[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post workout: protein w/ water or milk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (32KB, 620x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 620x425px
I'm trying to gain weight if that's important, but I read that 20g of protein is the perfect amount for post workout, but if milk is already high in protein, wouldn't adding whey protein to milk make me exceed the 20g limit, thus damaging the progress of the workout?
>>
>>39490237
Ovaltine nigga
>>
how many scoops
>>
>>39490237
So many levels of retardation.

But exceeding the optimal amount of protein does not damage the progress. It's just that '20g' is the most your body can absorb in one go. If you consume more than that, you won't get any more benefit but it won't do any harm either.

And if you're trying to bulk it's obviously better to consume more calories - ie. from the milk.
>>
>>39490274
1 scoop of whey
>>39490277
Give me a break, just getting into this protein shit
>>
>>39490348
20g is meme tier advice just fucking eat, liquid calories for bulking all day bro
>>
File: kermy.jpg (40KB, 540x423px) Image search: [Google]
kermy.jpg
40KB, 540x423px
>>39490277

Implying Brian Shaw can only absorb 20 gms.
Implying Meb K. even eats 20 gms per meal.

The protein companies make you believe your water weight, bone weight, fat weight all require protein when **** for real **** it's your skeletal muscle, and organs.

Thus they sell you a quantity with Mutant on the bag and you eat 3 times as much as you need and get fat and spend money on another product.

>the whole system is rigged. Maltodextrin ?
>>
there is no perfect amount, if you eat too much itll just not be turned into muscle ez as that.
but if you wanna gain weight, go for the milk for dem extra calories (unless you already count calories and eat an excess.

post workput carbs are more important
>>
>>39490237
10 SCOOPS THRICE A DAY C'MON
>>
>>39490237
chocolate milk > anything for post workout
>>
Why do people say that milk is high in protein? The semi-skimmed I buy says that per 200ml there's 7 grams.
>>
>>39490237
Every gram over 20g of protein that you eat in one sitting is converted into excess potassium which severely damages your kidneys. Which ultimately means you cant process any protein and you end up losing your gains and looking like some sort of skeletor.
>>
>>39490277
>It's just that '20g' is the most your body can absorb in one go. If you consume more than that, you won't get any more benefit but it won't do any harm either.
I really don't see how we can only absorb 20g in one go. Evolutionarily, it makes no sense that it would be so limited when we come from a feast/famine diet. It sounds like the same "6 small meals a day" broscience, our entire species would have starved to death long ago if we had to digest things in such small portions.
>>
>>39491078
>Every gram over 20g of protein that you eat in one sitting is converted into excess potassium which severely damages your kidneys.

brought to you by broscience
>>
Its not really unhealthy to overdose on protein i assume, but whey powder isn't good. I once went to the hospital for something unrelated but severe, it was reported that my piss had a horrible smell and they checked it and there was massive amounts of protein in it(It was really dark too). This happened after using it for months so i assume my kidneys just got backed up and overloaded with it.

I asked the doctors if it was unhealthy to have these "milkshakes", and they said protein milkshakes are perfectly fine, then i asked again by saying protein powder then their face changed and they said it can really fuck up your kidneys and one doctor said it can increase kidney cancer.

It's best to use it purely as a supplement only if you find it difficult to get protein other ways for your daily intake goal (Tuna and milk are your friends), for workouts it's probably best to actually do half/half before and after with milk, or one full scoop after and have some decent protein meal a while before hand.

If you are trying to be a full on bodybuilder and getting a decent/ok rate of gains isn't enough, ignore what i said and eat 10 scoops raw every hour.
>>
>>39491078
stop posting
>>
I haven't seen this much broscience since the 80s
>>
>>39491156

1. How did you not notice your piss was so foul?
2. How does a fucking doctor not know that a protein shake is made from protein powder? Did he think you were blitzing a fucking chicken breast? And does he even know that there are many protein powders made from completely different protein sources?
3. Tuna is loaded with mercury and dairy comes with it's own problems if consumed in high enough amounts to make up the bulk of your protein intake (and whey is just fucking milk with those problematic properties, such as sugar, removed).
4. Fucking duh it's just a supplement, you weren't getting 100% of your protein from shakes were you?
>>
you really are daft
>>
>>39491188
1. I did, it just appeared around the exact same time i went to the hospital and i was fucking out of it. They still haven't came up with a diagnosis for what i had but i almost died, they were giving me the Ebola treatment almost, only allowed contact with full body protection and enclosed plastic masks.

2. I assume he thought i was just talking about smoothies mixed with some high protein stuff ex. Peanut butter, almonds
I'm pretty sure he said its because of the powder form, not that it's whey.

3.Didn't word it properly but i was saying they should be supplements too, eat high protein normally, have some of those two if you are under and if its still not enough have some protein powder. There is brands of tuna tested for mercury and only sold under a certain level, i can buy 70c tested tins with over 20g of protein each. I personally am completely fine with milk, i used to drink about 1-2L every day since i was a child but stopped a few years ago, it's a thing a lot of my family did/does. Regular people having a glass of milk each day most likely aren't going to have problems with it unless they are allergic, in which case they shouldn't be having any at all.

4. Exactly, and no.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.