[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does my rib cage hurt?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
I was doing a shoulder exercise where you get 15 pounds and extend your arms forward ten times. When I set down the weights I felt like a pop in my rib cage, and when I tried to pick them up, I couldn't extend forward because of the pain. However I said fuck it and finished my set and did other machines where I didn't feel pain in doing so. However since the moment I felt the pain, I've had pain in my ribs, like a pressure type pain (like someone's stepping on my chest). I can feel the pressure when I take deep breaths and still feel pain when I lift something with weight forward. I'll make an appointment with a doctor soon but I want to know if you guys have an idea of what's wrong or what could be the problem. I think it's worth noting that I have Pectus Carinatum, and I've felt a similar pain when I do sit-ups for too long. Also worth noting, sometimes when I sneeze, I hear a crack/pop in my ribs as if I were stretching a something out. Pic related, it's my chest
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
This is the exercise I was talking about that I was doing when I fucked myself up
>>
>>39599142
was it in the middle. of your chest
>>
>>39599239
why do you post a thread i ask a question and you dont respond
>>
>>39599239
Yeah I feel it on or around my sternum area
>>
>>39599290
did it feel like your chest was a joint and it popped outwards
>>
>>39599286
My bad I've been trying to balance this with an essay and speech I'm writing
>>
>>39599286
>that roid rage
>>
>>39599301
I don't know if it popped outward but I think it's accurate to say it popped the same way a joint would
>>
>>39599317
I wish I took steroids, but I play college baseball (may or may not have contributed to my problem) and they test for all of that
>>
>>39599318
just felt like it

i did that doing dips, pretty sure its the cartilage in your chest snapping up

sucks but heals in like 2-3 weeks
>>
I had similar symptoms starting in February. I was lying down in bed and my 20 pound puppy jumped right on my chest. Bench press and dips were very painful, as was tying my shoes or similar reaching motions. The pain was sharp right on my sternum. I have no other medical issues.

The pain decreased over the months; I think it was gone by October. I really couldn't bench for a long time. I suspected Costochondritis, but never went to a doctor.

My sternum has cracked/popped before occasionally when I puff my chest out. No pain usually from that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.