[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rippetoe: A HACK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

>1) Starting Strength is a mere reinvented version of much older proven routines such as The Strongest Shall Survive by coach Bill Starr, nothing more.

>2) Mark Rippetoe thinks he can teach the Power Clean with his own “jump and shrug” made-up technique, a technique that is incorrect and futile to building impressive numbers in the Power Clean.

>3) Starting Strength has become a cult and their advocates try to convince everyone that it is the only way to get strong.

>I didn’t know who Mark Rippetoe was (he is practically unheard of as a coach outside the US) nor did I know that Starting Strength was supposed to be a popular strength program. I laughed because as soon as I read the Starting Strength routine I immediately thought of coach Bill Starr and his superb The Strongest Shall Survive program. Mark Rippetoe’s program is nothing more than a reinvented version of Bill Starr’s program, it even shares the same exercise pattern for crying out loud!

>For those not aware, coach Bill Starr popularized a solid strength routine in the 70’s called The Strongest Shall Survive that was advertised as packing on bulk (muscle everywhere) and overall body strength. This routine was an eye opener for those in the field of applied strength training in sports as The Strongest Shall Survive was successfully used in American football and players got very strong and bulky on coach Starr’s routine. People packing on 40lbs of weight, most of it muscle, in short amounts of time was not unheard of because Bill Starr, having being an Olympic weightlifter himself, intelligently based his routine around the Power Clean, the Full Squat and the Strict Press. With Starting Strength, Mark Rippetoe has cheekily added a few things here, removed a few stuff there, put it a label, started the marketing engine, and off he went with his Starting Strength routine. It worked.
>>
File: 1447974380214.jpg (40KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1447974380214.jpg
40KB, 259x567px
>>39592286
>3) Starting Strength has become a cult

>Seriously, what’s up with that. I have yet to find anyone in real life doing Starting Strength but it seems as though every online fitness forum has a troop of members fighting their own battle against society and convincing the rest of humanity that Starting Strength is the only way to go. What’s even more laughable is that these same blind people take whatever Mark Rippetoe has said as gospel and will repeat everything like parrots without consideration to questioning what they repeat ad nauseum.

>You like to go to the gym and want to build some muscle? Starting Strength, they answer.

>You are a bodybuilder and want to build some muscle in the off season? Starting Strength, they reply.

>You want to lift some weights to get in shape? Starting Strength, they scream at you.

>You want to get stronger in the Power Clean? Starting Strength and “jump and shrug, bro“, they respond.
>>
And why should I give a fuck?
>>
>>39592301
Because YOU are part of the problem. Part of the viral marketing machine. And you do it for free.
>>
>>39592286
Who cares? Starting strength gets you strong quickly.
>>
>>39592286

all fucking programs have compounds in them, SS being one of them. SS is a pretty good book and intro program to get you in lifting. you're suppose to do it for 4-6 months at most, maybe a year for some.
>>
SS is a meme get over it.
>>
>>39592332
Noob gains.
>>
>>39592286

Why do you care so much about what program people choose to use? Has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>39592426
Because beginners end up running it, stalling and quitting when they shouldn't be doing something like this in the first place. You also get annoying know-it-alls like Izzy who keep beginners from actually doing real training,

I am not against SS or coach Rippetoe but the mentality it has produced.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.