[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting /fit/ army style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1409847386648.jpg (144KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1409847386648.jpg
144KB, 680x680px
I want to get /fit/ and join the army, what's the best routine to get both good stamina and muscles? Should i lift and do cardio at the same time?
>>
>>39575601
https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guide-Navy-Fitness-Third/dp/1578262666/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480694756&sr=8-1&keywords=navy+seal+fitness
>>
>>39575601
> Do you mean US Army?
If so you don't need to do anything. Basic training is meant to get you into the shape or condition they want.

We had fit people, we had active people who didn't really work out, and we had the lazy ass fat bodies. Only like 10% didn't pass at the end.

TL;DR - It's more mental than physical, they will get you where they want you. If you really want to do it just join.
>>
>>39575621
Thanks, i will take a look on that.
>>39575626
No, Polish army. I get what you are saying, but i have some time before i will join it, and i don't want to waste any of it. I have problems with cardio and i have average Joe's muscles.
Should i start working on my stamina or start going to gym, or maybe both at the same time?
>>
Two words: Otter mode.

They want guys that can run around and carry shit all day long. Your 1RMs don't mean shit. Think cardio, running, and bodyweight exercises.
>>
>>39575758

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzuGqIixQWo

>>39575825
this
>>
>>39575621
Stew Smith is the #1 expert when it comes to military fitness. The dude's a beast and his programs WORK.

That said, I wouldn't start with his Navy SEAL one. Unless you're already fairly easily doing 40+ perfect form pushups in 2 minutes, 50+ situps, 6+ perfect pullups, swimming 500m in less than 12 minutes and running 1.5 miles in less than 11 minutes you won't be able to keep up with the workouts.

He's written dozens of ebooks for dozens of military tests, agencies, and units; pick one that's most similar to your fitness test and go through it 2 or 3 times. Work up to the SEAL one.
http://www.stewsmith.com/
>>
Every western army and police force breaks you down and trains you to the specifications they want. Doesn't matter how fit you are as long as you pass initial health, hearing and eye tests.

Basically all you need to work on is push-ups, pull ups, and a fuck load of running and cardio, because 90% of your day will be spent running and marching.
>>
>>39576008
>tfw can do 15 perfect wide grip pull-ups but only 20 push-ups
>>
>>39576069
What the fuck? Everyday is back day?
>>
>>39576080
No idea. I do alot of lifting at work. Squats, deadlifts and rows progress like crazy. All my push lifts are shit. Can't bench or ohp shit.
>>
Focus on body weight. Pull ups, dips, L sits, box jumps, squats and cardio Do variations of those that should get you ready
>>
>>39576008
Hey dude, current edition of the navy seal book has a routine and nutrition plan for the totally unfit.
>>
>>39576104
Most likely poor technique holding you back
>>
>>39575601
http://mtntactical.com/fitness/military-athlete/
The Militay athlete guys are probably the besr in this field
>>
>>39575601
be good at calisthenics, lifting, running, rucking, land navigation, shooting, fighting, teamwork, get your friends to work out with you, motivate them to go hard, teach them to fight, learn to lead. after all this is done do 5x5 jaw stretches so you can suck that dick. you dont know shit, be the sponge
>>
File: 1479159808715.jpg (20KB, 267x336px) Image search: [Google]
1479159808715.jpg
20KB, 267x336px
Polacks are using the Skulls now?

fug
>>
>>39576302
Is it the 30 day thing? If so, that will never prepare you for the actual program. You need something a lot more rigorous and longer duration to get to the level where you can keep up with the SEAL workouts.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.