[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I survive on just whey protein and multivitamins?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: whey-protein-acne-859x570.jpg (59KB, 859x570px) Image search: [Google]
whey-protein-acne-859x570.jpg
59KB, 859x570px
Can I survive on just whey protein and multivitamins?
>>
>>39573947
u need carbs or u body is just gonna break down ur muscle fibers into energy and use that instead. also u need fat or u will die eventually from no amino acid
>>
>>39573947
yes, ancient humans used to live off whey protein and multivitamins in the dirt.
>>
Not for long.

You do need adequate levels of fats (for hormone production) at least.

Carbs are somewhat optional. Your body can produce its own carbs -- look up ketosis & ketogenic diet. Many people report that this makes them feel like shit, though.
>>
>>39574836
>Many people report that this makes them feel like shit, though.
only until they're fat adapted, then everyone says they feel great, energetic

purely for survival you need eaa's and efa's (essential amino acids and essential fatty acids), but to thrive you need some protein for repair, some fats for hormones and the rest should be used for energy, fat or carbs that's up to you
>>
>>39574932
>everyone
lies.
also more and more research is coming out saying keto diets are terrible for your intestines/organs and long term health.
it can be effective for weight loss but simply reading the medical definition of ketosis should ring alarm bells for anyone with common sense.

just lower your calories and eat like a regular human.
>>
>>39573947
The human liver can only metabolize a limited amount of protons a day, so without carbs/fats you will most likely experience rabbit starvation after a while: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_poisoning
>>
>>39573947
Yes, it's the official /fit/ diet. The classic variant is eschewing whey for 36 egg whites.
>>
>>39573947
this question is asked consistently, I think it would be the most effective way to cut very fast, but you would probably start losing your hair and your skin would start to look shitty
>>
File: 1477364604418.jpg (14KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1477364604418.jpg
14KB, 189x292px
>>39573972
My sides
>>
>>39575270
>hair
>skin
are these muscles? do they impact performance? I don't think so
>>
>>39573947
So the question is can you SURVIVE... I'd say yes, but you'd be miserable before too long. The real question is why are you asking this? Do you want to lose weight? Get ripped? What's the end goal?
>>
>>39573947
On a related note, if I get a majority of my calories from whole foods but use whey to get a large amount of my protein is this healthy/good for maintenance of muscle? I'm on a cut.
>>
File: 1473448489903.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473448489903.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
>>39573970
Would it actually break down muscle fibers if you are getting enough energy in proteins and fats though? This is basically the premise of the ketogenic diet anyway

Also I assume OP is going to be mixing the whey with milk etc for fat
>>
>>39573947

I did it to jump start my weight loss/lifting journey. It's miserable, you will be hungry, your willpower will be tested, and if you're like me, you will get headaches for a few days/maybe a week until your body acclimates.

Disclaimer: I hadn't lifted before and my BMI was around 42%. Possibly only accomplished because of newbie gains but I lost a good 40ish pounds (about 6-7 water) of fat and seemed to build muscle in some areas for the limited caloric intake. I was also doing about 1200 kcals/day.

As a side note, visit your doc first, get blood done. I was in the medical field so I kept track of that and I went from being pre-diabetic and some shitty labs to mostly only my BP being higher (partially hereditary, 90% because I still have weight to lose).

Good luck anon!
>>
File: oongaboonga.jpg (57KB, 400x282px) Image search: [Google]
oongaboonga.jpg
57KB, 400x282px
>>39573972
>yes, ancient humans used to live off whey protein and multivitamins in the dirt.
LIES.
>>
File: topcat-reads-your-retarded-post.jpg (36KB, 580x417px) Image search: [Google]
topcat-reads-your-retarded-post.jpg
36KB, 580x417px
>>39573970
>u need carbs or u body is just gonna break down ur muscle fibers into energy and use that instead. also u need fat or u will die eventually from no amino acid

Most retarded post of the day.

>if you don't eat fat you have no amino acids

back to plebbit
>>
>>39575901
>As a side note, visit your doc first, get blood done

Abso-fucking-lutely this. Don't be like the idiots who assume they're deficient at something and just shove supplements down.

besides, thinking you have your diet down and actually knowing how to make and follow a proper diet are very different. There's always a thread about how anon's perfect diet is not working and the cause surely is some fucking hormonal imbalance or whatever, Most of the time the problem is just an idiotic diet. A sports nutritionist can and will help your ass (assuming you're lifting of course).
>>
>>39573947
I wouldn't recommend it but one obese person fasted for over a year while only taking supplements (while under the care of a doctor)

http://thoughtcatalog.com/dr-chet-williams/2014/06/this-450-pound-man-fasted-for-over-a-year-and-he-lost-more-than-half-his-weight/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.