[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Valsalva and retinal detachment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 487.jpg (7KB, 325x155px) Image search: [Google]
487.jpg
7KB, 325x155px
Sup /fit/, long story shor:t I heard that I'm no longer allowed to do any movements that make you do the Valsalva maneuver, because it highers my risk factor for retinal detachment (there's already a benign tumor chilling there).

Could you guys suggest exercises that can still build a decent physique without having to valsalva? I was thinking a calesthenics routine perhaps with some leg press.
>>
>>39557044
What?
What the fuck is valsalva?
>>
>>39557044
>valsalva
eh?
>>
File: 000909090.jpg (287KB, 1282x1268px) Image search: [Google]
000909090.jpg
287KB, 1282x1268px
>>39557056
>>39557057
DYEL
>>
File: valsalva-maneuver-instructions.jpg (18KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
valsalva-maneuver-instructions.jpg
18KB, 300x266px
Op here: you guys are probably doing valsalva without knowing the name, pic related
>>
>>39557067
and this is going to make your eye fall out?
>>
>>39557124
OP said he has a tumor there so im pretty sure you're fine.

Get well soon OP
>>
>>39557124
Nope, there's a tumor behind it that has increased in size ever since I started strength training, and they're suggesting that it's because of the constant increases in blood pressure that it has grown.

The larger it is, the more risk there is that it can leak fluid and cause retinal detachment.

>tldr: can't squat, ohp, bench or diddly anymore and I feel devestated
>>
>>39557150
you can stick to machines and free weights.
you can also still do those and similar exercises just don't over exert yourself.
>>
>>39557150
>>39557044
OP you could still probably bench and do most of the isolation shit. Just lightweight and +10 reps on every set, work only till the point where you can still breathe normally, meaning you don't have hold air and increase blood pressure to complete the rep.
>>
JUST
>>
>>39557174
>>39557185
Cheers bros
>>
>>39557185
>>39557204
But still m8, I wouldn't pick higher risk of losing sight for a limited physique
>>
>>39557234
You're right, but lifting is the only thing that doesn't make me depressed atm
>>
File: swole snake.jpg (70KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
swole snake.jpg
70KB, 600x884px
>>39557234
That's why you'e not gonna make it.

OP you can still lift, if retina becomes detached just wear an eyepatch and grow a beard and go into Swole Biggest Boss mode.

>not being a demon
>>
>Some health care professionals have cautioned against RT for patients with hypertension because it can lead to the Valsalva maneuver, a strenuous and prolonged expiratory effort when the glotus is closed, causing a decrease in venous return to the heart and an increase in peripheral venous pressures during the initial strain [ 11 ]. Venous return increases after the strain has been terminated, leading to increased arterial pressure. A major concern for this effect was highlighted back in 1985 by MacDougall et al. [ 12 ] who reported mean values of 320/250 mmHg during a leg press exercise, with one subject exceeding 480/350 mmHg, resulting in up to a fourfold elevation in BP in bodybuilders, lifting weights at or above 80 % of their 1-RM

strengthfatties btfo once again
>>
>>39558015
>Venous return
Jesus lad, read that as "venomous rectum".
>>
>>39557067
the key is : Breath into your belly
>>
surgically remove your tumor'd eye.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.