[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does training to failure help or hinder gains?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: arnold.jpg (12KB, 275x183px)
arnold.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Does training to failure help or hinder gains?
>>
>>39509498
shit for strength good for hyper
>>
>>39509498
What a stupid ass question
>>
hinder because you risk injury for being a tryhard
>>
File: 362538_f520.jpg (41KB, 520x406px) Image search: [Google]
362538_f520.jpg
41KB, 520x406px
>>39509498
Hinder. But going until you can't, feels so right. I don't leave the gym until I have a good pump and my muscles are totally vibrating. I'm actually addictied to the feeling of blood rushing to the areas I work. I wouldn't recommended stoping until failure for a newcomer though because your form might be off.
>>
>>39509498
Just go to the last rep before the failure rep and you are good to go. Good for strength and Hyper
>>
>>39509523
Alright, didnt mean to chad ya there, pimpin. High reps to failure is going to make you grow bigger. Low reps with high wieght will make you grow stronger. So it halps if your going for aesthetics.
GET SWOLE BREH CMON
>>
From my research it appears to failure is quite taxing on the system and should be done sparingly.
>>
>>39509521
That's nonsense. Nothing can't be good for hypertrophy but bad for strength.
>>
>>39509608
if you are training for strength and keep going to failure you are going to stall really fast and be forced to take a week or two off to deload and recover

if can diddy at least 3pl8 or more try doing it with your 1RM weight every workout and tell us how it goes. in about a week if not even sooner all of your lifts will tank and you'll feel like shit
>>
Overtraining is a real bitch
>>
>>39509630
Can confirm

I switched back to strict programming with 5 reps and I started getting gainz again
>>
>>39509657
>>39509630

Really? I had the opposite effect.

When I just did it for size, I didn't bother to over train. Size went up but my strength stalled. I then switched to working to failure, and I got to the point where I can keep going, increasing my weight as I went.

When my 1RM for bench was stalled at 225, I lowered the weight and increased the rep range so I can fail at 15 or so reps. The endurance allowed me to go back up to 225, and push out more reps at that weight, which then allowed me to exceed my 1RM to a higher weight.
>>
>>39509498
Hinder, it reduces the amount of training volume you can accumulate
>>
>not doing a couple of forced reps / slow negatives at the end of your last set

[ ] making it
[x] not making it
>>
File: why bother.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
why bother.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
>>39509872
>not understanding basic training principles like accumulated volume and intensity variation over time
>>
>>39509644
being a pussy is a bigger bitch
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.