[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbass general questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
I'm new and I've read the sticky. I have a few questions though. I'm skinnyfat 5'8" and 165 lbs, I'm bulking and probably going to do SS. I'm currently set for 2,380 calories with 208 grams of protein. That seems like a ridiculous amount though. Did I calculate that right?

I mainly wanted to ask if dumbells are okay for these starter programs? Also how frequently should I be increasing the weight that I'm lifting? Is it okay to run along with this plan if I'm trying to put on muscle mass? I did ss before but didn't see many results besides getting stronger.
>>
>165 pounds
>208 g proton
The absolute most you would need would be 165 g, and even that's likely more than necessary.
>>
>>39524468
ok. I also readjusted my calories to 2677.
>>
How do achieve soldier 76 mode?
>>
>>39524289

Anyone have success with a low carb zero sugar protein powder that contains enzymes and fibre?

Don't care about cost if it is good, just want to up my amino acids without having to cook some meat in the morning.

Any personal favourite suggestions would be appreciated. Mainly no/low carb and zero sugar (I'm a sugar addict)/
>>
Is SS good for aesthetic or is it meant to create a strength foundation from which you can move to a different program?
>>
>>39525431
the latter.
>>
>>39524289

If anything, 2400 calories might be too few. >>39525112 this is better. Don't listen to this retard >>39524468 you don't have to worry about "too much" protein.

>I mainly wanted to ask if dumbells are okay for these starter programs?

Barbells are better. They are irreplaceable for squats, deadlifts, and power cleans. Party because the nature of where the bar and thus weight rests during these lifts with a barbell is fundamentally changed by using dumbells, and partly because it's just incredibly impractical to try a 300 DUMBBELL deadlift. The vast majority of gyms don't have dumbells heavy enough for that.

Also, dumbbells usually increase in increments of five pounds. Per dumbbell. So it forces you to make 10 lbs jumps, which is unnecessarily hard for anything by squats and deadlifts. And squats have to stop that after a week or two (deadlifts will usually continue with 10 lbs increases longer on SS, since you do them half as often as squats, and it's usually at least as strong of a movement as your squat). Every gym I've ever seen with barbells has 2.5 lbs plates, which allows you to load barbells in 5 lbs increments. Much nicer.

Dumbbells can be handy if you're incapable of bench pressing or standing pressing the empty barbell, since you can start with 5 lbs dumbbells. But you're a dude, and I'm assuming between the ages of 18 and 30, it shouldn't be beyond your ability to easily start with the empty bar on those lifts.

Also, if you have a history of catastrophic shoulder injuries, dumbbell bench press can take some stress off your shoulder, but barbell bench press WILL make you stronger if you can do it.

Dumbbells are really just popular because they allow idiot, overroided, underlifting bodybuilding poofters to do all sorts of stupid shit they can write magazine articles about.
>>
>>39525506
Making your own super heavy barbells would be ideal imo.

Deadlifting with super barbells makes it far easier to cheat by resting it against your body or letting your dominant side cheat for the other side.

Honestly I'd like to see non compressing the spine alternative to deadlifting to stimulate test but I don't think it exists.
>>
Apparently it should take about 24h for food to be digested and shat out. But I notice if I eat something like beans which I tens to shit out small bits of, it appears maybe 8 hours or so after I eat them.

Is this normal for someone who exercises and therefore has a faster metabolism or am I not digesting properly or something?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.