[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fat-nerd-667x375.jpg (44KB, 667x375px) Image search: [Google]
fat-nerd-667x375.jpg
44KB, 667x375px
Hi guy's recently just finished my last year at my university and I just so happen to be really fat and long hair, Im getting tired of it and afraid for my health in the near future, Now since I got alot of time I was wondering, should I start losing weight and working out?
>Be me
>Always told to drop the weight before I regret it
>Never did and stayed fat my brother got really well fit but hit a all time low after dropping out
>Hate it since its a turn off for most chicks
>And dick size is abolished since my fat covers some
>Stretch marks are annoying
>Gotta be fresh and clean smelling since after a day of not showing I smell like sweat
what do you guys think? would it be worth at this point of my life? one of the hardest parts is going to a gym and just getting nervous of people seeing me run or something.
>>
>>39553322

"Would it be worth it"

The time is going to pass anyways. Assuming you aren't so fat you that you are at an immediate crisis stage wherein you have already or are at a extremely high risk of developing heart disease, having a stroke, generating cholesterol issues, developing metabolic syndrome, developing lipedemia, developing arteriosclerosis, or developing cancers of the esophagus, kidneys, pancreas, gallbladder, liver, or bowel, and are not so fat that you have prehypertension, hypertension, or Type II Diabetes...

You see where I'm going here. Fitness is always, always worth it. Not only will it help you physically in both the short long and long run, it helps mentally too. It will effect self esteem, mood, and mood regulation. It will likely in some part, in the social sense, change your identity and this will further change your social relations to a point. In order words, you do change as a person.

I will link an article on the neurobiological effects of exercise below
>>
>>39553322

>The neurobiological effects of physical exercise are numerous and involve a wide range of interrelated effects on brain structure, brain function, and cognition
>research in humans has demonstrated that consistent aerobic exercise (e.g., 30 minutes every day) induces persistent improvements in certain cognitive functions, healthy alterations in gene expression in the brain, and beneficial forms of neuroplasticity and behavioral plasticity; some of these long-term effects include: increased neuron growth, increased neurological activity (e.g., c-Fos and BDNF signaling), improved stress coping, enhanced cognitive control of behavior, improved declarative, spatial, and working memory, and structural and functional improvements in brain structures and pathways associated with cognitive control and memory.
>The effects of exercise on cognition have important implications for improving academic performance in children and college students, improving adult productivity, preserving cognitive function in old age, preventing or treating certain neurological disorders, and improving overall quality of life.
>People who regularly perform aerobic exercise (e.g., running, jogging, brisk walking, swimming, and cycling) have greater scores on neuropsychological function and performance tests that measure certain cognitive functions, such as attentional control, inhibitory control, cognitive flexibility, working memory updating and capacity, declarative memory, spatial memory, and information processing speed.
>aerobic exercise is also a potent antidepressant and euphoriant;as a result, consistent exercise produces general improvements in mood and self-esteem.

Just see the citations in the article for sources.
>>
>>39553396
>>39553409

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
>>
>>39553322

>one of the hardest parts is going to a gym and just getting nervous of people seeing me run or something.

Your right. It is. Everyone is self concious about their body or the way they appear in general - whether its their hair, their teeth, their skin (acne, etc), their height, and so on. The most important thing is that you just begin. Start by analyzing your diet and reducing intake of highly caloric beverages (seriously - try drinking only coffee/tea/water - and limit the sugar in the two former substances) while eating smaller portions. Learn about how digestion works and how the body processes protein, fat, and carbs. How insulin works. Those sorts of things. Learn calories in vs calories out. The sooner you start to get fit the better things will be and you will not only be far healthier but likely far more attractive as well.
>>
>>39553322
>one of the hardest parts is going to a gym and just getting nervous of people seeing me run or something.
People seem to be really self-conscious about this. It's as if you're going to be looked down upon for improving yourself by other people improving themselves in the exact same way.

If you're a fatass but you walk into the gym and put some visible effort into what you're doing, nobody's going to judge you.

There's this incredibly fat guy who goes to my gym, just started recently, but every time he shows up he immediately hops on the exercise bike and just starts going ham on that thing. After like 45 minutes he gets off sweating like a motherfucker and nearly keeling over before going on to lift.

Then there's this other guy. He shows up with his wife or something. He shows up in jeans, loafers, a sweater, all that shit and just sits behind his wife who's walking on the treadmill at 2mph. He's sitting on the front of a treadmill just staring at his wife. After a while he takes his shoes off and starts walking on the treadmill in his fucking socks, 2mph, no incline, for about 15 minutes. He hops off, and a few minutes later his wife does too. They do that whole exaggerated sigh while stretching thing and congratulate eachother for working so hard. Fuck them.

My point is that so long as you're there to actually improve yourself instead of just attempting to justify your bad behavior, nobody will think poorly of you.
>>
>>39553457
Op here, This is what iv'e composed so far but fuck can't think of anything else, I do not want to gain muscle yet until I drop atleast 100 Pounds.
> Oatmeal
>Egg whites
>Bread (100%) Wheat?
>Nothing but water
And what about skin and my stretch marks when it starts getting saggy as fuck, my brother had some saggy ass tits after losing weight.
>>
File: routine.gif (8KB, 568x360px) Image search: [Google]
routine.gif
8KB, 568x360px
>>39553509
Look at this, there's a link to a macro calculator. You can do a regular lifting/cardio routine, but so long as you eat a caloric deficit instead of a surplus you'll lose weight instead of gain it. Lifting and cardio burns a shitload of calories and will help you lose more fat than lean body mass.

Past that, try to avoid drinking sugary shit. Stick to water and black coffee as much as possible.
>>
>>39553322
>hey guys should i stop putting my life at risk because i have no self control?

when do we start banning stupid fat people i swear to fucking god
>>
>>39553322
>should I start losing weight and working out?
Nah
>>
>>39553322
Nah mate, just give up. If you didn't manage to do it in your youth there's little chance you'll stick with it. Just grow a beard, get glasses and marry some used up slut that will let you lick Jamals/Ahmeds cum out of her once in a while.

Seriously tough: just fucking do it. It's a hackneyed slogan, but it works. Go for a walk right now, do some pushups, go sign up at a gym, don't go for burritos at work. The fat will just melt off you with just a bit more care about your diet and some exercise. It's harder and more miserable to be a 300+lbs blob than to stay at least reasonably fit.
>>
>>39553322

No one gives a fuck. At your local gym you will see people in every shape ranging from athletic to fat fucks like you, to old fat women.

Go, do your training, leave. No one else really cares what you do unless you start doing embarrassing exercises or insist on being one of those guys who does his exercises right in the middle of a walkway to inconvenience everyone.

Youll probably get some free Personal Trainer sessions when you sign up, so you can use that to get some basic diet/exercise advice.
>>
>>39553524
Sorry haven't been replying im working currently
>Bartender
>8PM - 2AM everyday except sunday
I am definitely going to do something similar to the example you showed me.
>>
>>39553322
To parrot what everyone else is saying (because it's true:) Nobody gives a fuck.
If you're really so fucking concerned: buy a stationary bike and a set of dumbbells that go up to a decent weight. You can get that really cheap of craigslist or at a garage sale - and it will be enough for the time being.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.