[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scoliosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 3CurvePosture.jpg (73KB, 526x597px) Image search: [Google]
3CurvePosture.jpg
73KB, 526x597px
Anyone else here develop scoliosis? Skeleton 3 months into lifting for the first time. Been having lower back pain for a while now. Went home for break and to rest back, and on my last day here my pain has been significant and I just now noticed a curvature of my spine I've never seen before. My right hip is seemingly further to the right than it was even just a week ago.
>>
File: 1477435044302.jpg (584KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477435044302.jpg
584KB, 2400x1600px
self-bump
>>
It's all in your head.

You cannot GIVE yourself scoliosis by lifting. Your spine is not some spongy goo that freely moves around in your body.

The only way your lifts could have made that happen is if you're younger than 18 and in that case you shouldn't have been lifting weights in the first place.

Scoliosis is also mostly genetic.
>>
Everyone is born with imbalances. Most often, people have slight deviations of their body, usually based on which side they favor more (right-handed, so right arm might be bigger, etc.). Don't think yourself into something you don't have, and if you're REALLY worried about it, go get an xray.
>>
>>39525361
Seconding this anon. One of my shoulder is higher than the other. I know a fuck ton of people like this. Everyone has its imbalances.
>>
>>39525361
>Don't think yourself into something you don't have
Yes
>>
File: 20161125_151447.jpg (245KB, 880x1250px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_151447.jpg
245KB, 880x1250px
Not op but any way I can make my shoulders more symmetrical?
Not sure if it's caused by scoliosis or just one shoulder being higher. Anyway it's painless and unnoticeable with clothes on so I don't really care about it

>I know my body is shit, started lifting 1 month ago
>>
Is it possible to fix very minor scoliosis with lifting?
>>
>>39524644
Not possible OP, I have the shit for real, if you're really concerned get an xray. Just do proper warm up, like a few chin ups or something before doing back stuff.

>>39525492
I've heard of people managing to drop their Cobb angle by a few degrees with a good routine. I managed to make mine no longer noticeable, I don't know if the angles have changed but friends say they wouldn't be able to tell unless they really look.

>>39525455
Do shrugs or something that way your traps are pulling up your shoulders evenly.
>>
>>39525189
>>You cannot GIVE yourself scoliosis by lifting.
You can though if your form is bad or you have a fall
I honestly started lifting because I have scoliosis
>>
>>39525868
That's functional scoliosis, if you train evenly. If your born with it, its idiopathic
>>
>>39525894
If you train evenly, you can correct it.*
>>
File: 1476242672367.jpg (34KB, 482x515px) Image search: [Google]
1476242672367.jpg
34KB, 482x515px
>>39524644
>tfw 37 degree curve

structural scoliosis (as depicted in your OP) is genetic. you're not causing that by doing some diddlylifts.

functional scoliosis can be caused by imbalances. fixing those imbalances will fix the scoliosis.

your perceived hip height disparity and spinal curvature were likely there the entire time and you just noticed. if you're adamant on it being something new then get an xray and pay more attention to your lifting as you may be causing the imbalance through improper form.
>>
I have scoliosis that wasn't that noticeable before I started lifting, but now there's a huge imbalance in my lower back muscles that's very noticeable. My scoliosis is caused by one of my legs being shorter than the other though. It hasn't made it worse, but it hasn't gotten better. How can I fix an imbalance in the lower to mid back??
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.