[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtddtot/ - Questions that Don't Deserve their own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 36

I haven't seen one of these in a while

if I forget to drink protein after the gym (I get high after long days), will I achieve the same effect as if I drank it right when I got home the night before or is the 30-minute broscience true?
>>
Protein window is a myth.
>>
How do I up my /CBR/ game? I want to start meal prepping my lunches, maybe dinners as well, but everything I find is hippy upper-middleclass soccer mom memeshit. What's a simple, tasty meal I can prep to break up the monotony of chicken-broccoli-rice? Goal total calories ~1600-1800/day.
>>
>>39548462
what are some good chest exercises? I feel like i need to hit my chest more, it's never really sore after the gym
I'm benching 5/3/1 and then 5x10 at around 60%, and then I do some dips and landmine press, but that's about all for my chest
what else can I do? Do I really need to do anything else for my chest?
>>
>>39548462
>I haven't seen one of these in a while
they are literally up 24/7, i hardly see times when thres not one up
>>
What is that site where you can pick a start weight and a goal weight and it shows you pictures of a bunch of people that have lost that amount of weight? I can't remember it at all and Google is bringing up meme magazine instagram trash
>>
What are some good poses for selfies to accentuate my squat ass and thighs to pickup gay men on Craigslist/etc for blow jobs. I'm married and "straight" btw.
>>
Is there any point in a woman doing barbell squats if she is trying to lose inches around her waist? Wouldn't squats make her waist look like a tree trunk instead of slimming it down to an hourglass shape?
>>
>>39549044
Not really to be quite honest.
But doing a single squat session once a week is relatively easy to do and will give you benefits.
If you do want to work on your legs then you should just stick to gobblet squats, romanian deadlifts and lunges.
>>
>>39549044
That's genetics. You can't spot weight loss in areas.
You won't gain huge amounts of muscle as a woman. I hate using the word tone, but every weightlifting exercise a woman does simply tones her body instead of making you big.

Unless you bulk like a retard.
>>
>>39548815
Try downloading 8fit, has an awesome library of meals. First two weeks is free so writ down as meals as you can, then unsubscribe
>>
>>39549062
>>39549064

I see... hm, so the reason I ask this is because I've been told that the compound movements of squats practically work out everything from legs to your core.
Which is why I asked about ab area.

What about swapping it out for something like planks? Or hell, even adding planks to the workout routine?
>>
Why did she leave me?
>>
In my country is winter cold as fuck now, but i like to run.
Problem is when i run after ~15-20 minutes my throat starts hurting because of cold air.
What do i do? Should i get throat heaters? Can they help?
>>
>tfw fucked up my shoulder somehow
I'm not sure if I fucked it up at work of at the gym, but I woke up with it so here I am now.

The Doc told me to lay off it. What're some chest/upper bod excercises I can do to maintain chest gains without hurting my should?

It's left by the way, I want to stay as even as possible until it gets better
>>
>>39549169
Do you not have access to a treadmill?

I'd say get a tight scarf and use a dust mask (if you dont mind running with a dust mask). Your hot breath being contained will warm up your face/mouth.
>>
>>39549148
Workout your core as in build lean muscle and burn fat so you're not flabby. Planks won't get you a nice ass and legs but you should do them as well, not as a replacement.
>>
>>39549171
triggerpoints.net

>>39549169
htfu

>>39549163
because youre a loser
>>
>>39549169
Pop cayenne pepper pills. Bring hot water with you.
>>
I'm getting back to the gym after 5+ months of doing only hard work and i wonder : Should i go to gym before or after the work ? it's a very heavy and manual one and i'm afraid that it'll impact GREATLY my gains

>>39548887
Chest and cable flies my man, it'll tear you up like there's no tomorow

>>39549148
>>39549044
Do some stomach vaccums, it'll help greatly (and the real kind, with the obliques and lumbars, not just sucking your gut)
>>
I dont have money to keep buying new free weights for farmers carries, would a suitcase carry with a barbell be as good?
>>
>>39549148
Yes, squats will give you a wide core.

It's why most women who are concerned with their figures(and their trainers)do things outside of the typical barbel squat or do them rarely.
They do other things for their legs and ass.
Like lunges, goblet squats, and bridges.
If you want to tighten your core, meaning tighten up your stomach, then I suggest a good diet along with planks or crunches.
They work.
>>
>>39549218
thanks my man, i took chest flies out a while back, but i guess ill add em back in
>>
>>39548462
Slav here, well a "civilized european slav" I have a problem, I always had this problem. You see as a slav, we are more violent and angry than europeans, but I am part of a subslav/family that is even angrier and violent, though I havent done any violence, each and every day I only have violent and angry thoughts. Even on my good days.

A couple of years back I was kinda fat, so low test, but thanks to liftan and dieting I am now stronger than before, below 10%BF, and my energy levels have gone up again, along with my mood.

So the problem of course is that my blood compels me to violence. I only think of violence. You see, when I go alongside european people, when they see a problem they go like "well you can do thing X to prevent/solve this problem". But I immediately think "well if the problem is caused by a person or thing, can you kill it to remove that problem?"

I managed to hold it at bay at some times, and me being able to write about it is a great indication that I am learning what it is about. But, I cant even watch movies or play non violent video games anymore. I am not even joking, murder is the only thing on my mind. And its kinda bugging me out, I wish to learn of the complex, and more longer term problem solving skills of the natives. Because while their nations seem to be overrun with immigrants, I can see the merit in peacetime to not be a violent person. So how does one learn this peacefulness?
>>
Where do I buy hgh?
>>
>>39548815
Protein powder and stevia..
>>
>>39549183
>Do you not have access to a treadmill?
Yes but that is not what i like. 8 hours i sit and work in office.
When i run i want to be outside.

>Your hot breath being contained will warm up your face/mouth.
My face has no problem with cold, i have beard.

>>39549195
tea in thermostat :D
>>
Is there a program similar to 100pushups.com but with pull ups? I want to go military and this program seems like the fastest way to get my numbers up, but I need one for pull ups and running as well. Thank you for any help!
>>
>>39549235
>So the problem of course is that my blood compels me to violence. I only think of violence. You see, when I go alongside european people, when they see a problem they go like "well you can do thing X to prevent/solve this problem". But I immediately think "well if the problem is caused by a person or thing, can you kill it to remove that problem?"
Litteraly the same. Do you think i might be slav ? What kind even are you, balkan kind ?

Also you might be wanting to look for a place to take your anger out : Seek if your local junkyard is open to public and go smash some cars there or something. Best option tho would be joining a systema place, it's a great health, anger, and martial art place
>>
>>39549257
There is, I think it's called the 25 pull-up challenge. Same principle as the push-up (and sit up) routines. Example: 5,4,3,3,6+
>>
>>39548887
>Not doing 3x3
Weight = size.

>>39549244
MK677.

>>39549252
Also, some oil or something for fat. Carbs aren't necessary, but fat is.
>>
File: 1464621837067.jpg (63KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464621837067.jpg
63KB, 679x960px
What is body recomposition.

I'm trying to cut at 20% BF down to 10%. I was using the calculator, leangains, and in trying to replace my the BF with muscle. I'm also low bodyweight, 5'11 @ 140. Ony thing I have in my appartment is about 150 llbs in weight plates and a curl bar in my appartment. Also a benchpress bed thing that you lay on.

What do you suggest. Want to look like pic related.
>>
>>39549307
>3x3
what fucking meme is this
>>
>>39549257
50pullups.com
>>
questions about etiquette/unwritten gym rules

Is it ok to ask pretty much anyone for a spot? Typically I ask PTs but if none are around, I try to find someone who's alone on break just after they finish a set. I try not to ask the same person twice either.

Conversely, if you are available, should you ever say no to a spot?

Also about working in. Is it always ok to ask to work in assuming there's only 1 or 2 people using the equipment? Again, I'm usually ok with waiting it out but there are days I work out during my wagecuck lunch break so I want to get in and out as fast as I can.
>>
>>39549273
Not sure, slavs of some sort do share a lot of more generic DNA with whites, so it might be a grander thing still. I think that there are fewer of you who become ultraviolent, in your general population compared to us. Also Kazakh..ish. In my family there is more violence, not a bad kind, we can control it, but it seems that violence does go to things outside of family. The kids had it, the other family members also have these things. More interest into violent things even.

But the problem is that these people didnt focus so much on test. I only managed to control it because of average to low test, now that I am clean, eating well and controlling for it. I feel like its overtaking me more and more. I still can control it, but its like a good fuck, in the back of my head I want to kill something. I want to shoot something, I want to get into a tank and drive over sandniggers or something. Its kinda annoying. I am enjoying my old hobbies less and seeking things that can sate my urge to kill.
>>
>>39549308
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>39549335
It's OK to ask anyone for a spot that seems half capable of doing it. You can ask the same guy more than once as well if he's chill about it. I mean, why not?
Idk about aaying no to a spot. Never said no to anybody who wants one because it's not like it's meddling in with my lifts and it's a karma thing.
It's always OK to ask to work in of you're not OHPing lmao1pl8 when someone is squatting 4 pl8s. If you are asking to work in on machines or you fall in the weight range that you can work in without causing much disturbence, why not.
>>
>>39549344
I said cut, but this sounds like a nice bulk for later on. Thanks for the tip
>>
>>39549230
Thanks! How about hip thrusts?
>>
>>39549383
You are a spooky skeleton. Bulk first, cut later. Seriously, if you cut now you're gonna look like a holocaust survivor.
>>
Any way I can make dick gains?
>>
>>39549400
I just don't like having a ton of BF at all. I guess the rationale is that its easier to cut later than now because your body will need to shed fat since your doing well in the gym.

What can I do with a bench and weights tho. The closest gym is like 10 miles and I don't own a car.
>>
>>39549459
>>39548463
>>
So after walking or being on my feet for a while, could be anywhere from an hour to many hours my lower back feels tight when I bend over, but is relieved instantly when I do so
Is this something I should worry about?
>>
>>39548802

Is this /fit/s variant of "The Holocaust never happened"?
>>
>>39549574
Strengthen glutes
>>
>>39548462
Alright famiglia, to have a rock solid popping out adonis belt it's all genetics and low body fat?

asking since if I look into the mirror frontally, I still look like I have some fat on my sides and lower stomach, yet, if I flex my guts out I can see my six pack, and my V fucking pops out like crazy and makes me look extremely lean on the sides, it makes me look like a underwear model but if I'm not flexing the guts out I can barely see the V
>>
File: 1478567850344.png (2MB, 1190x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1478567850344.png
2MB, 1190x1192px
Pull ups or chinups for dat dere cobra back
>>
>>39549635
no.

protein window is actually a myth. see alan aragorn for details.
>>
>>39549765
sauce her RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>39549752
Low bf and genetics are big factors

But you can also train your obliques to make it pop more

>>39549765
Chinups work the lats more

Pullups work the teres and mid traps more
>>
>>39549820
>But you can also train your obliques to make it pop more

Outside heavy diddlylifts and haging leg raises, is there something I should do?
Im also scared that training them will make me look wide-hipped since I pack most of my fat on the lowerback which makes my sides look like shit when bf% gets high
>>
>>39549810
No. Google reverse image search is down for me too.
>>
>>39549194
thanks for the link!
>>
File: Emily BREHrry.jpg (59KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
Emily BREHrry.jpg
59KB, 564x564px
>>39549857
>>39549810
>>39549765
Emily Barry
>>
>>39549635
no because there's legitimate proof that the window is not real
>>
>>39548462
is 5'9 good for a 16 year old or will my son be a manlet cuck
>>
>>39550003
Assuming you're not talking about yourself,

Since he's only 16 I'll say he has at least 5 more years to get uncucked. Unlikely however.
>>
>>39550003
manlet cuck, just like his adoptive father
>>
>>39550031
im 5'6 thanks
>>39550026
isn't 5 years a lot?
>>
>>39550069
>isn't 5 years a lot?
the average human stops growing completely around age 21.

If anything, I'd consider it a blessing that he potentially has 5 years to grow up

example: I was 5'7 until I went to college. Around age 19 I had my final Growth Spurt and now I'm 5'11
>>
What do you do when you're a fatty trying to lose weight and you, late at night, feel hungry?
>>
File: 1468442568181.jpg (237KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1468442568181.jpg
237KB, 900x1200px
>>39549820
Do chinups really work the lats as much as pullups? Yates says there no point to pullups but roids make me skeptical.
>>
>>39549300
>>39549324
Great, what about for running? I was able to run 5k without stopping after a week of doing intervals, is this the fastest way?
>>
>>39550250
Water or veggies.
Eat 100 carrots raw.
>>
File: black-oxford-large1.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
black-oxford-large1.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
If the perfect lifting shoes are hard flat soled ones with around an inch a heel, shouldn't it theoretically be possible and good to lift on leather soled dress shoes?
>>
I started working out a week ago. I know I'll eventually feel good about having put the time and work in. But right now, there's this constant barrage of thoughts telling me I suck, I'll never stick with it, and so on.

I can't force time to move forward faster so I can have been working out longer. I have to wait for it. But in the meantime, how do I stop feeling like a joke for being at the place I'm at right now?
>>
>>39550889
who the hell said a inch heel
>>
>>39550889
I really don't remember where I read that. If not, how much of a heel should a lifting shoe have?
>>
File: GSLP1.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
GSLP1.png
37KB, 700x600px
I'm doing pic related, but I am having a hard time progressing on my lifts. I'm 5'9" 145lbs and eating enough protein and going at least 400cal over my tdee/day. Also, how do I prevent my back from rounding when I do pendlay rows? I try to brace my core, etc. but I can't seem to go heavy enough to "feel it" in my lats without my back rounding as well.
>>
>>39550928

You don't. Keep going. Some days will suck. Keep going. You will get better as long as you keep going and keep trying.
>>
I'm closing in on the end of couch-to-5k and I love running. I know lifting is better if you want to get shredded, but I just love to run and I want to improve how far and how fast I can run.

So what's a good program to follow couch to 5k?
>>
>>39550987
Look up Hal Higdon
>>
>>39550951
I made this mistake as well. If you want to feel it in your lats don't go heavier go lighter. But instead of immediately bringing the weight down hold it for 3-5 seconds and then slowly bring it down. I do this for my rowing and my pulldowns and I really feel it in my lats now.
>>
>>39550928
As with developing any new habit you have to force yourself no matter what. After a few weeks it'll become routine
>>
>>39550951
pause/squeeze at the top
if your back is rounding lower the weight
>>
>>39550267
Chin ups have about the same lat activation as pull ups when you look at EMG
>>
>>39551136
EMG is only a moderately reliable tech
>>
>>39551176
Ofc that's why I mentioned it. But as far as I know it's the best we've got right now
>>
>>39551196
yeah it's the best thing short of biopsy lmao
>>
I'm finally ready to lift after eight months of rest and therapy thanks to a drunk driver. My gains have all atrophied away so I'm not sure where to start with a program. Thinking about just doing SL 5x5. What do you think?
>>
>>39551360

I'd do a beginner program like SS or GSLP. I injured myself and had to take some time off, but it only took about half as long to regain my strength as it did to gain it the first time. You might have similar results.
>>
>>39548462
What is the best way to preserve/slow the loss of my gains while training for a marathon?

I'm going to start training again in August of next year (around the time I hit 200lbs)
>>
I have some pain in my upper back, in the middle. In between my shoulder blades. I had this pain after working my Pull day yesterday, and I think doing OHP today made it worse.

What have I done?
>>
>>39550192
manlet
>>
File: A3lIV6n.jpg (96KB, 648x984px) Image search: [Google]
A3lIV6n.jpg
96KB, 648x984px
For cardio rest days, do you jog on a treadmill? If so, I suck at jogging/running, what should I focus on for form?
>>
Any one got any good programs/workouts for ohp.
>inb4 press
>>
>>39551649
Treadmills are better than running on concrete.

Make sure you have some incline on the treadmill. Just try to run at a speed that isn't too intense, work your way up to it. maybe around 5mph (5 setting on the treadmill) and just do that. if you can run at a decently high speed and also hold a conversation without huffing and puffing then you're at a good spot.
>>
>>39549235
>>39549273
>>39549342
Top kek, don't porezati yourselves with that oštrica.

>Kazakh..ish
>drive over sandniggers
>The Kazakhs are the descendants of Turkic, Mongolic and Indo-Iranian indigenous groups and Huns that populated the territory between Siberia and the Black Sea.
start with yourself, mate.

>>39549398
Hip thrust are goat if you can do them properly, most people engage their hamstrings more than their glutes and SLDL are better for that.

>>39549635
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/

>>39550003
Depends, I was 6'2'' at 15 and never grew an inch after that, some guys don't reach their full height as late as 22.

>>39550250
Lean protein and fibrous veggies, plus a very small amount of olive oil.

>>39551649
Treadmills suck for your joints if you're a fatty, just bike. If you're not fat: focus on proper foot strike, tucking your hips and keeping chest up.
>>
>>39551858
>>39551863

just a bit fat, 205lb, 6foot. i just never enjoyed running and have been doing 3.5mph for 30 minutes, but it's getting easy, so i'll work my way up to 5.
>>
>>39551944
What's your bf%?

Try the step machines and bike machines too. See what you like best and talk to the attendants for advice too
>>
I'm looking for suggestions on my last meal of the day

Currently my diet is
Morning workout with milk a banana and sometimes some almonds

Then post workout is 3 eggs and protein cereal

On the way to work I have a 1000 cal shake

I bring two bowls of chicken and rice to work
Each wth one breast

But I'm not sure how I should fill my last meal of the day
I don't want chicken again, I've been eating ham and beans (and or eggs) usually but ham isn't that great neutrient wise

Any suggestions?
I would like it to be kinda enjoyable after eating chicken through the day
>>
>>39552090
Also carbs at night seems like a bad idea although I do morning workouts so getting food in me and actually broken down for fuel is kinda hard
>>
What do when you're unable to do dips/chin ups for SS? Total beginner, skinnyfat/fat here,
>>
>>39549461
Problem is that you have nothing to cut too right now. If you want anything resembling the picture you posted you'll need to get some muscle first. Unfortunately getting muscle also requires getting some fat. If you only eat a 500 calorie surplus that will gain you a pound a week with minimal fat. Do that and starting strength. Don't actually do GOMAD. That's really just for getting fat.
>>
>>39548887
I like doing dumbbell chest flys at a slight incline with a pronated grip
>>
I wear Converse All-Stars in the gym and out. Will they fuck up your feet after a while or is all the stuff about arch support a meme?
>>
How is GSLP(with arms plugin) in terms of hypertrophy or aesthetics?
Should i switch to all pros or a PPL?
>>
>>39548462
can low fat diets make you really hungry?

my diet is literally: protein shake with skim milk, instant oatmeal, turkey or roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread with a slice of cheese, a few pieces of fruit and a granola bar or two for snacks, and 6-8 oz of chicken breast plus greens for dinner.

im eating 1500-1700 calories a day on a cut but i feel like im fucking starving all the time. it was easier eating 1500 calories a day of pure junk food.
>>
If you mix your creatine, preworkout, or BCAA's into water and don't consume it quickly does it deteriorate?

Seems like absolute nonsense but a friend of mine who's usually pretty knowledgeable was fairly convinced. The other day I had preworkout that had been sitting in my fridge overnight and it both tasted worse and didn't seem to do much.

Broscience or real science?
>>
1 - How do you flavor your vegetables? I'm doing bulk frozen vegies, boiled and whilst I can down them, they're bland

2 - Do I have any chance of getting rid of my loose skin? 28, dropped 120lbs in 2 years, still cutting but the skin is loose and is like a sheet almost. I'm keeping well hydrated

3 - Is running a 6-day PPL, while doing 28km's of running (10km, 7, 7, 4,) a week at 1000kcal too much? How would I know?
>>
What's a good leg day if I don't have access to a barbell?
>>
>>39552650
Google half life of the substance you are consuming.
>>
>>39552572
Drink more water, it helps. Sometimes that is all I can do as I cry to myself until my next allowed meal/snack time.

My question is how much is too hard of a cut? If I intake 1 gram protein per lb of bodyweight daily, how much damage is done cutting 3 lbs a week?
>>
>>39552650

Creatine degrades to creatinine in solution. A lot of other things in pre workouts do also. BCAAs are fine.
>>
>>39552880
Theanine, Citrulline Malate, Caffeine, Taurine, L Tyrosine?
>>
>>39552732
just put some sauce on em idk

you can fill it out with muscle and stuff to a point. it also shrinks over time but if theres a shit load you need surgery which is worth it if theres a lot

i run a 6 day split and its draining without cardio eating 3300+ calories a day
>>
>>39552898
cheers, it's noticeable lying down/bending over but not that bad.. may be able to fill it out.
>>
>>39552990
yeah where did you start/where are you now and how tall
>>
>>39548462
Is BMI bullshit for men?

I've always been considered "overweight" or nearly overweight according to BMI, but I never looked fat or anything. I have always had pretty large muscular thighs even when I wasn't working out, and when I wrestled in highschool the coaches always told everyone that BMI is bullshit because guys genetically have different amounts of muscle on them to begin with, plus lifting skews it further.

I'm currently 5"8 weigh 153 and I look kind of skinny, at one point this year I weighed 145 and a lot of my friends were saying I looked like a twig and one of them was asking if I was anorexic or something (I fucked up doing a workout routine)

This question is just out of curiosity
>>
>>39553008
i'm 5'7 180 with around 16% bf so thats a bmi of like 28.5 so yeah its bull dont worry about it
>>
>>39552383
No. Flat shoes are the absolute best for lifting. Especially deadlift.
>>
>>39548462
I have degenrative disk got mri couple days ago squatting and dls hurt my lumbar back willl I ever recover enough to even attempt to workout and or do squats ever again...
>>
>>39552317

Use the assisted dip/pull-up station.
>>
>>39553022
thanks for the responde senpai

I've always wondered because for women who don't lift BMI seems to accurately shows if they are fat or not like 99% of the time but for men two guys who don't work out and have the same BMI can look way different
>>
File: pepe71.png (11KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
pepe71.png
11KB, 411x387px
people say that it's impossible to gain muscle while on a deficit, so why is lifting supposedly good for recovering fatties? does it help preserver muscles mass? or is it only because it burns calories and is easier on the joints? (compared to jogging)
>>
>>39553124
yeah bmi is worthless unless you sit on your ass all day
>>
>>39551577
That is mid/lower trap doms
>>
Am I arching my back too much on the deadlift? How do I fix this?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HMJwEP1nvg
>>
>>39553139
>>39553124
>>39553022
>>39553008
There's nothing wrong with BMI, but it is not designed for individuals. BMI is, and always has been, for studying populations.
>>
>>39548462
Is there an app where I can input ingredients for the meal I'm making to get the total nutrients?
>>
>>39553137
fat beginners can add a little bit, and it preserves the mass you already have. the bottom line is that the fatty who lifts while cutting will be significantly stronger and more muscular than the one who doesn't. a bonus is that muscle mass burns calories so having more of it makes cutting easier.
>>
>>39552801
>Substances "disappear" while mixed in water

Are you retarded?
>>
>>39548462

Looking to get some kick/boxing equipment in my shitty ass apartment, but can't decide between the two pic relateds.

I want a multi-purpose bag/dummy that I can use mostly for accuracy and moderate cardio. I ruled out a full heavy bag because my apartment doesn't have room to let it swing, and I'm not specifically looking for power. I do go to a gym with boxing equipment that I have access to for other kinds of work.

Option A is the classic BOB. It's easier to move around, and provides a clearly defined shape for defensive drills and accuracy training. The wobble from striking is enough to make head movement semi-realistic. Downside is it's free-standing and can't take kicks full force.

Option B is Aquabag's new torso looking thing. It's much, much heavier for resistance (roughly 160lbs), but would also require me to get a heavy bag stand, which seems harder to fit in here. Also, their conventional bags get crazy good reviews, and the contoured shape seems like it would only improve it.

Help me decide, /fit/?
>>
>>39553210
myfitnesspal does that.
>>
>>39553162
almost looks like it. I used to overextend a little bit as well, but it was impossible to hold that position when the weights got heavy so it felt like my back was always rounding a little. I fixed it by assuming a neutral position and bracing hard. I'm not 100% confident you're overextending, though.
>>
>>39553242

I read through this entire post before I realized that wasn't a giant buttplug.
>>
File: 1480213029696.jpg (130KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1480213029696.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
I'd guess doing cardio in lifting shoes is a horrible idea.

Do I just have to bring two sets of shoes then if I want to do 10-20 mins of cardio after my lifts? Seems like a pain in the ass to change shoes before hopping on the treadmill.
>>
When do people usually stop cutting? Went from 180 to 160 but I've been at it for 3 months, I still feel like I'm hella fucking fat.
>>
>>39553181
>>39553139
that makes sense, thanks guis
>>
>>39553315
it's time to start lifting and bulking. it's pointless to reach low bf% when you don't have muscle mass. you'll look skinny and weird, and your body doesn't like being really skinny so it will want to replenish your fat stores when you start bulking. keep in mind that "bulking" as a beginner doesn't mean you should massively increase your bf%. with a good diet your bf% stays the same while your BW increases.
>>
>>39553370

Hey not that guy but I gained weight recently but don't seem any fatter, in fact I actually feel real good and more fit than before.

Is that what you're talking about?
>>
>>39553379
if you gained weight while lifting weights then you should feel better and more fit, yes. there's a big difference between gaining weight while eating cheetos and watching TV and gaining weight while lifting and eating quality food.
>>
File: sam8btakCW.png (498KB, 422x610px) Image search: [Google]
sam8btakCW.png
498KB, 422x610px
How can I lose my love handles without cutting down to auschwitz mode?
>>
>>39553418
cut down to ~11-15% bf and lift. do lat and upper back work to broaden your shoulders and decrease the differential as well.
>>
>>39553418
Love handles are often the last place to go among men. So yeah, either have different genetics, maintain really low bf or go for lipo.
>>
>>39553433
>broaden your shoulders
I have 22" shoulders, I don't want them to be more broad. If anything I wish they were more narrow.
>>39553437
I'll try to cut to 150lbs or something
>>
>>39553446
it doesnt actually broaden your shoulders in that sense. its just an illusion. if your love handles blend seamlessly into lats instead of having a clear fat roll, it gives the illusion of you being muscular and bear mode, not fat.
>>
I placed my wife on a keto diet. Its been 4 weeks and she has been losing weight steadily 7kg to date. I tested her blood ketone level today and she returned 0.1mmol/L, outside of nutritional ketosis. Would anyone be able to guess why her circulating ketones were so low??
>>
File: 20161129_225055.jpg (3MB, 2453x2597px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_225055.jpg
3MB, 2453x2597px
Last week I experienced a pain in my forearm while doing static holds, pic related. The pain only appears if I strain hard with heavy weight or my grip starts failing, I can hold light weight for a while without any problems. I can poke and prod that area there's no pain, the pain only occurs with static holds, I can even do deadlifts without pain.

I've been doing static holds for 6 months without problems. I tried static holds again today and same issue.

Anyone know what this is and how to solve it?
>>
>>39552996
6'3 360 now 220 around 20%bf
>>
>>39553470
>4 weeks
>7kg lost
>2000kcal deficit
>tested her blood ketones
are you sure you're talking about your wife and not some woman you kidnapped off the streets to vindicate keto diets?
>>
I masturbate multiple times every day and now I can't get properly hard with women.

How long do I have to abstain to be normal again, and what else can I take to help?
>>
>>39553522
huh? Is this a fit joke I'm not aware of? I usually inhabit sci and sp, so I'm not used to the humour here. My wife (I can assure she's my wife) is 164 cm, was 103.6 kilograms on october 31st, and is currently 96.9 kilograms as of november 28. Her deficit was meant to be 400 kcal a day, but because the fat has a satiating effect she has difficulty eating to the caloric limit ive set and she is more likely to eat at a 600 kcal deficit. I'm aware that she's losing weight faster than her diet should allow, I have her doing an hour of stationary bike exercise a day (she isnt terribly compliant) and I assume thats where the extra calories are going. Blood ketone meters are only $40 and testing them is easy.
I a,m not a big believer in keto, she complained that she thinks carbs are the problem so we tried the most researched low carb diets; i.e., keto.
I suppose I could kidnap a woman off the streets to vindicate keto diets, but that would be very inefficient seeing as I have an easily available obese woman living right in my very house that I can try it on.
>>
>>39553538
Zinc about 20mg.
Fap once or twice a week. No porn ever again.
>>
>>39553564
Even if she eats -600kcal, I doubt she burns -1200kcal in an hour on the stationary. Even with all that extra fat weighing her down it should not be more than -800kcal per hour.

For future reference, the human body can metabolize about 65-75kcal of energy per kilogram of bodyfat per day.
>http://baye.com/calculating-the-daily-calorie-deficit-for-maximum-fat-loss/

The main pitfall with keto diets are the long term effects, glycogen depletion will fucking kill your mood and ability to work out over more than a month or so. Chances are she is cheating and will do it even more if you keep it for much longer.
>>
What are some low-calorie and high protein vegetables I can buy canned or frozen besides beans ?
>>
Sharp pain in lower back, after deadlifts did I give myself a hernia?
>>
>>39553538
take two weeks off, let your dick heal.

After that, try to limit fapping to once a day maximum, try to keep it to 5 days a week if possible. If you're planning on doing anything social leave it to the end of the day before bed.

Ignore >>39553595 "no porn" is a meme. Porn is perfectly healthy. Just don't do it more than once a day.
>>
>>39553706
>>39553538

Porn is about as unhealthy and unnatural as you can get anon and so is masturbation. Actually try going a few weeks without succumbing to your animal instincts and you'll find yourself a better man.
>>
>>39553706
Porn isn't healthy at all retard.
>>
>>39553638
>vegetables
>high protein
You're gonna have a rough time friendo.
>>
>>39553707
Porn isn't healthy but masturbation is. Just in moderation.
>>
>>39553707
>>39553710
>le no fap makes you a better person
There's literally nothing wrong with porn you mormons. Just like violent movies or video games, you separate reality from it. Do that and it's fine.

If you obsess with it of course you're gonna be fucked up, but that goes without saying.
>>
>>39553595
>>39553706
>>39553707
Thank you for the help
>>
>>39553614
but why the low ketone score?
>>
>>39553716
Fapping is perfectly fine. Porn isn't healthy, but can be used in moderation. However you shouldn't have to use porn to get off, that's when its a problem.
>>
>>39553742
>However you shouldn't have to use porn to get off, that's when its a problem.
Eh...I guess. I always find it easier to get off with porn than without it. Visual aid is always nice.

But yeah if you can't even get hard with porn consider a hiatus.
>>
>>39553747
Well of course visual stimulation is better. That's what the problem is.

Personally i have no intention of fucking anyone but if I did I'd cut porn cold turkey.
>>
how the fuck do I eat more

I'm already forcefeeding myself every meal and I want to gag, but it's still not enough. Is there some trick I'm missing? I haven't felt hungry in over a month
>>
>>39553766
First off, weight/height/current intake

My advice would be to space your meals out and eat more calorie-dense food.
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
Switched from brosplit to pic related, really enjoying it.
I want to add some accessories to it, thinking about biceps/triceps, glutes/calves and abs.
Is it even a good idea?
How should I do it, what are the rules? Rest time, rep range?
Is OHP + chinups + triceps + glutes + abs alterating bench + rows + biceps + calves + abs allright?

Goal is 1/2/3/4 + aesthetics
>>
>>39553780
65kg / 170cm / 3100 calories
>>
>>39553782
>>39553780
Might add most of that is brown rice, which should be among the most dense foods there is right?
>>
>>39553785
>>39553782
>3100 calories
Well, first off, it looks like you're eating way too fucking much for your height and weight. Your sedentary TDEE is 1900 calories, and I'm assuming you're lifting 3x a week, which adds a little onto that. Let's say 2100. You should be bulking at no more than 2600 calories per day, 3100 is absolute overkill and a waste of food.

>brown rice is among the most dense foods
You need to relearn what dense means.

Dense food is food that contains a lot of calories in a small serving. A perfect example is nuts: An ounce of cashews contains 170 calories. Conversely, a cup of cooked brown rice contains only around 210, despite being more filling.

>Might add most of that is brown rice
>Most
Are you telling me your diet is a majority of carb-heavy food with low-protein content? That is not a good bulking strategy anon. Are you meeting protein goals of 0.8g/lb of bodyweight? Are you eating enough fat? How is your meat consumption?
>>
>>39553844
About 400g of chicken every day. Which should be enough protein.

And yes, most of my diet is brown rice and chicken with vegetables.
>>
>>39553879
400g of chicken is about 80-ish grams of protein, and while a lot, that's not enough protein for the day. You're still missing about 35 grams.

Brown rice has very little nutritional content and it (along with other rice and foods like pasta) should not be a massive part of your diet.

I would recommend getting a better variety of food so you won't get sick of it in a week and limit your intake of carbs. I can't imagine 2000 calories of brown rice is tasty nor fun to eat.

Volume plays a part in this too. The smaller the literal size of your food, the less space it takes up in your stomach.
>>
>>39553911
Milk and oats along with the small but existing protein in rice does bring me to about 120.

What kind of varieties would you suggest? The reason I'm currently eating thrice a day is because it disruptive to have to go and cook several times a day
>>
>>39553944
>because it disruptive to have to go and cook several times a day
I knew something was up. You need to cook multiple portions and refrigerate that shit. It's one of the biggest mistakes people make who don't cook often. Make 4-5 chicken breasts and have them ready for whenever, not just 1 for the meal you're going to eat. If you're making a hard boiled egg every day, hard boil a dozen and eat them over the course of a week.

For variety, I recommend nuts, veggies, cheese, olive oil, milk, multiple types of meat, and recipes that fit your macros. Not every meal has to be rice chicken and veggies, you can have some less "healthy" ones like chili or stuff with cheese that adds just a little bit onto the calorie count.

Secondly, I'd recommend eating 4-5 times a day instead of just 3 so you don't get stuffed one meal.
>>
>>39553967
How long does chicken last in a fridge?

This is gonna sound like a retard question but is it best eaten cold or microwaved, or heated some other way? What's the best way to retain flavor?
>>
could someone explain this to me:

i posted this photo:

>>39542299

on the ctb thread and someone said i've fallen for the ss meme? what do they mean?
>>
>>39548462
How do you minimize gains loss during the summer holidays?

And by summer holidays I mean days involving plenty of drinking and hardly any access to gym

Would a plain push/pull variant of bodyweight exercises suffice or should you just give up training during the holidays and continue as normal when you get back?
>>
>>39553996
Take it as a rest period for your body. If you're gonna be actively drinking and shit it's better to just let your muscles relax instead of forcing exercise with shit recovery.
>>
>>39553984
Cooked chicken can last about a week in the fridge, maybe a little longer. As for "the best way to eat it" it's all preference. Best way to retain flavor is to wrap it in aluminium foil to retain moisture and juices.

>>39553986
You're fat, that's why. You've accumulated more bodyfat than you have muscle. Chrissakes, your pecs are halfway to boobs. Regardless of your strength, your body looks like shit.
>>
>>39548462
When you are cutting, what should your routine look like?

I have read somewhere that you should do as little volume as possible - but does that mean that you should ditch isolation exercises?

And for the general exercises, should you try to lift the same weight for the same reps each and every workout when cutting (and essentially "lose" as few reps/weight as possible)?
>>
>>39554003
By best way to retain flavor I meant more specifically best way to reheat without making it dry and flavorless which often happens with microwaving in my experience
>>
>>39554012
Don't overheat it initially and don't overcook it initially ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>39554003
>Regardless of your strength, your body looks like shit.
yeah but why assume its because of a routine, im just fat because of life, i started lifting a couple of months ago on a cut
>>
>>39554019
"The SS meme" is someone who focuses on bulking too hard and ends up getting fat without working out enough.

SS itself isn't a meme. And I would advise against posting pictures in the CBT if you're not there to show off.
>>
>>39553732
Again:
>Chances are she is cheating.
>>
>>39554022
seems legit, its obvious from the pic that i have never worked out in my life and that im just fat
>>
Anyone ever think about starting a gym/studio?

Could I do okay in a small 1000sq foot space with a basic squat rack, barbells, bench, maybe 2 treadmills, a nautilus machine, and maybe have the 500sq foot basement be dedicated to boxing equipment (heavy bag, uppercut bag, boxing ring, speedbag, slip bag)
>>
Is there any truth that you can only take in so much protein at once? So having your daily amount in one meal is pointless as only a certain amount will be used?
>>
>3rd week on SS
>almost every time i do deadlifts
>the first rep is really hard to pull off the ground, feels like i can't do it and my back could snap at any moment; if i force myself to do it, the bar comes up with a little trouble but just fine
>the other reps are easy, even the last one (and no, i don't bounce it off the ground between reps)
>a little sore the day after, little bit of discomfort (not pain) in my back when running, jumping or coughing hard, but nothing else
is this normal?
>>
Hey guys

I have a short trunk due to poor posture and years of squat done in my teens but long legs.
Never stretched my back but if I do can I make my trunk longer??
>>
>>39554401
No. While the body can only absorb protein at a sustained rate of about 5-15g/h, it can store any excess you eat in the linings of your gut, in your blood and in the liver until it can be processed.

However there is truth in the fact that you can only absorb about 60-180g of protein per day. Any more than that is wasted and will only serve to make your farts and shit smell atrocious. You can disregard this if your on steroids. Eating more protein than the absorbable amount, however, will result in a increased utilization of already absorbed protein for muscle building - since the body thinks that your drowning in protein pussy, but the effect is very minor.
>>
>>39554405
Deadlifts are a bit weird in my experience. You won't ascend until you get confident in your form and can put full attention to force. Have someone look at your form when you do the backsnap deadlifts or film it yourself. If it looks like shit your form is shit and need to be worked on. If everything looks fine then you're fine.
>>
>>39554411
>can I make my trunk longer??
trunk jelquing. lots of it.
>>
>>39554411
>grow, grow, grow
>>
>>39548462

>situps, pull ups, push ups, running, and cutting
this is all there ever was /fit/ im not here for lifts, just the aesthetics.
>>
>>39554523
k... keep me posted
>>
>>39548462
when i do leg raises lying on my back i can't raise my legs above ~70degrees without crushing my nuts

is 70 good enough?
>>
>>39554582
No, you're doing something wrong unless you have testicular cancer
>>
When measuring my shoulder to waist ratio or whatever, do I measure circumference or width?
>>
File: 61YujfGsMpL._SL1500_.jpg (100KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
61YujfGsMpL._SL1500_.jpg
100KB, 1500x1500px
I've managed to free up a good deal of space in my flat and have decided to fill it with some gym stuff, upgrading from "Ye olde set of dumbells" to something more substantial.

I have no idea really what to get and quick advice I've garnered so far is "Bench, Barbell and a Power cage.", any suggestions when it comes to power cage? I'm not looking to spend a fortune but obviously I'm happy to pay for good quality equiptment.

For a power cage, would something like pic related suit just fine?
What kind of Barbell should I be getting? 7ft is the "standard" people here look at right?
What kind of bench should I be looking at, it seems they vary from plain bench to all the whistles and bells.
I'm a bit DYEL, already have about 70kg in various sized 1-inch iron plates, so will grabbing a pair of 20kg and a barbell be sufficent until I need more than 1pl8 lmao.
>>
>>39554800
honestly, if you're ridiculously dyel, get a non-oly bar for cheap as fuck because the weights can be bought second hand for almost nothing
>>
I noticed that my arms tire quicker than my chest and back when I'm doing bench and rows.
This means I have weak arms, right?
Would it be enough / a good idea to do push-ups and pull-ups every day to develop overall arm strength?
I already go to the gym 3x a week (for 2 months already)
>>
>>39554842
Do your arms just feel tired in general or specifically triceps/biceps on bench/row?
>>
>>39554863
I'm not sure how to describe it, but in general, I guess.
I tried doing many reps of lat pulldowns today, and while my back hardly felt anything, my arms were aching pretty good
>>
>>39554840
I'm pretty DYEL but I can handle a 25kg bar and a pair of 10s even if 1pl8 turns out to be too much for me. Is there much difference between Oly and Non-Oly bars?

Good idea about the plates second hand, I know to always buy saftey shit new so you know it's not been damaged or assembled poorly but plates and plates.
>>
Anyone else need to take a shit like 5-10 minutes after warming up? If so, how do I stop this.
>>
>>39554910
>Is there much difference between Oly and Non-Oly bars?
oly bars are thicker and 20kg
non oly are thinner and around 8kg

the weights are not compatible with each other
a 20kg plate for an oly bar will cost more than a 20kg plate for a non oly bar
>>
I hurt my back doing diddlies yesterday. It's most likely that I catbacked a little, and that the pain is in a muscle. How long should I expect to wait before I do deads again?
>>
>>39554932
Wait so are Oly bars not 1-inch?
>>
>>39554901
2 months you said? I am not entirely sure but it's probably your arms haven't adapted to handling heavy loads. If you're not overweight, try doing planks with straight arms to see if they give out first too. I don't think doing pushups and pullups every day will help but some additional arm work wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Again I'm not sure.
>>
File: olympic-and-standard-bar.jpg (35KB, 300x207px) Image search: [Google]
olympic-and-standard-bar.jpg
35KB, 300x207px
>>39554951
Standard one inch compared to olympic.
>>
>>39548462
Is the guy in the OP picture
>normal
>fat
>other
?
>>
>>39548462
Is rice weighed cooked or uncooked?

Same for couscous, which I've not yet eaten but I'm also curious about it.
>>
>>39554966
Oh, thank you.

So 1-inch plates will not be usable with an olympic bar then.
>>
>>39554972
Should say which on your package but in general you wanna measure uncooked because it's significantly more accurate.

However you'll notice that weight loss and health sites will always use the cooked measurements because it looks like less calories.
>>
>>39554968
He looks normal to me.
>>
>>39553781
Accessories are a good idea
I keep the rep range 3x10-15
Rest time unimportant
Kill it breh
>>
>>39554988
Thanks.
>>
Would it matter if I went to the gym, did main lifts, went back to work/colledge and only then did accesories at home?
I have limited time at the gym, but still want to make those bi/tri/ab gains
>>
>>39555035
No that's absolutely fine. It isn't often done in programs as it is awkward for most people and it doesn't carry much inherent benefit to people unlike yourself, so it's never Incorporated into any lrograms, so it's never seen or discussed so I understand why you asked.
>>
>>39555057
Thanks anon
>>
>>39554982
no

if you have non oly plates you will have to re-buy shit if you buy an oly barbell, and they cost more
also the market for non oly plates is WAY bigger because middle aged dyels give up and sell their shit for next to nothing
>>
File: 1480001667839.jpg (47KB, 720x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480001667839.jpg
47KB, 720x500px
I'm struggling with getting my core activated on deadlifts, and squats too but not as much. I think I have problems keeping the tensed feeling at the bottom position of the squat, and for deadlifts since I start half squatted I have issues tensing up to begin with. Best I can do is the deep breath and hold but I should be able to contract harder. I've been doing a core drill for over a month with the goal of fixing this. I have improved my ability to contract and activate core standing but I cant seem to do it when bent at the hips or squatted.

What do?
>>
>tfw you've opened your eyes to the world and now know nobody knows shit

Seriously m8's when did this happen to you?

For me it was when I tore a tendon in my arm, and the MRI results came back negative. Then I decided to look at them myself, and saw the tear.

LUL
>>
Can I while bulking have a reverse cheat day, where I eat what I want and only when I'm hungry instead of eating high calorie foods every few hours?
>>
Will airport security give me shit if I bring a week's worth of creatine in a baggy?
>>
I do 6x12 of weighted pull ups, OHP, leg raises, bench press, rows, and bicep curls. I do this 3 days a week with one leg day in between. Is this an okay routine?
>>
Is ostarine legit or to good to be true?
>>
File: whyho.jpg (46KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
whyho.jpg
46KB, 500x333px
>>39555442
>6x12 of weighted pull ups
>>
A question about the 45 degree decline crunches in the wiki. Are you supposed to start from the top, let down to parallel, wait 5s and go up, or go fully down aftrr the hold
>>
>>39555442
Just fuk my shit up senpai
>>
been lifting for 3 months, did a small bulk went from 5'10 160lbs to 166 lbs.

my lifts are
bench 140 lbs
Deadlift 170 lbs
squat. 200 lbs

should I keep bulking or can I go on cut now?
>>
My PPL routine has me alternating between deadlift and barbell row on my pull days. So I deadlift once a week and barbell row once a week.

is it better to just deadlift twice or are barbell rows that important? And will I be recovered enough to deadlift twice?
>>
I fucked up my back a couple months ago deadlifting and have deloaded to work on form but during my deload I hurt my back even more, I'm not really sure what's wrong with my form as I've asked some of the big dudes in the gym to check it and they say it's fine. Can you guys help me out.

https://youtu.be/OM3lGwivygo

I noticed my back is rounded in the beginning but i straighten it before i actually lift the weight so idk if that is it or not
>>
>>39555675
Deadlifting one session and rowing the next is better than deadlifting twice I'd say, deadlifting twice a week is hard if you're really going at them
>>
>>39555708
Don't deadlift in sneakers

Your lower back looks constantly somewhat rounded btu might be perspective

Im not a fan of how casual you look when setting up, repeatedly bouncing your hips up and down. Also seems like you might be letting your hips shoot up a bit. Consider reading the Deadlift section of Starting Strength regardless of whether you're on the routine or not.

Next time try and film from the side, not from below.
>>
Should I shave my chest hair off? Will it make my gains more noticeable? Currently I have a bear skin rug taped to my chest.
>>
I want to bulk until February then cut until Summer, I'm 70kg and 6'2''.

At what weight should I stop cutting, or should I just keep going?
>>
>>39555856
Honestly don't go above 80 kg. I think I was 89 at one point, and I'm 6'. It wasn't that hard to lose, but I ended up getting stretch marks when I did squats and lost a decent amount of strength when I shed that fat. Slow and steady beats everything. Aim for no more than 1 kg of mass gain per month.
>>
Anyone have any experience going to the gym while on ritalin? Any difference?
>>
I can't go to the gym for now since I have full time job and full time school, so I bought some dumbells and started working out, my only worry is that my chest isn't going to be up to par with my arms, is there any exercise I can do for chest while at home? Curlbro aesthetics aren't my thing.
>>
>>39555880
Yes. It can kind of suck and may be medically inadvisable. Why do you take it? Do you have regular checkups? What country? What type of methylphenidate is it? Timed release, instant?
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 617x417px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 617x417px
I'm currently this PPL from leddit, it's 6 days a week, is there anything to remove/add?

Note: On the second day of pull replace Deadlifts with barbell rows

It's kinda exhausting desu especially the push part, like bench press and OHP in one session, is that manageable at higher weights?
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 615x360px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 615x360px
>>39555946
Shit the picture didn't upload properly, let me try again
>>
>>39555926
It helps me focus, all I know its from Sandoz. The Netherlands.
>>
>>39555980
No regular checkups and shit? You should be able to talk to your doctor about potential risks. I'm sorry, I'm not willing to feed into your illicit use of it. If you genuinely believe you have ADHD, go get an evaluation. Otherwise you're only giving yourself a crutch. Be weary of increased blood pressure is all I can tell you. And do your own fucking research before you decide to put foreign substances into your body, even if a doctor prescribes it to you, christ.
>>
>>39555946
I'm doing the same program.

I would recommend adding some DB flyes (or cable flyes) for some more chest work on push day. Also some ab work. I'm doing planks for now. I e also heard about replacing leg press with front squats and am considering that.

I'm not having a problem with bench and OHP on same day. Are you alternating between 4x5 heavy and 3x8-12 lighter?
>>
File: 1444245643945.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1444245643945.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>39556093
I actually did both heavy, fuck. I feel dumb now.

Front squats basically hit the same muscle group as Romanian deadlifts IIRC.

I think i'll start doing planks too.
>>
>>39555866
i'm cutting now at 5'8 and i wasn't that fat at 80kg
>>
Had motorcycle accident this february and came back to check my right knee and its all fine
Decided to talk about how when I squat my right leg isnt symnetrical, instead it retracts to the back a bit, making my left leg being more to the front than the right one, a staggered feet position i think its called
he said its from my really, really tight right hip which due to lack of nobility/flexibility compensates it by staying more behind

what exercises can I do to fix this? im so close to 3pl8 squat and it seems I have to start from 0 aka just the bar and stretch my hip but no idea what exercises
>>
My quads won't stop growing. I don't even do any hypertrophy work for my legs but my butt and quads won't stop growing from heavy squats. I'm starting to enter T-Rex (candito) mode. Is there anything I can do about it or should I kill myself?
>>
>>39556441
What's wrong with it? As long as the rest of your body is growing it's fine.
>>
I'm currently Deadlifting at 110kg but struggle to go up because a back injury from lifts I had a few months ago makes me nervous, should I use a belt or are they too much of a crutch?
>>
File: favatarthelastwing.gif (3MB, 343x400px) Image search: [Google]
favatarthelastwing.gif
3MB, 343x400px
I'm currently 40-50lbs overweight. I'm doing weightlifting and cardio, while eating at a deficit. Should the only macros i concern myself with be protein and calories?
>>
>>39556632
if you're mainly concerned with losing weight just focus on calories.

If you have any lean mass you want to keep then consider tracking protein intake as well
>>
Why don't you count your micros /fit/?
>>
File: image1.jpg (25KB, 470x230px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
25KB, 470x230px
Fatass here. I've been counting calories since the start of October and I feel pretty confident that I have it down decently (down ~14 pounds so far) so I've been thinking about joining pic related. The last time I had a gym membership was 8 or so years ago, when I was just getting in to high school, so I don't know much about getting started at one. Other than paying membership fees and all that, what kinds of things does sign-up usually entail? I want to make sure I'm not getting upsold on crap that I don't need (no PT or Zumba pls).
>>
File: category-orthotic.png (78KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
category-orthotic.png
78KB, 310x310px
I need arch support on my left foot my question is should i wear it on both feet? will it damage my right foot to wear the support if i don't need it?
>>
>>39556696
just ask for a basic membership.unless you want access to amenities (like swimming pool, tanning, or sauna) go for the cheap shit.
>>
>>39556114
question, is the program only 3 days or 6?

about to start this program after this week
>>
>>39556713
it's 6 days. P1P1LRP2P2L or P1P1LP2PLR2 where R is rest.
>>
>>39556713
It's 6 days, I used to do SL 5x5 but since I switched to this my upper buddy is getting daily noob gains, google PPL workout reddit qnd it will be the first link to appear.

Or if you want 3 days a week program you can always do SS/SL
>>
>>39556713
>>39556740
ok I fucked that up, let's try again

6 days. You have really two Pull workouts, and two Push workouts, while legs is the same.

So it's like Pull 1, Push 1, Legs, then rest day, and then Pull 2, Push 2, Legs again
>>
>>39556699
it probably wont hurt, but your muscles may adapt to not having to put in the effort to keep your arch, thus losing the arch

>>39556318
could be an ankle flexibility issue, can't really help you with that little information, maybe draw your position?
>>
>>39556710

Well I already know what the membership is going to cost, since the prices are on their website. I was talking more about the other shit, like I know some gyms have a PT give you a "personal evaluation" and try to set you up on a program when you join. I was just thinking about doing SS and adding in 30 or so minutes on a stationary bike or something since SS seems like a really short routine.
>>
>>39556853
Don't do SS only, do it with accessories, better yet, do PPL.

Also don't fall for the no cardio meme, cardio is essential to lose fat especially if you're cutting, just don't over do it, 20-30 is alright.

Also the PT are all one big retarded meme, chances they don't shit/will teach you a shitty form is high.
>>
>>39556919
don't know shit*

Also if you're new, watch scooby videos, he's pretty good to watch as a beginner, also read ripptoe's books in case you didn't, they literally answer any question you would have.
>>
>>39555155
Very likely your mobility is not sufficient maintain a proper body position at the bottom of the squat and deadlift. When trying to hit squat depth, you are probably compensating for lack of mobility by loosening up, allowing your poor hamstrings and hips to remain at the same stretch at the sacrifice of midsection tension. It's usually manifested in the form of buttwink. The same thing applies to the deadlift. Even though you're not 'squatting' as deep, your centre of gravity is such that maintaining proper body position is difficult without losing core tension.

You may also have issues with form which your body is trying to work around by loosening up.
>>
>>39556919
>>39556945
I'd say scott herman and omar are pretty guud for knowledge as well, like form and shit
>>
>>39556958
yeah Omar has very good form videos. Really helped me with facepulls
>>
Beginner doing SL here. Bench and OHP both started with bar and they both are increasing 2.5lbs a workout. However I see high disparity between people's OHP and BP stats. At how much weight will my OHP stall while my BP progresses?
>>
>>39556764
thanks bud
>>
>>39556919

I'm not familiar with PPL, but I just picked SS since /fit/ has a hard-on for it, and because I need something that I can do 3x/week, since that's all I have time for at the moment. What accessories would you recommend with SS? For reference, I'm a 24m, 5'10", and 273 (was 286 when I started calorie counting at start of October).
>>
>>39556971
It depends on your own strength my man.

For me it stalled for a long time because my gym didn't have any weight plates lighter than 2.5kg and I had to increase the weight 5kg each time, it was a nightmare until I bought weighted wrist bands.

My suggestion is, let's say you're stuck at 30kg, Do 27.5 with higher reps, when you can do 8-12 comfortably, do 5x5 30kg the next session.

Also do your accessories, don't just do SL alone, big delts are essential for good OHP
>>
Mineral water, yes or no?
>>
>>39557036
There's shitload of accessories you could do, it depends on what muscle you want to target, I can help you with this link:

https://musclewiki.org/Main_Page

Just click on the muscle and it will suggest few exercises to do that focuses on said muscle.

But be advised that there are a lot more exercises that are left out of this wiki, I suggest to watch scooby/omar isuf/atheana x on youtube, all three are good and give nice advice.

Also again, if you are doing SS, read mike rippetoe books, but ignore the nutrition part, it's outdated.
>>
>>39557036
You could look into Stronglifts 5x5. It's pretty similar to SS, both are 3 days, but SL has a bit more emphasis on upper body.

In either case it might be a good idea to add in some isolation work. Since both are relatively lower body heavy, you could throw in some curls, triceps extensions or pushdowns, or lat pulldowns.
>>
>>39556949
The buttwink comes and goes, so kinda?
What kind of mobility work should I be doing to fix this?
>>
>>39557074
it's a meme
>>
>>39557113
It will depend slightly on whether you're high or low bar squatting but work on hamstring, glute and hip flexor mobility. I gained my best hamstring mobility by following Kit Laughlin's video on the line hamstring stretch. Front splits help with hip mobility too. This is my personal experience and I don't know if this will solve the problem for me the same as it may for you.

Double check your form also. If your knees aren't forced out during squats that's your first port of call. As for deadlifts, I have this way of using the bar to anchor myself into the starting position which works for me, unfortunately I could never properly describe it via written words.

Finally a weightlifting belt may be of use to you.
>>
>>39557271
Low bar primarily.

Forced out knees in what way? I do make a mental effort to shove them outwards
>>
how many pl8s can i put on one side of the bar while the other one is empty without the bar tipping over?
>>
>>39557289
Not him but check out mehdi SL squat guide, I know it's a noob guide but his problem section helped me quite a lot.

Basically a lot of people don't have enough space between their legs to squat all the way down, when you are going down make sure your knee caps are pointing to the outside, otherwise you won't have enough space to fit your chest down.

this covers literally all you need to know, I did squats wrong for like 5 months and I didn't know it :

https://stronglifts.com/squat/

>>39557295
Why would you wanna do that?
>>
>>39557092
>>39557108

Thanks for the info, lads. Adding in curls would be great if it's not too bad to do those at a time other than during my normal routines, since I have dumbbells and a curl bar at home. I'm excited but really nervous about getting into the lifting side of fitness (I hate being the guy that doesn't know what he's doing). The nutrition part has actually been really easy since I'm pretty habitual. I'm even thinking about starting to meal prep my lunches (ordered a set of 6 bento containers yesterday so now I need to find prepable foods besides CBR).
>>
File: 3.jpg (680KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
680KB, 2560x1600px
Why is pizza always held up as tze ultimate example of junk food?
What's wrong with it other than maybe the high carbs and gluten from the crust?
I could think of far worse common foods off the top of my head, just look at all the sugar in muffins or jelly sandwiches for example.
>>
>>39557295
Depends on the rack I think. Shouldn't be the hardest mechanics do to if you wanna bother calculating it.
>>
>>39557295
>>39557311
because it's faster to put 3 plates on one side and then 3 on the other side rather then one left, one right and so on
i just don't want the bar to go flying
>>
So another anon gave me this picture the other day because we were talking about how to fix buttwink, and he thinks these stretches will help

For the first one: do I have to put my shin up against a wall like that? It hurts like a bitch. I also can't get it straight up like that.
>>
File: 1479050396090.png (643KB, 609x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1479050396090.png
643KB, 609x1363px
>>39557320
This is some good shit from the archive, if you like it save it on your pc before it gets deleted:

>>39514653

also here's a nice meal [ pic related ] if you're cutting.

>>39557330
It's a soceity thing. but pizza is horrible in general, the frozen pizza [ which tends to have much less grease and less carbs than your fresh pizza ] is almost one thousand calories for 30 grams of protein, I can only imagine how much worse a pizza out of Dominos can be.
>>
File: stop muh buttwink.jpg (839KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
stop muh buttwink.jpg
839KB, 2480x3508px
>>39557366
fuck me, I forgot the pic

pic related
>>
>>39557376
Can I do these stretches on off days if I trained abs the day before?
>>
>>39557361
Nigga just do it you lazy fuck, the barbell will fly if you put two pl8's at once 100% guaranteed , maybe if you put 1 plate at one side then two plates at the other it wont fly but it's still pretty dumb.
>>
>>39550951
>>39550951
>>39550951
question with this.

Does 2X5 with bench really actually work? Why not do 5X5 one of the lifts?
>>
What's some optimal abs workout? anything that I can slide in my program?
>>
how bad are farm raised fish? My gf tells me it's practically poison but she's a woman so her opinion doesn't mean much.
>>
>>39557361
I actually had this long reply with the calculations for this but I wound up at literally 11 plates so I'm probably wrong
>>
>>39557374

Saved. Thanks friendo.
>>
File: hip-flexor-guy1.jpg (10KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
hip-flexor-guy1.jpg
10KB, 300x400px
>>39557376
Regarding the shins thing; your ankle might not be used to the angle or doesnt have the mobility. You can place the top of your foot on a chair or something like pic related.

The closer your knee is the easier angle for your ankles but also more awkward to get into position I find.
>>
Quinoa - any good?

Rice and pasta makes me inflated and lazy.
>>
what weightlifting shoes should i get?
>>
>>39557411
2x5 last set is as many you can do so it's 3x5+
>>
How to get rid of protein farts? this shit is embarrassing,I'm constantly having bowel movements

My diet consists of : Brown rice, chicken, eggs, oats, protein powder, vitamin pills and tuna.
>>
>>39557521
Eggs can fuck you up I hear.

Also I've heard that an abundance of protein will give you that. An an abundance seems to be 200g. or 1g/lbs. Dont ask me any questions cause I dont know.
>>
Why do my knees hurt when I third world squat / squat? I feel pressure in my knees and I funny know why. I had a doc x-ray my knee and he said there's no problems and to just take ibuprofen, but I want to cure this
>>
>>39557595
What the fuck is a third world squat? On your toes? Or ATG?
>>
>>39557746
A toddler squat, I use it to train my mobility for squatting regularly. I know it stretches my knee joints, but my knees just feel sore coming out of the hole on both squats when I push up. I'm relatively new to squats, so is this normal?
>>
>>39557803
If you're new to squats then yes absolutely. Some people knees even grow in such a way that they literally cannot third world squat.

It'll go away with time.

I started holding it for 2 minutes at a time then worked it up to five and then 10 at the extreme.

If you're going to damage your knees it's on the way down. Take that slow and just ignore the pain nothing getting damaged.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsmoI2hPP-8

Is this calisthenic routine good enough for a beginner like myself ? Should I add exercices to target all of the muscle groups ? What is the best warm-up routine you could give me ?
>>
How do I man up and actually progress on my OHP. My DYEL ohp of 60lbs is easy, but I can't get 65 lbs for the life of me, I've deloaded already and will have to do it again on 3x5
>>
>>39557874
Get microplates
>>
>>39557914
This is probably the best solution, but I'll feel like a clown bringing those into my gym, so I don't know that I want to do that.
>>
>>39557944
If you don't want to buy fractional plates, buy weighted wrist band.
>>
tldr;
chronic lateral/posterior shoulder pain for 2 years, seen doctor, got mri(revealed nothing), went to pt and it did nothing.

Pain isnt sharp at all, it feel like a dull pressure on the supraspinatus and infraspinatus. Shoulder clicks with certain motions. Doesnt hurt while working out, but in the days after anything involving shoulder motion, the pressure feels increased.

What do?
>>
>>39557944
How is someone trying to improve himself a clown? Maybe you're stalling because you are a little bitch
>>
File: 1464645717462_0.jpg (51KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464645717462_0.jpg
51KB, 515x600px
Alright I've spent the past two years getting fit and slimming down. I've gone from 185lbs to 135 and have been trying to start bulking after questionably starving myself to the point of exhaustion for the past 6 months. I've read the sticky but I have a few basic questions:

>1. Will missing a workout every so often fuck me over?
I typically have to get up for work/class from 6am to 7pm and some evenings are dominated by social engagements or what have you that I can't always make time for working out.

>2. If I end up not eating enough calories or carbs for the day, should I even bother working out?

>3. Are moderate gains even possible without supplements and eating strict diets?

I'm weak and fairly skinny now but can't lift for shit. Help.
>>
>>39557955
>>39558007
Would something like this work? It is much less cumbersome than some fractional plates I would think
>>
File: _20161130_124208.jpg (112KB, 1080x853px) Image search: [Google]
_20161130_124208.jpg
112KB, 1080x853px
>>39558225
Turns out I'm retarded
>>
5'11 male and about 160lbs with a fairly high body fat percentage. I'm just starting on training. Should I lose weight first or start getting strong before cutting?
>>
>>39558337
Mark Rippetoe advises to eat a calorie surplus as a beginner to put on mass regardless of your starting weight
>>
>>39558337
Read Starting strength because it will answer literally any question you might ever have

Get a beginner strength program, Starting strength, stronglifts 5x5, PPL.

Read starting strength because it will answer literally any question you might ever have

Add cardio to the strength program, doesn't matter which, anything that gets your heart beating hard, do it at least for twenty minutes each session.

Read starting strength because it literally will answer any question you might ever have

if you're autistic and still didn't read starting strength at this point, read the sticky at least and get a diet, diet is like 75% of your weight loss.

Focus on proper form, it's the most important thing, get enough sleep.

You can lose weight while gaining muscle, the both don't interfere, matter of fact it's the way fat people did it before you, do you want to be flabby skinny dude or have nice muscles when you remove all that fat?

Also a tip: DO NOT buy any clothes while you lose weight, you're throwing your money into the trash, I literally went from large to small under 4 months, I tried to wear my old clothes and it felt like im wearing my dad's, even the medium shirts are too big for me.

Good luck.
>>
I don't have access to a gym - I've been doing intense sprints 2-3 times a week for a few months now - will these actually increase leg size or will I just get fitter?
>>
I have this weird twitching in my left biceps since a few days and it won't go away.

Anybody here had something similar? What is it and how can i make it stop?
>>
>>39554202
You might not be here anymore but check out Allan Thralls opening a gym video.
It isn't easy at all and you need to either focus in a cliche group or appeal to lowest common denominator.
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
Can I assume I can squat around the same amount of weight that I can leggpress?
>>
>>39559442
absolutely not, you will be able to leg press way more

>>39559249
they will grow you a little bit but nowhere near the results you would get from lifting
>>
File: progressone.jpg (139KB, 1166x587px) Image search: [Google]
progressone.jpg
139KB, 1166x587px
Recovering fat fuck here help me out /fit/
>cut from 250 to 150
>bulked from 150 to 170

so should I bulk another 10 pounds or start another cut?
>>
>>39559849
ok brah here's the hard truth

you will not look good shirtless unless you have loose skin surgery

until then i would focus on getting bigger so you look thicc in clothes
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.