[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here do rock climbing I do bouldering how to improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: climbing.jpg (164KB, 640x480px)
climbing.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
anyone here do rock climbing
I do bouldering how to improve from climbing v4-5 to v6-7
whats the equivalent to a 3 plate squat in climbing grade?
are normies gonna overtake the climbing gym in new years ?
>>
Climb more, climb everything in your gym, climb outside. Climbing and lifting are completely different so you can't really measure progress like that.

To me chasing grades isn't the way to climb anyway.
>>
>>39615916
campus board, campus board, campus board.

Also Flexibility and loosing weight if you're not already in skinny oter mode.

This is how you progress.

and of course : climb climb climb climb climb
>>
>>39616945
my fingers aren't strong enough to do that campus board stuff what about technique when is traversing useful when compared to flagging i'm already ottermode so no worries there
>>
>>39617163
Climbing is like dancing.

The movements are instinctual.
Dude, finger strength is king. It is going to be your bottleneck 90% of the time for improving.
Lots of holds on crimps, slopes, and heavy pinches.

One arm chin ups didn't improve my climbing, but grip strength did.

Trust me.
>>
>>39615916
Yeah, it's going to be over-run by normies.

The climbing community has been fearing this for years, and they know it's coming.

It's already happening in some places. Colorado for example.

The smaller states with less lively communities will hold out the longest.

It won't get much more casual though due to the nature of the sport.
>>
>>39617192
so what do you think separates the mediocre climbers from the greats like adam ondra,jimmy webb, chris linder, etc. There's plenty of skeletons that have real good grip strength in relativity to their size yet climb v-6
>>
>>39615916
From the few times I've climbed, it's all about endurance. Do bodyweight shit, really focus on like pullup variations, dragon flags, shit like that. Farmers walks help with grip strength
>>
>>39617210
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN my indoor climbing gym already gets crowded as fuck there's barely any room makes me so ANGRY
>>
>>39617222
>all about endurance
something tells me you don't climb past v4 technique makes a big difference just because somebody does 30 pull ups doesn't mean they will be a great climber
>>
>>39617216
Not just good grip strength.

Supreme grip strength.

These skeletons don't have the same grip strength or tendon strength.

Being able the wedge between two holds upside down requires it's own form of grip strength, and strong Skellies don't have as much.

Watch the legends climbing videos and tell me that support grip wouldn't be the thing keeping an otherwise strong guy out.

If these skeletons had the same grip strength they would be hitting these crazy routes.

I personally have climbed some hard routes where my hands would slip off partway up a route when doing a power move because I was strong enough to move myself, but couldn't hold onto the rock.

V6's/7's
If you want some small improvements, ankle and hip flexibility are important. Heavy pull strength, and some serious toeing shoes will help a lot, but you probably already know this.
The best guy at my gym would wear a weight vest and hang from the thinnest ledges on the campus board. His forearms weren't particularly big, but his fingertips could support tremendous stress
>>
>>39617222
Farmer's walks work a totally different type of grip.

That will only benefit you on the easiest of holds.

Continuously improving on campus boards and slopers is the way to go
>>
>>39617338
what's a good way to improve finger strength safely it seems like it's to progress in finger strength, i definitely don't want to mess up any finger tendons should i start off campus board training or hangboard? is there a starting strength for fingers?
>>
>>39617375
I would get on the hangboard and find whichever ledge you can hang on to 4/32 or more and do that to failure 5 times with 1 minute rest in between.

Try to go to a slightly thinner legs every time, and if you have to do one of those $0.05 on that card or setting each time. Record all of your results and times and ledges.

It is the same Principle as strength training. Record your results and seek to improve at least one facet between every workout. Whether it is intensity sets or reps.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.