[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classical /fit/ness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Is there any routine today that comes close to what the greeks did? We all know that ancient greeks were fit af, but they didn't lift like we do at the gym today, it was much more active and involved actual excercises.

In the 60's, president Kennedy started a physical education program based mainly on calisthenics (body weight training basically).

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fISgKl8dB3M
It sure as hell would be nice if they implemented something similar today, but then there would be nowhere to practice after leaving school. So my question is, how the fuck do I work out like the guys in the video? What do I need? Why the fuck aren't there any gyms like this anywhere?
>>
It's called being active, fighting wars, eating big and farming faggot. You want to look like an ancient Greek? Go fucking ride an ox and conquer Asia then you will look like a Greek.
>>
>>39565793
they didnt have any magical methods they did a lot of calisthenics, some primitive dumbbell work and wrestling/other sports
>>
Many Greeks rowed in the navy, so you could join a rowing team. Greeks did lots of wrestling, so pick up greco-roman wrestling. They also did shit loads of manual labor given the extent of technology at the time, so go work on a farm or some shit.
>>
>>39565793
Mirin. This ain't a Greek statue tho, is it?
>>
>>39566473
No, German and from 1941 lol
>>
Good thread potential
Calisthenics is the way
>>
>>39566520
Hands are Aesthetic as fugggg
>>
They would slather olive oil all over their hot muscly bodies and wrestle for hours
>>
>>39566473
I know it isn't it's just very astethic. And most greek statues are pretty much destroyed anyway
>>
>>39565793
Dedicate yourself to calisthenics and cardio bro.
>>
>>39567447
>those fingers on the chest

H O W

Just how the fuck did they do these things back then
>>
>>39568649
seen those kids in street workout parks? sure they got 0% bf and can do million of pullups / dips but they look like absolute skinny weaklings, nothing like greek figures. i think they got big either with wrestling or they had some way of increasing resistance maybe doing more advanced gymnastic moves or lifting heavy stuff
>>
>>39568747
>seen those kids in street workout parks? sure they got 0% bf and can do million of pullups / dips but they look like absolute skinny weaklings, nothing like greek figures. i think they got big either with wrestling or they had some way of increasing resistance maybe doing more advanced gymnastic moves or lifting heavy stuff

I don't think you understand how retarded what you just said is.

Calisthenics is resistance, If you do a a shit tone of pushups chinups dips and squats on top of eating at a slight surplus and doing some of the more advanced stuff those street workout guys do, you will get big.

Period.
>>
>>39568747
>What is progression
If you're doing advanced calisthenics then there's absolutely no reason why you can't make good gains.
>>
lots of cardio, endurance and calisthenics. you're not training for 1RM or hypertrophy. greek soldiers would have trained very similarly to modern soldiers. greeks didn't look like their statues
>>
>>39568769
>>39568954
thats what i said later - advanced gymnastic moves like levers or some shit you cant do million pullups and expect to grow forever sooner or later youll stop seeing gains
>>
>>39569004
The dudes in those greek statues did workout for strength and hypertrophy and athletic performance.
The vast majority of what they actually did was calisthenics. Just like every military man, athlete, and martial artist in the history of the world.
>>
>>39569042
like i said, the statues are not copied from human physiques, they're idealisations. training like a greek wouldn't make any sense.

also for the sake of clarity OP's picture is from the third reich and >>39567447 is from the 16th century. most cool white statues you see aren't greek
>>
>>39569067
they must have based their idealised statues on someone you dummy.
imagine never seeing muscular man in your life - your idealised male form wouldnt look like something you cant know about
and dont use anatomical impossibilities as arguments - artists scuplted it not doctors
greco roman wrestling, calisthenics and sports is the way
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.