[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sickness and lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: mononucleosis.jpg (331KB, 887x672px) Image search: [Google]
mononucleosis.jpg
331KB, 887x672px
I got diagnosed with mononucleosis. My tonsils are swollen so it hurts to eat. Should I go lift anyways? Doctor prescribed prednisolone.
>>
Why didn't you just ask your doctor dummy
>>
>>39627129
Prepare to lose your gains on prednisolone. how many mgs?
>>
>>39627477
Only 21 tabs @ 4mg. Why would I lose my gains? I've took two days off so far.
>>
>>39627129
you're pretty contagious. also on mono your spleen gets big and can burst if you lift heavy. you're out of it for at the very least a month.
>>
>>39627545
I was squatting 335 on Monday. Oh well.
>>
eat as much protons as you can, eat big and rest and you'll lose minimal muscle
>>
>>39627129
The absolute worst thing about mono (EBV) is many people only associate it with being a kissing disease, occurs once and then is gone forever.

The reality is that it's always with you, and many people who catch mono not only have an EBV outbreak later in life... it can be recurrent and/or chronic... very similar to herpes. If that's not bad enough, it's been linked to auto-immune diseases.... specifically fibromyalgia.

Say goodbye to your health bro, you dun goofed.

Now try not to catch herpes or your doubly fucked.
>>
>>39627609
If I take 800mg ibuprofen every 8 hrs and 200g protein ED will I fuck up my liver? I'm also on 400mg test-e. jfmsu
>>
>>39627624
kind of this

I got mononucleosis and shingles when I was 24 - right about the time I was the strongest and leanest I've ever been.

Anytime I endure long periods of stress, I feel the shit coming back.

Rest, but keep moving.
>>
>>39627887
Damn. I don't want this again.
>>39627432
Btw, the doctor prescribed me 875mg of Amoxicillin (antibiotic) before the bloodwork tested positive for mono. I'm off that now because I read it can worsen the symptoms.
>>
>>39628010
Just take it easy, but don't go cocoon mode - keep your body moving. Your lymphatic system needs activity.

Would strongly suggest you try to identify what may have led up to your coming down with mono - were you stressed, was something bothering you, did you push yourself really hard? As long as you learn your limits, you shouldn't get sick again.
>>
>>39628028
I don't know why I got this mono. I heard that the symptoms don't appear for 4-6 weeks after you get the virus. Gym, work, women? I was lifting everyday but I got fatigue so I'll go EOD.
>>
>>39628071
How old are you?

I've heard it's common in younger folks that live closely with other young folks (military, school, etc).
>>
>>39627129
Lifting while you have mono and a few weeks afterwards is not recommended. Your spleen swells up like a mofo and if you rupture it lifting, you will hemorrhage like crazy. Could die, bare minimum need surgery and you're out of the gym longer.

How the hell you have the energy for that is beyond me. When I had mono, I slept like sixteen hours a day and lost almost twenty pounds.
>>
>>39627129
Fuck dude my doctor told me that there was nothing I could take. He also said I can't lift or I'll blow out my liver or spleen something like that.
>>
>>39628095
I'm 23 been lifting 4 years natty now closing 1st cycle
>>39628100
Like I said I've been lifting ED but had to stop because my tonsils swollen. Can't eat right.
>>39628101
Bro how long you been feeling symptoms? Only a week here.
>>
>>39628173
>I'm 23 been lifting 4 years natty now closing 1st cycle

How hard did you push yourself?
>>
>>39628230
Well maybe that was too much. I'm looking for blog posts about mono and anabolics but cant find anything.
>>
>>39627477
>>39627535
Oh shit.
>Prednisone depletes protein stores. Muscles are where most body protein is stored. Protracted use of cortisone causes muscle wasting.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.