[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cutting w/o losing strength?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

What's good /fit/, been bulking up for quite a while, gonna be cutting from next month on. Been getting pretty swole, but the excess fat's gotta go.
My friends have been having bad experiences with cutting, since they've gone down severely in weights ever since.. Is this normal or is there a way to avoid this?
Pic related. I have no fucking clue on this
>>
>>39530796
I've been dropping weight since August this year, just do it slow with -500kcal per day and watch your macros and your strength won't suffer that much.
>>
>>39530796
BCAAs help big time. Keep lifting while you cut and you'll be okay. You probably won't make any strength gains, but you shouldn't lose much either.

I started the year as a 255lb fatty with a 115lb bench, 135lb squat, 185lb deadlift. I've been cutting all year, biked 100mi/week during the summer, and hitting the gym at least twice a week (5x/week when it's too cold to bike) for 10 months now. Currently sitting at 200lb, 185lb bench 225lb squat 315lb deadlift.

I had some noob gains in there for sure, but it's absolutely possible for you. Don't cut too hard and make fucking sure that you're still lifting just as hard as you were before. Plan out your macros and take your BCAAs, you'll be fine.
>>
>>39530796
Small deficit, yet at the same time eat a lot more protein...i up my intake to atleast 1.5g per lb bw. When i cut i eat almost exclusively eggs, meat and veggies. Before and after gym is the window to eat a little bit of carbs.

You could probably be more efficient with your counting than this but otherwise this has always worked. You will lose a tiny bit of strength but just maintain as hard as possible. Black coffee is a big friend here. Sometimes I cut sets back and ramp the weight up to maintain a top set throughout my cut, just see how it goes and experiment.
>>
File: zomg.gif (438KB, 207x233px) Image search: [Google]
zomg.gif
438KB, 207x233px
>>39530816
First time really dedicating to cutting, I'll give it a shot
>>39530888
Any specific brands or foods to stay away from? We got a shitton of BCAA brands here in Denmark, half of them laced with some kind of anabolic steroids, heard the americans got it better in that aspect, also chekt
>>39530929
Currently getting between 30-50g of protein after every workout. Could be eating more, but it would probably be a waste.

To anyone wondering, I'm working towards becoming a stronger football player (Defensive Lineman) so I don't even know if cutting is necessary. Input is greatly appreciated..
>>
>>39530975
I use musclepharm BCAAs and have had good experiences. Haven't tried anything else so I can't comment much there.

I try to keep my protein/fat/carb calorie intake split at around 40/40/20. Foods are going to vary depending on what you like to eat. I'm vegetarian and eat a boatload of seitan, tofu, eggs, squash, cauliflower, and broccoli. Lots of indian food. I try to keep it so that my only carbs are coming from brown rice, beans, and steel cut oats, with a small amount from the vegetables I eat. Really just make sure your carbs have a high glycemic index. No drinking, no bread, no sugar.
>>
>>39530796
It can be done to some extent, but practically unsustainable. Think about it:
>Hypocaloric state
>Less fuel to train and recover

My suggestion would be to
1. Give it a shot, but be ready to have a contingency plan when it's not working anymore. Which leads me to:
2. Work on something else like your work capacity. Instead of focusing on the weight on the bar, try to close in your rest periods. Or do paused work to improve your technique.

Remember, you are cutting to lose fat. At some point you'll just have to suck it up and stop doing two contradicting things at the same time.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.