[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artificial sweeteners linked with abdominal obesity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: sweeteners.jpg (60KB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
sweeteners.jpg
60KB, 400x206px
>Chronic Low-Calorie Sweetener Use and Risk of Abdominal Obesity among Older Adults

>Low-calorie sweetener use is independently associated with heavier relative weight, a larger waist, and a higher prevalence and incidence of abdominal obesity suggesting that low-calorie sweetener use may not be an effective means of weight control.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0167241

Well shit. Say goodbye to your artificial sweeteners.
>>
>>39535568
I don't care about the eating habits of fat people.
>>
>>39535568
>Used to guzzle litres of softdrink a day and eat heaps of sweet bullshit like cocopops for breakfast
>switched to diet soda and weetbix with stevia
>have gone from 112kg at about 30%BF to 90kg and 14% in a year

Heh they work for me
>>
>>39535568
It does not say it is the cause of abdominal fat, it just says it might be linked.
>>
File: 1442194985070.jpg (133KB, 426x509px) Image search: [Google]
1442194985070.jpg
133KB, 426x509px
>>39535622

Not even that.

It simply says that most people using it are obese and they continue obese after some years.

The conclusion is that "since most people who use it are obese and continue obese, it might not be an effective way to lose weight".

Basically it has nothing to do with it causing you to gain weight, become obese, or even that it prevents you from losing weight.
All it shows is that obese people will keep eating like obese people even if you change sugar for sweeteners, so other methods for weight loss are necessary.
>>
>>39535647
There have been studies that outright state that it does in fact cause obesity and leads to weight gain.
It has something to do with the body getting flooded with insulin but the lack of sugar and inability to metabolize the stuff fucks up the process and causes strange weight gain or something.
>>
>>39535568
the only thing that study shows is that your are not able to interpret scientific results
>>
>>39535609
>weetbix with stevia
Weetbix only have like a gram of sugar in them to begin with, the fuck is the point of switching it out?
>>
>>39535660
What the fuck are you on

Artificial sweeteners don't at all trigger a hormonal response you moron
>>
>>39535660

Link them then, because all the ones I've read say that artificial sweeteners cause no insulin response or an absolutely tiny insulin response.
>>
Artificial sweeteners are for faggots who want to have their cake and eat it too, sweets are for children
>>
>>39535660

Strange weight gain from what? The quantum vacuum foam of space? The fact of the matter is that no matter how hard someone tries, you can't make fat from nothing, and the people who are getting obese, are simply eating too much.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.