[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quitting smoking tomorrow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: smokingbunny.jpg (79KB, 800x1201px) Image search: [Google]
smokingbunny.jpg
79KB, 800x1201px
Any tips on how to actually make it. Little backstory. Started to smoke a 14, never really became a "habit" until college..then started to smoke a pack a day maybe jr/ sr year. Im 25 now.
>>
>>39628911
I was a tradesman pack a day smoker. Read a book called "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" by Allen Carr. Best $20 I ever spent. Quit cold turkey with none of the withdrawal symptoms. Went about 4 months and then was at a party and figured "well I beat my addiction so if I have one now, it won't be a big deal". Started smoking again hard. About 6 months later, reread the book. Quit again and now I'm close to 3 or 4 years smoke free (stopped counting desu)
>>
>>39629113
Sweet dude. Im happy for ya
>>
The fact that you say you want to quit, but are too much of a fucking moron to start today speaks volumes. "Tomorrow".

Fucking spare me faggot, the amount of times I've heard smokers say that shit is ridiculous.

You'll be back on the dart in a months time, guaranteed. You weak minded fool.
>>
>>39629134
I think the point made in the book that stuck with me the most was that, if you're a smoker, smoking doesn't elevate you or get you high. It literally brings you to a state of normalcy. It's how non-smokers feel all the time.
>>
>>39629233
I have also dabbled in the trades while in university ...I remember thinking that on one 100 degree day while laying flashing on some roof.... totally didnt stop me from smoking afterwards though.
>>
>>39628911
Yeah, I have a fucking tip: Don't wait till tomorrow you fucking retard. Also, whenever you feel like smoking go for a jog. It's not as hard as you think but your anxiety after quitting will make you feel like it is. It goes away after like 3 months. Then you live the rest of your life hating people who smoke and avoiding the smell because you realize how truly garbage the habit is.
>>
>>39628911
>hurdurr how do i stop poisoning my brain and body pls help hurrdurr
dont be a fucking idiot
>>
>>39629260
Tomorrow is already here.
>Time zones. How do they work
>>
>>39628911
Vape, thats how i did it
>>
>>39629233
>smoking doesn't elevate you or get you high. It literally brings you to a state of normalcy. It's how non-smokers feel all the time.

Fucking true. The only advantage to smoking is to have shit to do with your hands when you feel awkward. Its an expensive habit.
>>
File: reported.png (42KB, 398x578px) Image search: [Google]
reported.png
42KB, 398x578px
>>39629293
>being this gay
please leave
>>
>>39629113

I'll be 2 years quit in march. Two other attempts which lasted 6 months each where i started again because of drinking. There was 2 more attempts that lasted 2-3 weeks but they don't actually count.

The worse thing you can do is ever put another cigarette, vape, joint in your mouth again. I think I had a few puffs on a joint last march and as soon as I realised there was tobacco in it. I had to hand it back. If you do smoke weed but a vaporizer, and if you're too poor buy some marshmallow leaf to roll weed with.

I had a friend who smoked who would frequently come over and I would stand outside and smoke a cigarette made with marshmallow leaf and peppermint. They helped somewhat for getting over the fixation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.