[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting Olympic squats need advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0655.jpg (17KB, 538x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0655.jpg
17KB, 538x330px
Anyone want to recommend videos or personal tips for starting Olympic squats? I've only started to practice the movement of going into the squat below parallel and I have tight hips. anything concerning proper technique or mobility assistance (which is my problem at the moment) would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>39559871
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfJVhDaKrPw do these. prepare for pain
>>
>>39559886
other than that, work on hip, hamstring, ankle, and shoulder mobility
>>
File: aintneverseen.gif (3KB, 324x216px) Image search: [Google]
aintneverseen.gif
3KB, 324x216px
>>39559871

Leg presses with a higher incline than "normal ones".... you're shooting for about 45 degrees, many leg presses are only 30 degrees.

Put your feet high and wide.... near the corners...

Have no weight on the sled... relax your hips (do not brake with your knees, only your butt), and let the sled slide until your groin and hips feel the stretch... you might even grab the top of the sled and pull it toward you a little...

Now--- pushing up, you must "pull with your ankles" again -- do not push with your knees.

Once you feel kind of stretched,,,, try it with a 25 lbs plate per side.

>Hope it works....
>>
>>39559886
There's just so many vids out there that I just needed to get a compass north on what to look for, thank you. This will help
>>
>>39559935
that whole playlist on omars chanel with jake will get you pretty sorted, good luck anon
>>
>>39559909
As for the ankles I'm understanding to pull and push through them as though there are poles connecting me to the ground, true no? Also, I didn't note it before but I felt a need to have a wider stance almost like a sumo squat. Is it due to the fact that I'm overcompensating for weak hip mobility or it's just natural to do that?
>>
>>39559949
Thank you !!!!
>>
>>39559871
Wait there such a thing as olympic and powerlifting squats?

Oh shit, wonder which one I am doing
>>
>>39560102
low bar for powerlifting, high bar for oly
>>
>>39560142
Thing is I think I do low bar, but I do narrow leg placement.
really makes me think which one i am doing
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.