[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Facial Aesthetics:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

You are a result of your genes and environment.

>Phenotype = Genotype + Environment

The Genotype is fixed and there's nothing you can do about it.

The Environment can be split in two categories:
>Influences you can control e.g. lifting habits.
>Influences beyond anyone's control e.g. living in a country with high pollution.
>Influences beyond yours, but within your up-bringers' control (we're interested in this category) e.g. breastfeeding habits by your parents.

My question is this: How do you get over the fact that your parents COULD HAVE optimised these variables for you but DID NOT.

They did not control for simple shit:
>Mouth-breathing.
>Sleeping on your stomach.
>Swallowing habits and good oral posture.
>Optimum nutrition (even just by not getting you hooked to sugary/salty/fast food - how many parents and children do you see in McDonald's).
>Encouragement in sport and learning.

How do you cope with the fact that no matter how many plates you can deadlift off the floor, no mater how disciplined your routine and diet, no matter how strictly you care for your skin and hair - you will NEVER EVER experience the confidence you get from a wide and defined lower-jaw, the comfort in your mouth from a perfect dentition, the ease of a smile with a forward-projecting maxilla, the phototogenicity of your aware-looking eyes and prominent cheek bones?

Pardon my projection, but I know some /fit/bros can relate.
>>
>>39615150
that image is pretty stupid, somebody could never breathe through their mouth in their life and they wouldn't look a thing like the guy in the top, you need a shitload of prenatal test to have those features
>>
I had bad allergies as a kid, always mouth breathed, and have a huge bony face with wide jaw and chin
>>
File: IMG_0781.jpg (13KB, 181x162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0781.jpg
13KB, 181x162px
w-why is sleeping on your stomache bad

asking for a friend
>>
>>39615214
>>39615232
Mouth-breathing is an ancient, undead meme. It's never popular but it also never disappears.

>a wide and defined lower-jaw, the comfort in your mouth from a perfect dentition, the ease of a smile with a forward-projecting maxilla, the phototogenicity of your aware-looking eyes and prominent cheek bones

If those were important qualities I'd be a figurative rockstar fending chick after chick off from trying to sit on my lap. I'm not though, I'm actually a kissed and fucked one girl years ago, reborn virgin.

Also back then I was uglier than now, my facial aesthetics have greatly improved through gaining muscle and improving posture, and it had absolutely nothing to do with breathing, I never breathed through my mouth to begin with.
>>
Quite possibly one of the most insecure and autistic posts I've ever read. Hope you die a lonely death OP lmao
>>
File: 1373830291005.jpg (106KB, 724x844px) Image search: [Google]
1373830291005.jpg
106KB, 724x844px
>breath through my mouth when doing cardio and walking up steep hills
>tfw i'll never make it
>>
>>39615336
This
Fucking crab in a bucket mentality on this goddamn site, fuck you all
>>
>>39615273
You can't breathe properly. Pretty sure it's bad for your neck as well
>>
>tfw i have really good facial features except for nose

feels good man. ill just get a rhinoplasty and it will be all good.
>>
I've played football since the age of 5.

Even though it was flag for the first 6 years, the important thing was doing lots of cardio WITH A MOUTHGUARD(we still wore them for flag because we had live blocking).

Now my jaw barely fits through the doorway... And my parents had nothing to do with it. My brother never played sports and his jawline is invisible. Maybe instead of throwing a tantrum against your parents you should realize you only have you to blame for having a bitchface. Parents get criticized all the time for "making" their kids play sports; really it's you who's just a soft bitch that chose runescape over sports.
>>
>watches Mike Mew once
he's right though
I'll raise my child to be anose breathing tounge on roof of the mouth slayer and I will give him the hardest food there is and build the shit out of his jaw muscles.
>tfw mom always told me to keep mouth on roof of the mouth but never listened
>>
>>39615214
Proper cranial development aids in proper hormone balance.

>>39615232
>>39615299
>Here's my singular anecdote. I'm also from Taiwan and reached 1.5pl8 bench press in 1 month, therefore all Taiwanese people are good at benching.

>>39615273
Chronically upporting your head with your hand puts pressure on your face leading to assymetry.

>>39615336
>>39615432
Just needed advice to get over my insecurities.

>>39615414
Not chronic and not in ages 0-10.
>>
>>39615687
>singular anecdote

I also don't sleep on my stomach and I ate "healthy" all my youth although a little more meat wouldn't have hurt. I also don't need to disprove fantasy connections between fictional "mouth breathing" and facial shape. Superstitious faggots have to prove their thesis and they've never delivered anything. You might as well say you're ugly because you live in a valley or because you wore you played with your peepee too much as a kid.

It's a lot more plausible that both things (ugliness and trouble breathing correctly) correlate with bad posture. I hinted in my anecdote that posture is closely tied to facial aesthetics imo. Think about it, it's just gravity taking its toll over time. Your head sits on the rest of your body. You would expect the structure on top to suffer from imbalances in the lower structures that are supposed to prevent it from hitting the ground. I also have zero proof and I don't care to look for any, yet it's clearly a better hypothesis right out of the gate. So if you're gonna repeat broscience let it be my broscience that at least makes sense.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.