 2 minutes, run an 18 minute 3 mile at the most, but at the least 22 minute 3 mile.
I am trying to score as high as I can for the Marines PFT, what is a good program to focus on that goal while also increasing strength as a secondary goal?
As for running, is doing a 5k(slightly 3 miles) every other day and trying to shave off time every day a good strategy for running? I was never a cardiofag, so I need help on this, or is couch to 5k a good start?

I should say I have until early Feb to achieve all this.
>>
File: IMG_4280.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4280.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
What an exercises can I do that won't strain my hips or joints? I do leg raises but adding weight feels like it strains my hip joints and will give me a hernia (no weight is too light). Same with side bends or weighted sit ups.

Are planks enough? What are some light but effective exercises?
>>
>>39643125
Ab** exercises
>>
>>39643125
Dragon flags
Landmine 180s
Windscreen wipers
Ab rollouts
>>
>>39643153
I feel like most of those would hurt. Or not hurt but just feel like I'm "dislocating" something. Maybe my hips are just weak, as I have hypermobile joints. Is there any way to strengthen them?
>>
Former fatass here. Since I was on cut since i started lifting. Been doing modified starting strength with pendlay rows instead of power cleans. Now that most of my lifts have stalled (except for DL), i am thinking about switching to intermediate, but i dont know if i am intermediate yet.
I'm 175 cm 64,5 kg (I still want to lose somewhere around 4kg) and my stats (5RM) are:
SQ 110 kg
BP 72 kg
OHP 55 kg
DL 141 kg
Now my question is, should i switch to intermediate program? If yes, which one? I was considering MadCow, 5/3/1 and Texas Method
>>
>hit lmao2pl8 diddly (no bully pls, i'm a small girl and that was a goal i set when i started training)
>got a passing grade on a uni assignment i thought i failed hard
and yet, i feel like shit today. like i'm a worthless loser that needs to drop dead. what's especially strange is that i'm not usually depressed.
i've had a nice meal and am taking a warm bath, and still feel like crap. what can i do?
>>
what's a good bench program for an intermediate, texas method isn't doing it for me anymore.
>>
>>39643256
Getting a stronger core, squatting and deadlifting more and maybe speaking to a qualified physiotherapist.
>>
>>39643339
Whenever I feel like crap I read some philosophy.

Seneca or Aurelius is a favourite at the moment.
>>
>>39643125
Why not hanging leg raises?
>>
>>39643087
bump
>>
Quick, is this shit legit ebay.co.uk/itm/201743932709

Looks too good to be true
>>
>>39643406
> ebay.co.uk/itm/201743932709
I guess they will just send you the empty cases.
>>
>>39643434
Creatine Monohydrate, Arginine Alpha, Ketoglutarate, Tribulus Terrestris, L Tyrosine, Dextrose, Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Citric Acid, Taurine, Guarana Extract, Caffeine
Other Ingredients – Colourings, Flavourings, Liquid Water, Sweetener, Potassium Sorbate

A bunch of meme ingredients
>>
>>39643469
ye but is so cheap
>>
Does strength training help make your heart "better" like cardio would? Or is cardio the only way to do that?

I'm doing SL 5x5 but I would also like to do some nice shit for my heart
>>
are pl8s as in 1pl8, 2pl8... supposed to mean 20 or 25 kilos? I've seen both of those.
>>
>>39643571
20kg
>>39643535
no
>>
>>39643571
40kg / 90 lbs
>>
File: 1446235042001.png (3KB, 194x247px)
1446235042001.png
3KB, 194x247px
Anon, help me!
We all have this one friend which embarrassed us in public, r-right?
He want to starts lifting at my gym, but hes so fucking weird man, he thinks hes funny (hes not) and thinks he knows everything better than other people and i know that he will be loud by doing 1 rep deadlift and dropping the the bar at highest point or things like that.
How can i avoid this?
>>
How comparable are back extensions to deadlifts? I'm not trying to lift too heavy right now, just focusing on being healthy and balanced. If I do it while holding plates, will I be well off? What are your guys' thoughts
>>
>>39643577
So cardio is the only way to make dem sweet sweet heart gainz?
>>
>>39643694
bro you need to exercise your heart, so you need to up your heart rate for an extended time.
lifting will only raise it moderately, for a short time
>>
>>39643666
Don't lift with him

>>39643694
Lifting will help your heart health. Not as much as doing cardio though.
>>
I've only been lifting for a month and a half to two months and I've made really good progress so far, but I'm concerned my bench gainz are going to plateau soon. It doesn't feel like my chest really activates when I'm lifting, I don't know if my anatomy is just weird or if my technique is incorrect, anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what's going on?
>>
>>39643778
Do dumbbell bench.
>>
>>39643793
I don't see how that would change what muscle groups I'm using but it's worth trying
>>
>>39643778
Have any other lifts slowed down?
What format do you do? (eg 3x5)
Do you do any exercises for related muscles (delts, triceps) and when?
>>
>>39643830
Bigger range of motion. Do it in addition to barbell bench for extra volume Do it after dumbbell bench for 3x10 with an manageable weight.
>>
>>39643778
>>39643918
Also how much are you eating? Do you have a good idea of your calories and macros or no
>>
>>39643918
My overhead rows have slowed as well but I think that's because I'm using the same muscle groups before I get to that spot in my routine.

I try to do 3x5 in general but depending on my level of fatigue and the weight I'm pushing sometimes I can only do 3 reps or as many as 8-10 (which I will usually consider a warmup set and go up in weight then do 3x4-6). I do skull crushers, tricep extension via pulley and dumb bells, and other exercises for related muscle groups but the sequence all varies on availability of equipment at the gym.

>>39643926
That makes sense, thanks for the recommendation.

>>39643942
I don't really keep track of it closely, on days that I lift and the following day I try to up my protein and caloric intake as much as I can though.
>>
File: 1476864721518.jpg (55KB, 401x302px) Image search: [Google]
1476864721518.jpg
55KB, 401x302px
When I'm doing my Deadlifts, do I want to touch the ground with the bar at the end of each rep, or do I want the weight to be off the ground for the whole set?
>>
so my new diet plan is about 1200 calories.

basically I eat a decent size breakfast, usually around 400-700 calories including a couple of eggs. And then I'll have another snack in the afternoon before I get off work, that's anything from a protein bar to a bag of chips or something for another 400-600 calories.

And then when I get home, I try to not eat anything, or if I do it's something small and not over 400 calories a bit before I go to bed.

This is my first week of doing it, after consistently dieting at ~2000 calories for the past few months, I decided I wanted some faster results and could handle it.

It's been going well so far, my macro's are all around staying kind of even 30%, but if I'm really paying attention I'll skew my protein to be closer to 50%. But, I mostly just care about the calories, 'cause I'm a fatty.
>>
>>39644062
With regular deadlifts, you let the bar hit the ground, reset, and lift it again.

Holding it for the whole set is called a romanian deadlift
>>
>>39644056
Sorry I meant to say do dumbbell bench after barbell bench.

I'd reccomend high intensity bench with somethings like 5x3 and then 3x10 dumbbell
>>
>>39644075
Sweet. Thank you. Are there any benefits or disadvantages for this "romanian" "deadlift" you speak of?
>>
>>39644062
Hit the ground, take a couple of seconds to reset if you need to as well.

>>39644075
An RDL is a deadlift which avoids knee flexion.
>>
>>39644094
Yeah, you move less weight so get less strong. It's a useful accessory.
>>
>>39644077
Got it, thanks
>>
>>39644056
What weights are you using? You might just be getting out of the ez beginner gains

When my 3x5 bench got stuck for a bit, I switched to 3x8 and started improving way more easily. Make sure you're not trying to do it while you're still recovering though, that's a fair amount of tricep stuff
>>
>>39644094
more emphasis on the glutes than the standard deadlift. assists with lockout. can also be helpful for grip work
>>
Guys all my lifts are impressive but nobody believes me when i tell them my numbers, they are impressed when i prove it and step up to the challenge. Ive been doing mainly 5 reps on all my big lifts. Obviously its not making me look strong, despite the fact i am strong.

Should i start doing 8 reps instead at a lower weight?

would this make me look better over a few months?
>>
Fatty here, 5'11'' at 220

Would it be better to do a AxBxA/BxAxB routine with cardio or focusing on certain parts each such as chest, back, legs, arms, and then cardio?
>>
>>39644268
The more full body one would probably get you better results, you're using more muscles and burning more calories
>>
>>39644224
Tbh it's probably a lot of things, I think I'm eating less and working out less frequently due to my work schedule and also the beginner gains are drying up. For barbell bench my max is 160 and now I've been trying to do 3x5 of 130-140 whenever I'm in there. It doesn't seem like a lot but I think I started at like 70 pounds in November. And yeah I typically won't do all of those tricep exercises in any one session.
>>
>>39644302
Thanks, is focusing on certain muscle groups each day more of a meme? Or meant for advice lifting and bodybuilding?
>>
>>39644336
If your weight isn't changing at all, you'd be surprised how much easier it is to make gains if you're at a caloric surplus

>>39644340
It's meant for experienced lifters that need more volume to make muscle gains, and because of the volume they need the week to rest. The meme part is saying that beginners won't get results by doing it - of course they will, if you go to the gym 5 times per week and don't get any results, you're doing something wrong
>>
New program I'm running includes behind the back shrugs. Bar travel is limited by my powerful, and fully developed glutes. What do?
>>
>>39644489
Do regular shrugs? What is the goal of doing it behind your back?
>>
>>39644531
The program has regular shrugs too. I think it's just to hit the muscle from another angle. My ass just hampers my range of motion...
>>
I'm cutting, already at 82kg down from 96kg and just recently started paying attention to macros and I've noticed I'm barely getting any protein since my diet is mainly soups, vegetables and fruit. Is this a problem and should I fix it with salmon, eggs and chicken? What's the problem with not getting protein while cutting?
>>
can i drink pure olive oil to reach my daily fat intake ?
>>
>>39644596
Sure. You'll also realize your natty diarrhoea potential.
>>
>>39644557
It's the same muscle (mostly trapezius + levator scapulae) doing the same thing, the only difference with doing shrugs in front is if you lean too far forward you could start recruiting some other muscles (oh no more exercise)
desu I think it's just bad for your shoulders but I'm not about to go find sources on that, do whatever you want and it'll work fine for you

>>39644563
Protein is needed for muscle synthesis, so definitely get that. The minimum should be 0.8g/kg per day, but you'll need more if you're doing exercise. The protein will also help with satiety if you're trying to eat less.

Soups will get you mostly just sodium, vegetables are good fibre and vitamins+minerals, and fruit has some more vitamins and sugar. Aside from protein, make sure you get things like iron and B vitamins somewhere (B vitamins are easy to find in enriched wheat products) because those might be lacking. Also get your fats in, just try to meet the requirements for omega 3s and 6s. Fats are mostly in dairy sort of products, so you might be short with those as well.

>>39644596
The (Canadian) government recommends 3tbsp of olive oil per day, but I don't think they mean to take it in a shot glass. If you're good on the polyunsaturated fats then milk or cheese would get you them calciums + vitamin D, which you probably don't get enough of if it's dark and winter where you are
>>
>quit smoking
>coughing up this weird yellow phlegm
>its been like this all week
what is happening to me and how much longer is this going to last?
>>
>>39637455
Keto helped me lose 25lb and %10 bf down to ~12%. Eating fats a few hours and protein with small amount of high GI carbs about half an hour before lifts has given me a ton of energy.

After your body adjusts you can still eat about 60 grams of carbs without getting kicked out of ketosis. Takes about 3-4 weeks to adjust.
>>
>>39643259
Someone? Anyone?
>>
>>39643259
Christ how short are you if you need to carry on cutting from 64 kg?
>>
File: wing02a.jpg (11KB, 320x240px)
wing02a.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
Anyone ever suffer from a winged scapula?

I litterally fucking slept wierd one night last week and now my shoulder is completely fucked
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.