[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American sauna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So I've been going to a local Gold's gym for a while but started to take sauna after the workout only recently. Today was my second time and I couldn't notice that I was the only guy in trunks and flip-flops there. All other people were fully clothed. And I mean not only shorts, sneakers and shirt but hoodies and sweaters as well. Another thing, most of them used electronic devices in the sauna which totally made me think...
Last drop of confusion was made by a normie couple who whispered to each other that it's so gross to see a person with very little clothes here (they definitely talked about me).

So am I being memed by normies or Americans really don't have any understanding of the sauna? I moved here from a part of Europe where sauna culture is a thing so I'm totally confused what's going on.
>>
Idk if this is bait or not, so whatever.

Just do you man, as long as you're not explicitly showing off your body just for the sole purpose of showing off your body, who gives a fuck.

People in saunas shouldn't be fully-clothed, if at all.
>>
you are not being memed, just not the same as in other coutnries
i know in russia along with many other european countries saunas are normal and most sit naked, but in american gyms it is really for people who want a sweat after their workout.
its not wrong to be in trunks and sandals, but for those who only do it clothed and are sheltered americans they may just feel uncomfortable
>>
>>39608070
You're not fit enough to pull it off
Put your clothes back on, no one wants to see a sweaty fat guy
>>
>>39608070
It's normal to be naked in saunas in the US. I put a towel down on the bench and chill.

No one gives a fuck and it's a great way to relax.
>>
>>39608104
>as long as you're not explicitly showing off your body just for the sole purpose of showing off your body
I go there just for the muscle relaxation and refreshing the body skin. Just sit in the corner, don't even move much.

>>39608115
>for people who want a sweat after their workout
Isn't cardio would be better for them? Sweat in sauna mixing with skin's internal dirt so good luck having this shit sticking on you and your clothes after a sauna.

>they may just feel uncomfortable
Oh well, I don't care about their opinion. Just wandered if that's something normal here or I met the wrong folks

>>39608130
I would totally understand people's reaction if I be a fat gross dude. I'm kinda average looking dyel.
>>
Not sure about the United states. in canada, everybody who uses saunas does so with no clothing. I'm honestly not sure what the point of wearing any clothes into the sauna would be, unless you are self conscious about your body
>>
Finnish fag here, let me educate on how to properly perform The Sauna ritual. First of all, you DO NOT go to a sauna with clothes on. It's a place where you go naked to sweat and enjoy yourself. Enough water must be thrown to the heater? to make air in the sauna nice and humid and also hot enough to call it a sauna (min. 70°C / 160°F). A proper sauna is enjoyed with friends at some remote cottage with some friends and beer, not after a gym session. Also it's perferrable to have the heat at 80-120°C or 180-220°F. Running outside and rolling around in the snow also highly recommended.
>>
>>39608507
>A proper sauna is enjoyed with friends at some remote cottage with some friends and beer, not after a gym session
I know, and I used to do that back in my homecountry. Dipping into frozen water after the sauna is so great.
But I live in Texas now and there are no normal saunas around, only at gyms or faggy SPA complexes.
>>
"Murican here-- My small gym has a sauna, but it's gender-divided and because of that no one wears clothes.

Honestly that seems really crazy weird. Why ruin clothing with sweat? Whatever. Just get a mankini and enjoy the relaxation.

We have Korean spas that are kind of like what the fins have, but no snow where I live. :(
Just seems really weird that anyone
>>
>>39608070
wtf no
at my gym here in the states, if you go in with anything more than a towel and flipflops you'll get weird stares
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.