[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how important is sleep when bulking? my understanding is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: 1468954758176.jpg (427KB, 1289x965px) Image search: [Google]
1468954758176.jpg
427KB, 1289x965px
how important is sleep when bulking?

my understanding is that when you're eating above maintenence those extra calories become become muscle and fat, so if you don't sleep enough is muscle regeneration slower and you gain more fat?
>>
>>39545744

if youre eating too little you wont get stronger

if youre eating enough/more than enough you will get stronger

this is not complicated science
>>
>>39545744
do oats really get chopped up in a blender?

I'd have thought even if they get hit by the blades they just get pushed along by it rather than cut.

That's quite surprising to me
>>
>>39546116

I chop my oats in a coffee grinder first. It turns them into a fine powder
>>
>>39545744
Sleep is extremely important for your bodies hormone regulation. Lack of effective sleep increases stress hormones and reduces test, which kills gains
>>
>>39546120
>which kills gains
Besides actually killing you
>>
>>39546117
>snorting oats
Perfect.
>>
>>39545744
>how important is sleep
Very. You're welcome OP.
>>
>>39546131
Which is more important, being swole or being alive?
>>
>>39546036
Yeah I get that, but what I'm wondering is what would happen if somebody was eating a perfect diet and training hard, but got very little sleep? Calories in calories out means they'll still gain weight but I'm wondering how. I'm not doing this myself because I'm not retarded, but I'm curious about what would happen
>>
>>39546116
I put 250g of rolled oats in a blender with 500ml whole milk for 30 seconds which blends it pretty well, then you can add peanut butter or whatever afterwards. It's like a thick shake but you can add more milk
>>
>>39546116
I soak mine in milk overnight, blender shreds them right the fuck up
>>
>>39547483
Peanut butter mixed oatmeal is the most cancerous thing this board has produced.

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>39547514
you're never gonna make it with that attitude

for real though what's wrong with it?
>>
>>39545744
sleep is everything
>>
>>39547569
Could never stand the taste. Never had problems with not eating enough calories (or overeating for that matter).

First time I ate it, it went into the trash, thus into the trash it goes.

It is just an unholy combination, might as well just eat them separately.
>>
>>39545744
>how important is sleep when bulking?
It is quite literally 1/3 of the equation to getting /fit/
>>
>>39546116

I make pancake batter out of oats erryday in my nutribullet.
>>
>>39547689
Completely fucking agree
>>
>>39546279
what's that star mean
>>
>>39547689
I don't like cooked oatmeal with it but as a cold shake I think it's pretty top notch
>>
>>39548367
If he asks money for the answer, you already know the answer.
>>
How important is sleep when cutting?
>>
Does anyone actually know how lack of sleep affects muscle regeneration? Calories in calories out means that excess calories become muscle and fat. Lack of sleep can't change that right? What I'm thinking is that it would mean more of it becomes fat and muscle regeneration is slowed, but I can't find any proper information about this
>>
>>39550074
lack of sleep will leave you tired and fuck up your workouts
fucked up workouts = fucked up gains
>>
>>39550074
>>39549996
>>39545744
I suffer with severe insomnia and my muscles (especially chest) are basically never recovered. My strength has plummeted and my workouts are shit. The same thing happened to a lesser extent when I was bulking. I gained weight but it was just fat.
>>
>>39547460
They will probably gain more fat and less muscle because stress levels and cortisol will be higher.
>>
>>39551082
this is what I was looking for, thanks man

are you making progress but at a slower rate, or is that out of the question for you?
>>
>>39545744
>how important is sleep
You can stop right there, because it doesn't matter if you're bulking or not. Sleep is fundamentally important to any fitness regimen. Right up there with diet and training. If you're not getting enough sleep, you will not make it.
>>
File: 1371792002386.jpg (458KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1371792002386.jpg
458KB, 1000x1600px
>>39545744
Sleep is when your body gets shit done. Gotta give it time to rebuild.
>>
>>39551140
It's a matter of trying to slow down the strength and muscle loss, although it's pretty much outside of my control. I've lost an insane amount of weight.
>>
>>39545744
DON'T FORGET THE BANANA
>>
Very important. But consider this, you can not get enough sleep and still eat above maintenance and make gains. It is impossible to eat below maintenance and get bigger.
>>
>>39548367
He got gilded for his comment! Don't you peruse reddit??
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.