[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help post

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 142475352.jpg (13KB, 244x207px) Image search: [Google]
142475352.jpg
13KB, 244x207px
So, I'm 6'3" and weigh about 65 kilos.
That's massively under the appropriate weight, or so I've been told.

Qtpa2t girlfriend jokes about not being able to lift her for over 10 seconds.
Hurts my ego.
Now I want to build up my stick figure of a body.
But, sadly, can't go to fitness centers.

There's this free for all gym at the park, however.
Been going there the last 3 days, but there's a lack of proper guidance.
I've been doing random shit with weights/push ups/crunches/chin ups/dips and whatnot.
Out of nowhere today, a former gymer boy tells me that I should stick to a diet and free hand stuff and not use weights, or I'd completely fuck up my body structure.
Is he right?

My goal right now is to build up my strength as much as possible while avoiding looking like a bouncer.

Guide me, /fit/. Any reliable links to how I should workout would be appreciated.
>>
>sticky
>GOMAD
>Basic Muscle Building Program

Eat 2000 calories on top of GOMAD. Recommend a lot of lean meat. Try Steak or chicken, or make them a sandwich for your carbs. Download MyFitnessPal, and count your macros. Focus on compound movements for lifting, but that should be covered in the workout plan. PB&Js are good for extra cals.
>>
>not use weights, or I'd completely fuck up my body structure
disregard this faggot

nothing wrong with bodyweight, but if your goal is strength then barbell is the most efficient way. find a beginner strength program like SS/SL and eat at a 500 calorie surplus and start from there
>>
Holy shit dude. I weigh about 160 and I'm like 5'6/5'7. I was about 140 before I started lifting though
>>
>>39590414
>>39590440
Thanks for the insight, my dudes.

>>39590459
I was a fatty back in my mid teens. 19 now. I don't know what happened, man. Does puberty have anything to do with body weight?
>>
>>39590633
Don't do GOMAD! It's shit for your health, can cause acne, and will possibly make you look pudgy (aka skinnyfat).

What you should do is simply eat more (Wholewheat products, rice, chicken, veggies).
And if mass+strength is your goal, you should do compound exercises (exercises that use multiple muscle groups at once).
In general, you only need Deadlifts, Bench press, Pullups, Squats and the Overhead Press to get big and strong.
You REALLY should try to find a gym close to you. I know a lot of thin guys who tried to get big by doing bodyweight only -that however never worked. Find a gym, it will pay out.
>>
>>39590718
I wasn't doing GOMAD anyway, but thanks. I'm basically a pizza face and the docs prescribed against anything dairy or too sweet. And it seems to be working too. Sucks to have your face affect your confidence, man.

And are you sure the skinnies-shouldn't-do-weights is a myth? Should I work on gaining some weight first and do free hand stuff meanwhile?
>>
>>39590755
Dieting is honestly more important than the way you work out. Learn how to cook, making 200 grams of pasta takes around 8 minutes, and thats over 600 calories already.
If you start with low weights, then there shouldn't be any problems for you. Just don't try to lift more than you can, you could possibly hurt your joints.
>>
I can cook, actually. At least the basic things like pasta. How do I count the calories though? Or should I just yolo with the eating? Is there an upper limit to the calorie intake?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.