[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Struggling to sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1479006984019.jpg (15KB, 393x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479006984019.jpg
15KB, 393x400px
I'm struggling to sleep lately and I think its due to working night shifts every other week.

I work 6am - 6pm and then I go boxing immediately after work, most nights I don't fall asleep until midnight or later and then I have to get up at 5am.

What can I do to fix this? Any supplements I can take? I am literally running off coffee today because last night I only had maybe 4 hours sleep, I gotta go boxing tonight too.

Anything I can take? I meditated last night and that seemed to help, the problem is i lay in bed and suddenly everything pops into my mind.

in another note I found out my ex gf and oneitis has been fucking my best friend of 14 years while i've been cocoon mode for my upcoming fight. Feels shitty guys like the ultimate betrayal.
>>
Found out my ex gf oneitis is now fucking my best mate too...

Agomelatin to sleep bro... I know you are gonna make it, don't worry about these hoes.

Been thinking about ex gf every single day for 6 years now, don't do this to yourself.

Love u <3
>>
>>39574381
Get off 4chan for starters
>>
>>39574381
Sorry about the grills, but really though coming from someone who has had terrible sleep problems his whole life due to thinking or mind constantly wandering, I find that trying to sleep when you're not tired is pointless. just stay up until you're tired. Or do a 24 hour and reset your sleep schedule. Get your circadian rhythm on track. When you lay in bed, and if you're up for over 10 minutes you need to ask yourself "am I tried enough to fall asleep?" You'll get to know your body if you're at it for a while.
>>
>>39574400
I was the same; were had a 6 year split and I missed her. Every gf I had between those times just didn't compare to her.

Then a few weeks ago she broke up with the guy she'd been with for the last 6 years and instantly got back in touch; after a week I fucked her and then she told me she wanted casual and that we were a dangerous situation. It made stuff awkward and we distanced ourselves; 4 weeks later I find out my best friend (Who I've not seen for 3 months due to him being jealous of my commitment to training) has been fucking her. Seriously disappointed in him more than her; I expect girls to be selfish as girls are; but I don't expect that from my brother from another mother.

These are the costs of commitment; I've sacrificed to better myself through boxing and I'm now paying the price. If I were to sink back into drugs and alcohol like I did as a younger man then she'd be with me instead of him. Worst part is shes been hanging out with me this week as a friend and shes been all touchy feely; and then i found out last night about them seeing each other sexually. Not even mad; just disappointed but not surprised.

>>39574402
It's daytime fampai and I'm at work doing an office job; I got boxing tonight 7pm - 8.30pm and then I gotta try and sleep. I know I'll probably just be laid in darkness struggling to drop off until 12 or 1am. I saw melotonin could help but how long does it take to kick in from ingestion? if I take it before training will it fuck with my performance and make me drowsy?
>>
>>39574442
I have been thru drugs and alcohol too... It's only now after all these years I was back on track, and i just recently found out she i fucking my mate, and also hanging out with alle my friends behind my back.

I concidered suicide but was talked out of it by my doctor. I take pregabalin around 800mg a day just to feel normal. But my life is okay i guess, liftes 105kg bench just recently for the first time and dropped about 10kg withour loosing strength.

I just think about her all the time. It's killing me inside.

I promised myself that i will never commit to a girl again in fear of having to go thru something like this again. I never want to have children fearing i have a son who has to go thru it too.

Fuck this gay earth mang...
>>
>>39574400

find another girl, it's the only thing that'll work.
>>
>>39574493
This. Quit your job while you're at it. I don't care how much you feel you need the money, the prospects, or whatever else it offers you. You only get one life and wasting it on pointless materialism to the detriment of your health and happiness is utterly ridiculous.

Your best years are every year you're alive, why throw them away? I was in the same situation for 6 months and chose to quit rather than carry on.
>>
>>39574442
I just haave a hard time believing you dont go on the computer after boxing. If you do, it is probably the problem. Do something boring with no screen, read a book
>>
>>39574554
Fampai

I get up at 5am. Work 6pm - 6am, go boxing and by the time I get home I'm fucked. Some nights the class is an 8pm start so I don't get into bed until 9.30pm. The last thing I feel like at 9.30pm is shitposting on 4chan; I do that all day (or night) at work.
>>
>>39574381

I worked nightshift for 6 months, 11pm-7am for 5 nights a week. I can tell you most nights I got a couple of hours at most, some nights I didn't sleep at all and worked a couple shifts with no sleep and ended up being awake for 30+ hours at a time. You're body isn't made of glass it can put up with some punishment bruh.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.