[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does /fit/ get the motivation to go to the gym after a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1 OUT OF 3 SELF CHECKOUT LANES.jpg (163KB, 750x721px) Image search: [Google]
1 OUT OF 3 SELF CHECKOUT LANES.jpg
163KB, 750x721px
So how does /fit/ get the motivation to go to the gym after a long day of work?
All i think about is lounge on my couch for the rest of the day but you people seem to find relaxation in lifting.
How do you do it?
>>
Spoken exactly like someone who'll never makeit. Faggot.
>>
I think about the girl I could've landed if I had just been more confident. Going to the gym makes me feel confident, and skipping does the opposite. So I go.
>>
>>39617426
my brother made it. he has the exact same attitude as i but he just does it. He had a god-tier body during his college but now that hes working hes just dad-bod
>>
Motivation? Going to the gym is fun and relaxing after a hard day at work, the perfect stress relief
>>
I take a pre-workout supplement and go straight to the gym from work
>>
File: CAZTVw8VEAAobNw-1.jpg (24KB, 485x303px) Image search: [Google]
CAZTVw8VEAAobNw-1.jpg
24KB, 485x303px
We're all tired, sometimes you gotta train tired
>>
>>39617441
>>>39617426 (You)
>my brother made it. he has the exact same attitude as i but he just does it. He had a god-tier body during his college but now that hes working hes just dad-bod

Right. You're a Faggot too for mirin your brother who ain't here.
>>
>>39617379
i lift for men instead of women.
>>
Routine maybe. I hate missing gym days and enjoy my time spent at the gym.
>>
>>39617477
>>>39617441
>>>>39617426 (You)
>>my brother made it. he has the exact same attitude as i but he just does it. He had a god-tier body during his college but now that hes working hes just dad-bod
>Right. You're a Faggot too for mirin your brother who ain't here.

Oh shit. It was op who said that. Figures.
>>
>>39617379
you've decided that lounging is better than being fit. nothing wrong with it, technically. once you change your priorities, the motivation will come.

also just starting, even for 25 mins, getting into the habit, makes it easier. think long term.
>>
>>39617379
Pre-workout helps. Coffee helps.

But what really helps me is being in the habit. When I slip out of the habit, it becomes really easy to not go, and that compounds on itself, and it makes me worse. Conversely, constantly going makes me better.

So, my deal is that I always have to change into my workout clothes. There's a small gym in my office building that's free, so I change there. It doesn't give me any time to rationalize while driving home that I don't need to do it.

Once I'm in my workout clothes, if I'm still being a bitch about working out, I'll say fine but you have to do 10 minutes on the bike or elliptical. That takes absolute bare minimum effort and time. And maybe my after work responsibilities that day are such that I need to leave after that 10 minutes. But I don't let myself just go home without doing at least that. Usually I wind up doing a full workout or something that resembles it.

Eventually you'll look forward to the gym after work. There will be plenty of days that you don't. You can't make skipping an option, though, or you'll wind up rationalizing a month off and then it just gets even harder to get back to it.
>>
>>39617536
OP here again.
Yeh i was a little bitch and skipped alot, during the summer i went pretty much 4 or 5 times per week, now only 2. I fucking hate the cold when going to my gym
>>
File: 1476834956849.jpg (317KB, 1599x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1476834956849.jpg
317KB, 1599x1050px
Let zyzz tell you. His rhino style is what i praise about this douche
>>
>>39617590
I've been there man. I fucked off basically all of September. A vacation turned into a week break which turned into more excuses. It was hell trying to work myself back into the gym after the break. I actually felt embarrassed - like, I didn't want to show my face in the gym after being gone for so long because everyone would know.

Some of the things your mind will do if you let it are pretty dumb. Don't let it.
>>
>>39617379
I go to the gym in the morning. Quiet, empty, gives me a boost and pump for the whole day at uni. I feel awake and ready to go, like a fog has been lifted from my mind.
>>
It helps get rid of that stress you built up during the day. When you exercise, your body let's out a concoction of feel-good chemicals that reduces stress. Getting started is the hard part, but you just have to remind yourself of how good you'll feel afterwards.
>>
File: 1467687017550.png (198KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
1467687017550.png
198KB, 1280x809px
>work
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.