[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread /QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 28

File: 1477898241750.png (829KB, 1044x840px) Image search: [Google]
1477898241750.png
829KB, 1044x840px
I'm coming out of an episode of food poisoning that I've had for four days where I lost 13 lbs. I squat 275x3 and OHP 115x6 at 6'3" 195 lbs(182 now), how much strength should I have lost in that time?
>>
im that gorilla dick nigga i make dyke pussy wet
>>
Don't load up to max senpai why the fuck would you do that anyway do some warmups with low weight and see where your strength is you should get back your original lifts in like 2 weeks.
>>
>>39572828

I.. I'm not gonna say the n word
>>
File: download (11).jpg (8KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
8KB, 305x165px
how do i zangief mode?
>>
>>39572805
I've had a stomach flu for a couple of days, but didn't really lost any strength
>>
>>39572805
Actually need help guys, I workout 3 times a week and im about a month into it, however I cant seem to make myself sore any more. The first couple of weeks I could barely walk the day after my workouts now the only muscle I seem to be able to make sore is my tris, is no pain no gain a meme or am I doing somethine wrong?
>>
I injured me knee like 8 months ago, I was doing some weighted lunges and my right knee gave out

Now I can't do any heavy weight bearing exercises or else my right knee hurts like crazy and it just gives out. It's been 8 months, oh and I can't do leg extensions either - too painful on that right knee

Someone tell me what I did plz. I can walk without feeling knee pain but if I squat or lunge it hurts
>>
>>39572805

Been lifting for awhile and I'm currently on a 4 day upper/lower split. I'm thinking of switching to a 3 day full body routine to cut a day out of the gym due to time constrains. Will I lose strength and size from the less overall volume per day or will the extra day help me maintain?

I'll focus a day on each major group as the primary but target every muscle on every workout. So one day go hard on pulling, next on pushing, then third on legs.
>>
how do i get gf
>>
>>39572973
You are sore you just don't realize it. Set a timer to 15 minutes, put on some ear buds and listen to some meditating sounds, like some rain falling or river flowing or some similar shit. Then take the time and breath into every part of your body starting from the top of your head. Like as you breath in focus on that part and go lower step by step, Like see how every part of you feels. 5 minutes in you'll realize how god damn sore you are.

Or you might really feel rested. If you get great sleep and take a serious amount of protein combined with the right amount of test maybe you just regenerate like crazy.
>>
>>39572973
Same here bro. I work out about 5 times per week though and for about 2 hours per day. Make sure you are taking BCAAs and a sufficient amount of protein. I've been doing this new routine for about 4 months now. Currently From morning to night for me: BCAAs + Fishoil > 1/4 Creatine Scoop > Preworkout > 1/2 ADA2Bolic > 1/2ADA mid workout > BCAAs late workout > full scoop Creatine > Protein > BCAAs before bed

Pretty loaded up on shit right now and sometimes have 2-3 protein shakes per day

6'2 200lbs on a bulk
>>
Someone decide for me pls

I slept through lunch today but ate shit for dinner and now im a bit hungry
Should I have something now or wait until morning for breakfast?
>>
>>39573090
Cringe worthy
>>
>>39573102
Eat cereal for those night carbs brah
>>
>reasonably fit because of work
>trying to get to 100 pushups
>push to failure
>37
>take a few days off
>start exercising
>try again
>35
>exercise more for a week
>try again
>27
>numbers until failure keeps dropping
>went from almost 40 to 13 now

What the fuck is happening.
>>
>>39573143
how? lmao are you mad you can't afford half of the shit I take?
>>
>>39573145
Shit man, I literally just found one of those single serving bags of cereal in my room
thank u psychic bro
>>
File: atx.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
atx.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
What barbell do you guys have? I'm about to hit the weight capacity on the barbell that came with my weight set, and I'm looking to upgrade.

i was looking at the ATX ram bar
any recommendations?
What do you guys use?
>>
I just did cardio for the first time after bulking up to 190lbs, when previously I had done cardio months and months ago at around 160. I became sore in the lower back and legs and my joints got sore as well.

I was wondering, since I basically put on a weight vest and started running since last time I ran, if I continue to do short term cardio(a mile or two), will my body get stronger at this weight, adapt, and when I cut one day to 160 or 170, will I feel lighter? Will i be more explosive?
>>
>>39573148
Rest properly. 8 hours or more of sleep, 48 rest period. Eat more. Idc if you eat mcdonalds, eat more. Plus pushups suck. use resistance to gain muscle
>>
How specifically should you train during a cut?

How much volume and how much isolation work should you do?

And should you train for failure?
>>
File: 1412376442857.jpg (110KB, 510x339px) Image search: [Google]
1412376442857.jpg
110KB, 510x339px
>>39573240
bump
>>
File: Snapchat-470455038.jpg (620KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-470455038.jpg
620KB, 1440x2560px
Should I cut bros? Or continue the bulk?
>>
>>39573735
neither. Eat at a small (250kcal) surplus and do some cardio
>>
What is the most isolating glute exercise there is?
>>
>>39572805
What's better for lats- strict wide grip full ROM pull-ups, or lay pull-downs?
>>
>>39572973

As your body grows accustomed to excercise it will adapt and soreness go away. You should still feel some soreness, but if you hit a certain muscle twice a week it should be limited.
>>
>>39572805
None.
>>39572983
Doctor. Knee fuck up will haunt you for life.
>>39573003
You can make fine gains on full body. Try Texas method. PPL isn't full body.
>>39573268
You'll get better at it once you cut but probably not very explosive (unless your cardio is doing explosive sprints but that's not cardio).
>>39573440
Train for strength not volume. Low reps of heavy weight to preserve strength.
>>39574261
I'm sure there are more but barbell lunge are pretty good.
>>
>>39574365
lunges mostly work quads
>>
>>39574395
Not at wide stride.
>>
>>39573240
What does your home gym set up look like?
>>
>>39574261
Glute ham raise or hip thrust/glute bridge
>>
My legs give out in 15-20 minutes when jogging. I know your legs get used to it but I think it's because I had slightly fucked up legs as a baby.

Should I switch to walking?
>>
my routine called for 1x5 diddlys
but my gymbro started shouting like a mad cunt and motivating me, so i said fuck it, i'm doing 10
so i did 2x10
it took me a full 20 minutes to completely recover from that holy shit, and pauses at the bottom were noticeably longer

will i be bedridden tomorrow?
>>
Im doing a ppl split 6x a week as a beginner lifter. My push / pull compounds are increasing but ive been stuck at 1pl8 squat since ~week 5 (almost 3 months on the program). I thought I wasn't hitting legs hard enough so I started doing this on leg days

Squat 3x5
Romanian Diddly 3x5
Leg Press 3x10
V squat machine 3x10
Leg curls 3x12
Quad Extensions 3x12
Standing Calfs 4x12

But I'm still sucking at squats. Did 155 this morning and i made 3x5 but some were half squats. Is this too much volume for legs in a ppL? I don't deadlift on pull day I do rows

Please don't feed me the SL/SS bullshit I have a pyschological need to be in the gym daily and time is no issue. It is the only thing i look forward to.
>>
>>39574495
Depends, some girls like to ride you on the sofa instead but there's still a chance.
>>
>>39574515
ha
ha ha ha ha
ha ha
u so funny a non

;_;
>>
If I roast/bake a chicken breast in the oven how many calories are in it?
>>
>>39574533
Don't worry mate, you'll be fine, it's all gains.
>>
>>39574451
For now, yes.

You should see a doctor too. Unless you don't want to run anymore
>>39574537
Won't make much of a difference. In the oven the fats usually don't leave the meat
>>
pretend you' are 6ft 170 lbs. how long would it take you to reasonably grow your biceps from 12 inch to 13 inch? How long from 12-16?
>>
>>39574584
Find it out yourself. It really depends on your routine, sleep, eating pattern etc. Muscle growht differs so much per person.
>>
>>39574584
each inch will be slower than the last
>>
how do i train out my gag refle? i want to be able to do great BJs.
>>
>>39574509
if you want to squat more, squat more

fuck the leg press, fuck the V squat machine

knowing that you have to do those exercises later holds you back psychologically on your SQUAAAAAATS

deload to 145 and do 5x5

get a PR EVERY WORKOUT

if you can't get full deep reps LOWER THE WEIGHT and DO MORE REPS OR SETS
>>
Just had a chicken and bacon slice for lunch, should I wait around 45 minutes - 1 hour before lifting so I don't feel queasy?
>>
>>39574693
You know your body best
>>
>>39574684
start sucking small cocks and gradually work your way up
>>
When I run, I go to fast. It feels like I am running at around 80 miles per hour, this scares me a shit ton. Got into a argument saying I am faster than mopeds with the other kids at school and ran against a moped. I lost and my speed is seemingly around 9 miles per hour.

How does one increase your speed and dont give me just sprint every now and then. I want to be the fastest version of myself.

I also like blue if this helps.
>>
>>39572805
Can you just drink glasses oil for bulking ?
I suppose not but I'm retarded I want to be sure
>>
File: 1455047099369.png (43KB, 203x200px) Image search: [Google]
1455047099369.png
43KB, 203x200px
>>39573735
You've got to start lifting before you worry about bulking little guy :^)
>>
>>39574787
I remember one Anon who shotted olive oil to hit his macros
>>
>>39574787
You could but it's a shit idea.

Carbs are the best macro to increase for bulking.
>>
>>39574773
Forgot to add people already envy my pure speed. When ever I enter a classroom people say things like slow down there speedy. I just want to get as fast as humanly possiable.

Any tips please
>>
>>39574805
Pls explain.

and remember I'm retarded
>>
>>39574823
Dont ban me for underage. Yes I am in high school but I am 21 years old.
>>
>>39574451
tried swimming?
>>
File: 1447375150824.jpg (800KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1447375150824.jpg
800KB, 1280x1707px
I want to get into more rowing exercises for back work. I have access to barbells, seated rows with weight and rowing cardio machine. Are there any workouts that I can add to my current stuff?

Also, how good is the cardio machine for rowing? Is it better cardio than elliptical or running?
>>
>>39574825
Okay so you understand the concept of "caloric surplus = gain weight"

Now we finetune it with the macro composition. What kind of weight are we trying to gain? Lean weight, not fat weight.

How does the body gain muscle? Stress the tissue, supply the amino building blocks, supply the energy needed to add those blocks to the chain. Making proteins is an energy intensive process! A key determinant of protein synthesis is ATP availability! Carbohydrates provide the most readily available source of ATP. You have more energy available in your triglycerides (several back to back marathons' worth) but it is not accessible at the same rate.

How does the body store fat? Any dietary lipids that are not immediately needed for other processes such as making hormones, building cell membranes, etcetera get made into triglycerides and then stored as adipose tissue! The body only needs about 50 g/day lipids for optimal hormone function! That's 450 calories already.

Overfeeding (caloric surplus) studies show that overfeeding with carbs and protein results in much less fat gain than when overfed with lipids! And these subjects weren't even training!

Yes de novo lipogenesis occurs but VERY RARELY and it is calorically inefficient!

No need to ever add oils to your cooking. Cook with water, get fats from whole food sources, and eat more beans and potatoes!!!
>>
>>39574773
>>39574823
>>39574838
Answer me plz
>>
>>39574887
the rowing machine is natty as fuck, you can pretend that you are a greek warrior on a trireme at the battle of marathon or some shit. great way to boost gains
>>
>>39574911
mirin this sick muscle wizard knowledge
>>
>>39574887
Rowing is fantastic cardio. Remember the heart is a dumb muscle so anything you do to raise the heart rate and hold it there for a period of time is beneficial. When considering cardio types you should be thinking about, what ELSE is the cardio doing for me besides training my cardiovascular system? Rowing does add an upper body element which elliptical and running lack. Elliptical generally has heart rate monitor which is nice, and lower impact which can be good or bad. Running you can do outside, which is nice.

Barbell row--pick one variant and train it for at least 3 months. I suggest overhand bent over paused row pausing at the top of the movement...you will be using "sissy" weight but you will actually be using and growing your back without relying on momentum...
>>
Is PPL effective 3 days a week?
>>
>>39574935
thanks man I'm a senior in exercise science and i'm trying to get my CSCS and coach at a strongman gym. it's not much but i've been focusing a lot on learning this stuff since 2011
>>
>>39574959
I do it every day, but take rest days every now and then so it equates to about 6 days per week. But i'm NEET so yeah, i have some spare time.
>>
>>39574959
The only reason that it wouldn't be if it were an overall decrease in volume and you were coming from a more advanced training state. That being said, the literature supports training muscle groups twice a week as being about twice as superior as hitting them once a week, so if you can only train 3 days a week I would consider a full body split or at least a 2 day split, instead of a 3 day split like PPL.
>>
>>39574981

I actually switched to a PPL from a full body split. I was too sore with the full body routine. Having said that, my lifts have gone up 3 weeks after switching.
>>
>>39574911

OK I will drink glasses of carbs instead thanks Mr Science
>>
>>39572805
How do I quickscope?
>>
Hurt my back doing deadlifts, ironically while turning toward the mirror to check my form. Even 2 plates causes me lower back pain so I'm probably done dead lifting for the next six months. Squats are fine though.

Today I'd normally be scheduled to do deads. What should I do instead? Front squats, power cleans, or try dead lifting with a belt?
>>
>>39575117
breh don't lift if you have an injury. go for a walk or something instead
>>
>>39575117
Sorry to hear that, learned your lesson the hard way.

What are your goals and what does the rest of your program look like?
>>
What do you guys do for abs that isn't just hip flexor work?
>>
>>39574925
I tried it the first time yeresterday and Im in North Dakota so everyone except me is scandinavian so I pretended I was a viking and it was a lot of fun.

>>39574953
ok this really helps thank you. My upper body is lagging. I do see a lot of people doing rows with momentum so I will definitely try to avoid that. Im not going to have access to the gym over winter break and the only thing I have is a barbell that doesnt reach my deadlift or squat weight but I figured I would start a rowing regime so sissy weight is no problem.
>>
Can anterior pelvic tilt be causing extreme lower back pain and make it difficult to do squats right and can it be fixed answer me
>>
>>39575171
Weighted planks, ab wheel
>>
>>39575176
A little momentum is fine but yeah driving with the legs and back and then throwing your torso down to "complete" the motion seems like wasted effort if your goal is to train the back. Glad I could help.

If you lack weights to add to the bar, and are sick of adding reps, you can always just change the variation of the exercise to make it harder. Deads--stiff legged, deficit, snatch grip, etc.
Squats--front squats, paused squats

>>39575177
Yes and yes
>>
>>39575153
It's not in my nature.

>>3957515
Lifting day A: Squat, bench, accessories (curls, dips, bench rowe, push ups, chins, abs,upright rows).
B: Overhead press, deads, accessories.

Accessories vary based on how much time I have. I also sprint, run stairs, and box.

Goals are strength, cardio, and boxing I guess.
>>
>>39575199
Thank you. Should I even try to go workout right now with my apt I've always had it or should I focus on streches
>>
>>39575158
See >>39575206
>>
>>39575213
Yes. Deadlifts, front squats, chinups, pushups
>>
>>39575153
I made the same mistake literally last week. Hurt my back doing DL, went to squat two days later and blew my lower back out.

Don't make the same mistake as me anon, take a week break at least.
>>
>>39575237
Not trying to be annoying but when I did those lifts back in October I hurt my lower back very badly where I could not bend over or sit long without pain. Is that normal for apt
>>
I'm 18 5'7 and 150 lbs, I did a cut in January which lasted until about may and lost 40lbs. Should I cut again to lose excess chub or continue to lift and eat at mantience. For refrence bench is 195 and ohp is 125
>>
Are {5x5 strict OHP and 4x8-12 lateral raise}x2 a week enough volume for delts on a PPL routine? If not, which accessory to add?
>>
>>39575248
I've already taken my break for a couple weeks and Thanksgiving. Dead lifts hurt but nothing else does. Just need a substitute.
>>
>>39575206
Okay so I would just go ahead and turn chins into a primary movement on B day. Weighted, if you can, to increase the intensity. This way you are still including a strong pull movement without bothering the low back (where I assume the injury is), and improving your weighted chinup and squat will drive your deadlift up without even training it.

I would also chill on the sprints/stairs for a bit, and do some dedicated hamstring accessory work.
>>
>>39575199
>If you lack weights to add to the bar, and are sick of adding reps, you can always just change the variation of the exercise to make it harder. Deads--stiff legged, deficit, snatch grip, etc.
Squats--front squats, paused squats

Yea I intend on trying front squats for first time, as well as stiff legged and really hit the back, as well as some running as I also have a treadmill. Thanks for really good input.
>>
>>39575249
It's "normal" in that it happens frequently to novices with poor form but it's not "normal" such that it's an accepted part of training those lifts.

Deload, work on form, progress your technique, do more research

>>39575251
Always bulk from a lean state. Maintenance is a waste of time unless you have other priorities in life and are simply aiming to not detrain imho, I suggest cutting

>>39575259
A rear delt specific exercise is never a bad call.
>>
>>39575260
Front squats are your best bet. Throw in some planks for core work.
>>
>>39575277
I love front squats, prefer them to back even. I advise elevating the heels by standing on some 5 or 10 lb plates, and only stabilizing the bar with 2 fingers per hand so you can keep your elbows high.
>>
>>39575266
Never even occurred to me to do weighted chins, but that's a good idea. I'll give that a shot. I'll add glute ham raises to day B as well. Thanks anon!
>>
>>39575306
Yea Ive seriously neglected rows and front squats lately and Id like to add them into my rountine. Ill work on my form over break so I can hopefully hit it hard when I come back in Jan.
>>
>>39575308
You're welcome brah, good luck
>>
>>39575296

Ty, I'll work some rear delts in
>>
Started on Stronglifts, switched to greyskull lp.
Starting to stall out on all lifts now and progress is becoming a real grind.

Should I change programme and if so what should I consider? Texas Method? 5/3/1?
>>
>>39575446

I should add I have done a few deload cycles as well so I'm not just randomly thinking about changing programme.
>>
>>39572983
what the fuck is up with retards like this.

seriously just go to the fucking doctor? how can you not realize this is severe.
>>
>>39575296

Yeah I'm going to start working out form and wait to do squats with weights after I fix form
>>
Q: My unflavored protein powder is a couple months expired and tastes bitter. Probleem is theres several pounds of it left and I'm wondering if theres anything wrong with eating it.
>>
I was diagnosed with minimal degenerative disk I believe due to my anterior pelvic tilt. Will this inhibit me from ever working out good
>>
How do I calculate the minimal amount of protein I should consume to maybe not gain but at least not lose muscle? Sometimes it's hard to fit dem macros
>>
>>39573023
Don't do this breathing meditation faggotry
>>
>>39573090
>all that wasted time and $ on supps
>200lbs at 6'2

Lmao god this generation is full of such try hard faggots
>>
through my meals I get about 90g of protein before using protein powder. I'm trying to get to 140g daily.

What snacks or sides can I have that will boost my protein intake?
>>
File: IMG_3676.png (334KB, 402x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3676.png
334KB, 402x298px
Where are the best places to read about the Madcow routine? Think I'm close to stalling out of SL.
>>
>>39572805
you smell like candy apple
>>
>>39572805
im currently doing handstand 1 course from gymnasticbodies
>it's basically some wrist stretches and wrist strengthening exercises + handstand/headstand practice at the end
is it enough to build decent upper body?
>>
>>39576270
It's actually my fault I'm at 200lbs. The supps are fucking awesome. However, I'm going on Mass Gainer next week too so that should get me to 210 at least.

Keep crying faggot.
>>
>Sitting in computer chair
>Constant shooting nerve feeling in my ass
>thigh too
>Doesn't hurt, but feels weird
>Recline back sometimes
>Happens to my shoulder too
Will I be alright?
>>
If I buy a squat rack and a bench plus a barbell and weights, then is there anything I'd be missing in a workout by not having a gym membership? I currently have an EZ curl bar, dumbbells, and access to cardio equipment. The big problem is that the few gyms that are by me are all shit and because there are so few, they're always packed.
>>
Is it possible /recommended to do pull ups / chin ups with a hook grip? Or should I avoid that?
>>
>>39577011
It really doesn't matter
>>
Where can I find a good info graphic for ab training? I've been searching all day but cant find a good resource for specific exercises that stimulate all the muscles
>>
>>39576861
No. Lose weight fatty.

>>39576891
Socialization, some specific equipment. That's it. Lots of people love home gyms
>>
File: build a wall.png (440KB, 600x586px) Image search: [Google]
build a wall.png
440KB, 600x586px
What's the best sequence to do muscles in? I'm going to do a leg day and then what muscle group should come next? Back?
>>
>>39577442

This only happened after losing 75 lbs.
>>
>>39577435
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/WaistWt.html
>>
>>39577452
What's your entire program looking like?
>>
File: IMG_65.png (532KB, 1184x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_65.png
532KB, 1184x666px
im 149lbs and feeling like im becoming a little chubby.
should i continue my bulk? or just keep yolo bulking until summer cut?
>>
>>39577542
>should i break my cut*
>>
my libido is in the gutter. Should I fap to traps?
>>
>>39577542
Your chest isn't defining in any way.. you're en-route to becoming a fatass.

The purpose in bulking is to actively lift, while taking in a surplus of calories. This means you should still be hitting the gym very often. You do not have any sort of chest right now, so I would literally cycle your bulk meaning week 1: eat normally week 2: eat more week 3: eat normally week 4: eat more, etc.

You should also be going up in weight as far as strength goes
>>
>>39577597
im on phraks variation of greyskull lp.
all my lifts are going up atm.
instead of calorie cycling, which seems odd, couldnt i just stay at say 2600kcals instead of the 3000kcals im at right now?
>>
>>39577517
I want to focus on muscle groups. My gym is small and when I do a program, like 5x5, and the squat rack or bench is taken I feel really thrown off. Instead, I've decided that I want to do muscle group days. So if the squat rack is taken on leg day, I'll have a list of other leg focused exercises I can do instead.
>>
>>39577619
Probably. If you're doing phrak's add some accessories as well to get some extra volume in.

Things like dumbell bench, push press and stuff at a lighter weight and 3x10 might help stimulate a little bit more hypertrophy.

>>39577629
You're unlikely to get enough volume to make continued gains that way. Just ask to work in or wait until they finish their sets.
>>
Can someone rate my routine please? Any criticisms or advice would be greatly appreciated.

A

Squat 3x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5
Shrugs 3x8
Extensions 3x8
Weighted Chins 3x5 (add weight once I hit 10 reps)

B

Deadlift 1x5
OHP 5x5
Row 5x5 (10% less than A)
Wide grip Pullups 3x5 (will do them weighted once I can actually do 10 bw pullups with wide grip/overhand)
CGBP 3x8
EZ Bar Curls 3x8 (will switch to barbell curls soon and see if my wrists still hurt or not from them)

AxBxAxxx

BxAxBxxx and so on

Stats are as follows:

OHP 32.5kg 5x5
Bench 45kg 5x5
Squat 80kg 3x5
Deadlift 105kg 1x5

As you can see, i’m a weak novice, does this routine seem fine? I’m planning on sticking to it for at least the next 6 months to see where it takes me. I started off with SL 5x5 a couple of months ago, my starting lifts were:

OHP Bar
Bench Bar
Squat Bar
Deadlift 40kg
>>
>>39577701
already doing some acc.
on monday i do 3x12 ez curls and 3x12 tricep extension

wednesday 3x12 lateral raises and 3x12 rear delt raises and 3x12 lo-hi cable flyes

friday seated rows 3x12 and 3x12 ez curls

as well as after every single workout i do 3x12 face pulls.

hmm, i will try and see how much weight i have gained after December and then take it from there.
>>
>>39577706
How are you advancing weight and dealing with plateaus?

>>39577756
I'd add something specific to the main compound movements.

I respond better to high volume than a lot of people I know though.
>>
I asked this question a couple of days ago but I'm still not sure:

>is it okay to wear hoodies in the gym?

I ask this because the first day I went I wore normal gym clothes and I was nearly sick with nervousness and shame. Only hoodies make me feel comfortable.
>>
>>39577811
Yeah.

In all honesty though nobody cares what you wear.
>>
>>39577778
1.25kg increases on each lift once I hit said rep/set range, so if I'm aiming for 60kg 5x5 on bench (as an example), I'll increase the weight by 1.25kg, hit 5x5 on that, increase again and so on.

For plateaus, I'll plan to decrease the weight by 10% and work my way back up, although I haven't experienced any real plateaus as of yet.
>>
Why do my calves cramp up when doing seated calf raises? I get no muscle cramps doing any other lifts. Even warning up with 25lbs I can feel my calves cramping. Shits annoying as I have small calves and want to work them harder.
>>
>>39577811
I wear hoodies too, i'm not big or anything but hoodies give me the most comfort and focus at the gym. I plan on switching workout clothes once I fill them out, which will take a long time - now that's a true indicator of long term progress.
>>
Are barbell calf raises good? As in like, placing the bar on your back as if you're going to squat, then placing the front of your foot on an elevated plate on the floor then raising. I haven't tried them yet but I just want people's opinions on them.
>>
File: 1446864512121.png (277KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1446864512121.png
277KB, 500x377px
Anyone else doing their New Years resolution a month early? I'm with you brothers. We're gonna make it.

I'M GONNA MAKE IT REEEE
>>
>>39577860
i like them
>>
>>39577778
will probably add some squat and bench variations. thanks
>>
>>39574286
Wide grip =/ wide lats. That's one of the biggest memes ever.
Weighted pull ups, DB rows, deadlifts, and chin ups are my back routine.
Just do more volume.
>>
Is it ok if i need a little push with my body to finish the last 2 reps of every set of rows? Or am i doing them too heavy?
>>
File: 1469283645608.png (21KB, 659x753px) Image search: [Google]
1469283645608.png
21KB, 659x753px
>>39577864
>New Years resolution a month early
>>
I'm new to the gym, and I'm worried about hurting myself. How can I tell if I'm feeling a good, healthy pain in my muscles or if I'm fucking my body up? I want to be able to push myself and struggle to build muscle, but I don't want to hurt myself.
>>
I'm starting to stall on my lifts. Dead at 235lbs, squat at 190 lbs, ohp at 110 lbs. Is this about the point where linear progression is going to stop? How do I continue to lift heavier?
>>
>>39577838
If you stall don't just deload, that's spinning your wheels and won't help.

Deload to the previous weeks weight, on the last set do as many reps as possible. If it's over 7 then advance again, if it's less than 7 stay where you are.
>>
Is it a meme that you see people less big when you are getting more muscle?
>>
>>39577864
Nah.

If something is worth doing enough as a resolution I just do it. Why wait until New Years? May as well start immediately.

>>39577928
I'm more aware of other people's physiques and my standards for what's impressive has increased.
>>
If I get a majority of my calories from whole foods but use whey to get a large amount of my protein is this healthy/good enough for maintenance of muscle? I'm on a cut.
>>
>>39577973
As long as you hit your macros then it's fine.
>>
Looking for a gym bag to buy. I've been using a backpack for my first few months but it really isn't handy.
Got any advice ?
>>
>>39577701
>You're unlikely to get enough volume to make continued gains that way. Just ask to work in or wait until they finish their sets.
What do you mean? Bb compounds will be my priority, but if it's busy, I can do supplementary work without feeling going to the gym was a waste.

If the bench is taken, I can do pull overs instead because I'll have the dumbbells. Then I can do some push ups and finish off with some Svend presses. If it was legs, and the racks are taken, I can do trap bar deadlifts and then walking lunges and goblet squats or leg press.

Leg (quad), chest&back, leg (ham), biceps/triceps - is that okay?
>>
>>39577921
Anyone help me or nah?
>>
>>39577979
thanks anon.
>>
>>39577926
Alright thanks.
>>
Can one build aesthetic legs without doing BARBELL squats? Or are they absolutely necessary?

Atm just doing Bulgarian dumbbell squats and Romanian dumbbell deadlights for hams
>>
>>39578009
If you split it up across 4 days you aren't going to have enough training frequency or adequate weekly volume.
>>
>>39578005

>Not using two grocery bags inside one another (for extra durability)
>>
>>39577919
When you're just starting out you will feel extreme muscle soreness. I remember when i first started lifting i had to lay down when i got home because my entire body was hurting.
>>
>>39577864
Godspeed Anon
>>
>>39578124
Is the general idea sound? If so, how to improve for better gains?
>>
>>39578171
what should i go by when bulking? weight or time?
>>
>>39577897
That's perfectly fine as long as your back doesn't round or anything.
>>
>>39578171
Increase frequency that you hit body parts. In general the programming volume that I've found to work best for me has been along these guidelines:

Main lifts:
Up to 20 reps per week high intensity. About 85%- 90% 1RM

Another 30 reps per week in bigger sets (3x10 or something) with lower intensity ~60-70% 1 RM

30 reps a week per compound accessory for each main lift. Ie, close grip bench, push press, front squat, stiff legged dead lift. Usually done in 3 sets of 10.

45 reps per week for each Isolation exercise I choose to do for weak points or balancing physique. ie, tricep pull downs, bicep curls, rows, lat pulldowns, lateral raises, bulgarian split squats etc
>>
>>39578128
>tfw i actually use a grocery bag
>>
How can a fratfag follow a good diet plan? How can I know my total calorie intake?
>>
>>39577921
Eat big to get big and lift big. Change up your routine. Add a deload week every 2months or so, then go for a working 5rep max and base your lifts off that.
>>
>>39578250
Myfitnesspal. Learn to count and control yourself.
>>
>>39578242
If I go six days/week is this too much? I need more lower body strength to bring up my squat and diddlys.

>Day 1- legs (quads)
>Day 2 - chest
>Day 3 - rest
>Day 4 - deadlift
>Day 5 - shoulders/bi/tri
>Day 6 - legs (hamstrings)
>Day 7- ???

I'll vary the reps and cycle through low weight/high rep and high weight/low rep weeks.
>>
I'm skinny but I see little to no definition in my abs, I heard everyone had a 6pac under their fat; is that just bs?
Even if I flex my abs I don't see any, why?
>>
>>39578329
I'm 5'9, <134
>>
>>39578128
>>39578246
Doesn't help me but I chuckled
>>
File: uneditedsquats001_1.webm (3MB, 468x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uneditedsquats001_1.webm
3MB, 468x1080px
Yo, this is my first squat with lifting shoes. Do I still have a buttwink? Can you spot major or minor flaws? My aim is keeping the back healthy
>>
>>39578422
mirin form brah
>>
>>39578329
You still need to work out. You can't just be a skinny fuck with no fat and have nice abs. Especially if you're full skeletor mode with no muscle.
>>
>>39578315
You want to cycle through high weight, low weight each weak.

Something like

Day1,
>squats, high weight
>Bench low weight

Day 2
>Deadlift, high weight
>OHP, low weight

Day3
>Bench, high weight
>Squats, low weight

Day 4
>OHP, high weight
>deadlifts, low weight

Distribute accessories as necessary
>>
>>39578422
Very nice. Really minimal buttwink and shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>39578422
Looks very good. It could be the camera angle but the weight seems to move forward a little bit as you descend past parallel. You may benefit from trying to sit back into the hole slightly and getting a more efficient bar path.

Very slight buttwink but not worth changing anything for since it won't cause any problems.
>>
>>39578446
Ok I just started working out, but the part about everyone having a 6pac hidden behind fat is just bullshit?
>>
>>39578520
The muscles exist there on everyone. Most people can see them with sufficiently low bodyfat, it helps that they're slightly bigger though.
>>
>>39572973
You're just in better shape, so your muscles aren't going to get sore as easily.
>>
>>39578460
That looks like SL5x5 and I want to get away from actual exercises as the gym is packed. When I have a program that says squat and then bench and both are taken, I rather work on another leg and chest exercise than I have to wait or work in with someone else.
>>
File: 1465883405394.jpg (131KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465883405394.jpg
131KB, 1080x1080px
>>39578483
>>39578467
>>39578434
Thanks anonz, I wish you luck and gainz.
>>
>>39578422
das good form
>>
>>39578541
Swap the days if necessary. You need to be lifting with that frequency to make progress.
>>
What do you guys do when it's not gym day? I wanna see progress so badly. I'm considering switching from my 3 day routine to a 5-6 day one just so I can go, the gym keeps me busy and happy ya know?
>>
Hanging leg raises or weighted sit-ups for strength with also some mass? Rep range and frequency also appreciated
>>
>>39579170
Leg raises to failure. 3 sets.

Dragon flags and ab rollouts are better in my opinion though
>>
What's good carbs/fats/protein ratio?

I always counted my calories and made sure I get 100 protons each day, but nothing beyond that, I ate whatever foods as long as they fit the macros and protons, but I feel like eating too much carbs will make me fat, , what's a good ratio for macros if I am hitting the gym 5 days a a week?
>>
Is there any point in de-loading if I'm making steady gains and still feeling amped up to workout?
>>
Would long-distance running interfere with my squats? I've been running 5-10k's pretty regularly, and I did get pretty hueg legs from it, but I've noticed my squats are lagging way behind my other lifts.

Sure, I've had some form problems, but my squat is only slightly higher than my bench, which feels way off. Anyone got any ideas or similar experience?
>>
rate my progress? Be honest too, I wasn't watching my diet closely in the beginning and I don't think my stats are nearly as good as they could have been

little under 4 months lifting, all are 3x5 maxes except deadlift which is 1x5

ohp 55lb -> 100lb
bench 80lb -> 135lb
squat 95lb -> 180lb
dl 115 -> 205lb
>>
I have small bitch wrists. How can I fix this? My forearms aren't big either. I don't do direct forearm work but I can do over hand 225 deadlift for around 7 reps and mixed grip 365 for 4 reps.
I can wrap my hand around my wrist and make my thumb touch my index
>>
how do i find a good workout routine
>>
>>39572897
have terrible matchups, never make top 8
>>
>>39579681
Progress is kinda subjective as in it depends where you're coming from. If you started as an auschwitz skelly then thats gr8 progress, if you started fat its still decent but nothing amazing
>>
File: 9f9.png (2MB, 1065x902px) Image search: [Google]
9f9.png
2MB, 1065x902px
>>39579472
pls respond
>>
>>39574773
>>39574823
>>39574838
>>39574923
kek
>>
File: cat.jpg (121KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
121KB, 640x640px
Can supplements prevent DOMS ? I keep hearing you won't get DOMS once you aren't a newbie, but I always get DOMS after a very hard workout.

Are DOMS just for newbs? can supplements make them less severe ?
>>
>>39578763
start going everyday and do a split. if you're neet mode you could even start training same muscle group every 48 hrs like a bodybuilder. but you gotta remember to eat and rest. this is what I do and I make crazy gains every month
>>
File: 1480719069853.jpg (12KB, 224x213px) Image search: [Google]
1480719069853.jpg
12KB, 224x213px
>>39574773
>>39574838
>>39574923
>>39574923
what the fuck
>>
THINGS TO UP MY PROTEIN INTAKE THAT AREN'T PROTEIN POWDER
>>
>>39579472
Depends on your goal and current bf.
>>
>>39579713
At a mix of 365x4 your double overhand should be at least 315x5. You switched grips too soon (or developed in deads very fast). Don't use mix grip in any set until your grip fails, warm up and cool down with overhand, and do static holds at the end of your deadlifts. You can do forearm specific workouts (pullup hangs 3xF, 60s at least) but this should be enough to start.
>>
>>39579764
I started skinnyfat about 140lbs at 5'7" manlet now i'm about 155-160ish
>>
>>39579833
Painkillers help.
>>39579880
Lentils, chicken, fast food burgers.
>>
>>39578315
shoulders/deads/chest/arms/legs/shoulders/back
chest/legs/arms/chest/shoulders/back/rest

just mix it up between 6 and 7 and do light/heavy
>>
>>39579882
My goal is go as lean as possible
I'm currently at 15% and cutting
after I'm done cutting down to like 8% i'll slow bulk
>>
>>39579895
on a cut, so I'll have to avoid burgers. I'll have to look into lentils. I work a grocer so I can get it for cheaper too.
>>
any website or something i could use to find a good workout routine?
>>
>>39579898
Current weight x 1.5 in protein if you can. Depending on how many calories are left, maybe shift 50-70% of that into fat, rest in carbs.
>>
>>39579920
go do PPL , Stronglifts 5x5 or SS, if you choose the latter two don't forget to do accessories

>>39579924
so I should eat a lot more fats than carbs? or 50-50 could be fine?
>>
>>39579924
there is no advantage to eating more than 1g per pound of lean body weight. 1.5g per pound is wasting protein.
>>
So, weird fucking question.

Was squatting today and I noticed some tightness in my glutes and hamstrings during the concentric portion of the movement. For full disclosure, I have a history of SI joint pain.

So, now I'm back home, and whenever I flex my butthole like I'm about to poop I can feel an associated tightness in my hamstring almost all the way down to the back of my knee. Has anyone ever encountered this?
>>
>>39579920
www.rohitnair.net/
>>39579943
It doesn't make too much of a difference unless you want to be very stringent and are very far in your lifting career. 50/50 is fine.
>>
What's a good fitness app?

I just need something that I can look at and say "this is what I'm doing today, neat."

Yes I can remember my noob routine, but it helps me with motivation if I can look at something, do the workout, check the boxes, and then see my progress.

I haven't seen any apps that really come close to what I'm thinking, I just want something that I can program in workout A and workout B for instance
>>
>>39579666
What? Obviously not. Deloads are for when you aren't making steady progress.
>>
>>39580088
There's more to deloads than that.
They also help prevent injury.

>>39579666
Yes, tendons and ligaments generally don't feel tired or beat up until it's too late.
Giving them a week rest is a good idea, atleast once every two months.
>>
>>39580030
Download stronglifts 5x5

Otherwise make an excel sheet
>>
File: image.png (921KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
921KB, 640x960px
Bf% estimate? 6'2 weigh 200lbs.
Also how do I make my skin less saggy?
>>
File: 1480457296960.png (60KB, 664x793px) Image search: [Google]
1480457296960.png
60KB, 664x793px
>>39580261
How is that body possible?
>>
File: 1461872715162.png (383KB, 454x479px) Image search: [Google]
1461872715162.png
383KB, 454x479px
Do any of you fags know a pre workout that is higher stim but has an actual nutritional breakdown without those shitty proprietary blends?

I want to fuck my shit up but I want to know what is actually in it. Now that's probably a tall request but when my family asks me why my organs simultaneously exploded at the very least I can tell them why and not just scream "XSTREME N.O FOCUS SHREDMAX DESTRUCTION X MEGAULTRA GIGA BLEND"

Or tl;dr just rec me a high stim workout that's legal in Kangaroo Land, idgaf
>>
>>39580301
Mesomorph
>>
>>39579753
>what is evo 2014
>>
>>39580301
tren, test
>>
>>39580261
How much weight did you lose?
>>
File: image.png (896KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
896KB, 640x960px
>>39580277
Lost 130lbs in about a year without any exercise until recently
>>
Is there any reason at all not to always do ATG squats?
I've heard that the risk of contusion is higher with just parallel, and that it's just broscience that quads are working more.
>>
>>39580301
>>
File: 1474275645272.jpg (20KB, 519x422px) Image search: [Google]
1474275645272.jpg
20KB, 519x422px
>>39580328
Just because I'm willing to put horrific chemicals in my body to enhance my strength and physique doesn't mean I want to take sterons you goober.

They're totally different things
>>
>>39580343
Lift and lots of cardio but start eating at least at maintenance and drink all the water. Hopefully your skin adjusts/tightens. Good work anon but you should have been lifting.
>>
>>39580344
If you can't keep your lumbar spine from going into flexion, don't do full squats.
If you want to be able to lift the most weight (to parallel) at that moment, don't do full squats.
The quads do work more in full squats because of the longer range of motion the knees go through.
>>
>>39580366
Yeah I started lifting at the beginning of November and I'm starting to do proper cardio starting Monday
>>
i wear a very accurate heart rate strap when i work out (and run and play basketball)

i've been using it while lifting to measure intensity. what % of my HR max should I be reaching for?
>>
losing hair because bulimic, doctor prescibes wellbutrin, should not be used by bulimics because it can cause seizures.

So is my doctor trying to kill me?
>>
>>39580409
Purpose of lifting isn't to target a HR idiot. It's to move weight. That's cardio.
>>
>>39580607
Did you tell him you were bulimic? Either way he's a good doctor, either by helping with hair loss or forcing you to not be a retard one way or the other.
>>
Is it cheating no fap December if I edge without cumming?

Also, is there any benefit from abstaining from masturbation any longer than a week?
>>
>>39580676
No its a meme and youre retarded. Edging could possibly be harmful, masturbating is healthy.
>>
>>39580711
Proof to back up your claim?
>>
>>39580731
Ask your doc.
>>
>>39580742
yeah I thought so, fuck off
>>
>>39580609

heart rate is a proxy for intensity

ie. how hard should i go when i lift. its an objective measure of how hard I am working when i lift. dumbass.
>>
>>39580750
I wasn't even the original anon, but good luck with that attitude.
>>
File: 1387924521750.jpg (32KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1387924521750.jpg
32KB, 360x360px
>>39580731
>Wants proof he can masturbate on a malaysian fingerpainting appreciation board
So you will listen to retards say you get more test if you don't masturbate but when someone tells you what doctors say you say fuck off. Makes sense.
>>
>>39580750
>>39580731
Daily reminder that there is no proof that withholding from masturbation or cumming has any positive health effect.
>>
File: boards.4chan.org 1473960817387.jpg (56KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
boards.4chan.org 1473960817387.jpg
56KB, 500x740px
How much does a blood test usually run for? I got hit by a car a few years ago and time spent recovering made me depressed. My sex drive is real low.
>>
Question: When / how much cardio should I be doing?
Lifts: I've been lifting for a little over a month, SL 5x5, MWF.
Goals: Decrease body fat, increase endurance
Body: 5' 8" 170lbs overweight not sure by how much.

So should I add cardio to my off days? I know I should be letting my muscles rest but I want those cardio benefits.
>>
>>39575718
>couple months expired
it loses protein quality significantly, and increases the risk of mould. Depends how you react to large amounts of it, but probably not worth the risk unless your body is already trained in eating questionable things.
>>
Can a bulging postior disk be put back in to place
>>
>>39578315
No it isn't too much, just make sure you have supplements to back you up. Might even want to get on creatine but make sure you definitely have protein and BCAAs to help you recover faster.

I can go hard 6 days a week no problem now.
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.