[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sumo stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1479413340973.jpg (721KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1479413340973.jpg
721KB, 1600x1066px
Convince me not to start pulling sumo please.

I feel like my hands to legs ratio is fucked up and my glutes are doing the majority of work during conventional diddlys. Slightly narrower sumo feels a lot better, but the thought of doing a meme dl variation haunts me.
>>
>>39526448
>but the thought of doing a meme dl variation haunts me.
Please post a pic. You have to be dyel as shit. Also, /fit/ will tell you that sumo is for pussies, but they're all dyel retards too.
>>
File: artez.jpg (38KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
artez.jpg
38KB, 600x595px
>>39526525
>first reply
obvious dyel
>>
>>39526554
2EZ4RTZ
>>
>>39526448
not posting pic. 185cm/85kg, so pretty dyel. Also, I don't get the correlation between being a skinny fag and hating on sumo.

I don't like it because it seemingly has a lot less potential do develop your body and from a competitive standpoint it's laughable imho - two totally different disciplines.
>>
>>39526525
>>39526600
meant 4(you)
>>
>>39526448
Just do them. I tried so hard to conventional dl, I've been stretching a lot and shit but it was incredibly difficult to not have my form break down even with 1 plate. Then I tried sumo and it was wonderful. Literally took me 3 months to deadlift 4pl8 this way. Form is perfect, back is curving no more.

But yeah, sumo deadlift is like not squatting below parallel - you cut your range of motion. Neverthless there's a chance that you'll find it a lot more comfortable. Better form = much smaller chance of an injury, no lower back pain.
>>
>>39526554
artour pls
>>
>>39526647
I do lmao3pl8 for sets of 5 when doing conventional. What were your numbers before you switched?
>>
>>39526448
It has just occurred to me - can I simply lack the mobility that conventional dl requires? I mean, I already noticed that I can't arch as high when benching as some powerlifters can. And what seems to be my problem is keeping my lower back straight when getting into the starting position.
>>
>>39526600
you're not a skinny fag, you are a skinnyfat fucking degenerate, do real diddlys or be fag
>>
humble bump
>>
>>39526448
Not the OP, I converted to pulling sumo when I was doing 180~ for a top set of 5. I always found the conventional stance was uncomfortable, hamstring, core and mobility work, I could not get into the starting position without rounding my upper back (I could always brace my lower back throughout the movement, but it was still uncomfortable).

Sumo immediately felt natural when I made the conversion. It is more glute dominated than back dominated, and depending on how wide you go, it will reduce the ROM of the movement. Conventional is superior in almost every sense, but if you have exhausted all options and your body will just not fit into position then it makes sense to swap over to Sumo, better that than heading to snapcity.

Make the change and see how you feel. I wouldn't worry too much in the long run in terms of muscles hit, I would love to see what douchebag would tell a sumo DLer that is pulling 5+pl8s that he has a weak back or is a giant pussy.
>>
>>39527156
Important to note 180 is in KG, not LBs.
>>
>>39527156
You can sumo much more frequently than you can conventional
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1680x1050px
>>39526448

The heaviest lifts in history were pulled conventional. Sumo uses more quads, which limit the ultimate potential of the lift.

Ed Coan, who is famous for his Sudo-Sumo style, would still pull conventional as a training method. He saved his sumo to use in the build up for a contest lift.

Finally, it has a higher risk of groin injury.
>>
>>39527156
op here, thanks for posting your experience. I guess I'll give it a try.

>>39527430
>Finally, it has a higher risk of groin injury.
Which one? The sumo?
>>
>>39526600
>not posting pic
That's what i thought
>>
>>39527490

Sumo. The sumo style uses more of your groin muscles due to the spread legs.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.