[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when did you start lifting >do you wish you started earlier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1247.jpg (54KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1247.jpg
54KB, 480x480px
>when did you start lifting
>do you wish you started earlier

I'm 18 and did some lifting back when I was 15 and made some gains but some fucked up shit happened and made me quit and I kinda fucked up my life temporarily and I'm trying to fix it again...
>>
>>39622795
wish i would've started cycling at 18, started at 30 which is kinda late in my opinion but whatever. you have all the time in the world
>>
>>39622795
started 18, now 22.
Wish i started at like 14-15 when growth spurt started
>>
>>39622832
Just a question since I'm going to start at a similar age as you. Will people at the gym give a fuck if I'm weak as shit when I first get there? I litteraly played no sports in highschool other than the ocasional boxing matches with my buddies after school.

I'll go reguardless but I tend to lose motivation if I see people looking at me disapprovingly...
>>
>>39622883
No body cares man I go there to lift not to care about what other people are doing. Just use good form and push yourself and over time you'll be decently strong and have a nicer body. Its better to start now than to wait and wish you starter sooner
>>
>>39622795
Started at 23, 27 now. Not sure if I should have started earlier.
>>
File: 1453499978001.jpg (57KB, 399x535px) Image search: [Google]
1453499978001.jpg
57KB, 399x535px
Serious lifting?
Started with 20.
I wish that my parents had cared and put me in some sportclubs.
Probally i wont be the weird lifting lonely autist without friends today.
>>
>>39622795
Did a Test cycle at 21.
Tren cycle at 22 and then cruised test

Appendix exploded, caused Peritonitis. Arms went from 16 inch to 13.5 inches within a single week. Lost all games, quit lifting.

Now I just take the dog out for a run every day. Arms back up to 14.5 inches, considering I haven't touched a weight since.
>no longer a lifter
Feel much better though
>>
>>39622883
NOBODY gives a shit neither positive nor negative.
just go to a gym, you can ask other people in a gym most people will give you tips or show you how to do exercises.
>>
used to be towards the skinny side, started eating more and doing push ups at 14 but never got the balls to go to the gym til 18
>>
Started when I was 22. I spent ages 18-22 sitting in my computer chair drinking soda, eating very little and staying up all night. I did in my school years too, but I had reasons to wake up and I was more active because of gym class and doing general shit with friends (when we actually had to bike to get around).
I was 58kg skinnyfat at 5'7 when I started lifting. 75kg now, almost two years later.
>>
>>39622795
started at 33 (midlife crisis, lol).
Old bear mode incoming
>>
>>39622883
In my experience, people only disapprove of using gym equipment poorly or have bad gym etiquette.

It's very refreshing to see someone lifting light weight with proper form versus someone moving heavier weight with terrible form.

Everyone who is big has been at that point where they had to stop fucking around, swallow their pride, and get reps in with light weights, because lifting weights that you can't actually lift won't get you any meaningful progress and will more than likely get you injured.

And if you were to load up excessive weight on a barbell and cheat-curl in the squat rack, that's poor etiquette, so don't do goofy ass shit like that cause it won't help you.
>>
>20
>I think almost everyone answers yes because seriously who is seriously lifting at 15 years old? Because optimally that's when you should start lifting
>>
Started lifting at 15, made decent progress, got injured in high school football, couldn't lift for about a year, started taking it seriously again at 19 back in may and I'm almost back up to my 2pl8 bench, which is where my bench was at before my injury.

Also only started squatting with decent, full ROM form about 2 months ago so only squatting 2pl8 ATG for sets of 5, but it's steadily going up.

While it's good to push yourself hard in the gym, it's more important to be consistent and sustainable in your workouts. You don't get big overnight.
>>
>>39622883
>Just a question since I'm going to start at a similar age as you. Will people at the gym give a fuck if I'm weak as shit when I first get there?

What the fuck? No. No one gives a fuck about you unless you're a good looking girl

That's pretty good rule in life
>>
>>39622795
>27
>fuck yes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.