[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punching Things General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Looking to get some kick/boxing equipment in my shitty ass apartment, but can't decide between the two pic relateds.

I want a multi-purpose bag/dummy that I can use mostly for accuracy and moderate cardio. I ruled out a full heavy bag because my apartment doesn't have room to let it swing, and I'm not specifically looking for power. I do go to a gym with boxing equipment that I have access to for other kinds of work.

Option A is the classic BOB. It's easier to move around, and provides a clearly defined shape for defensive drills and accuracy training. The wobble from striking is enough to make head movement semi-realistic. Downside is it's free-standing and can't take kicks full force.

Option B is Aquabag's new torso looking thing. It's much, much heavier for resistance (roughly 160lbs), but would also require me to get a heavy bag stand, which seems harder to fit in here. Also, their conventional bags get crazy good reviews, and the contoured shape seems like it would only improve it.

Help me decide, /fit/?

Also, punching things general
>>
>>39553406
Don't.

Those things are a waste of space outside of gyms and martial arts
>>
>>39553514

And in a gym environment, which would you prefer?
>>
>>39553562
Dummy. The bag would need to be heavy as fuck but the Dummy being grounded is barely more realistic then you hitting someone on a chain. Not saying bags ain't great for their intended purpose though but unless it's body length then no. Least with the Dummy you get a better understanding on what exactly you're punching
>>
If you get the Aqua bag, you don't fill it with Sand, you fill it with water. Those bags are used to develop force so when you hit the aqua bag the water disperses the energy from a hit. Aside from that you would never use sand in it unless if you're a fucking retard.

Go with the BoB, you can find them on craigslist. But honestly, don't get anything until you actually take boxing or kickboxing lessons.
>>
>>39553718
>If you get the Aqua bag, you don't fill it with Sand, you fill it with water. Those bags are used to develop force so when you hit the aqua bag the water disperses the energy from a hit. Aside from that you would never use sand in it unless if you're a fucking retard.

Who said literally anything about this?

>Go with the BoB, you can find them on craigslist. But honestly, don't get anything until you actually take boxing or kickboxing lessons.

Already doing kickboxing. Trainer likes both, but hasn't tried the Aqua bags. He wasn't sure if it was better, and said I should ask around if I wanted something for home.

Hence, the asking.
>>
File: HBL_1[1].jpg (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
HBL_1[1].jpg
48KB, 800x800px
>>39553630
yup thats why boxing gyms haven't used heavybags since the beginning of times
go with a heavybag m8 there is a reason they're used, the one of the right is closer to them but i would just go with pic related i use one for cardio and footwork
>>
I can recommend pic related op
>>
>>39555146
man thats such a shit old reference that it's almost funny
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.