[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 33

File: Camp.jpg (34KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Camp.jpg
34KB, 512x384px
Thread for total noobs.

Ask me anything. I am here to help. 12 years lifting experience.

>QTDDTOT
>>
>>39619726
Where can I purchase gear in Australia?
>>
Should I stay on SS if I'm seeing minimal size gains and my goal is to increase mass?
>>
Will you still be here tomorrow?
>>
How do I start
>>
>>39619740
How long have you been on it? What are your lifts?
SS will make it easier to gain a lot of mass later on by strengthening your bones, allowing you to lift heavier weights for hypertrophy, etc.
>>
>>39619764
read the sticky. figure out your goals. pick a diet and workout routine that fits your goals.
>>
>>39619732
amazon.com

I have never been there so I dont know if you all have a Dicks Sporting Goods or what. Google search sporting good stores in AU

>>39619750
Probably.

>>39619764
Decide if you want to spend money on a gym membership or if you would rather buy some stuff and work out at home. I dont mind paying 30$ a month for a membership.
>>
File: 7907805.jpg (20KB, 318x369px) Image search: [Google]
7907805.jpg
20KB, 318x369px
I'm reading this right now complete noob to exercising, I'm a little skinnyfat and want to gain weight and muscle

is bodyweight on its own worse than normal routines or should it incorporated into something with actual weights?
>>
Going to the gym tmw to lift for the first time

Plan on doing the "stripped" 5x5 I found on a beginner fitness blog

What I'm most worried about: how do I know if my form is good or not? Should I look in the mirror while I lift?

Also wondering about common noob mistakes, like egregious ones that would make other ppl at the gym hate me.
>>
>>39619810
Bodyweight on it's own can help you immensely.
Also, a person who is advanced when it comes to bodyweight can easily outlift midlevel lifters.
>>
File: fdfdfdf.png (289KB, 594x615px) Image search: [Google]
fdfdfdf.png
289KB, 594x615px
at-least do a search in the queue before posting your thread.
>>
What are the best routine to make sure I get my upper abdominal a and obliques? I have tried many but only feel soreness in my lower.
>>
Cur butt wink when squatting?
>>
Are bunless Chik-fil-a clubs acceptable food?

I've been mad for the cheese and bacon. If I eat two without buns is that better than one with fries?
>>
>>39619819
Stick to the machines then, its hard to have poor form on a machine.

Look up in youtube, the exercises you plan on doing; to see good form.

Good Form is usually a steady motion just with the part of your body you are working out. For example its poor form to thrust your crotch when curling. Stand still and only move your arms. For me, I sit on an incline bench to do curls, it forces me to have better form.

>>39619828
This thread is specially for Noob questions.

>>39619830
Try crunches instead of sit ups. Also lay your legs over to the side for obliques, but you arent going to have killer abs and obliques until you get close to and under 10% BF

>>39619833
wat

>>39619854
Try to limit that kind of stuff. Grilled chicken breast with no bread is a better options. The bad thing about bread and buns is that its enriched flour. Its not whole wheat.
>>
I'm doing pretty good /fit/, I've kept most of the weight off (80lbs) I'm coming out of being injured and sick, feeling some energy and will.

Only problem is the weight I did gain is right at my waist (hank hill figure currently) and I can't button my fucking pants. I downsized all my pants when I lost weight and it's really shitty to not be able to wear anything. Some days are better than others but I'm clearly a 39-40 trying to get into 38s.

Is there something quickish but healthy I can do to trim my beltline? I just want quick step so I can get into my current clothes and then get back to actually eating /fit/ and doing more.

Ideas?

tl;dr: what do you actually do when you can't button your pants?
>>
File: tmp_1026-1479935324490-630554823.jpg (101KB, 770x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_1026-1479935324490-630554823.jpg
101KB, 770x1024px
Why is my deadlift so shit? I've been lifting for four months now and my squat has now surpassed my deadlift. I'm a lanky dude, could that be a problem with deadlifts? been stuck at 80kg for three weeks now.
>>
>>39619890

I'm not the OP, but where's your point of failure on the deadlift? When you can pinpoint that, it'll become trivial to figure out how to solve it.
>>
>>39619726
Should I do bench at the beginning of my workout instead of at the end? I cant hit the same weight as I would normally be able to if I do it at the end. Or should I be taking longer rests inbetween sets.
>>
>>39619877
do you even know what QTDDTOT means
>>
>>39619877
>Try to limit that kind of stuff. Grilled chicken breast with no bread is a better options. The bad thing about bread and buns is that its enriched flour. Its not whole wheat.

yeah, I know, I only get the grilled chicken no bun. I don't eat the bun either way, don't get the breaded chicken.

I'm just curious if getting bacon and cheese added is really that bad. If I don't get the bacon and cheese I'm much more likely to eat fries.

I hardly ever eat out and chic-fil-a is like one of two places I actually can go.
>>
>>39619833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeqEWLvtZJw

this "12 year vet" is garbage he's got shit advice everybody.
>>
23 here. If I start lifting now, can I become Greco-Roman natty before I hit 26?
>>
>>39619932
sure why not
>>
>>39619740
SS is for strength not mass. You need to get on a hypertrophy routine for mass, there's a list you can pick from in the sticky.
>>
I've plateaued and can't seem to make any progress at all despite overeating.

Any advice?
>>
>>39619940
he'll just end up having to strength train later anyway. you don't know much about this do you?
>>
>>39619886
try Keto!

>>39619890
Being lnaky is not helping. Where do you feel your failure point is? grip? knees? Legs? Can you get the weight up at all?

>>39619913
I always do Bench first because its compound. I rest around 2min in between sets. depending on what you want to do some studies say 3 min, some say 45 seconds.

>>39619914
Questions that dont deserve their own threads.

>>39619920
When you do eat that make sure it fits into your daily allowance of Fat. All things in moderation friend.
>>
>>39619939
Because I sit in an office chair for 18 hours a day.
>>
>>39619962
Next time don't make a QTDDTOT thread without searching the catalogue. Having two up just splits the advice in half and clogs the catalogue.

>>39619952
How long have you been lifting? What's your routine and what are you current weights? Height/Weight as well as TDEE? How's your sleep?
>>
>>39619932
3 years is a lot of time to make some be changes. Go for it. Even if you fail you will still benefit from being fit

>>39619940
If you want Strength I always recommend ladder up to max routines, that helped me a LOT when i was younger. For Mass, gotta make some tares and hit 3 types of failure.

>>39619952
Be more specific please. what if your goal. Mass or Strength? What do you want to accomplish.

>>39619959
IDK who he is, I am the OP not him.
>>
>>39619901
>>39619962
I feel like my grip is fine, I can get the weight up but only two or three times before my legs start shaking when I try again, like spasms in my upper legs. I try to keep my core tight, pull myself towards the bar and then lift with mostly my legs. Am I doing something wrong? Could foot placement be an issue?
>>
>>39619973
Cry more.
>>
how do i get rid of gyno?
>>
>>39619977
>Be more specific please. what if your goal. Mass or Strength? What do you want to accomplish.

Mass, but I doubt I'm gaining much mass if I'm not making any progression in weight..
>>
>>39619984
Surgery is the only way known at this time. Sorry. Ask your doctor if you REALLY think you have it, most people are just chubby

>>39619982
i recommend looking at your form and making sure its 100% if it is then maybe your squat form is not up to snuff and thus why youre squatting more than dead lifting. Maybe you cant squat as much if you do it 100% correct form.

>>39619988
Whats your diet look like. Just raw calories is not as good as a well balanced macro.
>>
>>39620004
>Whats your diet look like. Just raw calories is not as good as a well balanced macro.

Raw calories + Whey at ~ 1 g/lb protein.
>>
>>39619988
>but I doubt I'm gaining much mass
you haven't been measuring?

Have you been counting calories?
>>
How does the "grams/lb" metric work for protein? Should I be cramming 250g of protein down my gullet on lift days?
>>
>>39620015
ok so we will address this as an exercise issue and not just a diet issue. If you want to get more mass, say for example in your biceps, you need to do curls with a full range of motion until failure. Then youre going to, with more weight, just lock your arms at half range of motion and just hold it for as long as you can until you fail on that. Then you would want to jump on a cable machine and do negatives until failure.

Let me show you this video that explains it better. He addresses the 3 types of failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54krdTEyziQ
>>
>>39620030
for along time I only did 90grams a day and I though 160grams would be a meme. I started doing 160grams and I actually got better results. So there is some truth to it. (I weighed 90kg/160lbs at that time)
>>
>>39620024

I count calories.

Measure my muscle mass? How?

>>39620035

You do that for every set? Or just once per exercise?
>>
>>39620030
0.8g/lb of body mass is enough for anyone, even bodybuilders. Olympic lifters and bodybuilders do 1g per pound of weight, though there are no studies that show this improves lifts or muscle growth.
>>
>>39620004
I guess it wont hurt to have someone look at my squat/deadlift. Thanks m8
>>
>>39620051
>Measure my muscle mass? How?
You weigh yourself every week. If you're diet is right you should be gaining about a pound per week.

How many calories are you eating per day? How much protein are you intaking? What's your height and weight?
>>
How can I tell if I'm undertraining or overtraining?
>>
>>39620074
Post your work out and your personal stats. I never work out more than 1.5 hours.
>>
>>39620077

I'm doing PPLPPLx and it's coming to about 30 minutes a day.
>>
>>39620085
please post the actual work out
>>
Been lifting for 5 months here, burned almost 40 pounds going from 240 to 204 at 6'2.

Problem is I have an estrogenic fat pattern, lots of stubborn fat around the thighs, ass and belly.

I know you can't focus burn fat off of any area but would it help to focus some exercises in this area? I already do a fuck ton of leg raises and I used to squat a lot at the start to chisel away my ass but degeneration in thoracic spinal disks demanded a break from the squatting.

What are some good exercises to focus on this area around my waist?

Also I regularly eat broccoli but thinking I should add more and have started to add kale to my protein shakes. Is this anti estrogen food shit a meme?
>>
>>39620096
Push:
4x8 bench
4x8 flys
4x8 skullcrushers

Pull:
4x8 Chinup
4x8 Bent over row
4x8 Curl

"Leg":
4x8 Squats
4x8 Lateral raises
>>
What's the best way to get to be able to go from being unable to do a single unassisted pull up to doing many?
>>
>>39620118
When it comes to that kind of thing consider taking Zinc, Garlic, Grapeseed oil, Vit D

these wont make you produce MORE test than you naturally can but that help you make the amount you are naturally supposed to. Also be sure you look at raw zinc amounts. Zinc Gluconate or whatever is only like 13% elemental zinc..

Its not going to hurt to add Kale.
>>
>>39620129
Use a chair or stool to do them. Use the assisted pull up machine. Do accessories for the muscles involved in a pull up. Progressive overload.
>>
>>39620071

I kept upping my calories after not making progress. I got up to 3000 Calories/day. I'm 5'10" and ~160 lbs.

1 g protein/1 lb bodyweight

I was gaining more than a pound/week when I was finally gave up and started cutting.

And weighing myself doesn't work very well. There's too much noise. I randomly gain or lose like 1-2 lbs every day. I assume it's food and water weight.
>>
>>39620123
youre under training IMO.

try this

Bench
incline bench
shoulder raises
Tri cep cable pull downs
--
Seated Curls
Hammer Curls
Chin up
Rows
Lat Pull Downs
--
Squats
Leg Extensions
Hamstring Curls
Calf Raises
Deadlifts
Romanian Dead Lifts

Hit a muscle more than one way. Also consider your rows. Some do more back and others do more rear deltoid.
>>
>>39620129
Lat Pull Down cable. Master it, Ladder up 3 x 10. Each set go up 10lbs or so.
>>
>>39620160
Yeah just get on the scales once a week. Every day is crazy random numbers.

5'10 160 is a hard zone to be in.
>>
>>39620186

Yeah, but if I can lose 2 lbs in one day, why should I trust it if it says I lost 2 lbs in a week?
>>
>>39620193
because you care about FAT not water and food weight.

think of it like a trend graph, its going to be jumpy but overall going down while being jumpy.
>>
I've been doing starting strength and when I started, I weighed 260 lbs. it's been about 5 months and I now weigh 263 lbs despite looking tinier and my clothes fitting and feeling much lighter.

I can currently squat 250 lbs, and deadlift 260 lbs right now. Am I expected to have this pot belly of mine for awhile now? Because I noticed that not really anyone changes how they look while they do this routine, unless they were skinny to begin with.

If I have to switch a routine out of SS, do I really have to pick and choose between losing weight or gaining muscle? Because I kind of like being this strong
>>
>>39619726
I read that farmer's carries are good for increasing grip strength but my shoulder's literally can't support the weight long before my forearms/hands start to feel any burn. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
Is it okay to have a boner while a chick is grinding on you (at a rave) or is that weird?
>>
>>39620214
You basically have to bulk or cut. I suggest you cut but lift to maintain your strength and lean mass
>>
>>39620229
Oh, so I had to cut then? Alright, I've been doing SS with no cardio in general. But I guess that means I have to add some form of it in then to help out with the cutting process.

Is it more reasonable to expect a lb a loss per month then? Or does cutting lose more than that if I've done it correctly?

It's kind of hard for me to figure out if I'm eating enough every day when I feel constantly hungry.

Even after eating my fill of rice and chicken.
>>
>>39619726
What calorie surplus is best for lean bulking? I've heard people say anything from 300 to 500 additional calories.
>>
I cant afford enough food to bulk, what kind of food can i use to bulk.
>>
>>39620220
You might be pulling your weight up a bit to try and support the weight or slouching forward. Try to look at your form but if everything is a-ok work on your shoulders cause its pretty crazy to imagine that your grip is stronger than your shoulders and traps, that's why i think form is to blame
>>
>>39620160
like the other anon said, weighing yourself daily is nonsense. It leads to stress and anxiety, particularly if it seems like you're not making progress. Weigh yourself once weekly (preferably on the same day) in the same conditions: After you take a shit and before you eat any food. I find that a big cup of coffee first thing in the morning helps get things moving and it's easy to subtract the coffee weight.

I would suggest eating less calories and protein (you only need 0.8g per pound of bodyweight). According to most TDEE calculators you only have a TDEE of roughly 2100. I doubt you're burning 400 calories in the gym, so I'd say reduce your intake to 2700 calories.
>>
>>39620302
Milk.
>>39620168
>2 types of deadlifts on the same day as squat while having a full accessory day in the previous day
>leg extensions and not leg press
12 years of lifting to be retarded? This the kind of guy giving "noobs" advice.
>>
>>39620264

I'm skinnyfat and I lost 9 lbs last month. Only lifting for 3 months, down from 202---> 178.

Just make sure there is tons of protien in your diet man.

I've actually added on strength too during the cut.

Cutting fast is fine, the sooner you get to skeleton mode, the sooner you can bulk and add some muscle man.
>>
>>39620193
Weight fluctuates daily based on a variety of things.

Did you consume more sodium than usual? Could retain more water. Did you poop at all yesterday? You could have 1-2 pounds of shit in you. Have you drank anything? etc. etc.

Weighing daily is pointless, particularly if they're not in the same conditions.
>>
>>39620168
Pure shit whst did you do in the last 12 years
>>
>>39620214
You'll look better if you cut and you're not going to lose than much strength. It's your choice though and going strongman mode is totally up to you.
>>
>>39620295
Basically everyone says 400-500 calories. It's all preference from there.
>>
>>39620357

Basically everyone says +250.

+500 is only for rodiers. It allows you to get the maximum gains out of your cycle.

You're retarded bulking +500 as a natty. You will need to cut for twice as long (duh) or cut at a larger deficiet at the cost of lean mass
>>
>>39620363
>>39620357
It'd probably be easier just to due smaller cycles of bulking and cutting.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
>>
So is cold showers just a meme, anyone here noticed a difference?
>>
Would it be alright if I did the same accessory work every workout (curls, kickbacks and lateral raises 3x12) regardless of the main lifts I did?
Also would it be bad if I did pull-ups and push-ups every DAY?
>>
>>39620436

Noticed a huge difference, I used to relax and enjoy my showers, now they are literal suffering for no benefit at all.

Oh well, at least I have become oh so much more disciplined.

It's just fucking people that don't have the DISCIPLINE like I do to freeze their dick off for zero reason for zero benefit that don't do cold showers.

They wish they had this """"discipline""" and this much autism
>>
Can I ask for a form check?
https://youtu.be/N_5pw7fJK90
https://youtu.be/fjSVtNrUVp8
>>
File: ballislife.gif (886KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
ballislife.gif
886KB, 500x382px
Recommendations on how to get my pull ups to increase? I can't seem to break 3 and I've been doing 3xF twice a week
>>
What's the consensus on lifting barefoot? I think getting used to it just as I'm just starting out (right under 2pl8 squat) will lead to better mobility, stronger tendons and small feet muscles, etc. in the future. Can I keep lifting barefoot as my squat gets heavier and heavier, or should I start saving up for olympic shoes soon (not planning to compete or anything)?

Note that I'm severely flat-footed, but I have achieved pretty decent mobility. I can do 12 pistol squats with perfect form (barefoot), and I squat the barbell ATG all the time, focusing on form instead of numbers.
>>
>>39619726
christmas is coming up. Are foam rollers worth it if you lift 4 days a week and go running 1-2 days per week?
>>
keto vs CICO balance diet

is there any advantage or is it just memes. Advantage in regards to the rate at which you lose fat not water.
>>
>>39620620
Nie zle, ale nizej.
>>
>>39620660
Have you been doing any other upper back work?
Perfor
>>
>>39620672
pls respond
>>
>>39620695
>>39620660
Performance differs depending on how far your arms are apart as well.
>>
I normally rest 1 minute in between sets (8-12)

But with deadlifts I rest a lot more (usually no more than 10). After I'm done with a set I just feel knackered and need more recovery time before I feel confident that I can perform as well as I want for the next set. Am I doing it right?
>>
>>39620592
fokn kekd
>>
>>39620668
depends. Will you be named Reek after you take your shoes off or freshcut spring flowers with a dash of melon.
>>
>>39620881
yes. I always rest for 2-3 minutes despite doing 8-12 reps. I would consider deadlift to be the most taxing of all the big four so if you don't feel 100% when approaching the bar, no point forcing it. I've noticed most people take 5-10 on it unless they're doing babyweight or drop sets.
>>
>>39620575
anyone?
>>
>>39620575
accessory work, sure. I wouldn't do pullups every fukken day tho. They're pretty taxing and might lead to having a decline in the gym from not recovering fast enough.
>>
Any exercise to strengthen the lower back?

My 1RM for high bar ATG squats and deadlift are 90 and 100kg respectively. I feel like my legs could easily deliver more, but my lower back might cave even though I brace my core.

t. 5'6, 60kg asian dyel
>>
>>39621018
Could be your entire core desu. But things you might consider trying and see if they suit: hanging barbell back extensions, heavy deadlifts low reps, burpees, romanian deadlifts with perfect form, planks.
>>
File: serveimage[1].jpg (215KB, 928x1391px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage[1].jpg
215KB, 928x1391px
>>39619726
Hey guys, does anyone know of any reputable sources proving this old thing wrong?

And by reputable sources, I mean people who made their PHDs and such
>>
>>39621000
>>39620881
thanks. btw when I said "usually no more than 10" I meant reps on the deadlift, not minutes. Maybe 6 minutes might be what I take usually.
>>
What do you fags that lift in the morning eat pre-workout?
I'll probably have to shift my lifting to the AM, but I know that I really need some calories before.
I tried lifting fasted but that sucked. I lifted in the morning over a year ago and ate a huge bowl of oats, but that isn't really great either just an hour before the workout.
>>
>>39619726
I have to take a two-week break from the gym due to university exams.
How much muscle/strength/gains will I lose in this time period?
I go to the gym 3x a week.
>>
>>39621053
Thanks, senpai. I currently do SLDLs 2 exercises after heavy squats and my back hates me for it during the lifts.
>>
>>39621153
Coffee with milk or sometimes 1 banana with the coffee. If you are a morning eater I'd consider making oats with whatever the fuck senpai.
>>39621176
Not much. Expect 1 week of DOMs and a little psychological fatigue. Even if you got to take a kilo or two off your lifts it'll be back up in that week.
>>
Can i just do 40/40/20 nutrition after a keto or should i slowly add carbs?
>>
File: 1476966419696.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1476966419696.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>39621083
>10 reps on diddly
wew lad
>>
>>39619982
How low are your hips when you start the lift?
>>
>>39619726
Hey niggas, finally starting to crawl out of the total noob zone, and there are a couple things I still haven't figured out.

What is the best rep range for building practical strength and muscle? I was doing 4 sets of 10, but recently started doing 4-5 sets of 6-8 but with going heavier.

Can I increase endurance exercises on a cut? For example, pushups, situps, etc. I only have success for increasing my run times during a cut, toward the end of my last cut I felt like total dog shit and my lifts (and even my pushups) were actually going down slightly.

What would you nogs suggest for "catching up" to other people? I want to apply for a job that requires physical activity in a year or two, and naturally that means I'm physically competing with others in the area of general fitness. Since I've spent a large part of my life being sedentary, my recent gains are as nothing to the gains of others. Is there anything special you'd suggest for somebody like me, or should I just keep hitting it hard?
>>
When SL says deload after failing with the same weight is it failing 3 sets or over 3 sessions? Because I only got one full set of OHP last night, do I start the deload next time or try with the same weight twice more? Am I overthinking this?
>>
File: 1479378711053.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1479378711053.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
Huuuge pain in my hips (most probably from doing squats)

It's not all the time, I just get a sharp as fuck pain in my left/right hip and almost every time I fall to the ground since it's so painful and i can barely stand, and then it's completely normal after a minute or two.

Gluteus medius and hip flexor stretches helped, but they didn't solve the problem, help me pls anons
>>
>>39621810
>When SL says deload after failing with the same weight is it failing 3 sets or over 3 sessions? Because I only got one full set of OHP last night, do I start the deload next time or try with the same weight twice more? Am I overthinking this?

3 sessions breh, just install the app, it will do the deloading automatically for you
>>
>>39621389
>What is the best rep range for building practical strength and muscle?
4x8 is fine. It doesn't sound like you've been at it for too long, so I'd stick to that.

>Can I increase endurance exercises on a cut? For example, pushups, situps, etc.
Why?

>What would you nogs suggest for "catching up" to other people?
Trying to catch up to others is what gets you hurt. Two years is plenty of time to become very fit, so just keep doing what you're doing.
>>
>>39620695
>>39620713
I do Yates rows, and I usually use the standard grip for pull ups
>>
>>39620660
18 reps a week is very few.
Try a higher volume approach. Maybe 70 a week or so.
>>
2 things. Sorry for the blog.

1 - Motivation. What does everyone else use to motivate themselves? I need to get back on the path but I can't bring myself to for whatever reason. I used to be really disciplined before I injured myself but now I've just lost it all.

2 - shit I can do while recovering from wrist surgery. Other than the obvious bike, run, leg press. Or is it just 'do all that stuff and don't eat like a retard, build upper body back up once I've recovered'?
>>
File: mastnatty.jpg (35KB, 360x378px) Image search: [Google]
mastnatty.jpg
35KB, 360x378px
>>39622017
> What does everyone else use to motivate themselves?
Goals, like pic related and competion with other gym members.
Well, we dont speak about it, but we know that there is a kind of rivality.
>>
I have long arms and bringing the bar to my chest when benching means going below parallel. Should I be doing this? Feels bad for my shoulders
>>
>>39622047

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAa8PSh3Dik
>>
Yesterday i went the first time to the gym and today when i woke up im so fucking sore. Its not like i would just be stiff but my legs actually hurt when i stand up and i cant squat down.

So is it a good idea to go to the gym tomorrow?
>>
File: 1476465354353.jpg (62KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
1476465354353.jpg
62KB, 968x745px
>>39622043
>like pic related
>>
>>39622392
if the muscles that youre gonna train tomorrow are not sore then go ahead
>>
>>39619726
Does my creatine intake go towards my daily protein intake?

How should I eat after working out? Should I be getting a surplus of calories, or should I just focus on getting to my daily protein goal?
>>
>>39622401
well im doing golden six so yes i would train legs also

is it a good idea to do like leg press instead of squats tomorrow? im afraid of getting crushed under the weights because im so sore
>>
>>39622006
How would I go about doing that? Just more sets, more days a week? Should I try using assist machines to get more reps?
>>
>>39622550
soreness won't make you significantly weaker after a day rest

working those muscles groups will actually help your soreness
>>
>>39619726
Does it matter when you lift? Newly home gym here

Can I do bench press at 3pm then dead lift at 5pm?
>>
Are there any alternatives to squats because I dont have a squat rack
>>
>>39619726
I started to go the gym two months ago and slowly increased my bench press by 10lb increments every three days or when I felt comfortable going to the next iteration.

One day I was supposed to hit 145 and by accident hit 165, doing five reps and on the last rep hurt my ulnar nerve (I googled it).

Should I wait for it to be complete normal not do bench press or just lower my bench press weight to say 135 and slowly build it up again?
>>
>>39622620
More sets. Add lat pulldowns as well.

>>39622639
It won't matter.

If you hurt your ulnar nerve it suggests you have an imbalance somewhere, most likely in your shoulker. Do more pull ups, stretch your pec properly and massage your bicep to loosen it.
>>
hey newbie here. have read sticky and have been going to gym. im a wee little manlet at 5'7 weigh ~170. my goal is to bench, squat, my bodyweight. to give you an example of my strength i cant even do 1 unweighted pullup but pushups i do 200 every other day but thats in sets of 20. anyway i hurt my back recently squatting because i have no experience lifting and dont know shit about form. How would you reccomend getting form down.
>>
>>39622408
If you have been lifting under 3 years you just need to get your macros with no consideration on timing at all.
>>
>>39622620
2-3 reps is outside of the number of reps most people would aim for in a working set, like 5x5 or 3x8. So you can either do a lot of sets to get reps in (I don't think doing 5 sets of pull ups a day is a bad idea.), or you can do, say 3x8 or 5x5, three times a week and fill up each set with negatives. That's what I did when I started out.
For a negative just hop vertically into the top position and lower yourself really slowly.
>>
>>39622661
What kind of pullups, do you have a video? I'm doing pullups on the machine assisted will slowly lower the weight until hopefully one day I can pull up by myself. :D
>>
>>39622691
Pull ups are palmsfacing away from you.
Chin ups are palms towards you.
>>
>>39622707
Cool, I'm doing wide, palms facing away from me.
>>
>>39622672
Watch videos, learn the cues for form and practice.

Not being retarded also helps.

Your goals shouldn't take long at all. Like 3 months tops.
>>
>>39622714

Thanks.

>>Not being retarded also helps.

gonna have a hard time with that one.
>>
>>39622633
ok thanks i will just squat eventho it will propably make me cry
>>
>>39619726
I walk to and from work, 4 miles each way. I also walk and stand for 8 hours in between for work. By the time I'm almost home my feet ache like a motherfucker, is there any remedy to this or is it as simple as "your feet will get used to it"?

Also, I wear boots for work. Don't know if that matters
>>
>>39619726
would replacing squats with leg press and diddlys with rack pulls be that back. Keeping in mind that I purely workout for aesthetics
>>
>>39622785
how tall are your boots? you might need more ankle support
>>
Is it normal to be slightly sore after a workout, but completely stiff and sore the day after?
>>
I'm looking for an at home workout based on body weight. Local gym is garbage and traveling isn't an option.
>>
>>39622854
Probably like three inches above my ankle. I usually don't keep them fully tightened so that would make sense
>>
>>39622747
the difference between soreness and pain is pretty clear. If real pain appears stop.
>>
>>39622909
Maybe see the rr on r/bodyweightfitness
>>
>>39622879
Yes, that's called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, or DOMS for short. It's perfectly normal.
>>
>>39621222
Thanks. I think I'll do a short home workout every day to reduce the loss of gains during this exam season.
>>
>>39622879
>Is it normal to be slightly sore after a workout, but completely stiff and sore the day after?
it's normal for begginers, after a week or two you wont feel anything after a workout and that will make you feel awesome
>>
strained sartorius. just getting dressed hurts.
will it recover on its own or should I see a doctor?
>>
File: 54454545.jpg (80KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
54454545.jpg
80KB, 500x596px
If i can only do like 3 reps in my workout should i remove weight or should i just try to survive and build strenght off it?
>>
>>39623063
what are your goals, what program are you following?
>>
>>39622922
lace em up tight yo
>>
>>39623072
Will do, thanks for the tip
>>
>>39623049
How bad is it and how long has it been like that?
>>
Tfw no gym buddy to help you lift off
>>
File: 1479828595551.jpg (31KB, 671x927px) Image search: [Google]
1479828595551.jpg
31KB, 671x927px
>>39623069
Goal is pretty much bulk on strenght and size til February or March to then Cut before Summer.

Program is mostly random shit now because the only gym near me is being fucking removed so i have to use dumbbells only for now until i get a car license
>tfw 18
>>
>>39619726
is DHEA a complete meme or its what they say it is? i'd love some extra gains, motivation and energy
>>
My forearm has been hurting a lot recently whenunder any pressure, i;ve had to stop doing hammer curls and ex bar curls until it gets better. It feels like the bone in my left forearm is going to snap whenever doing curls? Any idea what this is?
>>
>>39619726

Been lifting for over a year now and i'm starting to notice that my left shoulder pops when I raise it.

It doesn't hurt at all but the popping worries me. Am I in the early stages of an injury or what?
>>
File: 77878978979.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
77878978979.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Is there a way to "strengthen my bones"?

I feel like i am going to snap in half everytime i exercise.

Today i was doing hammer curls and i had to stop because my elbow and fucking fingers couldn't hold the dumbbells anymore while my biceps had still strenght for reps.

Annoying as shit t.b.h
>>
>>39623141
>Goal is pretty much bulk on strenght and size til February or March to then Cut before Summer
this is your first mistake youre not telling me much tell me your real goal clearly. Is it size or strenght? size for size's sake's or aeshtetics? strenght for strenghts sake or for a particular competition?
be clear

>Program is mostly random shit now because the only gym near me is being fucking removed so i have to use dumbbells only for now until i get a car license

yeah yeah excuses, get to a real gym. theres always a way, find it. this is non negotiable
>>
>>39623219
>Is there a way to "strengthen my bones"?
they gradually and very slightly increase in density if you work out for many many years
>>
>>39623219
AYCH GEE AYCH
>>
>>39623226
You are fucking retarded desu.

That guy is working out like every "normie lifter". To lift more and look better, nobody goes in-depth realistically like some autists on this board.
>>
>>39623255
>That guy is working out like every "normie lifter". To lift more and look better, nobody goes in-depth realistically like some autists on this board.
>le ebin lack of force of will

there isnt "normie"

you just do or do not do things

why do we do thigns

to reach a goal

so each thing we do, we better do it right to get to that goal better and quicker or not do it

if youre not willing to do something right then you dont really care about the goal and shouldnt be doing it in the first place
>>
>>39623226
>this is your first mistake youre not telling me much tell me your real goal clearly. Is it size or strenght? size for size's sake's or aeshtetics? strenght for strenghts sake or for a particular competition?
be clear

For biceps, strenght.

What now?
>>
>>39623286
>For biceps, strenght.
>What now?
so your goal is to have more strenght in your biceps, for what activity?
you care mainly about force not about growth?
are you sure?
>>
I have pretty long arms but I squat the same weight that I deadlift. There doesn't seem to be a problem with my form, my back is straight as an arrow and I don't start with my hips too low. Any idea what might be going on? I can't post vid, it's a rest day
>>
>>39623340
Yes i am sure than at this moment i care more about strenght because i can't fucking do more than 3 reps.
>>
>>39623373
ok, when youre ready to give a serious answer we can talk. it was already waaaay generous of my part to even reply to you with that attitude

FIGURE OUT YOUR GOD DAMN GOALS
>>
>>39623141
well, you can do a full routine with dumbells only, but you'll need 100% proper diet and never skip a workout, if you want aesthetic
>do 3 biceps isolation exercises, 3 triceps, 3 shoulder on day1
>chest and back on day 2
>legs and abs day 3
>repeat...
>rest on sunday
do this and you'll see some results until february if your diet is good with a ton of protein
>>
Was there a meme I missed where people purposely misspell strength?
>>
The other day at the gym a guy who works there told me that i should do some serious deloading from time to time.

like, he said that if i was for example benching 90kg for 6reps 4 sets then i should from time to time do a session of 20kg for 30 reps or something like that

for growth, does that make any kind of sense?
>>
>>39623414
>autists like this run around my board

I want old /fit/
>>
>>39623416
Bullshit.

Unless the dumbbells are fucking 5kg you can have the same or even better upperbody than people who train in the gym.

WIth legs its a shitty situation, but biceps,triceps,back etc? Easy.
>>
>>39623448
shure little kiddy boy. call me an autist, not A PEOPLE WHO KNOWS
>>
File: fat loss.jpg (22KB, 671x257px) Image search: [Google]
fat loss.jpg
22KB, 671x257px
Ive been recommended this workout for fat loss, its supposed to be done as a circuit and its been helping me out a lot.
Can you guys tell me if theres something that I can add to this to increase the intensity ?
>>
I'm nearing the end of SL with all my lifts being 1/2/3/4 or a bit more for 5x5. Where do I go from here if I'd like to compete in strongmen competition? I was planning to do Madcow and then 5/3/1 after that.
>>
doing SL 5x5 should I switch rows to cleans? rows feel too easy.
>>
>>39623109
about a month.
1-10 it's about a 2 whenever I lift my leg.
6 when I squat.
>>
File: 20161202_172411.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_172411.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I'm 6'2" and 190 pounds. My goal is to build strength until I hit 1/2/3/4, then stay at those weights and work on endurance with them to increase reps/volume. I've been doing okay with a slightly modified SL routine. I'm in graduate school and I teach, so my schedule is shit, but I plan on making serious gains over winter break. This is what a perfect two weeks looks like:

A: squat, row, bench
B: deadlift, overhead press, pull ups (for reps)

I sometimes throw accessories like curls and shrugs in as well.

Week 1: AxBxAxx
Week 2: BxAxBxx

Current lifts are: 0.55/1.44/1.55/2.22

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
>>
File: IMG_20161207_154443869.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161207_154443869.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
What is this thing? I was told it was for situps but I just don't see how. Any ideas on how to use it or what the name is?
>>
I just used the bodybuilding macro calculator and it told me to get 173g of protein per day, despite my weight only being ~140

I thought 1g/lb of bodyweight was the max you'd need?
>>
>>39623681
it's an ab roller

toss it in the trash
>>
>>39623681
>2016
>not knowing how to use the assmastertingler deluxe

shiggy
>>
>>39623445
yes doing upwards of 30-40 reps with low weight will boost your hypertrophy by a lot.
dont pay attention to these retards, muscle confusion exists and it looks like a charm
>>
Best way to deal with medication induced hunger? Its messing up my slow cut before I bulk.
>>
>>39623726
drink lots of water
>>
>>39623726
>Best way to deal with hunger

have force of will
>>
>>39623666
SSS
Simple
Strong
Solid
>>
File: ultimate alpha.jpg (206KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
ultimate alpha.jpg
206KB, 800x800px
Is it possible to be able to do 10+ muscle ups while also being able to squat double your bodyweight for 20+ reps
>>
How should I approach my gains if I cant accurately count the calories I'm eating at the moment, until I move out somewhen in the future? Should I just play it by ear?
>>
>>39623682
It's because you're going by macro percentages. Just reduce your protein percentage until it hovers around your real amount.

You also don't need 1g/lb, just 0.8g/lb.
>>
File: beginners lifting overview.png (607KB, 2233x4810px) Image search: [Google]
beginners lifting overview.png
607KB, 2233x4810px
>>39623226
>le size or strength meme

>>39623063
look at the attached image. Pick a beginner program.
>>
To those of you that have made it and look joocy:

What does it feel like to see how good you look in the mirror? I can't imagine how awesome it would be seeing myself ripped
>>
>>39623859
>look at the attached image. Pick a beginner program.
he "can´t" do one of those because his gym is absolutely "fucked up" and it is "totally impossible" for him to go to a different gim
>>
File: 1460445847083.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1460445847083.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Am I good looking by normie standards
>>
>>39623551
>>39623551
pls help
>>
>>39623889
By normie standards yes, especially your arms. Don't lift for /fit/ standards, some overweighz neckbeard will always lelkeklmao troll u.
Go to a cbt thread btw, you flaming faggot
>>
>>39623889
very normie standards, that will get you 5/10 girls tops

no abs no elite
>>
I'm curious, how did Yukio Mishima acheive his physique on a Japanese diet? Was it a lot of Kobe beef and lean fish/tofu?
>>
>>39623551
Start doing the program and add in what you feel is OK. Don't fuck around too much
>>
>>39623954
>cbt
That's what I was looking for, thanks. I thought it was a body rate thread for some reason. haven't been on /fit/ in over a year
>>
File: sg.png (674KB, 1853x503px) Image search: [Google]
sg.png
674KB, 1853x503px
>>39623889
>>39623960
By homeless standarts you look alright, fucking dyel shit
>>
>>39623954
>not constantly looking to improve and being dissatisfied with progress.

I bet you stay late at your desk job to impress your managers :^)
>>
>>39623889
Doing good man keep it up arms are looking good hit chest harder incline and flat.

Im a fair bit further along and i thought by normy standards I looked chit. Guess /fit/ warped my views and body dysmorphia is legit.
>>
>>39623965
By never training legs and having an incredibly average physique.

He's not exactly requiring 200g of protein a day for that body is he
>>
File: slightly upset.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
slightly upset.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
>>39624009
FUCKING BETA NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>39619830
Ab wheel
>>
>>39624009
Thanks man

>>39624026
Shut up, /fit/ is one of the most normie boards on this website

What's a good ab workout I can do without any equipment? Just my body and a floor?
>>
if my bench is 85kg x 8 and i can do 10 dips with 30kg, does it mean that my bench is lagging?
>>
>>39619810
Incorporate bodyweight and weights. I do an upper/lower PHUL-based routine.
I've worked my way up to 80 pounds plus bodyweight (170 lb) pull ups and 75 pounds added to dips.
Bodyweight progressions are fun and keep the workout interesting. They help to develop the stabilizer muscles more.
Bodyweight exercises, namely handstand push ups, helped me to break my plateau and get to 1 pl8 OHP.
>>
>>39624038
>/fit/
>normie board

No.
>>
>>39624088
Sure man. /fit/ is up on the normie scale with /soc/
>>
How long until my arms go from 13 inches to 14?
>>
Is DBOL by itself sufficient for a first time cycle? Or does it have to be stacked with Test or Tren or something else?
>>
>>39624038
Buy an ab wheel bro they are cheap and so damm effective first few times your abs will go to dom city
>>
>>39624100
Hard to believe because my abs have never experienced DOMS, no matter how hard I work them, but I'll definitely give it a shot
>>
Alright, so different kinds of meat have about 25% proteins. Is that calculated after cooking, or raw? Because for example, when I fry some chicken, the meat loses about half the weight in the process.
>>
>>39620672
>>39620696
This spring, after many previous CICO cuts, I tried my first low carb cut. I started by keeping carbs to 60g or lower, while also looking at the total CICO. I ate burgers, chili, homemade gyro meat in pita, and burritos using low carb tortillas. String cheese, pork rinds, carrots, and celery for snacks. I started at 228 pounds.

I dropped eight pounds (water weight) in the first week. At first I needed cheese and veg to snack on between meals (while still keeping an eye on CICO), but overall I was not very hungry and after two weeks I was fine with my three daily meals.

What I found is that high protein and fiber intake resulted in higher satiety, while reducing carbs cut down on "empty" calories (as carbs do not keep me full at all). Keto itself is probably a meme, but getting more protein and fiber and less carbs was the easiest cut I've done. After 2 months I was down to 202. I'll be doing this for all cuts in the future.
>>
>>39624091
Usually takes about 6 months if youre a new lifter.
>>
>>39624105
Mine had niether, it will hurt to move the day after
>>
If anyone lives in Houston, is there a gym they'd recommend that has more than two squat racks?

I'm a faggot going for ass-gains and the 24 Fitness I used to go to was garbage quality, and I'm not about to go to Planet Fitness. Searched online myself, but I'd like some personal recommendations.
>>
>>39624109
Protein isn't lost while cooking. The proteins are just denatured to assist digestion, as well as killing germs. The decrease in weight is predomanintely caused by water evaporation.
>>
>>39624109
any weight lost is water weight. Nutrition changes are minimal in the cooking process unless you're deep frying.
>>
>>39624149
I'm on the south side of Houston, around Sugar Land/Stafford, if that changes anything.
>>
>>39619726
How is my version of Greyskull?

It's a mix of Phrak and /fit/ and some additional advice from the book
>>
>>39619726
Can we see a body pic? I'm curious of 12 years of lifting desu senpai
>>
File: Greyskull LP Program.png (45KB, 539x575px) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull LP Program.png
45KB, 539x575px
>>39624189
>forgot pic
>>
if im at a certain weight then its physically impossible for me to increase weight because of something i have eaten, right?

like, that would violate thermodynamics?

could a pizza i ate yesterday end up making me gain more weight than the total sum of the weight of the pizza? i dont understand the chemistry bery well
>>
Im going to bootcamp in two months and cant do a sit up. I can do one with my feet weighted under a furniture, but I feel more stress on my upper thigh than my abdominal muscles. When I try to do them without weight on my feet I can barely get my back off the ground. How do I fix this? How fucked am I?
>>
>>39624228
You likely won't need to do sit ups. But you're feeling the power being generated in your thighs because you don't have the core strength needed to do the movement. Try doing crunches instead of sit ups or hanging from a bar and touching your knees to your chest or elbows.
>>
>>39624228
What branch boot camp?
>>
>>39624228
youre about to have a very very bad time lol

and all to die for some businesmen. top kek

the worst of all is that when you come back wihtout a leg you will become a pacifist bitch even touhg you knew it could happen
>>
>>39624156
>>39624160

thanks
>>
When people talk about hitting 1/2/3/4 plates in the compound lifts do they mean 1 rep max or like 5 reps?
>>
>>39624216
yes, pizza does not violates the laws of physics
>>
>>39624264
Sittups are part of the fitness test, will look into curls/the bar thing you were talking about though. Thank you.

>>39624267
Navy

>>39624277
>le have fun dying for businessmen meme
What do you hope to accomplish by posting this?
>>
>>39624315
what meme? i only posted an objective reality that anyone who read a book knows.. oh thats right youre a poor sheeple with no education, enjoy it!

just remember the life you have you deserve it and chose it.
>>
Anyone know what type of lower back injury it is when it hurts to stand straight and I have to arch my back so that my stomach sticks out and chest is up? Hurt my back during the pull of a DL.
>>
>>39624315
>Navy
Let me tell you from experience (I've been through Navy bootcamp) that you'll be doing situps almost every day. You'll have 3 Physical Assessments throughout, and the only one that matters for graduation is the last one. When you're in a room dead tired and some geeky guy comes in and asks if there's anyone in the room that can hold their breath underwater for 5 minutes, raise your hand. What "holding your breath underwater for 5 minutes" actually means is hold it for as long as you can, breath air, then go back. This will put you in a 900 division and you'll have fairly smooth sailing for the rest of boot camp.

But back on topic with your situps, you'll workout so much that you'll be perfectly fine in the end.
>>
Will my body adjust to a calorie deficit? Been eating 1200 calories a day for about 3 weeks and I fear I'll stop loosing weight if it happens.
>>
>>39624372
>Will my body adjust to a calorie deficit? Been eating 1200 calories a day for about 3 weeks and I fear I'll stop loosing weight if it happens.

no, because it would violate physics

your body needs energy to create heat and movement

that energey can ONLY come from things inside your body

if you move and stay alive then your body WILL get energy from something in you, either sugar fat or muscle

but dont worry, if you fail your cut its because you cheated, not because of some bullshit le ebin metabolism explanation
>>
>>39620672
Keto is just a method to reduce your calories.

Full keto is retarded though. Your brain doesn't really like using fats as its primary source of fuel.

The only people who say keto makes them feel more alert had absolutely terrible diets where they spent most of their day with their blood sugar levels shooting all over the place and periodically crashing.

Some athletes like it because it makes it really easy to eat a shitload of protein while managing caloric intake.
>>
>>39624215
Looks fine for a beginner program. Run it for a few months and start reading about different programming methods so you're prepared when it comes to switching to a intermediate program.
>>
>>39624402
As you lose weight your BMR drops, so when cutting slowly there's a chance you'll have to adjust your calories downwards at some point.

An extended period of caloric restriction can also stimulate water retention which can cause weight loss to stall. This is why refeeds are a thing.

These aren't excuses for people who cheat on their diets though and blame something retarded like starvation mode.
>>
>>39624555
After months of cutting I finally switched to a bulk so I'm progressing better on it and still have much to go. When I reach decent lifts and begin to continually stall I am planning to switch something like 5/3/1 or PHUL
>>
>>39624599
Don't bulk too hard. I made that mistake and the ensuing cut is a pain in the arse.

I've been bulking much more slowly recently and kept my bf% below 17% as much as possible and it's working much better for me in the long run.
>>
>>39624643
I started with 0 athletic background and did an initial cut of 12 kg a (80 to 68) Now I eat about 2800 to 3000 kcal a day of 90% clean food. So I eat tat about +300 to +500 surplus
>>
>>39624697
Sounds good to me. My advice is to get some calipers and track your bf%, if it spikes too much over a couple of weeks slow your bulk down and get it under control. Otherwise you risk cutting away all your gains when you realise you accidentally got fat.
>>
I have a pain in my butt that I at first was worried might be some kind of sciatica.

In the morning it's difficult to put on socks or shoes, or even get into my car. As the day goes on and I'm moving about and the muscle is warmed up the pain mostly goes away.

Does this sound like just a simple gluteal strain?
>>
>>39624781
Have you foam rolled/self massaged with a hard ball?

It sounds like it could be either, if it's a strain then decent self massage will sort it out.
>>
>>39619959
a component of strength is myofibrillar recruitment meaning that hypertrophy training generally should come before strength training...
>>
>>39624745
Thanks anon I'll look into it
>>
>>39621897
Thanks for responding, senpai

>Why [try increase endurance exercises on a cut]?

Because I need to increase my situps, pushups, and running to qualify for a job. I can run at the moment, but I do a pathetic amount of pushups before I have to stop.
>>
>>39625006
Oh, okay. In that case, sure, go for it.
>>
Does anyone have an experimental routine that they are curious about, but have never tried? Post it and I'll try it out.
>>
Im starting to properly diet nd i dont know how many calories i should eat to maintain my bodyweight (if i know this i could substract 500ckal for cut and add this much for a bulk)

I'm 20yo, 6'1 for 177lb and i'm a postman (so lot of walking and carrying heavy boxes)
Myfitnesspal told me i should eat aroud 3000kcal, but isnt it too much ?
>>
File: fucking lov.jpg (2MB, 2049x1025px) Image search: [Google]
fucking lov.jpg
2MB, 2049x1025px
i have my week split up as follows

>chest and bis
>legs
>back and bis
>shoulders and tris
>rest
>full body
>rest

should i change it up?
>>
>>39625363
I follow a similar routine and would also like to know

Also, what's the source on your picture?
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (188KB, 1124x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
188KB, 1124x711px
>>39625399
modded skyrim screenshot. used to have a whole folder of them, can find it if you want me to post more
>>
So when I have the day off from work, after eating breakfast, I usually get an amazing work out in.

But whenever I do work (I work from 6am-2pm), I never have the same energy and my work outs suck and my joints seem much more likely to feel pain.

I don't know if it's just in my head after a long shitty day at work (I teach, so my job isn't physically exhausting, just mentally), or if it's because my lunch isn't as good as my breakfast is (i keep my lunch small so that I don't get sleep at work). caffeine doesn't help.

any tips? If i were to guess, it'd be something missing from my diet. breakfast I usually have 2 eggs, some cheese, and some fruit, and that's enough to make my workouts great. For lunch, I usually have a turkey sandwich, fruit, and some walnut and tea or coffee.
>>
Anybody tried some fasting?
Any good effects?

I'm like 20 hours into this one, wanted to give it a shot.
Feels weird.
>>
>>39625475
One time I didn't eat a single thing (and drank very little) for three days straight. It was like my mind was freed from my body and I felt invincible.
>>
File: 1480970141321.jpg (42KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480970141321.jpg
42KB, 640x640px
Lads, am I slowly killing myself by taking 2.5 scoops of NO Xplode? I know it's a shit supplement, but I got it for super cheap. Nothing under 2 scoops does anything for me. I feel fine, but I want to make sure
>>
File: 1480633920847.webm (853KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480633920847.webm
853KB, 320x240px
>>39619726
where do you do barbell calf raises in the gym without looking like an autist? never seen anyone else do them
>>
>>39625613
Its kinda that mixed with a light head.
Also my tongue feels weird
>>
Is it normal to motivate myself by doing pushups right before jumping into bed and immediately upon waking up?
>>
on tuesdays i do heavy squat, light sldl, heavy calf raises. on friday heavy dl, light front squat and light calf raises. is this enough for legs? i have barbell and dumbbells only
>>
>>39625908
After two days, I was able to think really clearly on my work.
On the third day I wasn't hungry anymore and was able to do 6 hours straight of intense cardio (was cutting water weight, but didn't know how to properly)
>>
Only recently started lifting (last 1-2 months). Really loving it but the problem I've run into is my left bicep is very nuch weaker than my right (I imagine through wanking or w/e). To put it into perspective - with my right I can do a set of 8 with 14kg weight. On my left I can only do a set of 8kg. Its pretty embarassing in the gym, but if you look at me you couldnt really tell there was a difference, but maybe once I lose some more weight you might start to notice.

tl;dr - What do I do to combat a noticable strength asymmetry in my Biceps?
>>
>>39626250
>tl;dr - What do I do to combat a noticable strength asymmetry in my Biceps?
Set the weight when curling based on your left arm instead of your right, and let it catch up.
I assume you're referring to curls when you talk about "a set of 8 with 14kg weight".
>>
>>39626271
Shit yeah that's what I was referring too. Ok cool I'll do that then, cheers for the speedy reply.
>>
Is it normal to have lower back pain that lasts 5-10 after deadlifting? Or is it an indication of bad form?
>>
how the fuck do i eat 300 grams of protein a day?
>>
>>39626392
i started noticing some lower back pain and went to the doctor, he did some xrays and said that my spine is fine

but it turns out i have hamstring shortening and that i should do physical therapy, he didnt forbid me from keep doing deadlifts and squats as long as it doesnt hurt

what do you recommend me to do fit
>>
>>39624910
Except that learning the technique of the lifts is a problem faced by novice lifters in order to allow them to recruit what little muscle mass they have
>>
>>39625446
Sleep quality, blood sugar levels, mental state, hunger, muscle fatigue etc all effect the quality of your workout.
>>
Is starting a bulk at 15%+ bf a bad idea?
>>
>>39626641
for aesthetics yes.

aesthetics is 90% having low body fat.

if you have very low bf% you will look good to a lot of women unless you have insanely little muscle. Then after having low bf% +big muscles youll look perfect
>>
File: 1432204062953.gif (733KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1432204062953.gif
733KB, 500x278px
Hello, here's my situation

>at 85.5kg, 6'1'', 8 days ago
>stats, all 5x5: BP: 68kg, squat 108kg, OHP 38kg
>visibly fat
>i'm cutting right now and I lost 2kg (4.4lbs) in 8 days, now at 83.6kg
>TDEE somewhere around 3000kcal, eating at 2400kcal, 160g protein/day not counting veg sources of protein
>performance has not gone down, beat a squat 5x5 PR recently

Wondering what's up, this is going much better than expected. Is it just water weight? I drink more than 2 liters of water a day. Am I in for a bad surprise in the near future? Is my strength going to go down with the -600kcal deficit? Usually according to /fit/ you can't lose this much mass and not lose enough muscle that your perfs go down too.

pic unrelated, thank you for your attention
>>
>>39626673
Follow on from this

Am currently 190lbs between 15-20% bf probably even a bit higher than than say 22%ish

In terms of aesthetics for summer time I'll be aiming for 10-12% bf
Instead of bulking now should I eat at maintenance maybe adjust my macros for more protein to maximise strength (i.e. Higher protein intake than maintenance protein level) and then start cut around February early march?
>>
>>39626680
you may have not lost any fat at all, just keep going. weight may vary between 2-4kg between measurements and even more if you use different scales
>>
>>39626680
Buy some calipers and measure your bf%. Track your bf% as well as your weight
>>
How do I carbo load? I got a army fitness test next week

pls respond
>>
>>39626715
Thx for the answer. I've been careful to track my weight right after getting out of bed and peeing, and my weight right before going to bed, because i know there's a big difference between those. Both have gone down by 2kg.

Also, same scale every time
>>
On Monday I did a shoulder routine, still feel it in my muscles
Today I did a legs routine, walking got pretty hard

What should I do on Friday? I want to pack some muscle
>>
>>39627100

Also, have been eating more than 180g (I weigh 176lbs) of protein a day and I plan to do it every day in the nearest future
>>
what happened to the sticky?

I am fat as fatass looking for a beginner program to get me into a routine - it doesnt need to be the best... i just need to get up and actually go.
>>
stats:
~150lb
Squat 215
Bench 150
Dead 230
OHP 110
Lifting a little over a year, spent a lot of time cutting as I was a fat fuck. Bulking again and feel I'm not making much progress. Moved to TM from SS. Wasn't eating enough on SS to make progress anymore and feel it may still be the case on TM.

My deadlift is shit it feels, or my squat is disproportionate.
Has anyone here had results from changing up TM's deadlift progression?
Right now, it doesn't seem like there's much there for it (it basically calls for +5lb a week for 1x5).
Any suggestions on how to mix it up? More volume, deadlift variations, etc.
>>
>>39619726
when shrugging, should i bring my shoulders slightly back as well as up?
>>
>>39627125
Fitness subreddit has programs

SS is simple, short at first and not complicated
Squat 3x5
Bench/OHP 3x5 (Switch between these two every workout (Bench first day, ohp second, bench third, ohp fourth etc)
Deadlift 1x5
Add 5 lb each workout
Things change as your progress, but if you want to stop being a lazy fuck right this moment and don't have time to search now (But definitely will later) then this is fine
Go now faggot
>>
>>39627107
Are you only going 3 times a week?
3 times a week isn't going to work well with what it seems like you are doing

If you can only do 3 times a week try and pick up a routine with a lot of compounds and then do whatever accessories you feel like you need (whether it's traps, calves, biceps, etc)
>>
How much weight should I be lifting for deadlifts/squats/bench presses? I'm 6'3" and weigh 140 lbs and have been a semi /r9k/ all my life. Just started working out 4 days ago.
>>
>>39627272

I work out at home but I have an incredibly irregular work schedule so it's kind of difficult to plan things
>>
>>39626310
If it's pain, then no, it's not normal. If it's soreness, it'll pass.

>>39626392
Unless you're 7 feet tall and weight 300lbs, you don't need to eat 300g of protein a day

>>39627100
You sound like a newbie. Don't work individual muscles in individual days as a newbie. Find a fullbody routine, do that three times a week with a rest day between every workout session.

>>39627262
No, pulling your shoulders back engages different muscles. You're focusing on elevating your scapula, not adducting it.
>>
File: 1477373398558.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477373398558.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
What calorie counter does /fit/ use?
>>
>>39627238
m8, you got off SS way too early. Your lifts are pretty low tpqh, and even though you aren't a total beginner you still aren't ready for an intermediate routine. Get back on the SS train for a few more stops, but while actually bulkan this time
>>
>>39627294
You should be lifting as much weight as possible while maintaining good form.

Also, holy shit, you must be a skelly. I'm 6'3 as well, and I started at 154lbs.
>>
>>39627294
if you just started working out 4 days ago then don't worry about what you're putting up. There is no "should" at this point in your lifting career, just focus on having good form and start eating more. 6'3" 140lbs is way into hungry skeleton territory
>>
I'm following Stronglifts 5x5 program using the app. So far so good but today I failed my last OHP rep on my last set at 32.5kg. Is it bad? I know I am to fail reps eventually.

Also, the site claims you get gains following this program. I honestly don't believe I'll get many gains even bulking. Anyone who ran the program can confirm?
>>
>>39626883
carbo loading isn't really a thing. eat clean for the next week (chicken + veggies + NO ENRICHED WHEAT) and don't change things up the day before and you'll go into your test feeling fine
>>
>>39627322
People have said that I shouldn't be doing weights at all, being a skelly. Otherwise I'd fuck up my body structure. Tell me this is bullshit.
>>
>>39627346
failing is part of the program. a weight that you failed on means nothing to us if you're tiny 32.5 could be a lot. Get the self doubt out of your head, and go back to that workout next time and try again. I've done it and seen gains. Do not stop.
>>
>>39627364
It's complete bullshit. Just be careful, you'll be fine.
>>
>>39627340
I have been eating more the last few days. Is there an upper limit to how much I should eat?
>>
>>39627363
What does cleaning your diet for a week do to your body?
>>
>>39627374
I have lower back pain from yesterday. Is this because I'm not doing it right?
>>
>>39627365
>tfw 73kg 1.82m

Slowly crawling out of skellytown. Been following this program religiously for a month and a half. My will burns witht the fury of VY Canis Majoris.
>>
>>39627383
>Is there an upper limit to how much I should eat?
Yeah, you shouldn't go too far above your caloric maintenance if you want to avoid gaining too much fat.

>>39627392
Is it actually pain, or are you just really sore?
>>
>>39627317
Progress stopped for me, which is when it's recommended you get off. I should have noted that I'm fatter than I should be right now, I'm a pretty small dude and should be ~140 right now
>>
>>39627406
How do I differentiate the two again?
>>
>>39627316
p-pls respond
>>
>>39625428
That's beautiful
>>
>>39627412
If you try stretching the area, it should feel oddly pleasant if it's soreness. If it's actually pain, it'll sting.
>>
>>39627406
And I was thinking of going out for today's work out right now. Should I wait for the sore/pain to heal back up or not?
>>
>>39627452
Yeah, it's probably soreness.
>>
File: Charli-XCX-Sexy-5-680x1024.jpg (161KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Charli-XCX-Sexy-5-680x1024.jpg
161KB, 680x1024px
When calculating the TDEE, what should I put in the physical activity field? I workout 5 days a week which amounts to around 5 hours, but I never do cardio, what do?
>>
>>39627455
Are you planning on doing exercises that hit the lower back? If not, go ahead, but be careful.
>>
>>39627424
I used to use myfitnesspal. I'm not sure what others do, but myfitnesspal is very popular IIRC.
>>
>>39627478

I find the TDEE calcs tend to overestimate caloric burn of exercise, especially weight training without cardio. Maybe only put in 3 days or so. You will have to adjust anyway if you are counting calories to gain/lose weight.
>>
>>39627484
Well, I was thinking of doing deadlifts and squats as per my usual routine. They have engagement with the lower back, I'm guessing? Should I skip those for now?
>>
>>39627502
If you think it's just soreness, go ahead and give it a try. However, if you feel any kind of pain at any point, stop immediately.
>>
>>39627316
Just use my fitnesspal

But their numbers are memes, just use it to count calories, have your own number, don't follow their limits.
>>
>>39627520
Alright, anon. Thanks for the advice. I'm off then.
>>
>>39627014
you seem to be doing an awful lot of effor tto justify yourself

let me put this clear to you

it will take many months to look good (if youre lucky and work hard) probably a couple of years

so

if i ask you how long it will take you to look good

what do you reply?
>>
>>39627525
the problem there is that the calorie database is created by users so you see outrageous things like (PIZZA SLICE: 80 CALS).

also, it will bitch at you if you log less than 1200 cals because it thinks youre going anorexic

other than that it is breeetty good, i particularly like the graph when you can see your weight
>>
File: PS_WiiU_WiiFitU_Bundle_ALL.png (152KB, 456x372px) Image search: [Google]
PS_WiiU_WiiFitU_Bundle_ALL.png
152KB, 456x372px
yay?
nay?
>>
>>39627570
Don't use the built-in numbers, create your own food macros, it's pretty easy especially if you eat the same things everyday, just flip the box and write down the macros.
>>
>>39627304

I am a newbie and I'm not going to pretend to be more experienced than I really am. Thanks.
>>
I fucked up today and went over my calorie goal. I hit around 2400 when usual is around 1600. Feeling mad shit right now, eaten clean for a month and a half and I've really let myself down today. Does anyone have any tips for mentally recovering? I'm trying to tell myself to just write it off as an anomaly and it was just one day, but I'm just so angry at myself.
>>
>>39627304
>elevating your scapula, not adducting
thanks yo
>>
>>39627262
No, rolling your shoulders is stupid.
Gravity doesn't work horizontally, so it doesn't do anything.
It's also how you fuck up your rotator cuff.
>>
>>39625686
Just use the elliptical for calf gains.
>>39626051
Doing before bed will make it harder to sleep as you get your heart pumping. Doing right after morning can be good but can also speed up your heart too fast. Do right after your morning shit.
>>39626458
do pt.
>>39627641
I just did this for 2-3 days. You dont gain weight from one day of binge. So go easy tomorrow and you will be fine. Ive been as angry as you have before, Ive been lifting for almost a year and Ive only lost like 10lb and Its so frustrating. Just keep at it day by day.
>>
>>39627641

Don't beat yourself up too much, but don't convince yourself that it's acceptable behavior either. Just accept that sometimes you make mistakes and move on. You didn't even fuck up that bad to be honest. I'm weak manlet and I eat ~2400 a day for a minor bulk. What's your weight and activity level like right now?
>>
>>39627588
A video game won't change your diet and it's nothing you couldn't do yourself. It's a non-game for moms.
>>
Recovering fatty here. My weight loss is going decent, but I had a question about lifting.

Obviously I can't build muscle while I lose, that's just science. But since I'm lifting while I lose, should I have any goals? I'm doing the SS routine without the rapid gains: Will I reach a plateau? Should I add on more exercises?
>>
>>39627929
>Obviously I can't build muscle while I lose

You can actually. Losing fat and eating protein will help you lose fat and gain muscle. You will plateau eventually when you cant lose weight relative to gaining muscle but you can go for about year or two before you are at that part.
>>
>>39627777
>do pt.
i may not be able to start until a couple of weeks form now, should i avoid squats and deadlifts till then?
>>
>>39628047
Yea, or go light and see how it feels. He didnt say you cant do them so you probably can provided they dont hurt. Im not sure what hamstring shorting is but I added cardio rowing in and it blasted my hamstrings, maybe working them directly will help boost their health.
>>
>>39619726
I am currently studying for finals and probably won't get much sleep tonight. My question is this: should I lift today knowing that I will most likely not sleep enough and rest tomorrow after exams are done or should I skip today and lift tomorrow? I am also considering just lifting both today and tomorrow
>>
>>39619726
Is there anywhere i can look at a list of retard mistakes to avoid? Don't want to have to make an embarrassing stories thread in a few weeks
>>
>>39619726
Best mass gainer for a skelly?
>>
>>39619726
does the reverse grip bench work for upper chest?
what is the best moves to do for upper chest
thx
>>
>>39628078
maybe, thanks anon
>>
>>39628193

Eat more. Don't waste money on a mass gainer. If you truly cannot stomach large amounts of food, just blend up some milk, oats, peanut butter, and a banana (adjust any of these ingredients as you see fit) for an easy, tasty, high-calorie shake
>>
>>39628147
Do your exams first. Then lift after.
>>
>>39623489
>A PEOPLE WHO KNOWS
You don't seem to know the language you're writing
>>
>>39628270
For upper chest, incline press, incline flies, and dips should work.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ChestWt.html#Clavicular
>>
File: d72.png (312KB, 601x595px) Image search: [Google]
d72.png
312KB, 601x595px
How many of you made it and don't stretch at all?
>>
So I have been lifting for over a year now, not really worrying about my diet until a few months ago. All of my lifts went up but I don't notice any physique changes. Im pretty sure I hovered around the same weight for the year too. I thought that to gain muscle, you had to be gaining weight? If I had eaten right in the first place, would I notice more results?
>>
File: Pieceofshit.png (431KB, 411x478px) Image search: [Google]
Pieceofshit.png
431KB, 411x478px
>Be 155lbs flabby fuck
>Decide to start lifting
>Get 2.5 months into it, small strength gains and arms getting slightly more cardiovascular
>Get overwhelmed by school and work
>Only work out roughly 3-4 times over about a month
>Eating like shit
>Look like shit
>Last week of classes
>Starting up again Monday
>3 Months until spring
>6 months until summer

Will I be beach ready if I head back into working out 4-5 days a week like I was previously? Pic is current body obviously
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.