[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fullbody to fullbody split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I have been doing a full body routine for the past 3 years on Monday's and Fridays and if there was time to spare on Wednesday's as well.

Recently I became able to spend loads more time on training and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to split the fullbody workout into a pull push split and start training 6 days a week ?

Can anyone more knowledgeable than me lay down the pro's and cons ?
>>
What was your routine like?
>>
>>39520966
5x5 with some machine and dumbell accessoires thrown in
>>
>>39521003
So you were doing squats, deadlifts, bench, ohp and rows plus accessories all on one day? If anything that would take a shitload more time than segmenting your routine.
>>
>>39521027
Yup usually about 90 minutes or so I was planning to make the "splits" the same duration. Then again I know jack shit about programs hence the question. Maybe I should just try it for a month or two and see if I end up in snapcity or Mount Olympus.
>>
>>39521068
Having that much of a load on every workout is counter productive, you aren't possibly getting enough recovery time in between workouts. Plus, unless you're an advanced lifter you really don't need to be spending that much time on each workout anyway.
>>
>>39521102
So then a way forward would be lightening the load and or duration but shortening the interval ? bear with me if
I am being dim.
>>
>>39521126
I say just look up any of the beginner routines like SS or Stronglifts(assuming you're training for general strength/hypertrophy) and gradually make alterations based on your preference. Then again, I don't know what kind of shape you're in or what kind of numbers you're liftibg, you might be well past the point for those kinds of routines.
>>
>>39521210
I am probably past that point for some time now I hit 1/2/3/4 ages ago. But i guess i cant hurt to have a look Thanks !!
>>
>>39520950
If you got the time and dedication jump on a ppl. I've been on one since around the start of the year and been making good gains
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.