[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOTT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 40

File: QTDDTOT.png (239KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.png
239KB, 800x600px
QTDDTOTT Questions That Dont Deserve Their Own Thread Thread

Old
>>39580489
>>
best dick exercise for mass?
>>
File: prog.png (3KB, 184x216px) Image search: [Google]
prog.png
3KB, 184x216px
routine check me senpai.

basically greyskull but I don't like 3x5 rep range
>>
>>39595856
I found an old barbell in my basement, but one of the pieces slides off when I put the weights on. Also are there caps where I can put the weights on and hold them there?
>>
File: 2C188cmqEE-4.png (11KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
2C188cmqEE-4.png
11KB, 300x250px
clicking in upper back sometimes when i retract my scapula, often tingly and sore around the same area, tight shoulder (i'm thinking it must be related). i still lift, and that doesn't seem to make it any better or worse (except maybe on heavy OHPs, which i do less of now), but it's annoying and uncomfortable af. help...
>>
>>39595878
not sure why you think you need dips and chins in there...

if tou want something, curls and calves maybe
>>
>>39596498
maybe

post pic of the end with the thing off
>>
When running, does it matter if I breath through my mouth or my nose?
Mouth feels more natural since I can get more air but some people said I should breath through my nose instead.

So does it matter?
>>
>>39596530
probably infraspinatus (muscle just below the spine of the scapula)

poke around on it and look for sore spots. most likely somw just below the spine toward the inner edge.
>>
>>39595878
Looks solid. I'd prefer to have a 2:1 deadlift to squat ratio though.
>>
>>39596561
i was told in grade school to breathe through my nose to warm the air

indians used to go on runs in the desert with a mouthful of water the werent supposed to swallow as a test of their willpower

practically, though it doesnt matter
>>
File: olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg (31KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
olympic-barbell-power-cleans.jpg
31KB, 500x500px
>>39596550
I'm at work now but those things at the ends.
>>
>>39595872
penile thickening surgery
>>
>>39596604
>with the thing off

so I could see the way the end of the bar is cut to attach it

might be a nut, might be a set screw, might be a c clip, or something else entirely
>>
when cutting, do you have to take breaks every few months? Currently trying to cut 20 pounds off my physique and wondering if I have to pause during these 4 months.
>>
>>39596656
just do a refeed every 2 weeks
>>
>>39596667
forgive me, what's a refeed? is it necessary at a 500 calorie deficit?
>>
What does /fit/ think of deadlift variations?

was thinking about picking up sumo deadlift
>>
First-time here on /fit/. I'm about 13 months into my workout, I was previously obese and realized I needed to improve myself. My workout is an 8 km (5 mile) walk/jog every day and calorie counting thanks to a FitBit, aiming for 1,000 calorie deficit a day. On days I don't work out as much I reduce my calorie intake accordingly. I don't do any other kinds of working out aside from stretching, and aside from my walking I'm relatively sedentary. My legs are in awesome shape but I've only lost a little belly fat and I've plateaued for the last 3 months.

My question is this: will my stomach fat go away if I do enough jogging, or should I adjust my workout? If so, what are some good exercises for burning stomach fat? I'm not in good enough shape to do sit-ups and my crunches are pretty lame.
>>
>>39596656
no you dont have to.

lyle mcdonald has a structured refeed/diet break schedule that depends on your bodyfat levels.

most people do a cheat meal or cheat day every week or two.

>>39596673
cheat meal

>>39596678
theyre fine. not really a sub for conventional though. sumo is better for competition for people with short arms, but conventional off blocks is probably a better exercise
>>
is this okay to build muscle? I workout in the morning and after I don't really have much to eat, maybe a small pot of ff greek yogurt (150 cals), and then the next time I eat is after work, about 7 o'clock. I get my protein and calories in, but I use dirty foods to do it in such a short time like a pint of ice cream.

does the food choice matter to build muscle and does the timing of my calories and protein matter to bulk?
>>
>>39596574
thanks i'll look into this
>>
>>39596673
take a day to eat at maintenance every 2 weeks, with those extra calories preferably coming from carbs.

it's not necessary but can be used to break through a plateau
>>
>>39596718
>>39596704
>>39596667
Neat. thanks!
>>
>>39596702
if you plateaued, youre not running a deficit

calorie deficit is what gives weight loss

>>39596706
kcals + protein + stimulus + recovery = growth

consistency is much more importan than timing or food cleanliness
>>
Any way to tighten sloped neck skin?
>>
>>39596735
if weightloss doesnt do it, surgery is really the only option.

sorry.
>>
>>39596613
But I'm natty Han brolo
>>
>>39596781
youll still be youtube natty
>>
>>39596733
>if you plateaued, youre not running a deficit
>calorie deficit is what gives weight loss
Alright, assuming that there's error in the calorie counting happening (FitBit giving inaccurate info or I'm not inputing the right calorie values) if I keep running a 1,000 calorie deficit, will my stomach fat go away properly if I just keep running every day? It's droopier and less attractive than it was a year ago despite losing more than 50 pounds (mostly off the legs and hips).
>>
>>39596794
1 lb of weight loss is a 3500 kcal deficit. if the scales not moving, youre not losing. regardless of how youre counting. its a data trumps theory thing.

tighten skin? maybe maybe not. skin elasticity is mostly genetics (though things like smoking can make it worse).

maybe your tummy does look worse, but youre 50 lbs healthier and your face and body in clothes probably both look loads and loads better.

worst case: you wear one piece bathing suits in the summer to hide the loose skin and look 50 lbs slimmer and sleeker than you did a year ago.
>>
So i have carpal tunnel and can't feel the tips of my fingers on my right hand. I've been told to take 2-3 weeks off work while it recovers.

How bad of an idea is to continue lifting for those 3 weeks?
>>
>>39596882
Okay, thanks. I've been hearing conflicting opinions about the issue, I'll add this one to the pile. I think I'm still going to add some crunches to my post-workout routine all the same, it can't hurt to do so.
>>
anyone know of a good quality, comprehensive movement quality assessment process i can self administer?

starrett's supple leopard stuff lacks structure

cook's athletic body in balance is pretty limited
>>
>>39595856
I am going to start adding preacher curls to my bicep accessories and was wondering what should I put the weight on if I use an ez bar (25lb bar). I notmally hit 3x10 at 30lbs when doing dumbell curls and hammer curls.
>>
>>39596987
core strength is good but you cant spot reduce (i.e. exercise doesnt make you skinny just where you work your muscles). fat comes off from all over all at once. how much and from where is genetic.

id suggest stuart mcgill's big three rather than crunches for core work. its better for your back and more comprehensive core work. (lots of videos out there. just google stuat mcgill big three)
>>
>>39596981
lifting kight or might not make it worse. depends on the exact cause.

triggerpoints.net. might help.

fingertip numbness is also a sign of diabetes. i hope your doc checked for that.
>>
>>39597007
im guessing you want to know how mich weight you should put on the bar.

start with jusr the bar and work up to a weight you can do 8-12 reps with moving only at the elbows. dont cheat your reps.
>>
>>39597055
After feeling my wrist she seemed pretty convinced it was CTS. I had none of the other signs for diabetes, but im having a blood test tomorrow anyway so i guess i'll find out.
>>
>>39597077
okay. just thought id ask.
>>
what other muscles than legs should u work to help ur deadlift
>>
>>39597029
>>39596987
like another anon said, weight loss is like taking water out of a bath tub. You can take as much water out of it as you like, but you can't shape it.
>>
Should I add any accessory work to Greyskull or just stick to the 3 lifts a day?
>>
>>39597077
also, grip imbalance might be a contributing factor to cts. you typically have much stronger hand closing strength than hand opening strength.

training hand opening muscles isnt usually a problem though since they get work stabilizing the wrist (i.e. holding the wrist straight) when you close your hand.

but you can train hand opening with rubber hands wrapped around your fingers and thumo
>>
>>39597098
grip, abs, grip, lats, grip

>>39597106
noob? stick to the basic lifts for now. maybe do curls for 3x10 once a week after your workout if you want.
>>
Im getting a tattoo in a few weeks (yes yes degeneration now fuck off) , how do I keep it clean while going to the gym 5 times p/week ? Someone told me it could get infected
>>
This is embarrassing but I pissed myself tonight. I was dreaming I had to go to the bathroom really badly and then I noticed warmth in my briefs and woke up.

Should I concerned myself with this? I'm 27 year old. I also started taking ZMA half a month ago and I read report of people having really vivid dreams.
>>
>>39597140
big gauze squares and elastic medical tape

>>39597157
depends what you need. generally isolation work is for small/weak parts.

>>39597163
once is not a problem. regular incontinence at your age is pretty serious. if it happens again, see an MD.
>>
Good dumbbell tricep isolation exercise?
Thinking about finally adding some accesories to my program.
Would biceps and triceps be enough or should I add anything else?
>>
>>39597163
All I can suggest is go to the bathroom before bed and avoid water a few hours before bed.

Otherwise just view it as an isolated one-time thing. I've pissed the bed once or twice as an adult and I have no idea why. Just happens once in a blue moon.
>>
>>39597201
see the second part of
>>39597198
>>
>>39597203
I drink like a liter of tea before I go to bed, because I need to take ZMA capsules and I'm really bad at taking pills. Also in the morning I have dry mouth as fuck and I'm thirsty. Fit has instilled fear in me that I will die of dehydration so I drink a fuckload of water and tea.
>>
>>39597235
well you have drymouth because you're drinking tea.

Again, if it's just a one-time thing don't worry about it too much. If it happens more than once consider seeing a doctor
>>
arms not getting any size gains. Is it retarded to do curls, skull crushers and chin ups like every other day?
>>
File: 1477099161650.jpg (11KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
1477099161650.jpg
11KB, 250x228px
currently 6'1" 250lbs on a maintenance diet been gaining a lot of strength recently... should i cut so i'm not a fat ass anymore or what
>>
>>39595856
Is taking Adenosine a meme?
>>
>>39597333
eat food
use enough weight
dont cheat the movement
do the basic lifts (squat, bench, dead, row, etc) first
repeat for a couple years
>>
>>39597414
yes

>>39597393
you could stand to lose 50 lbs probably
>>
File: 1479832758736.jpg (226KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1479832758736.jpg
226KB, 1080x1349px
1st edition SS had you do Bench and Deadlift on the same day, but 3rd edition has you OHP and Deadlift on the same day. Why was it changed?
>>
im 178cm, and was skinnyfat 86kg three months ago, started weightlifting eating in deficit, right now i am 80kg.

aesthetically i'm much better although there is some fat to go, and i was somehow able to gain some mass

just downloaded a calorie counter app, discovered i was eating more calories than i thought, now im worried i wasted this period i was able to gain some muscles while losing fat eating more than i should

how bad is that?
>>
Do you recommend for a woman the GreySkullLP routine or should she go for StrongCurves or another workout?

Should she do cardio after workout/off days?

Asking for a friend..
>>
I know it sounds dumb but... how do I efficently count the calories Im eating?
>>
What can I do to strengthen my lower back before using free weights? I've tried a few times but end up injuring it and being out for two to four weeks before I can lift again.

Anything I can do (machines, stretches etc) before I try again?
>>
How do I cure over pronation?
>>
Do you add sugar when counting carbs? I know you subtract fibers but the sugar is what concerns me.
>>
>>39597508
balance
bench and deadlift are both heavy
press and clean are lighter
one of each makes the stress more even from workout to workout
>>
How do I make the Dumbbell less intimidating for me at the gym...

I'm at the very beginning of starting off my road to gains, have a good protein and carb diet going along with measly knowledge of what workouts to do to work certain areas, but can still do basic workouts.

All the 'routines' I'lve look at involve using the barbell but every time I go to use it I feel like I'm gonna be a dumbass with it. I'm sticking to using dumbells for now but I want to advance.

Keep in mind my metabolism my entire life is platinum and I'm lanky as fuck, trying to bulk.
>>
>>39597514
only matters whether youre getting to your goal or not. if kcals look weird but youre gaining or losing as appropriate, its fine.

>>39597516
depends what she wants.

generic noob training programs are fine for girls.

unless youre playing a sport though you dont *need* much more than light exercise like walking and push ups to be healthy
>>
>>39597543
bathroom scale and a regression calculation

collect daily data of your weight (first thing in the morning after you piss but before you eat is good. fit a curve to the data, then look at the average rate of change. 1 lb of change per time period is 3500 kcals of surplus/deficit

>>39597564
google stuart mcgill big three
>>
>>39595878
How long have you been lifting?

>>39596702
read the sticky. Spot reduction isn't a thing.

>>39597624
Just use it and learn.
>>
>>39597600
>press is light
idk fampai, pressing 135 for 3x5 is pretty fucking heavy at this point kek
>>
>>39597594
sugar is part of carbs

>>39597581
forefoot strike and foamroll hips, particularly the external rotators. if you dont know them, google them.

>>39597624
lighter weights
>>
>>39597680
compared to bench, dumbass

and yes 135 is still a light press
>>
>>39597690
I weigh 170 tho...
>>
>>39597633
but is losing 6kg fat in 3 months decent? or should/could i have lost more?
>>
>>39597712
only impreasive if female

a heavy press starts at bodyweight
>>
>>39597727
thats what? half a kilo a week? its fine.
>>
>>39597681
What if I have weak hip rotators? Would that be a cause or a result of over pronation?
>>
>>39597659
Thank you sir
>>
>>39597751
depends. could be compensating for weakness with tightess or you could be unstable.

the dominant idea in rehab right now is mobilize then stabilize, though. if you keep it mobile and work on good form, that should be enough.
>>
Due to nut allergies, I can't eat peanut butter or take protein powder. What else can I consume for protein other than meat?
>>
>>39597803
Can you take soy or hemp protein powder? Or just none at all?
>>
>>39597803
vegan/vegetarian?

egg or fish (if lacto-ovo or pescetarian), hemp, rice, soy (not good, but better than nothing), etc. plenty of options for powders.

beans are decent for protein, too.
>>
is rowing (in a boat, not using a row machine) a viable method of working out?
>>
>>39597803
I have a nut allergy and have protein powder. MyProtein is nut free.

Res to my protein comes from milk, tuna, eggs, chicken and beef mainly.
>>
>>39597839
yes.

kind of equipment intensive though, what with neesing a boat and a body of water.
>>
>>39597803
BCAAs

your body can make the nonessential amino acids with adequate kcals
>>
>>39597778
>good form
How do I work on that while walking?
>>
File: micrOs.jpg (49KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
micrOs.jpg
49KB, 610x343px
Is it unreasonable to aim for macros only, take a multivitamin, and just hope the micros work out?

Assuming I'm eating a reasonably varied diet and not 10 McChickens a day
>>
>>39598368
pioint knees forward, point second toe forward, roll from heel to toe, walk barefoot alot

katy bowman has a bunch of stuff on her website about good walking biomechanics

nutritiousmovement.com

not the only resource, but a start
>>
>>39598510
not great but you could do worse
>>
I'm trying to lose 100 pounds from 307 to 207 or so (or even 180 if it's doable/healthy)

I already go to the gym every other day and try to bike in my rest days 30-40 minutes a day.

I can work a good sweat, but I don't seem to be making that much progress with weight loss. I'm only losing 1-2 pounds a week. Any way I can accelerate that or is that already a healthy weight loss schedule?
>>
File: frame.jpg (84KB, 640x541px) Image search: [Google]
frame.jpg
84KB, 640x541px
I'll be on vacation in the Caribbean when winter break hits in a couple weeks. I'm 6'2 160 lbs, have been trying to gain weight for a few months so that has been accompanied by some fat.

Is it worth it to cut for two weeks just to look good on the beach and maybe get laid, or should I keep bulking?
>>
>>39598628
Up to you, I would just try and keep up with fluids green tea/water and cut out a bit of carbs before the trip to get a nice cut going
>>
>>39598628
fuck if that guy on the left lifted hard he could easily leave humanity behind
>>
Starting my fitness journey. What are the best websites/apps for tracking my calories?
>>
>>39598613
1-2 lbs a week is fine

exercise is mostly for your health, not for weight loss. deficits are easier to create by just not eating so much.

>>39598628
just enjoy your vacation.
>>
>>39598613

Don't rush weight loss, control your diet and keep working hard, beginner gains always slows down the weight loss initially because you're gaining muscle, but this helps burn more calories passively.

Keep up the great work
>>
>>39598651
sounds good yeah, I'm leaning towards a casual cut, nothing too intense. thanks

>>39598666
thanks satan!
>>
>>39598628
I'd go on a small deficit or just stay at maintenance for the two weeks, and try to drink around a gallon of water a day up until then and for that week so you don't retain water weight as much.
>>
>>39598662
bathroom scale and a kitchen scale.

calorie counters are inaccurate estimates.

your best bet is to measure and decrease food consumption until the bathroom scale starts to read lower at a reasonable weight.
>>
>>39598688
you have two weeks

not much you can do worthwhile there to change
>>
>>39598662
I agree with
>>39598693
if you're going on a bulk first then count your calories for a week or so to understand just how much food 3kcal or whatever your bulking # is
>>
>>39598690
good idea, thanks

>>39598708
true, and I doubt abs will be the deciding factor in whether I find a qt or not
>>
Is 50% fat, 25% protein and 35% ok for weight loss?

I tried keto with great results but found it difficult to maintain, given my current situation.

I don't even lift, by the way
>>
>>39598819
>Is 50% fat, 25% protein and 35% ok for weight loss?
fucking hell.
Is 50% fat, 25% protein and 25% carbs ok for weight loss?*
>>
If I get my heart rate up before working out could I burn more fat/calories from working out?
>>
>>39598723
no. only matters if the scale/bodyfat is moving in the right direction

kcal estimates can be off by 40% depending on how you measure (e.g. by volume instead of weight)

even with accurate measurement the stated values are allowed to be off by 10%.

two scales. one for you. one for the food. only thing that matters is the relative movement toward the desired goals.
>>
>>39598834
not much more.

>>39598819
more protein and fewer carbs if you get hungry

kcals in should be less than kcals out to lose weight
>>
Hey guys i need to cut 60lbs for the military, ive been doing 800 cals a day 50% protein and 25% carbs 25% of fats. the problem is that i don't know how to effectively cut, ive notice changes in legs mostly. Its has been 2 weeks of this
>>
>>39598907
800 cals a day isn't smart. you're going to burn so much muscle and your body will retain the fuck out of any food you give it because you aren't giving it enough.
>>
>>39598907
dont join the military. just shoot yourself in the leg and get a job ar mcd's. same result and people will respect you more.
>>
>>39598925
what would you suggest for daily intake
>>
>>39598940
enough to lose 1-2 lbs per week
>>
>>39598949
so like 1200?
>>
>>39598960
>>39598940
calculate your TDEE and go off of that. your counting won't be very reliable but you still need something to go off. i'd go -700 or -800 from your tdee instead of -500 though
>>
>>39598996
cut off your arms and legs

or drink a protein shake beforw you put anything else in your mouth.

any flavor but only protein for calories.

protein helps suppress appetite

also cut out anything with fructose or table sugar. helps improve insulin resistance.
>>
>>39598996
don't buy junk food, ever. drink lots of water. don't eat just because you're bored.

go for walks, or jogs/bikerides if you're capable. take up a sport to make getting enough exercise more enjoyable.
>>
File: 1480799828080.png (60KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1480799828080.png
60KB, 500x407px
WHY ISNT MY CHEST GROWING? REEEEEE
>>
anyone have a link to that website where it estimates your bodyfat based on your height, weight and lifts?
>>
WHERE TO GET STARTING STRENGTH EBOOK

>>
>>39599143
amazon or steal it
>>
File: pullupsjpg.jpg (1MB, 2156x1918px) Image search: [Google]
pullupsjpg.jpg
1MB, 2156x1918px
So I did 15 pull ups in a row.
The first 8 are left pic, from the on my forn gets all fucked up, I engage the core and my back gets rounded.

Any input why that happens? Also i'd like to be able to do 20+; What program?
>>
I'm starting a bulk and should be aiming for 3000 calories a day. This seems insane to me, what are some cheap easy things to eat? I'm thinking of loading up on eggs tuna and milk.
>>
File: 1480741890620.png (405KB, 562x555px) Image search: [Google]
1480741890620.png
405KB, 562x555px
>>39599218
I'm walking off hungly skeleton mode, my lord and saviour is a smoothie (1L 3% milk 550kcal / ~100g rolled oats 300kcal / 2 bananas) Is not a total of 1kcal, but it is good enough. gets down easy. Total cost is like 3 (pick a valut of choice here)
>>
>>39599265
1k kcal*

>>39599078
because you are forgetting the SQUEEZING exercises :^)
>>
I'm new to bench lifting, but I looked up proper form. My chest is arched and puffed out, my elbows aren't straight, and my legs are tight enough to kick me in the face if I let go of them.
Hell I even try to use my chest muscles specifically when lifting.

But somehow the space between my pecs and delts is sore instead of the the pecs. I read that this is a bad thing when your form is fucky, any advice?
>>
>>39599212
spooky
>>
File: 1478666667149.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478666667149.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>39599291
shut the fuck up faggot
>>
>>39599288
actually I think I figured it out, might be my grip width.
>>
File: post.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
post.png
17KB, 900x900px
I do HIIT on the stationary bike and I'm kinda confused on how to progress. I started out with 15 seconds high intensity and 1 minute moderate intensity and that lasts for about 12 minutes total for 10 reps. Then I upped that to 15 reps and the total time jumps to almost 19 minutes. Today I did 20 seconds high intensity and the same 1 minute moderate intensity, and it felt like it was clearly more taxing than doing 15 reps, but it only lasts for 13 minutes. Which way is the best for fat loss?
>>
>>39599365
eat less
>>
>>39599369

I am eating less you fucking faggot, if you can't comprehend the question you're free to go be a moron somewhere else
>>
How to convince a girl that free weights aren't the devil?
>>
>>39599429
exercise doesnt matter for fat loss

only calorie deficit.

kill yourself, you stupid fat fuck.
>>
is keto advantageous to a balanced diet at a deficit at all?
>>
>>39599441
reverse psychology. treat free weights as if theyre too difficult. be a little patronizing and tell her that machines are for girls.

once shes using then you can reveal your manipulation.

be subtle, not an asshole.
>>
>>39599461
slight metabolic advantage because more protein and proteins probably 2 kcal/g not 4

less hunger if youre a fatty

effective treatment of epilepsy

about it really
>>
>>39599482
So there really isn't a very significant advantage?
>>
>>39599464
She somehow believes that freeweights are too difficult already.

And she's never touched a dumbbell heavier than 4kg.
>>
>>39599503
machines are fine. not ideal but fine.

regardless pressure to use free weights isnt helping
>>
>>39599516

Plan is to get her acquainted with machines first.
>>
>>39599447

Burning calories through exercises along with a caloric deficit doesn't aid in weight loss? What world are you from you fucking retard?
>>
>>39599576
not significantly

and intense exercise tends to make you hungry for kcals

im from the world of 22 years of liftan experience, aon.
>>
I'm 22, 5'11 165 lbs

Lifts are:
Bench 3x5 185 lbs
Squats 3x5 240
Deadlifts 1x5 305

Where am I at mode?
>>
>>39599624
shitpost mode
>>
>>39599647
eat my anus
>>
File: 1471809627778.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471809627778.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>39599593
>not significantly
>these people give you advice
>>
>>39599682
>being this new

did you even think to google exercis vs diet for weight loss?

ill wait.
>>
File: 1469753301787.gif (1MB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1469753301787.gif
1MB, 250x233px
>>39599682
>newfag
>>
>>39599593

I didn't claim any specific level of weight loss associated to cardio exclusively, the point is that it does aid, as you just said. I'm not counting calories but I'm definitely eating way less and healthier than before, and I'm doing fine dealing with hunger for the past month along with HIIT. Granted I got a bit too defensive in the previous posts and maybe I should've worded the question better, but all I wanted to know was a good progress route to reach that 20 minute mark.
>>
>>39599738
dont forget to worry about when to take your bee pollen and fish oil too, then, while youre doing things that might have a negligible but nonzero effects on your weight loss.

definitely dont focus on the important stuff thats easy to manage. you wouldnt want to have free time to enjoy your life.

moron.
>>
>tfw too weak to open shaker bottle cap

It's seriously making my fingers red. It's like trying to open a locked door. I'm not talking about unscrewing it, just flipping the top off

DYEL
>>
>>39598510
If your eating your veggies and fruits I wouldn't worried about Micros.
>>
I've been lifting for about 4 months now and made some awesome noob gains. I'm currently on a bulk.

At 5'11", 190lbs, and ~20% bodyfat when should I begin a cut in the spring in order to be ready for next summer?
>>
How is HIIT swimming for cardio on my off days? What stroke should I be doing?
>>
>>39599816

Oh yeah because 20 minutes out of my day 3 times a week takes such a huge toll on my life and free time. This whole conversation is just you assuming random shit like an idiot instead of answering a question, which I then clarified, and you still maintain the streak. Good job.
>>
So I'm doing Greyskull and I want to include something for my abs. I know freeweights helps your core and abs but I want some strong looking abs after I cut. So I've decided to add in an extra exercise for them. Question is, how do I train them?

What set/rep ratio for abs is good with a strength training routine?
>>
>>39599988
not very bright are you

its not "dont exercise" but "dont agonize over optimal fat burning for your hiit workou"

bleach your esophagus

because youre autistic, that means drink bleachh and kill yourself
>>
>>39600014
abs dont really develop like that. they get stronger but they dont really hypertrophy as visibly as other muscles.

honestly some planks, front and side, are good for ab work. ab rollouts or stir the pots are good once youre good at planks.
>>
>>39597671
on and off for about two years. I'm trying to organise my program for consistency.
>>
>>39600056
Poopy

So I guess the natty limit meme is real. I'm sure they will grow a bit though once I begin working them though, no?

Oh well, how long should my planks be and when should I switch to the wheel?
>>
I may sound retarded but my friend is a huge lifter I am a novice he gave me something to called halodrol is it safe to take while working out for reference I'm 140lbs skinny just stating after bulging disc in lower back
>>
>>39600087
theyll grow, but theyre a big flat sheet of muscle

stuart mcgill suggests sets of 10 second holds (hold ten, rest, repeat)

other people suggest trying to get 90 or 120 seconds in as few holds as possible

switch when you think theyre much too easy. i know thats vague, but you dont want to switch too early to harder bodyweight exercises. there are pretty big jumps in effort between those exercises and form is important.
>>
Is it ok to eat raw oats?
>>
>>39600104
if you dont know what pct is, dont take steroids.

>>39600126
causes gi distress in some people

you can toast them in a dry frying pan until golden brown if you want to eat them dry.
>>
Can a bulging disk heal over time I know it won't heal completely.>>39600141
And thank you. I'm only 21 and hear it's bad for test
>>
>>39600124
I'll try the second one because there is a set goal and afterwards try to get into the ab wheel.
>>
File: IMG_0708.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0708.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
how do i fix this. my shoulders look somewhat normal if i dont do this but i know its fucking my progress. how do i make it so this wont happen. like what stretches or what not. im very inflexible
>>
Just turned 18, 168, 5'11, 15% BF

Squat: 320
Bench:225
Deadlift:385

Will I continue to get naturally stronger/fill out from getting older? Long term lifters, how much were you able to improve through remaining consisntant throughout college and adulthood? With consistency what kind of strength should I expect when I'm 25/30?
>>
>>39600151
yes it can. completely even. but it takes years. two years, iirc.

surgery is only really necessary if theres nerve impingement.
>>
>>39600163
what problem?

your scapula is supposed to lift off your back a bit and your shoulder round a bit when your hand is behind your back.
>>
>>39600179
Thank God can it says it can heal as early as 6 months and my back doesn't hurt as bad it's been about 1 and a half months and I feel good but do you think I can do upper body?
>>
>>39597007
Do preacher curls with dumbells instead. Ez bar is a meme unless used for tricep work.
>>
>>39600171
lots of people continue to get stronger until theyre about 35, then they start to decline.

as for what to expect, I couldnt predict. injuries, changes in goals and lifestyle... maybe world records in powerlifting. maybe epic dad bod dyel.

good luck, kid, youre strong as fuck
>>
>>39600029

There you go assuming shit again. Do I have to spell it out for you? Because it seems I have to. You do realize that people do cardio for other purposes such as improving endurance, right? Would it be a possibility that I have other reasons as well? I even corrected myself and clarified that I just wanted to improve my HIIT time, and the signature retard response drops once again. Might want to reconsider who's autistic here.
>>
>>39600209
Preacher is good for forearm development right mine are supper tiny
>>
File: IMG_0707.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>39600198
see how my shoulder leans forward im iconvinced its not normal
>>
>>39600241
it looks fine
>>
>>39600224
Thanks man
>>
>>39600209
Preacher is good for forearm development right mine are supper tiny
>>
>>39600225
you do realize that changing your reason for asking a question doesnt mean you dealt with the original point, you retard

"i wanna do hit longer"

then do hiit longer. the fuck is wrong with you asking irrelevant questions?

this is "dont deserve their own thread" not "dont even deserve consideration"

seriously just fucking kill yourself you autistic fuck
>>
>>39597235
How about you drink your drinks earlier? I use to drink 2 liters every day slowly before bed but couldnt hand everyday puffy face drunkard I saw in the mirror in the morning.
>>
>>39600205
get cleared by your doc or dpt just to be safe.
>>
>>39595856
How to reply when a girl jokingly slips into a conversation that I'm hot? I'm good with chatting/flirting but clueless when this shit hapens, kv btw
>>
>>39600334
an offhand "thanks" works well for accepting a compliment

or flip your hair in an exaggerated way and say "i know"

or ignore it.

just dont suddenly become the needy guy and give her your complete and undivided attention.
>>
>>39598819
110% comrade!
>>
>>39600014
Question branching off this anon's

For those who just did the regular routine without core accessories. Were you glad with how visible your abs were after your cut?
>>
>>39600316
I've gotten a mri and was told it would heal on its own I just wanted to ask here since i believe it happens to more people than me but thank you!
>>
>>39599212
Because you're not strong enough to do more without fucking up your form?
>>
Prior skelly, current dyel, future toughguy. 6'3"
130>170(current)>200

Once I hit 200lbs I Intend to start training for a triathalon. How do I minimize my muscle loss.
I'm not trying to set any records with my triathalon speed, but I would definitely like to finish around 12-13 hours(average from what I hear)
>>
File: GKUOVAZ.gif (4MB, 375x211px) Image search: [Google]
GKUOVAZ.gif
4MB, 375x211px
Does anyone have more information on this variation of pull up? I did them today for the first time, and kept a hold of the bar and switched my grip, did another, and kept going walking down the bar until I couldn't hold on anymore. I could do almost the same amount as regular grip, but my grip went before my muscles got sore. Are they worth doing more of?
>>
>>39596561
i go in through my nose and out through my mouth, helps to control my pace and breathing
>>
>>39600385
its mostly about how much body fat you have

and some about how your genes say your abs are put together. some few unlucky people have one big ab rather than a six pack.
>>
>>39600420
weight training will help but cardio, particularly enough to do a 13 hour race, kill gains
>>
>>39600421
theyre a fun variation. no better or worse than any other regular pull up. a lot like a neutral (i.e. parallel grip) pull up
>>
>>39600385
http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/otis-up
>>
>>39600448
Thanks Anon. On the page I got this gif from they're called shoulder taps, but when I search should tap, I get push ups. Is there another name for them?
>>
>>39600465
mixed grip or alternating grip pull ups, i think
>>
File: Squat 1x5 95kg.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Squat 1x5 95kg.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I have long femurs and it actually helps me to have a more narrow stance instead of a wide one, anyone else?

I just saw a guy on YT and he also has long femurs but said the opposite.

And also rate form pls
>>
>>39600508
enviable ankle rom in the vid

i can barely get my knees past my toes

gotta get my knees way the fuck out to the sides with my long femurs.like 90 degree angle between my legs to make depth. and wear oly shoes

i hate squats.
>>
>>39600508
good form

no back rounding. amazing depth.
>>
>>39600539
https://youtu.be/XISJxsccN1E?t=373
(at 6:15 vid time)

This exercise has definitely helped me a lot, I do it with 95lbs before and after every workout.

I don't know if it's better to do it before or after you warm up, but from what I feel it's better after.
>>
>>39595872
I've heard jelqing actually works but I could never be assed to try it

Try losing weight
>>
>>39600581
its a bony limit thing. fancy calf stretches just make my arches collapse. thanks, though. i appreciate the thought.
>>
I've lost about 80 pounds in the course of a year and a half

is there anything non-surgery I can do about the skin, it's starting to get noticeable and I'm only about half way to my goal weight.
>>
>>39600627
keep losing weight. that might fix it. if not, surgery is about all you can do.

but hey at least you lost the weight and youll look so mich better in clothes.
>>
File: 1412730404055.png (81KB, 773x773px) Image search: [Google]
1412730404055.png
81KB, 773x773px
>>39600393
b-but I can still do a lot of reps
>>
File: 1460215907756.jpg (197KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460215907756.jpg
197KB, 1152x768px
I'm doing swimming for cardio, but I'm abysmal at it. In 20 minutes, I'm able to cover about 400m switching between freestyle and backstroke.

I'm tempted to switch to couch to 5k until I'm not awful at cardio in general, but I'm afraid I'll run into upper body fatigue issues when I switch back to swimming sessions (my shoulders and arms have been tiring out rather easily in the pool). I've looked at the 0-700 plan for swimming (http://ruthkazez.com/Zeroto1milePreamble/pre-zero.html), but I'm having some trouble progressing in a reasonable time.

Should I ditch the swimming for now or just keep plowing away at it until I git gud? Also, how well does swimming carry over to dry land cardio?
>>
>>39599218

Eggs, milk, peanut butter. These are your cheap, high-tier bulking foods.
>>
>>39600772
swimming is one of the most technique dependent sports

get the total immersion swimming book and video. pay for it if you have to. do the drills in there. youll be a better swimmer almost immediately.
>>
>>39600825
I found a torrent of the freestyle made easy dvd. Is that all I need or should I do some more digging?
>>
>>39600842
thats a good start

the book will help but the video is probably the most important
>>
>>39595856
ive been finding black chicks more and more attractive. is this just a phase or what? i actually prefer some black females over whites. i dont feel normal at all boys.
>>
>>39600880
about 30% of people are most attracted to people of their own race

this might be a phase, might be a crisis of confidence (black people are typically lower status than other races), or just a broadening of options

i wouldnt worry about it unless your friends and family think youre making bad decisions because of it (e.g. trying to marry a drug addicted stripper when youre about to graduate law school)
>>
The sticky mentions that I shouldn't drink soda. Trying to do that, and also get rid of "powder juice", but drinking water makes my mouth feel kind of awful and sometimes I feel like puking a bit. Is this shit normal for someone that hasn't drank water regurlarly for years?

Also, what else could I drink, besides water/coffee/tea? Is natural fruit juice ok as long as I don't dump a shitload of sugar into it?
>>
>>39600947
>about 30% of people are most attracted to people of their own race
(((citation needed)))
>>
>>39600953
yes its normal. youll get used to it.

a little lemon or lime juce squeezed in the water helps.

>>39600956
ok cupid data on iterracial contact rates. usually used in pol to show that whites are the most commonly second preferred race behond ones own race, iirc
>>
>>39600947
im mixed tho. white and black half breed.
>>
>>39600953
diet soda is okay

the acid isn't great for your teeth, but there's no sugar to make you fat.
>>
>>39596561
Breathe in from your nose. It warms the air, otherwise youre going to open yourself up to exercise induced asthma, and take it from someone whos currently suffering from it, its a bitch
>>
>>39600995
i wouldnt worry about it.
>>
>>39600965
ok, thanks

>>39601002
diet soda tastes even worse
>>
>>39601019
diet dr pepper, too?

sorry to hear that
>>
>>39600953
drinking tap water?

a filter pitcher like one from pur or brita might help. pur is probably the best, but their filter cartriges can clog if you completely fill the pitcher.
>>
>>39601029
not american, only brands that exist in america that exist around here are coca-cola ones, and I think they started selling mountain dew last month

however, now that I'm remembering brands, it's pretty much just the cheap shit that's awful, Coke Zero isn't so bad

will probably buy one to keep in the back of fridge though

>>39601053
yes, filters are expensive though
will try buying water to see if it's tap problem or just that my body isn't used to water [spoiler]drank at max 4 cups of water per year in the last 8 years[/spoiler]
>>
>>39596992
for which movement, for which body part. I could walk you through any of them probably

>>39598819
LOL please be memeing
In studies keeping a normal 15p 25f 60c and just reducing kcal was the most effective way to lose weight. Eating 50% fat opens you up to a ton of cardiovascular diseases. people who think carbs are bad are fuckin retarded and need to do research for themselves.

>>39599461
No, and it was not designed for healthy individuals.

>>39599593
depends on what you call significant. Sure its not too much, but it accumulates and the health and composition benefits allow for weight loss to become easier. Fuel utilization can be trained and thats even better. Plus youre assuming there arent people out there who burn 500kcal a day doing cardio.

>>39600508
Only issue I see (cant see them all as its only a saggital viwew) is that your knees might be buckling as you are halfway up. Glute/vastus medialis weakness. I know youre squatting, but you can supplement other movments to aid this weakness.
>>
Why are my Squats and Bench stalling so hard, despite training them just as much as my other core lifts? I started lifting about 3 months ago, in that time my lifts have gone

Deadlifts 70kgs - 150kgs
OHP 30kgs - 70kgs
Squats 70kgs - 90kgs
Bench 60kgs - 85kgs
>>
Recovering fatty here

Started at 305 and am now at 252. A lot of areas of my body have seen tremendous change throughout the course of this weight loss, however other parts, my lower belly and sides, have seen very little improvement. I've dropped this 50 pounds in 3 months. I'm eating 1200-1500 calories a day, lifting 6 times a week and running 4 times a week while working 4-5 days.

I had planned to lose down to 185 pounds (normal BMI) and then start focusing on bodybuilding. The normal bulk/cut routine.

So here's my question

Should I start a bulk/cut routine BEFORE reaching my goal weight at 185 pounds (120 pounds lost)? Like say at 200-220. I want to minimize loose skin however I can, and if that means bulking before hitting my weight loss goal I will. I accept that I've done irreparable damage to my body by being a fat as fat ass but I want to do whatever I can to minimize the damage.

I drink lots of water if that helps
>>
>>39601336
Good progress so far. Many fatties give up before reaching this stage.

>Should I start a bulk/cut routine BEFORE reaching my goal weight at 185 pounds (120 pounds lost)?
No.

>I want to minimize loose skin however I can
Hate to break it to you bud, but once you balloon up to a weight like 300 lbs it's tough to come back down without some battle scars. Loose skin is going to be there and muscle is not going to fix it. The most you can do is slim down and hope it heals with time. Aside from that, there's surgery.
>>
>>39601289
>70 kg ohp in 3 months
No.
>>
File: 1430176542827.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1430176542827.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>39601289
>started at 70kg squat, 60kg bench
>mfw I started at 70lbs 60 lbs
>>
Progress check for 1 3/4 months of lifting (DL - 1x5, everything elase - 3x5)

Bench 110
Row 116
OHP 66
Squat 143
Deadlift 154

Is this good enough for a skelly (140~ lbs)?
>>
>>39601389
Also 140 lbs here. I have similar stats except, only row 85 lbs, and deadlift 215.
>>
Does cardio after strength training cause muscle atrophy?

>don't workout for more than 45 mins.
>>
>>39601703
Not at all
You'll just need more calories since cardio burns them.
>>
>>39601703
yes
>>
>>39601109
>Only issue I see (cant see them all as its only a saggital viwew) is that your knees might be buckling as you are halfway up.

Yes, I noticed that as well, along with some knee pain.
I'm trying to fix it and it turns out I wasn't focusing well enough, on my last reps it still happens but not anywhere close to before, so pretty much just strengthen my Gluteus/vastus medialis?
>>
Routine check plz, goyim
>>
File: N.png (17KB, 439x708px) Image search: [Google]
N.png
17KB, 439x708px
>>39601853
Forgot pic
>>
>>39595856
How much should a short person weigh to be considered big, assuming fair muscle definition.
Pic is me 5'5'' 140lb. Long term goal is 1/2/3/4
>>
File: IMG_1022.jpg (64KB, 552x742px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022.jpg
64KB, 552x742px
>>39601950
Forgot pic
>>
File: Laughing-Lion.jpg (52KB, 625x411px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Lion.jpg
52KB, 625x411px
>>39601966
like 180lbs
also
>longer term
>>
How long rest would recommend before doing the same exercise again (i.e. bench)?
>>
Is it possible that failing my squats fucked up my whole workout (beginner on a linear progression)
>>
>>39602125
Depends on your program, goals and a whole ot of other shit, what is up with you fucking normies and these retarded questions.
>>
>>39602128
define "failing"
>>
>>39602149
Like you cant complete the 5 reps that you should do on one of the 3 sets. In my case i ended up doing one set of 5 and one of 4 only. At the 5th I went down and couldnt get up again. Now I'm having problems on my chinups (shouldnt happen). Or maybe its just a bad day for my body.
>>
1) about push pull legs routine, why is it PPLXPPL instead of PLPXPLP, latter you dont use the same muscles 2 days in a row.

2) if im a NEET and can go to the gym at any time twice a day, wouldnt i benefit more doing a split routine going twice a day and hitting all muscles twice per week?
>>
>>39602175
Well then, no, you didn't fuck up your whole workout. You can always salvage bad days with lowering the weight and trying again but in the end is consistency that matters.
It happens, not a big deal, just keep going.
>>
>>39602203
Im sorry Im not mainly english speaker. What I meant was not that everything I'm doing after squats is useless. I'm only finding it a little harder to do exercises that I found easy on previous workouts, while I was already having problems with squats.
>>
>>39595856
how much of a meme DHEA is? does it really help with gains or it only makes you feel better when lifting?
>>
>>39601389
You are progressing well, do 5x5. You're a newfag, maximise your gains by getting used to eating a lot and lifting a lot.

Also for deadlift you need a few warmups, you know. It's not enough to just go 1x5 because you won't learn the form properly.
>>
is my routine ok?
chest/back
arms
shoulders and legs
chest/back
arms
>>
>>39602202
Pls respond
>>
>>39602245
anyone?
>>
Saturday I did 3x5 with 300 for squats and my workout got interrupted by an emergency and I couldn't get back to the gym that day. Today I'm repeating that session (I'm on SL). Should I do 305 for squats or just do 300 again?
>>
Redpill me on fast food. Why shouldn't I eat at McDonald's if I can get 25g of protein from some of their burgers?
>>
I haven't squatted for almost 2 weeks now, and when I tried today, I wasn't even able to get 70kg for 5 full reps, whereas before I could do 80 for 3 reps, what the fuck is up with that? I hate squats but I know they're essential for good leg development, I enjoy lifting so much more when I don't do them, but the benefits seem to outweigh my desire to skip them so I'm getting them back into my routine and doing them twice a week or rather, alternating deadlifts and squats, so A - deadlift B - squat A deadlift B squat A deadlift and so on, which means I'll only be squatting once every other week. Anyway, I have been deadlifting and really enjoying it, managed to get 105kg for 5 reps last week so I'm happy about that, what confuses me is the fact that even though i've been deadlifting, my squat has somehow decreased. Why is this the case?

I've also realised that for some weird reason, I can't seem to hit 5 reps on my first set of bench, but I can hit the 5 reps on my 3rd or 4th set, shouldn't it be the opposite? Shouldn't I be able to hit 5 reps since my ATP levels are higher earlier on in the workout, or is it just a case of not getting enough blood into the muscle before doing my working sets?
>>
File: 1479769899936.gif (2MB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
1479769899936.gif
2MB, 400x340px
Can someone tell me if my routine is acceptable?
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

A
Bench
OHP
(+Basically all the chest, triceps, shoulder stuff)

B
DL
Squats
(+Basically all the leg/back stuff)

All exercises are 3 to 5 sets of 8 to 10, except deadlift which is 3 of 5. My goal is to build some muscle mass. Do I have to hit each group more frequently than this or will this routine work?
>>
>>39602466
you can, but its packed with fat and in the long run it will fuck you up, but is a cheap, fast and delicious protein source
>>
>>39602501
Deadlifts and squats in the same workout is a bad idea. If your goal is to build muscle mass, why are you doing compound movements only? You're not hitting your arms, upper back, lats, and a lot of other muscle groups, you might as well just do SS if you're going that route.
>>
I need a plan to sat committed to losing weight. I figure tracking it would be best, but what would be the best way to track it?
>>
>>39602561
Calculate your TDEE (maintenance calories), eat below that, and track what you're eating using MyFitnessPal. Make sure you're on some sort of resistance training program too, check the sticky for that - a bit of cardio won't hurt either, you can do cardio on the weekend or something, but don't overdo it.
>>
>>39602552
I was lazy when writing that out. I do tons of accessories. I deadlift first and i don't care about increasing my squat, so they should be fine together, right? I want to split the two workouts like that so I have more recovery time for each muscle group.
>>
How do I count my calories without carrying a balance around? I'd rather try to not look even more like a weirdo
>>
Is this whole program going to work for me.

Im a beginner and I was going to just use the "Phase 3" workouts for Push Legs Pull then do Lower and Upper... but I think maybe I should follow the whole program.

Yes / No?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks-phase-1.html
>>
>>39602608
I see, well it's still not optimal to do both in the same workout since you won't be able to perform at your best for squats, but it doesn't hurt to try, trial and error can be great sometimes.
>>
Couldn't get it up with a partner last night (It was my first time too), but still can get an erection to porn.
There are some other symptoms too.
I've read some things and it seems I really do have porn addiction and ED induced by it.

You think it would be a good idea to go full monk mode, stop masturbating and watching porn altogether?
>>
>>39602655
Thanks dude. Like I said, I don't want my squat to go up until I've got more muscle elsewhere. I squat 245 for 5 reps a while ago, but I've just been doing 155 for 3 x 10 for a while.
>>
File: beginners lifting overview.png (607KB, 2233x4810px) Image search: [Google]
beginners lifting overview.png
607KB, 2233x4810px
>>39602636
No it lacks the frequency and volume for a beginner lifter.

See attached
>>
>>39602656
Yes it is a good idea. 10 days of nofap/noporn and your dick will be diamonds
>>
What's the best goal for legs given I only have adjustable dumbbells to work with. Working my way to a 1pl8 lunge or 1pl8 db front squat?
>>
>>39602833
Bulgarian split squats are better than lunges desu
>>
Sup fit, give me some of that sweet advice please.

Was feeling pretty sick this morning (sore throat and lots of mucus and shit in throat/mouth/nose). Got email from boss saying he was sick so I had to go to work either way to cover for him. Feeling somewhat better during the workday, but should I do a pull day? Is it wise to take this monday on the couch to recover and get ready for better lifts? Feeling really tired, but that might be because little sleep this weekend
>>
>>39602843
Then I'll look into doing them then. I love the satisfaction of front squats but I feel it more doing lunges, and most likely during split squats if I take them up. I planned on doing both exercises when I do light ohp, but it seems a bit much.
>>
>>39602925
No point turning up today and then ruining the rest of your week's workouts.

Take today off, rest properly and make sure you get a better workout later in the week
>>
File: 1354432444.jpg (16KB, 640x328px) Image search: [Google]
1354432444.jpg
16KB, 640x328px
So I started having this light but nagging pain below my left knee when I squat or otherwise lower myself controlled/exert force like sitting down slowly or lunging. While doing barbell squats it would dissipate around when I got to my work set however.

So I gave it a weeks rest and it still happened. Gave it another ten days and now the right knee is also starting to act like this, but lighter pain.

What the fuck is wrong with me? Am I being a bitch and should just push through it? Or do I have to visit a doctor? Really do doubt it's gonna help since the problem is nagging and not severe so they're just gonna tell me dont squat lmao
>>
File: 1452088460825.jpg (175KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452088460825.jpg
175KB, 960x720px
>>39602960
>>39602960

Thanks bro, that's what I suspect is the wise move.

I do, of course, feel like a quitter for just thinking of skipping one workout, but I believe my lifts will be better later in the week if I sit this monday out.
>>
>>39602990
Putting yourself out of action is a greater risk than the reward of a probably shitty single workout when feeling under the weather.

Just don't make a habit of it.
>>
>>39602988
No don't push through. Stop doing weighted squats and focus on mobility. Train leg curls and straight leg calf raises religiously.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (105KB, 692x438px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
105KB, 692x438px
Guys im going to gym in 25 min after 6 months break, i did calisthenics only during that time.

In gym i did SL, but i want to change it now, I can only go 3 times a week, should I try PPL or something like upper-lower?

Im thinking to try picture related, someone here posted few weeks ago.
>>
>>39602988
Sounds like patellar tendinitis.

I fixed mine by doing more hamstring work and squatting with a wider stance.
>>
>>39603129
>>39603157
Alright. More hamstring work. I can do that.

>>39603129
What kind of mobility are we talking though
>>
>>39603171
Squatting deeper will load your quads more and take the pressure off the patellar tendon. So do mobility that helps you squat deeper.
>>
File: 1452540179855.jpg (54KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452540179855.jpg
54KB, 539x960px
19yo (1 month from 20)
176 lB
6'0"

How do I achieve ottermode
pic related is me
>>
>>39602104
Hey man, everyone starts somewhere
>>
>>39603156
upper/lower or full body

hitting muscles once a week is a bad call (PPL)
>>
>>39603223
lose fat, do body weight fitness for upper body and sprints/plyometrics for lower

boom otter
>>
>>39603242
Thanks man, most straightforward answer I've ever gotten on this board
>>
What's the best program for pure aesthetics?

I just wanna look pretty, I don't care much about being strong
>>
>>39597163
Happened to me once. Was dreaming I was peeing in the public pool. Guess that's what I get.
>>
What are some good ways to build lower back muscle besides free weights?
>>
1) I'm doing 5x5 routine. If I can do the last set of 5 without failure, I take is as a sign to add 2.5 kgs to the bar next time, and if I fail the last set, I just try again next time with the same weigh, and keep doing this until I can complete my five sets without failure.
Am I doing it right or should I evade that failure at the last set? Should I deload if I fail?
2) How exacly deload works, btw?
>>
>>39603277
side planks
glute bridges
>>
>>39603284
thats fine

deload means spend a da or a week doing light work

reset means drop the weight by 10% and work back up
>>
I only eat 22g of fat a day. is that enough?
>>
>>39603223
Cut pretty hard, lift a bit.

You need to cut first though, hit 12% bf and you'll what your muscular devlopement is like.

>>39603266
To look pretty you need muscle mass, you'll get strong when you get muscle mass. Pure aesthetics doesn't exist.

Hypertrophy is highest when working with 80% of your 1 RM for a good amount of recoverable volume. Any periodised program that you stick to will get you gains.

>>39603299
400 calories from fats is what I have seen mentioned fairly often. You need at least 20g of fat a day just for transport of fat soluble micronutrients.
>>
>>39603284
I think it's a shit way to progress personally which I why i always program the last set to be as many reps as possible.

This way you can still get a volume PR even when deloading. Otherwise you risk spinning your wheels and never progressing because you aren't getting enough volume.
>>
>>39603266
PPL 2x/week

Push day tips:

focus on incline presses and upper chest. you don't need to flat bench. behind the neck press builds lateral and rear delts great, go light, 15-20 rep range, do not come within 1-2 reps of failure. do a pushdown exercise for lateral head of tris and an overhead extension for long head of tris.

Pull day tips:
Chinup/pullups are godlike. Once you can hit 3x12, add weight. For rows--if you can't pause the weight at peak contraction, you're going too heavy and cheating yourself. Don't ego lift for biceps either. Don't neglect forearms. Do your pulls from the floor touch and go (control the negative).

Leg tips:

You don't need to squat heavy unless you enjoy it. Front squats are pretty bae if you have weightlifting shoes.

tl;dr do not pay attention to powerlifting focused articles
>>
>>39603299
curious as to what your diet looks like to achieve this, are you vegan? it's fine over the short term but over multiple month periods you might not have the best quality of life. 40-50g/day is probably better
>>
>>39603343
That's what I suspect, because I'm stalling for the last two weeks. The question here is "If I pick weight light enough to do 5x5 without failure, how will I know that it's time to add more weight?"
>>
>>39603353
boiled potatoes for low glycemic carbs
super lean ground meat from the pig. (105kcal/100g and 22g of protein)
mostly spinach as a vegetable
some low fat curd cheese or similar.
>>
File: 1454338552072.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1454338552072.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>39603335
>Cut pretty hard, lift a bit.
>You need to cut first though
I just took a better pic of myself like 5 minutes ago so you can get a better look at what I'm working with.
>>
>>39603386
I don't like 5x5 personally because you can't lift heavy enough in my opinion.

3x5 or even 5x3 is something I've experienced better gains from.

Currently I'm recovering from an injury and squatting 5x3+ twice a week

So I do 4 sets of 3, then the last set I do as many reps as possible. If I get 3 reps I increase the weight by 2.5kg next workout. if I get 4 reps I do a judgement call on how hard it was as to how much I increase the weight by considering how easy it was. If I get 5 or more I increase by 5kg.
>>
>>39603406
Do more chest volume. Do extra core work.

Cut steadily to about 12% bf. Assess training goals from there.
>>
>>39603428
>Do more chest volume
Tried doing flyes and pushups, but I feel like it doesn't work chest hard enough because after a session, my arms are tired by my chest exhaustion leaves something to be desired.
I know where you're coming from with the extra core work though, I've been slacking on it.
>>
>>39603461
>>39603428
I meant to ask if there's anything that hardcore works chest
>>
>>39599279
how?
>>
>>39603474
dips
>>
>>39603474
I'd split chest work like this over the week:

Day 1
3x5+ bench (+ denotes last set AMRAP, if you get 5 reps increase weight by 2.5kg next week if you get 6 or more reps increase weight by 5kg)

Cable flyes 3x10 focus on explosive concentric motion and controlled eccentric

Dips 3x failure

Day 2
3x8 Dumbbell bench

3x10 incline barbell bench

Clapping push ups 3x15 or dips 3x failure

Day 3
3x10 bench press

3x8 incline dumbbell
>>
File: 1480280189925.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1480280189925.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>39603406
>>39603428
>>39603551
>>39603598
Thanks for the recommendations, and I thought this would entertain some people. I found a pic of me about 2 years ago, keep in mind I was in Navy for 8 months and only started working out again kinda about a month ago.
>>
>new to lifting
>guy that owns gym is an Olympic weightlifting coach, taught me form whenever he was there
>tells me my form is looking good
>work up to 2 plate squat
>owner on vacation for a month
>noticed right knee pain above knee cap
>take it easy, do lots of foam rolling, stretching
>weekend no problems with knee
>wake up today was stiff, walked around feels a lot better

Should i be worried? Should i squat today?
>>
>>39603615
>Should i be worried? Should i squat today?
No and no. Leg press would be better, but stay off squat until you're completely healed or you could just make it worse.
>>
>>39603615
Squat and see how it feels.

Stiffness for a single morning that isn't chronic isn't concerning.

>>39603629
Leg press puts higher pressure on the knee joint when used a primary high intensity movement for leg training.
>>
Is there any reason to do pull ups over chin ups?
>>
>>39603832
I find they hit more of my upper back than chin ups. More rear delt use, more rhomboid use too.
>>
what is that website where you put in what you lift for different exercises then shows a graphic of where all the strength is in your body.
>>
>>39603973
It's a shit website ignore it.
>>
>>39603973
symmetricstrength
>>
I suffer from epileptic seizures and taking lamotrigine to keep them suppressed, although I have regular full body jerks. At the moment I think seizures are caused by games, flashing lights etc, but high blood pressure, such as getting angry, can also rrigger them.
How will that affect me doing excercise?
>>
>>39604096
If there's any risk at all that you might unexpectedly jerk you should probably avoid squats and bench press. And probably any exercises where suddenly dropping the weight could put you at risk.
>>
File: do i smell mother fucker.jpg (50KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
do i smell mother fucker.jpg
50KB, 800x734px
>been trying to gain weight since about spring
>6'4, went from 190-195lbs to about 208-210lbs
>been using a mass gainer (true mass)
>gym 3-4 days a week, low amount of cardio
>starting to get a little bit of a gut but I'm still not at my goal of 220-225lbs
What do? I want to gain weight but also kinda want to avoid getting a bigger gut. Train abs more or cut the mass gainer and stick with whey protein? I don't wanna lose any weight though
>>
>>39604144
>mass gainer

anyway, eat a lower surplus to gain more lean weight. Which will take longer. Or just keep going on a bulk and when you're satisfied go on a cut.

Training abs more won't do shit.
>>
>>39604133
I've thought about that, which is part of the reason why i dont go to the gym or try and bulk up. What abouy running and things like that? They raise blood pressure but would that make it more risky and more prone to having seizures?
Thanks for helping by the way.
>>
File: ??.png (97KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
??.png
97KB, 720x1280px
I've started counting cals, I'm at 225 lbs and I set my "goal" for 180. I've never been below 194 in my adult life and that was when I was 18, and after losing 90 lbs through aggressive daily cardio. I'm 24 now and I'd like to get big and aethstetic eventually, I want to make it.

but this calculator says I'll be at 180 in 21 weeks just from counting calories?
>tfw this shit is too easy

somebody tell me I'm wrong. also going to the gym in a couple weeks (broke af, like literally not a penny to my name)
>>
>>39604096
See a doctor
>>
>>39595856
I have tiny bit sorness in my lower backwhile after squatting, Is this normal
>>
>>39604745
check that you're not getting buttwink
>>
how come people say that preworkout pumps the up and makes them super energized and hyper and ready to lift and shit.
whenever i take preworkout im like meh, i guess im more awake, but nothing crazy.
how come?
>im not an avid user of caffeine
>>
I'm a skeleton. Should I buy weight gainer or just eat more regular food?
>>
>>39604293
the calculator says 21 weeks.
your body dont.
i dont know about your body, it might be different from person to person.
but generally your body will accustom itself to the calorie intake and therefore slow down the metabolic rate when you consume less food.
i would advise to start out with your normal calorie intake and then bump it down 200kcals every week until you are at your targeted calorie intake.

then after a month on that calorie intake bump up the calorie intake with 50% of what you went down.
example:
>eating 3000kcals daily
>tdee is at 2000kcals
>first week 2800kcals
>second week 2600kcals
>all the way down to 6th week when you have hit your targeted intake at 1800kcals.
>cruise at 1800kcals for a month
>you are now in a 1200kcals cut down from your original intake
>bump up by 50% of what you have cut, in this case 600kcals
>eat now at 2400, because 1800+600=2400
>do the taper over again
>first week 2200
>second week 2000
>until at 1800

this way your body wont adapt to the metabolic change.
it may take a little longer though
>>
>>39604970
you can even go to 1600kcals after the first month of cruising at 1800, and then after 1600 you can go to 1400
>>
File: Screenshot_20161205-134350.jpg (819KB, 769x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161205-134350.jpg
819KB, 769x1434px
Can I still use it? It's special to me :(
>>
>>39604948
more regular food, it has more nutrition

the advantage to gainer is that it's liquefied and has less fiber so it's easier to choke down

to solve this problem you can just make your own smoothies with shitloads of bananas, skim milk, oats
>>
new thread when
>>
>>39605156
make it yourself lazy bastard
>>
>>39604991 me

Where's a good place to get a new belt? Amazon would be great but I'd rather not wait a couple days. I imagine Dick's would be expensive but I don't know any other chain that would sell weightlifting belts.

Also what's the difference between different belts? I just need something cheap and simple desu lads
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.