[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A request

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 11.jpg (49KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
49KB, 736x552px
Can you guys help me out with a program for running longer distances in a faster and faster time? like tips and tricks or how should i level up my progress? also is running with a gas mask on any good, as in does it have benefits for endurance or anything in the long run?

Im asking this because i want to join the FFL and /k/ says my running times are disastrous (8km in 43 minutes with a stop after the first 4km and one at km 6, in which the timer wasnt stopped so i guess the recreation time was 2 minutes maximum)

Also a pull up workout would be helpful too

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>39577883
also running with weights in a backpack...does it help or does it not?
>>
>>39577883
When I want to run a route/distance faster quickly I will increase my total mileage to a point where I'm running very bad time. Like a 50% increase in distance at a penalty of maybe 3 minutes per mile.
Run that for a while and go back to my old distance for time a month or two later and fucking destroy it.
I also do sprints, there are 5 or so hills on my route and I sprint them without exception everytime.

Remember to eat well and not expect a huge increase in performance in periods less than ten days apart. You can run ten miles and five days later run five miles and feel like shit doing it. That doesn't mean you're not getting better.

Don't fucking run with weights you should be rucking and running enough that your joints bother you now. If you were working hard you wouldn't even imagine running with weights.

Watch your diet and consume carbs that don't make you feel bloated and watch your electrolytes and hydration levels closely. If you drink a lot of caffeine get off of it and use it only before you run if at all.
>>
>>39578357
Also don't ruck more than six miles there's no point to that in training as risk of injury goes way up after six just do it more often if you feel that's not long enough.
>>
>>39577898

Helps fuck your knees.
When I was younger wearing a digital watch and starting a timer at the start of my run was the biggest thing to get faster during a run. Remember that different courses and routes will command different times at each mile. I used to focus on distance, but once I figured out my personal local routes, just being able to check how I was doing compared to the last run helped immensely. During your run pick some landmarks. Like in a 5mile run do maybe 3-4 landmarks. Alternatively you can figure out each mile exactly and just glance down at it.

Before you know it you'll be shaving minutes off your time. I wasn't serious about it though. If you want to be serious look into recording and logging your times. I think you can do it with strava and there are gps bracelet trackers for this sort of thing now. I was looking at getting one for cycling but i don't really care that much for spending money on things like that.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.