[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shoulder exercises with a permanently injured solider?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: ween-er.jpg (880KB, 2199x1235px) Image search: [Google]
ween-er.jpg
880KB, 2199x1235px
hallo /fit/

i separated my left shoulder twice, and have permanent injury that would need surgery to fix. however the doctor said that he would avoid surgery until a last resort. i have nearly 100% mobility, but some consistent pain that i have become accustomed to.

i've been working on becoming fit, but i've read that push ups are bad for the shoulder. free weights are probably an option, but i don't know the risks of injury.

any suggestions on how to work my arms, back and shoulders without further damaging my broken wing?
>>
File: shoulderok-h.jpg (45KB, 736x464px) Image search: [Google]
shoulderok-h.jpg
45KB, 736x464px
I highly suggest you buy a shoulder rok. I dislocated my left shoulder this time last year doing snatches, and couldn't even bench the bar for 3 months. I did almost no upper body for 6 months. Been using the shoulder rok almost everyday I lift since then . A year later almost to the day, I benched 315x5 (last saturday).

Make your rear delts stronger than your front delts and you'll be golden. Surgery will only further fuk you. Most doctors don't know what they are talking about.
>>
>>39623871
Whats that? How do you use it?
>>
>>39623946
https://youtu.be/Rb2OBb7blMo
Watch this vid.
>>
>>39623946
Meme exercise bar. You screw plates on the end and you workout shoulders, lats and core by basically swinging it behind your head and then putting it in a resting position in front of you like a sword.

Seen indians do it, looks fun. Builds decent shoulders but its excellent in mobility work.
>>
>>39623984
>dat finger
the fuck
>>
>>39623871
Is a fucking idiot if he thinks he can give you any advice without knowing the details of the injury/permanent injury. Details please, include which muscles/joints at what lateral and forward elevation degree does pain begin?

I have a a grade 3 AC joint seperation, learned about my anotomy, learned about various theraputic techniques for my shoulder (did lots of nerve damage too), did a half iron triathalon, ohp 175lbs, pull ups at +80lbs, power clean at 205 lbs.

For me compensating movements with different muscles works, for you it might too (i specifically use a kot of serratus and rhomboid in everyday movements)
>>
>>39623984
looks interesting, i'll check it out, thanks.

have you had no shoulder issues with the behind the back reach?

i've been using resistant bands. they've been helping expand my mobility and building the foundation.
>>
>>39624059
OP here

i don't know the exact specifics of my injury in regards to muscle groups, but i can tell you my clavicle is out of place, and is now protruding up, compared to my other side, where it is flush across my shoulder and down my arm.

the pain is more of a heat that comes and lingers, especially after doing pushups. i've been practicing my form, but it lingers, so i want to explore other options out of fear of further injury.

i would be interested to hear about your recovery efforts, and what worked for you.

obviously i'm not going to jump into anything without proper consultation, but i figured it would be interesting to hear from this community.

thanks
>>
>>39624059
Really makes you think.
>>
Don't know exactly what the nature of your injury is OP, but I injured my shoulder, also need surgery, and I find that using neutral grip for what I can (ie rows, OHP machine,) helps
Also I seem to be able to bench press, but I have to keep absolute perfect form.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.