[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit I just got awarded over $30k... wat do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1478591047396.jpg (952KB, 1763x2034px) Image search: [Google]
1478591047396.jpg
952KB, 1763x2034px
Already have a car paid for in cash, already have a motorcycle, already have at least 6 months worth of /fraud.
I have about 8k worth of debt.
Think I should just pay off my debt, and go to uni debt free? First two years will be practically free 100%.
And i'll have money for food and gains the whole way.

What should I do fellas?
Never had this much money, and I just turned 20 like 3 months ago.
>>
Pay off the debt.
How did you get awarded 30k?
>>
Yes pay off your debt now you dummy. Unless you need something save most of it. It might seem like a lot now but you can burn through it quickly buying stupid shit you didnt need
>>
>>39561190
8k worth of student loans I took out just to have basically. Ended up spending some of it on the motorcycle, and have about 2k of it left. Also lost about 3k of it due to a legal matter.
>>
>>39561190

my (male) boss called me into his office... and when I came in he (not memeing) was standing there with his hands on his hips and his pants and underwear on the floor hard...

I took a photo really fast on my phone and they offered me 30k not to take it trial + a promotion just to sign some paper work saying I couldn't contact a reporter or go to court
>>
>Feed $165 a month into a Roth IRA
>$1950 a year
>7% interest
>15 years later
>$49,755.46

Get a son and send him to school since you don't need that money right now. Or:

dollar cost averaging
>invest $1250 a month into a company of your choice for 2 years
>this takes advantage of the fluctuating stock market by buying a ton of shares when price goes down, and buying a few when price goes up
>no matter what still only investing $1250 a month
>make steady safe market gainz

Choice is yours desu. Talk to a financial advisor, there's all sorts of way to put that surplus to work.
>>
>>39561190
Also I got in a car wreck, hired a good lawyer, and he is the one who got me the settlement of around 35k.
I sure as hell didn't earn that.
>>
>>39561120
Talk to a financial advisor and invest it. I can almost guarantee you will get better advice than from a Mongolian slam poetry forum.
>>
>>39561253
>>39561223
>>
>>39561120
If your debt is something where your repayments give you a credit rating (loans/mortgage/car), do not pay it all off right away.
Your bank or financial establishment will see that you're unable to commit to a long-term deal. Plus, your credit rating will be shit because they won't see that you're reliable enough to pay things off consistently.
It's bad business for someone to pay off a house while they [Banks] will be more negotiable if they think they can chip at you with interest every step of the mortgage/loan.

Shove all of it into an account and let interest save up, taking enough for repayments without having to worry while your job can support your needs and wants.

Or go see an investment office/agent and put some (read: not all) into a deposit for an investment property. Get some upstanding citizens to move in and rent the place to pay off that mortgage for you (obviously, you'll have to pay for upkeep until you do).
If the debt is just lay-buy shit like textbooks, or bills, pay that off.

You'll have that money sitting in that account collecting interest and dust, while making your bank very happy to give you bonuses or better interest rates because your credit rating is flawless. You can easily pay off 8k in about 3 years without thinking about it.

Repeat investments over and over and let your portfolio turnover your 30k into 500k~ before you're 30, with some disposable income while youre in your 20's

tldr;
Don't pay everything off.
Just pay repayments but without worry.
Shove into an account and invest, see a professional.
Have disposable income to bang hookers and snort coke
>>
Pay off your debt

Go to trade school
>>
>>39561219
Are you a woman?
>>
>>39561650

no
>>
>>39562707

you forgot to say "no h-homo"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.