[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I eat 400 g of canned tuna, how much g of that can my body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: salmon.jpg (34KB, 572x270px) Image search: [Google]
salmon.jpg
34KB, 572x270px
If I eat 400 g of canned tuna, how much g of that can my body use as protein?
What about chicken breast, cottage cheese, whole milk, ground beef, etc.?
>>
>>39624806
400g of tuna will get you mercury poisoning
while their's no real evidence to it but too much tuna isn't healthy for you, 2 cans (100g of lean tuna) a day max
your body can't really process excesive amounts of protein at once, say you take 5 scoops and drink it all at once, cool you just took in <100g of protein, that's enough for today
you won't make much use of it, just piss and shit most of it out, a general rule of thumb is to not eat more than 50g of protein in one meal, athletes have a faster and more developed metabolism so they can get away with more than that
also vary your protein intake, dairy products have a different amino acid profile than say beef or chicken
>>
>>39624932
meant to say >100g
>>
>>39624932
I think I get you, but does that mean that 100 g of tuna filet = 100 g of pure protein that the body will use at 100% efficiency?
Another example: if I eat 200 g of chicken breast, does that mean that my body will receive 200 g of protein?

Not sure if I'm making sense, but I suppose my question is how bioavailable is the protein from our food?
>>
>>39625021
100g of tuna fillet has about 30g of pure protein, every lean meat has about that much, learn to read nutritional labels
your body will use as much protein as it needs, no more, no less, if you're more active, than naturally you will require more protein for your body to rebuild itself, if you take in too much protein than that can lead to kidney failure, it occasionally happens to lifting newcomers who just bought their first batch of whey and start scoopin like crazy cause they think it'll get them mad gainzzz
if you just started lifting, than I suggest no more than 100g of protein a day, increase that ammount over time as you become stronger and your workouts become more intense
also, READ THE FUCKING STICKY, it has all the information you need and then some
>>
>>39625193
Thank-you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.