[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Look up calories in 1 lbs of raw boneless skinless chicken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1420493401106.gif (1MB, 316x195px) Image search: [Google]
1420493401106.gif
1MB, 316x195px
>Look up calories in 1 lbs of raw boneless skinless chicken breast
>Google and MyFitnessPal claim around 700 kcal
>Fucking everywhere else, including the national chicken council vary between 400-500 kcal
FUCKING WHICH IS IT?! HOW CAN I CUT PROPERLY IF I'M POTENTIALLY EATING 200-300 EXTRA CALORIES?!
>>
>>39614040
Assume the higher number
That's what I do
>>
>>39614088
Where the fuck do these numbers even come from?
>>
>>39614040
go with 400 kcal

that's what I did during my cut and it worked
>>
just eat and excercise more
>>
I always got 440kcals per pound of chicken
>>
>>39614040
why measure raw anyway? measure in cooked, then use the chicken council's numbers
>>
>>39614088
>>39614238
>>39614280
I'm getting mixed messages here.
>>39614255
What?
>>39614292
Because I don't know how they are cooking it. If I know the raw calories, I can know exactly how many are in the finished dish because I am preparing it.
>>
>>39614040
Do the average between a few reliable sources.
>>
>>39614040
The most important is that you use the same number every time, if it's something you eat often you'll adjust your calorie intake if things are not going the way you want, regardless if it's because the calories are wrong

For chicken breast without skin or bones or other stuff it will be almost only protein as the nutrients. Does the sources show which amounts of protein, carbs and fats they consider chicken breast to have? If not they are probably not worth much. Those with higher numbers probably assume some amount of fat.
>>
>>39614313
About 450 seems right. It's definitely not 700 for bone/skinless.

>>39614292
Let's assume that you're an idiot and i'm smart.
Idiot cooks 200g chicken breast till it's bone dry. It weighs 170 gram now and you measure that.
Smart guy cooks his chicken breast so that it's moist and has good texture and it weighs 180 grams.

The amount of calories are the same, the water weight is the difference. You would measure these differently using your technique.
>>
>>39614653
Fair point I suppose.
>>39614695
Thanks anon, the general consensus seems to be that google and MFP are full of shit. I'll go with 500-ish to be safe.
>>
File: IMG_2688.jpg (84KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2688.jpg
84KB, 470x470px
>>39614040
You called the national chicken council? ?? The NCC?
>>
>>39615503
Is that not normal?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.