[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time at gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nuncijvTau1usz2fyo1_1280.jpg (189KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuncijvTau1usz2fyo1_1280.jpg
189KB, 960x1280px
I was the guy that was posting those threads about being too much of a pussy to go to gym

Well...

>2 hours ago
>had sudden surge to go to the gym after failing to go in the afternoon (pussied out)
>got on the bus and went in
>had to find the changing rooms
>changed (put shorts on)
>put key in shoe
>went on running pedal machine for 10m as a warmup
>literally was overwhelmed with the machines and weights available
>found the barbells
>too intimidating. So many buff guys there.
>decide after 5m of walking about contemplating, to lift some dumbells
>go all the way down to 6kg
>light enough to lift, heavy enough to not be able to lift for long
>sit down on one of those benches with a headrest
>shit form
>worried that the other guys were judging and knew it was my first time
>it was obvious
>had no idea of the form to pick up the dumbells while on my back
>wonder why i didnt pull a muscle then
>did 8 reps then remembered to do 3x5
>saw a buff guy next to me use his knees to propell them
>copied him to demount them
>after I was done, I nervously wiped the bench to no avail with my jumper sleeve
>forgot to buy towel
>see guy doing barbell presses with 2 other guys on either side watching him
>tfw no frends
>tfw no gym buddy
>see many personal trainers
>after that seriously think of getting one to check my form and show me how to lift
>previously thought they were just for fat people to get into shape
>tfw skinny fat

the guy at reception was the type of guy i've always thought was cool but never be friends with because im not cool enough.
>>
File: 1477318672881.png (658KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1477318672881.png
658KB, 1024x687px
>I've paid 40 pounds, 20 pounds each month and it's a bitch to cancel.
>therefore walking out of the gym was a mixture of accomplishment/pride and ffs i have to do it again

It hit me when I was on the bus seeing all these couples, that I have neither friend or foe.

I think I'm going to quit the internet for a month. I've been using it and anime as an escapism, to replace friends. Well maybe quitting them will force my brain to seek real friendships to get it's social qouta.

This will be my last post. I will update in a month.
>>
Well, Anon, you have to isolate the people around you. No one really cares and no one will bother to help you unless you ask them or are about to kill yourself. Have you considered bringing headphones? It might distract you.

As for form, just practice and watch videos. It will come around eventually.

Best of luck!
>>
File: 1434733933977.jpg (39KB, 541x525px)
1434733933977.jpg
39KB, 541x525px
>I will update in a month.

I say 1 day
>>
Damn, so this is how DYELs feel in the gym. Stay strong brah, you're going to make it.
>>
I had the good fortune of living with a bodybuilder when I started lifting. He helped me out for my first couple of times.

You don't have the same luxury, so just take my advice: For months before lifting I thought I'd be judged, ridiculed, mocked and derided. I couldn't do a single proper push-up. When I finally got to the gym, I realized that nobody gives a fuck what you're up to, unless you ask them for help, at which point 90% of people want to be your bro and make sure you do the exercise correctly and push yourself.
>>
>>39512280
This is true. I too had the privilege of knowing a gymbrah who taught me the basics. However i have now surpassed him in gym knowledge.
>>
>>39512205
poorfag here... i can't afford a personal trainer so what I did was to watch online, or watch people at the gym work on machines and do exactly the same. Also when the personal trainer is there teaching somebody and I happen to be next to them I just listen and take in all the info...

good luck! You can always make friends at the gym. See a guy working out on a device ask him how many sets he has left... he might say you can both work there and that way you start chatting...

good luck! i'm prolly th emost skinny at my gym but fuck em, i will grow big
>>
This bothers me, except I'm not skinnyfat, but former fatass, now I'm chubby (from cca 115kg to 85-90kg atm). I have significant fat only at my belly, which is saggy and it pisses me off.
Best thing about me is that I'm naturally buff, people usually think I hit the gym, because I have wide shoulders and wide chest. It's my belly that pisses me off, how to get rid of it?

What do I need to buy for gym? What do I do at first?
>>
>>39512205
You're not the only one struggling.
I've got a free gym member ship at my Uni. I've only gone three days, and since I started last week and I'm home for thanks giving.
I've learned, no one gives a fuck what you do most of the time.
I was with a couple buddies and we fucking around with machines we have no idea how they work. No one blinked an eye.
Well that's true for everyone but the Saudis. They're a bunch of dicks who speak their language and laugh at point at people.

I use to be play high school football, and doing a year of nothing and jumping into lifting, just depresses me how much muscle I have loss.
>>
>>39512375
op here. I just brought shorts and flat shoes, a key lock, and put them in a backpack.

They should provide lockers in the changing room. You take off your jeans, put on your shorts. Put everything into the locker. I bring my phone with me and my bus pass and put them into my pockets in case i forget my key and lock them in. Keep valuables with you if you need them. Gym break ins do happen I'm sure.

Wear a loose shirt or a jumper/hoodie. And everyones doing their own thing so don't worry no one is gonna judge.

That's as far as I got. However, I was at least 8 pounds fatter before I was ready for the gym. I'm 82kg so similar to you. I make sure to walk everyday for at least an hour. Do not eat junk food ever.

What I eat

oatmeal + dash of salt + banana instead of sugar. Tastes good. Fills you up and you'll never get constipated.

I skip lunch or have a peanut butter and jam samwich. Today I had a lot of sugar in my lunch because i used the reeces pieces peanut butter lol. Then went to gym ^^ and ate take away pizza. But it's a reward for actually going to the gym. For the next few weeks it's nothing but eggs, chicken, vegatables, oatmeal and greek yogurt.

oatmeal, greek yogurt and black coffee fucking fills you up man. Load up on the coffee I love it and wakes you up. Don't like that instant shit. Makes me go poo.

Oh and I also ate a bag of dorritoes which was because I was bored. I tried to quit the internet but my fat habits activated it was terrifying.

So for the next month all I'm allowed to do in my free time is read, write , go outside and go to the gym.

Sorry this has nothing to do with your question. Just needed to spill my guts to a human being
>>
>>39512309
the pupil become the master
>*teleports*
>hehe... nothing personal, kid
>>
>>39512375
Read the fuckin sticky
>>
Is there anywhere else I can read about the absolutely mundane happenings in your daily life? Like, a blog or something?
>>
>>39512520
Haha, yeah it's true. Although i learned most of what i know from /fit/ and youtubers such as scooby.
>>
you should've at least made a plan before you showed up and just randomly did shit. find a routine (preferably one that primarily revolves around barbell compounds) and watch videos and practice form at home until you feel like you have some idea what the fuck is going on. be sure to track your progress.
>>
>>39512205

does anyone have a name for this girl god damn. reverse image search is giving me fuck all
>>
>>39512205
>getting fit to go to the gym
absolutely retarded man
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.