[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just had my first failed bench set

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1479926895232.jpg (128KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479926895232.jpg
128KB, 720x960px
I have been lifting a little over a month. I weigh 165 and am around 20% bf.

I was benching 165 2×5 and 1×5+amrap. It was the amrap I failed, getting 4 reps instead of 5 or more. I have been increasing my bench by 5-10 lbs per session, expecting to get here soon so I'd be listing closer to my actual limit, but the failed sets feel pretty bad.

Anyway I guess I increased all my other lifts so it could be worse.
>>
File: IMG_8480.jpg (165KB, 750x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8480.jpg
165KB, 750x1064px
I'm 150 and benched 135 2x5 today for the first time. Gonna try to get some squats in before thanksgiving dinner, hoping to get up to 165 before Christmas.
>>
>>39499529
I think that's possible. I started not really calorie counting, just making sure I'm not going much above 2500. That made me have a lot more energy for lifting (but then again I'd be a fat if I didn't control myself, so eating enough isn't hard for me really).
>>
File: hZ2ZhN1.png (866KB, 762x467px) Image search: [Google]
hZ2ZhN1.png
866KB, 762x467px
>>39499466
>started listing almost a year ago
>at first could barely do 25lb plates
>worked until I hit lmao1.5 plates
>get flu for a week
>go back
>bench down thirty pounds
>even that weight makes me wrist hurt
>try to go near my old max
>shame press the bar to the lowest pins in the bench
>go straight to locker room
>sit in sauna and contemplate life
>make 300k a year
>have fucked up every relationship I have
>social retardation
>found a woman on tinder months ago
>had a great dates with her
>even made her dinner and made out on my couch
>stopped talking to me immediately the next day
>two weeks later tells me I didn't fuck up
>no social screw ups
>our time together was fun
>I'm just not attractive she says
>have money
>managed to overcome social retardation
>have multiple vehicles and huge home in middle of a city
>still alone because ugly
>money doesn't matter
>social skills doesn't matter
>resources don't matter
>interesting hobbies don't matter
>physical contact, kissing, holding hands, making out don't matter
>all that matters is looking like chad
>>
You know you have to deload 10% on amrap
>>
>>39500290
deload from my 5 rep max? I've always heard it's from your one rep max.
>>
>>39500300
I am pretty sure is from your 5 rep. And If you it more thano 10 reps you have to put more weight.
>>
>>39500325
I knew the ten rep thing, I always just thought yo were supposed to match your 5 rep. Out of curiosity, what is the benefit of that specific deload? Like, does it increase mass more?strength? How do I know what is a better set, 165x5, or is it 146.5x9? I'm not trying to argue btw I'm just curious.
>>
>>39500363
Lets say your bench is 200 lbs for 1 rep, usually 5 reps are 65%/70% of your 1 rep. If you take 65% you would bench 130 for 5, and on the amrap you would decrease the weight to 117 (cuz that's lesse 10%). If you take 10% from 200lbs that's 180 much more than your 5 rep max. It makes sense to me soo thats how it do it. If I am wrong some one please care to explain
>>
>>39500290
what the fuck are you talking about you retard

You're just meant to try the weight again next week you aspie don't pull shit out of your ass
>>
>>39500652
How am I supposed to do more than 5 reps with the same weight that I started?
>>
>>39500741
thats the point you mongol you're meant to be able to do more than the ammount of reps in the set

in gnucks 3x bench you do a weight 2x6, then try and see how many you can get with it, and if its more than 6 you up the weight

you are such a little mongol I swear
>>
>>39500776
If can do more than 5 reps at tbe last set you are not lifting enough in the other two sets
>>
>>39500861
you have no idea what you're talking about. please never give people advice ever again.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.