[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bent over rows:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 71.jpg (102KB, 584x368px) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
102KB, 584x368px
Could questions. When you do bent over rows, do you go down at a 45 degree angle, or do you go completely horizontal like Arnold does it? I tried it completely horizontal, but when I let the weight down if I don't keep my shoulder blades pinched back it'll roll the top of my back forward, I don't get the same problem at 45 degrees.

Also, do you guys let it roll forwards, or should I be keeping the top portion of my back relatively straight?
>>
>>39581734
i like the way arnold did them. just reset your position at the bottom; the movement is supposed to be explosive and not about the concentric portion.
>>
>>39581734
couple questions* damn tired
>>
45° here.
>>
>>39581744
And horizontal, I'm still bringing the bar to the bottom of my ribcage correct?
>>
>>39581744
How the fuck can it be explosive unless you're lifting light weight
>>
Flatter than 45, but steeper than horizontal here.
>>
File: xiaojun-snatch.jpg (793KB, 1308x1600px) Image search: [Google]
xiaojun-snatch.jpg
793KB, 1308x1600px
>>39581768
not sure. you got me there buddy
>>
>>39581744
>>39581734

This.

Go watch the video of him doing it, he's extremely explosive with his reps.
>>
https://youtu.be/f3CqTvPls_Q?t=29
>>
>>39581790
Even took a jab at Lou Ferrigno haha.
>>
>>39581768
>How the fuck can it be explosive unless you're lifting light weight

Don't be a pussy?
>>
I like to do my rows with an explosive movement, twisting my back and slightly arching.
>>
>>39581744
He'd bend all the way the fuck down, letting the bar touch the ground when doing rows. For guys that want less exaggerated movements, you can still do horizontal rows without necessarily being as explosive as Arnold. Then again, everything Arnold did was explosive.
>>
>>39581734
Former pro here. I did 45 degree angle on bent rows. I used seated rows for the "straight" back work.
>>
>>39581734
nearly fucked up my back doing this shit
yes I watched various tutorials and I really tried but I just ended up making a fool of myself in front of everybody
how the fuck do you do this properly.
>>
File: arnold-incline2_570_334_c1.png (228KB, 570x334px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-incline2_570_334_c1.png
228KB, 570x334px
>>39581734
>When you bench press, do you go up at a 45 degree angle like Arnold does it, or do you go completely horizontal?

Different movements, differenc muscle emphasis.
Do the one that you need to do, retard.
>>
>>39583958
>how the fuck do you do this properly.
Have a strong core, and do a literal reverse bench press.

Grip width the same, keep back tight the same way. Pull to the same place, where you stop your bench press.
Everything else should just be dictated by your build. For most people I've coached, thinking of deadlifting fucks up your form and causes injuries.
The only thing that's similar to deadlifting is wrists being neutral, almost limp. Legs are either further apart or closer, knees are in a position where deadlifting would be impossible, the bar is way in front of you - shit's as different from deadlifting as pressing from behind the neck is from squatting.
>>
>>39583958
Doing serious bent row work is not a beginners exercise. It takes time, and you will likely look like a fool when you first start. Stay with it, I'll come.
>>
>>39584010
thanks man, I honestly appreciate the advice.
Granted, I have a pretty bad back that I really do need to get checked, I am a beginner, but not complete noob, and I deadlifted 50kg with no problem, but as soon as I switched to bent over rows I could feel something is off.
>>39584020
I imagine. Thanks for the encouraging words, I am not giving up
we're all gonna make it brehs
>>
File: back.jpg (81KB, 1150x779px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
81KB, 1150x779px
>>39584033
This is my back. long ago.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.