[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can zinc supplements kill my hair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1465198799573.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1465198799573.gif
2MB, 250x188px
Not the same anon that posted earlier about thinning hair, but I figured you guys would know about the effect of supplements on the body.

In the last five months or so, I've noticed my hair drastically thin, to where I lose a ton of it in the shower and the hairs are so much finer than they were even just six months ago.

Around that same time, I started taking zinc supplements, which supposedly provide 300% of the daily need.

Is the zinc fucking my hair over? I've stopped as of today, but will it come back you think?

Anyone else experience this?
>>
File: 1477011919662.jpg (17KB, 193x245px) Image search: [Google]
1477011919662.jpg
17KB, 193x245px
>tfw balding and only 20

i don't drink water a lot so that might be it OP
>>
>>39489880
I drink at least 3 32 Oz Nalgenes of water a day, I'm not dehydrated.

I'm seriously freaked out by how fast this is fucking happening. Neither of my grandfathers were bald, my dad is nowhere close to being bald, nor my mom.

What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>39489880
Same senpai
It's thinning and receding so fast, it fucking sucks
No more girls until I'm probably 30
>>
>>39489859
If you have a predisposition to baldness then the zinc supplement could be affecting this. It also means that you kind of need the supplement and it's working (making your testosterone level higher and stuff).
>>
>>39490071
I mentioned that I don't really have much genetic baldness, outside of my uncles on my dad's side...but my dad has got very thick hair, as does his father. My maternal grandfather died at 71 with a full head of hair.

I'm paranoid it's the zinc because me taking the zinc and me losing hair (and it getting thinner) happened around the same time.

Zinc supplement is 50mg, which is 333% of dv.
>>
>>39490107
It's not the zinc, if you're getting bald you already had it in you to begin with
Is your mother's father bald? You could have inherited from her
>>
>>39490141
My mother's father had a full head of hair until he died at 71.

I'm fucking freaking out: I'm not the kind of guy that'd look OK being bald, I'd look so fucking stupid.
>>
Maybe that thing about creatine isn't a meme after all brah
>>
>>39490107

Your body won't produce more testosterone than it's built to produce if you feed it with more zinc

Gear will make you bald because it's basically putting your DHT glands on overdrive from the high levels of testosterone. Zinc on the other hand is just the material used to build test. Your body will use what it can and leave the rest alone. If you had a low level of testosterone from lack of zinc before, it's likely that the production of DHT was also increased by taking it.
>>
>>39490165
I've never taken creatine.

>>39490169
I felt fine and could build muscle just fine before the zinc, I just added the zinc to help things work even better (because that's what I presumed).

I've looked online and other people have made similar connections of high doses of zinc causing hair loss, but it's fucking Google so who knows...hard to find any information that is very authoritive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.