[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More important...Shoulder width or Roundness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Wdith or roundness.jpg (424KB, 627x741px) Image search: [Google]
Wdith or roundness.jpg
424KB, 627x741px
He fit, just out of curiosity, what is more important to being aesthetic and looking dominant?

Have shoulder width, or shoulder roundness?

I believe the most important is shoulder roundness, which is what makes the development visible.

Pic related.

Hafthor and Kevin Nash in his prime.

Both are close in height, but you can instantly see the structural difference. Hafthor is broader across the shoulders, he they have an ugly sloped shape. Nash isn't as wide, but has round full shaped delts, and so looks more dominant.

What do fitizens think? agree that Shoulder roundness > total Width?
>>
>>39604843
I'd rather be above average in width than above average in shoulder "roundness"

Looks more intimidating
>>
>>39604843

Width > Roundness.

Roundness you can build with more side lateral work, especially if you're a roider.

Width is fixed, depends on the size of your ribcage and collarbones.

In that picture Thor isn't "posing" the same way. If he was holding his arms and shoulders up and out slighlty like Nash is doing, then Thor's shoulders would look both wider AND rounder.
>>
width is better obviously as long as youre not fat
>>
File: zyzz THE GOD.jpg (29KB, 480x467px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz THE GOD.jpg
29KB, 480x467px
Width
>>
>>39604941
How do you determine if you have good shoulder width?
>>
>>39604985

Boney point near the top of your delts, the acromion. "Biacromial width" is the widest boney point on the skeleton.
Measured with anthropomorphic calipers is the most precise method.

Then compare the following figure to a chart that shows the normal range for your height. Upper end of range = wide.

Or you can just eyeball it when around other men close to your height.

Also, what matters more than biacromial width, is the width of your hips.

Small hip width + wide biacromial = good V taper.

V taper is more important than absolute biacromial & shoulder width.

All that said, every guy can benefit from fully developed round delts.

Also, if aesthetic is the goal then don't iver develop your traps. Big traps visual takes away from your shoulder width and roundness. Over developed Traps make your silhouette look like a bell.

Wide shoulders with full round shaped deltoid development + V taper + lean muscular definition = ultimate
>>
File: bba9626ec223de4917b8755fe5f7118d.jpg (115KB, 736x1105px) Image search: [Google]
bba9626ec223de4917b8755fe5f7118d.jpg
115KB, 736x1105px
>>
>>39604843
I dont think Nash in WWE was in his prime you dumb fuck
>>
File: 136856357868.jpg (174KB, 624x992px) Image search: [Google]
136856357868.jpg
174KB, 624x992px
>>39604843
V-taper is the most important thing in bodybuilding so width wins by a country mile.

Roundness can be attained, you must be born with width.
>>
>>39605268
>anthropomorphic calipers
>>
>>39607106

Nobody gives a shit which company he was in, point is his hair wasnt silver yet and he still had huge delts at the time. Head on full body shots of guys who are muscular and over 6'8" are uncommon enough that will just use whatever picture can be easily found. Sorry not sorry I'm not a fucking Pro Wrestling historian.
>>
>>39607377

Oh shit, no idea how "Anthropometric" got turned into that.
>>
>>39604843
I mean, you can't change your width...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.