[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I have so much more energy when I don't eat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: mhm.jpg (1MB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg
1MB, 2122x1415px
Why do I have so much more energy when I don't eat?
>>
>>39560920
>2017
>being this deluded
>>
>>39560937
All I'm saying is when I'm forcing myself to eat more than I usually would when I'm trying to gain weight I feel like I never have energy.
>>
>>39560920
Fast = metabolism increase

Adrenaline increases, this is an evolutionary mechanism to give you energy to go find food

Feast = insulin release and parasympathetic response

Insulin depresses testosterone, dopamine, the natural response to food is drowsiness--time to heal and use those building blocks to repair the body
>>
>>39561093
Huh. Well what do you know. Thanks! Very informative answer
>>
Speaking of energy, what do some of you guys do for energy at the end of the day after work, do you just use raw discipline or do you have tricks to motivate yourselves?
>>
>>39561093

but you have to eat so how do i eat without insulin fucking my shit up?
>>
>>39561093
this man doesn't mince his words
>>
>>39561136
put most of your calories at dinner

perfect for sleepy times
>>
>>39561127
I just know that the tiredness I feel is mostly in my head and that once I exercise I'll be energized again. Sometimes I'll use the thought process of, like, "ok, you're gonna skip the gym to go home instead and do... what? lay down? nap?" and by that point I'm usually convinced it'd be a waste of time / detrimental to my health / etc.
>>
>>39561110
Glad I could help

>>39561154
Concise = clear
>>
>>39560920
Depends what you are eating, doing lots of carbs right up front will throw you into a low because insulin release like >>39561093
was explaining
>>
>>39561127
SIPS
>>
>>39560920
Are you fat?
>>
>>39561318
Quite the opposite lol I'm pretty skelly. I run a ton.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.