[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workout at work not working out with workout at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (388KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
388KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /fit/

So I've been working a warehouse job for the past two months. The job pays pretty well because I work in a -10°F environment for 12 hours a day. The cold really doesn't bother me too much since we are given enough cold weather gear to climb Mt. Everest.
The problem is that my position requires me to drive pic related. It's called walkie-rider. The one in the pic is a newer model with power steering but the warehouse in which I work has shitty old equipment without power steering and that makes things quite a bit tougher when steering 3000 lbs of rider+product. If you've ever used one for hours on end, you know what I'm talking about.
I steer the thing with my right arm, since I'm right-handed, and these past two months I've been noticing a bit more growth in my right bicep and shoulder compared to my left. It's even more noticeable when I flex. I would like to find a way to even out my physique and strength on both sides of my body.

Tl;dr: Is there anyway to even out the gains I make on my right side without specifically putting more emphasis on my left side during my workout?
>>
Steer with your left arm
Problem solved
>>
>>39625294
Should have mentioned in the OP. I'm not allowed to switch sides as that could be very dangerous to myself and others around me. Since I'm not used to it, it would be like learning all over again except much more difficult, and the bosses don't have time for that.
>>
>>39625323
Cant you steer with more emphasis on the left side with the right supporting you?
>>
>>39626896
Like direct my body with my left arm and use my bodyweight to turn the machine with a rigid right arm?
>>
I did something similar. is that Sygma?
>>
>>39625264
I do the same exact shit as you for 12 hours a day. When you lift stuff try to put more emphasis on your left side. Also you will tend to just start steering differently and your body will be accustomed to it. Things will even out over time
>>
>>39627151
OP here. Not sure what that is.

>>39627171
I don't lift much f a m as I am not a picker. I'm a simple runner who moves pallets around a warehouse at the moment because I'm still a temp.
>>
>>39627204
Well then try to use your bodyweight to steer more. Like for instance i will jam my hips into it to direct myself around
>>
>>39627214
This might be the only solution. It's more likely to cause problems with tight spaces due to me swinging my body everywhere but will probably make my arms a little less sore after a long work day.
>>
>>39625264
Do dumbells at the gym a couple times a week, your right arm will find it light weight and your left arm will find it heavier and they will even themselves out.
>>
>>39625294

:D

You are elegant and gracious, like a Kalshnikov ;)
>>
File: KettlebellBookFrontCover.jpg (174KB, 1023x956px) Image search: [Google]
KettlebellBookFrontCover.jpg
174KB, 1023x956px
>>39627204
>>39627214

Yeah, just pretend to sex the machine, get all close and cuddly with it, and lean.

Also, wishes of bosses, and whoever... they can put an egg in their shoe and beat it.

Just stay safe, and ride as you please.

Get a kettle-bell comrad.
>>
>>39625264
>>39627214
Also, steering it is easier when you're moving, dry turning or trying to turn when you're crawling is much harder.
>>
>>39627171
>>39627214
>>39627243
>>39627984
>>39628013

Thanks for the help anons. Much appreciated.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.