[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I add cardio and chest to the SS program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1480414628191.jpg (66KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480414628191.jpg
66KB, 479x640px
Can I add cardio and chest to the SS program?
>>
>>39557432
Have you read the book?
>>
>>39557445
No. I've only read the last few pages of each chapter where he explains how to get the right form
>>
File: 1480519452854.jpg (8KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
1480519452854.jpg
8KB, 250x209px
>>39557432
no. focus only on legs. upper body and arms are for douchebags. embrace the satyr life

hip drahve
>>
>>39557432
YNDTP
>>
>>39557432
It's also surprising how little muscle mass he actually put on during those 3 months with "coach" Rippetoe. He got from skinny and weak to fat and weak.
>>
>>39557572
What could he do differently?
>>
Can I do cardio or not? goddamnit, you useless shit board.
>>
>>39557432
Stop making me afraid of SS, i've been getting my shit togther for few months, and now seeing all this mockery, I'm not sure about the programm. Isolation and machines seems like gay shit for bodyluilders, and I thought adding bodyweight exercises (and adding additional weight to bodyweight) would be enough. I'm hungry skeleton though.
>>
>>39557591
Dunno - how about more upper body such as dumbells and direct work, that would be a good start. If you are going to consume 3000 kcal in excess you need to be doing the work to match it and not 3x5 on squats and a single set of deads.
>>
>>39557591
He could said 'fuck off, Rippetard'
>>
>>39557633
>gay shit for bodybuilders

So what are your goals? You don't want to be aesthetic?
>>
>>39557591
Roids up his poop chute
>>
>>39557656
Putting 15-20 kgs of muscles would be enough, I've got pretty aesthetic body anyway, just not mucular enough in some places.
>>
>>39557591
Eat less
>>
>>39557687
SS doesn't hit enough upper body. Youll end up with T-Rex legs.

Do something like PPL to build all around mass.
>>
>>39557928
Do you mean this one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>39557572

>fat and weak

Not really
He got quite a bit stronger; just not aesthetic

If he'd swapped routines at that point then cut he'd have looked good
>>
>>39557941
That's what I run, but there are others. Look up Coolcicadas' PPL also, heard good things about it too.
>>
>>39557969
I don't think my gym have all the machines necessary for the reddit PPL.

PPL wants you to train 6 days a week and SS wants you to train 3 days a week. Both builds the same amount of muscle
>>
>>39558024
They don't build the same amount of muscle, and the ends are totally different. PPL will leave you weak as fuck, but slightly aesthetic. You will plateau so hard.

SS will leave you STRONK as fuck. You then use that strength for PPL and you explode with aesthetics on your cut. You should also add accessories for arms, chest, calves, and your delts to SS.
>>
>>39558101
>You should also add accessories for arms, chest, calves, and your delts to SS.
Which workouts do you recommend?
>>
>>39558153
Curls, Close Grip Bench, Skullcrushers, Pullups(or pulldowns), Chin Ups(If you can't do this, just do another form of curls), Standing/Seated Calf Raises, Shoulder Press, Rear Delt Fly. Those all work. Rotate them around properly so you aren't fucking yourself up by doing shoulders on a day that doesn't also involve OHP. Another good thing to do is Farmer's Walks, and to hold your Deadlift at the top of the last rep while squeezing like a motherfucker until you can't keep the bar up anymore. That last one will also build your forearms nice and good.
>>
>>39558189
The SS book says to do what says in the book
>>
>>39558214
That works too, but you will just be a t-rex in the end. Add the accessories and you'll look better.
>>
>>39558226
It's better to just do the reddit PPL. It has all the main lifts.
>>
>>39558294
>main lifts
This meme needs to die.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.